Quote:
A spinning joke you Ill make it now.

And made it
That was titanic.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 14:18   Link #62
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Holy crap! That Female Titan is like the T-1000.

I wonder what Levi and the others going to do?
Old 2013-08-11, 14:29   Link #63
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
The drool comes from the manga. It's not an idea from the studio..
ah, ic, gotta go back and reread the manga to remember all these details I suppose. Still the studio's amazing regardless
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 16:27   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Excellent episode, man this series really delivers! Epic fights, great development.

Eren's starting to get a little Shinji'ish to me though. Where's the resolve he had at the start of the series?
What's wrong with his resolve? If Levi ordered him to fight that Titan, he'd bloody well fight that Titan. The problem here is that he's being ordered to keep running instead of fighting, even though the FT's catching up, and not only he doesn't understand why, the veterans don't understand either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 16:35   Link #65
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

nobody knows why they entered the forest, I don't think even levi knows why they're inside.

but somehow, armin knows.

also, reiner definitely is human, I'm basing that solely on what he said about christa
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 17:08   Link #66
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Luckily Pixis wasn't there... he would get himself killed...
Old 2013-08-11, 17:08   Link #67
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
also, reiner definitely is human, I'm basing that solely on what he said about christa
He did go from 6 to midnight pretty quick for her, didn't he?

Human or not, I'm still convinced he's in cahoots with the "enemy." Just hard to say why for the time being.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 17:19   Link #68
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I just marathoned Episodes 13 through 18 (it works pretty good if you watch a whole bunch of them at once).

Holy cow, what a cliffhanger 18 is. You know things are bad when even the "expert Titan killers" are panicked.

Endless "Swinging" Soul
Old 2013-08-11, 17:26   Link #69
freeofgreed

Amazing episode and atmosphere especially during the second half. Hopefully studio Wit will be able to keep up this quality for the remaining 6 or so episodes.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 19:15   Link #70
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Luckily Pixis wasn't there... he would get himself killed...
Well... he did say he wanted to be eaten by a Female Titan.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 19:28   Link #71
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well... he did say he wanted to be eaten by a Female Titan.
That was his joke :v
Old 2013-08-11, 20:40   Link #72
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Ha ha, I didn't realize that the quiet guy with the black hair from Eren's class was a separate character from Marco (Jeans friend who died). XD

I don't understand why some people think every soldier in this show is visually scared of the titans. Yeah, they all fear the titans but I think this show has done a good job of making a distinction between different factions. The military police and the Rose jacket people have been crapping their pants but these Recon guys are down for anything. They're just engaging the titans without hesitation just for the good of the entire column. The only reason the elite team was scared is because they were confused over Levi not doing anything.

And maybe aside from capturing the FT Erwin is trying to see where Eren's allegiance lies. Based on the episode preview I think that maybe he's seeing if Eren will just let the Recon Corps (in his vicinity) get killed off and not turn into a Titan to save them. Seems like a pretty big gambit though.

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2013-08-11 at 20:55.
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 21:17   Link #73
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Ha ha, I didn't realize that the quiet guy with the black hair from Eren's class was a separate character from Marco (Jeans friend who died). XD

I don't understand why some people think every soldier in this show is visually scared of the titans. Yeah, they all fear the titans but I think this show has done a good job of making a distinction between different factions. The military police and the Rose jacket people have been crapping their pants but these Recon guys are down for anything. They're just engaging the titans without hesitation just for the good of the entire column. The only reason the elite team was scared is because they were confused over Levi not doing anything.

And maybe aside from capturing the FT Erwin is trying to see where Eren's allegiance lies. Based on the episode preview I think that maybe he's seeing if Eren will just let the Recon Corps (in his vicinity) get killed off and not turn into a Titan to save them. Seems like a pretty big gambit though.
If he saves his comrades in this situation, then I guess that Eren's loyalty to humanity, or at least to his military branch, would be guaranteed and the MP would not be able to prosecute him for being "a dangerous variable" at the military court anymore.
Old 2013-08-11, 21:31   Link #74
Mubyoshi

This anime continues to have great OST as always, the final scene sent chills.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 21:59   Link #75
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubyoshi View Post
This anime continues to have great OST as always, the final scene sent chills.
I love the OST during the first fight with the female titan, it was well animated too. Track 1 according to the preview.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:38   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I love the OST during the first fight with the female titan, it was well animated too. Track 1 according to the preview.
01 - Atˈæk 0N Tάɪtn is my favorite from the 1st OST. IMO the song's style suits the series perfectly
Old 2013-08-11, 22:56   Link #77
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
01 - Atˈæk 0N Tάɪtn is my favorite from the 1st OST. IMO the song's style suits the series perfectly
Err I meant track 1 of the second OST preview, that's the one played during the first fight.
Old 2013-08-11, 23:40   Link #78
Hmm....

Quote:
Poor Beltholt (or however his name spell), Can't help it when he is basically Reiner's Armin. They seem to stick together all the time. At first, I was suprised he join recon corp. He did state he wanna join MP back in Ep3. I wonder what change his mind. Reiner ?

Quote:
Because some people are too accustom to usual shonen manga ? In most manga bravery mean no fear of death whatsoever.

Fearless soldier are no brave soldier. They are simply reckless soldier. One that will die very fast (just like Eren back in Ep5).
To fear something and still able to face it, that is true bravery.
I believe this is Attack on Titan theme.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 23:51   Link #79
ANM789

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by animewars2 View Post
oh no i dont read manga it dosent do nothing for me i love anime the colors the sound, story plots the back ground music the animation i love everything about anime manga just doesnt do it for me which sometimes i regret cause i would like to go further in to series but what can u do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post
Yea dude. I hate manga with passion. This is my fifth or fourth manga I am currently on and going to complete. I'm more into visuals, sounds and animations than anything else - maybe holograms in the future! But anyways, I would give this one special exception just to see the story. You can read the manga anywhere on the Internet, or I would recommend to borrow/purchase the Official translation which is way better than the fan translation. If you have a monitor you can adjust, like Asus PB238Q then you can flip it vertically and read the manga with pleasure - not to mention this is an IPS panel. I sat there and drilled through the whole series in less than 20 hours listening to Attack on Titan and Vocaloid (house, electronic and metal types). Lots of amazing moments. There are several scenes which they purposely never implemented in the anime for good reasons (it would be stupid if they did). I'm sure they will implement them at the right moment.

Anyways, this is a good series. You'll see what will happen in the next episodes.
For me isn't easy to read manga as it is to read comics, but I can overlap it sometimes. Not in this case, unfortunately. The animation, and music and the colours in this show are AMAZING!

And talking about music... When the black smoke round is seen by Levi's team, and then there's this guy in his 3DMG rushing in slow motion and the Female Titan is coming and then there's this music with a bizarre voice chanting and the drums... GOD! I want to hear this full song right now. Anyone knows if it's on the OST album??
ANM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 23:55   Link #80
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM789 View Post
For me isn't easy to read manga as it is to read comics, but I can overlap it sometimes. Not in this case, unfortunately. The animation, and music and the colours in this show are AMAZING!

And talking about music... When the black smoke round is seen by Levi's team, and then there's this guy in his 3DMG rushing in slow motion and the Female Titan is coming and then there's this music with a bizarre voice chanting and the drums... GOD! I want to hear this full song right now. Anyone knows if it's on the OST album??
I think that's the song I mentioned, it's number 1 on the second OST preview