Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-04, 12:56   Link #61
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I disagree on him having no character development. He started the show as extremely cocky and jealous of the team's first driver. He thought he could be first driver but, when push come to shove, he realized it's not so easy and has been slowly cracking under the pressure ever since. Haruka coming in and pushing him that hard pushed him near to the edge and we can clearly see they're building up for him to have his big growth moment. I'd bet on it happening next episode.
I hope you are right and I am wrong about this character. We will see in the coming episodes.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 23:00   Link #62
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Tire management is part of the contest in racing. You need to conserve your tires in order to stay competitive at the end. It's even more important in a series where you don't get to change tires during the race.

They said the races are about 30 minutes long in F4. For comparison, a race in F1 typically runs around two hours. Same for a typical IndyCar race other than the Indy 500, which runs around three hours. NASCAR's longest race, the Coke 600, runs around four hours. (Side note: The Indy 500 and the Coke 600 run on the same day, and several drivers have tried to compete in both. Kyle Larson will be trying it next year.)

And then there are the endurance races, which run anywhere from four to twenty-four hours. But those cars are driven by a team of three or four, like a relay race.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 12:04   Link #63
velvet nightmare

Every time that satsuki fan girl says something I fast forward.

It's so cringe. She serves absolutely no purpose in this story, other than explaining that Satsuki is Lauda instead of Hunt, which literally anyone could have pointed out.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 14:51   Link #64
grecefar

it took 11 chapters for tokomaru to realized that he wants to win. And satsuki is pushing it too much, it's going to backfire for sure.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 15:08   Link #65
Dop
Mmmm....

Clearly Satsuki's in no fit state to race and if he doesn't realise that after that first try then he's an idiot. But maybe that little race between team members was to give his teammate a psychological 'kick up the arse' in which case it seems to have succeeded.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 02:19   Link #66
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

About Satsuki and drivers racing while injured.

It does happen. A few weeks ago I told you about being caught in the downpour that ended the 1975 Indy 500. One of the drivers in that race, Steve Krisiloff, was driving with a broken leg. He was still in the race when the rain hit, and ended up sliding down the front stretch backwards, but he finished.

A more dramatic example would be Buddy Lazier, who won the 1996 Indy 500 while driving with a broken back. This is probably the most painful Victory Lane celebration you're ever likely to see:

This year, the biggest feel-good story has to be Robert Wickens, who suffered a spinal cord injury in an IndyCar crash five years ago and today only has partial use of his legs. Last year he started his comeback, driving a car with hand controls built into the steering wheel, and this year he won the TCR division championship in IMSA's Michelin Pilot Challenge. He's hoping for a shot at IMSA's top tier in the future, and has even talked about running the Indy 500 again.

There's really only one type of injury that prevents a driver from getting back into the car before they're fully recovered, and that's concussions. Concussions ended the careers of IndyCar's Dario Franchitti and NASCAR's Kurt Busch, hastened the retirement of NASCAR favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr., and now threaten to end the career of IndyCar driver Simon Pagenaud. What doctors have learned about concussions in recent years have made everyone realize that they're not to be brushed off. There's too much risk, both to the driver and potentially to the other drivers, too.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-11, 15:33   Link #67
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm not as concerned about Satsuki's legs as his ribs. Sustained G-forces will reopen all those wounds.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 18:36   Link #68
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Such a clean ending.
Why can't every show that try to tell a human drama story through sports be like this?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 19:30   Link #69
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I enjoyed the finale. Overall, the show was decent as well. Nothing about it felt bad and nothing about it felt great. It's a solid 7/10 from me.

I thought that Alice was gonna take off with her nose bleed propulsion
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 20:30   Link #70
grecefar

it was a good race. I really thought haruka didn't have any chance of winning and that third place was enough but it was well done his victory.

7/10. This can have the potential for more but with his victory it felt like just one deal.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 03:28   Link #71
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

What a gem of an anime. One of the best to round off the year. Great story telling, deep, and didn't shy away from controversial topics. Glad to have watched Overtake! and happy to see Haruka get his first win, and Madoka to really come back into photography.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 20:55   Link #72
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episode 9 alone raised this series to another level. Lovely story that I'd imagine has come to an end.

Maybe they can make an OVA about Madoka and Sae's wedding.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 22:02   Link #73
Alchemist007
*Author

Good drama and storytelling. There was also some racing.

9/10

Tags
racing, sports