AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-10, 12:19   Link #61
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of Hijikata, what is he up to? He didn't even show up once this season.
He was supposed to have an episode before the circus episode, but I think the anime will move that arc. After next episode, it should be another Hijikata one, so potentially they could make 2-2.5 episodes with the Hijikata group with the previously skipped arc.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-10, 19:03   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
He was supposed to have an episode before the circus episode, but I think the anime will move that arc. After next episode, it should be another Hijikata one, so potentially they could make 2-2.5 episodes with the Hijikata group with the previously skipped arc.
I hope they do that. Golden Kamuy's only flaw is that they've skipped too much stuff, although I never truly realized what I was missing until I saw the OVAs.
Old 2020-11-12, 10:16   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Golden Kamuy extends its support to the Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo football club, and members of the club seem ready for a stenka against Sugimoto and company.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...collab/.166073

Wouldn't want to be the guy who has to fight Sugimoto.

The club's name of "Consadole" is made from consado, a reverse of the Japanese word Dosanko (道産子, meaning "people of Hokkaido") and the Spanish expression Ole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkai...sadole_Sapporo
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-16, 17:10   Link #64
WingedAccelerator

Episode 8 will be the skipped Hijikata arc before the circus episode, so my guess could turn out to be correct.
Old 2020-11-16, 19:38   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kind of a weak episode this time, but a weak Golden Kamuy episode is still a great one.

Another prison break incoming? That Sofia chick really let herself go.
Old 2020-11-16, 22:12   Link #66
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some smart and fast thinking from Genjirou making that hole using fire
Old 2020-11-17, 00:48   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kind of a weak episode this time, but a weak Golden Kamuy episode is still a great one.

Another prison break incoming? That Sofia chick really let herself go.
It's been a while since Wilk and Kiroranke were fresh faced teenage regicide. Plus, prison life isn't easy. It's weirder that Svetlana was able to maintain her good looks, really.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 05:49   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That episode struck me an anything but weak.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-17, 10:04   Link #69
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I found the blizzard sequence especially compelling. Felt cold just watching it. Tanigaki's training and experience kept them alive.
Old 2020-11-17, 19:10   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When I say weak episode, I mean compared to the amazing strings of episodes we've had those past weeks.
Old 2020-11-18, 07:26   Link #71
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I have no words to what happened after Sugimoto handed the photo to the Russian couple... which turned out be his.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-20, 17:04   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

PvE probably isn't as thrilling as PvP for some people (including me), so yeah I guess technically this episode wasn't as thrilling as the last two but naturally it was still pretty great. Loved the foreshadowing with Ogata at the end too - tons of layers with the mountain cat analogy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-23, 16:43   Link #73
Wandering Soul

I was wondering what happened to Hijikata too so I'm glad we got an episode about him and it was great one too. Yochiro the man slayer might be my favorite of the escaped convicts so far.

Also they finally got Ogata to say "hinna".
Old 2020-11-23, 19:53   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved how the characters switched from present to past selves from Yochiro's point of view. It was ridiculous that everyone after him arrived at the same time, and it felt unnecessary to boot. My one complaints after this amazing episode. We even saw the return of osoma!

It seems like Sugimoto figured out that what looks like letters on the tattos actually aren't, since Asirpa is supposed to the key to decoding them and she was never taught how to read by her father.
Old 2020-11-23, 22:06   Link #75
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the Man Slayer still have some life in him taking down all those men alone but really awesome taking out those 3 men with just one axe
Old 2020-11-23, 23:43   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Am I just slightly inebriated, or is this one of the best episodes of Golden Kamuy in a long time?
Old 2020-11-24, 06:12   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't speak to the first part, but I think they've pretty much all been tremendous this season.
Old 2020-11-24, 09:10   Link #78
WingedAccelerator

Well, they are skipping the next Hijikata arc or just move it to the second cour, if this is a split cour.

Next episode they will be 10-13 chapters away from the ideal stopping point and given that they will have 3 more episodes, they will pull it off satisfyingly.
Old 2020-11-24, 17:02   Link #79
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's got to be among the saddest episodes I ever seen. Imagine dedicating your life to a lord, doing all the dirty work, making your own life a living hell painting a giant target on your back only for your lord to abandon you and you watch as your country turns its own way with your tireless efforts amounting nothing more than a drop in the ocean. And you have no choice but to have your sins chase you all the way to the end, even when you're nothing more than a delirious elderly man who no one loves anymore. His story was depressing beyond belief.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-24, 18:52   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's pretty much Rurouni Kenshin except it hasn't followed the protagonist into old age.

Tags
action, historical