AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-28, 19:49   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerome
And that is the novel not the anime version.

so the that means the relationships that are in the novel aren't quite the same compared to the anime version.

so pretty much whatever sagarra said in the novel isn't really what will happen in the anime.

that was your point right.
In the first place, the anime is created based on the original source material aka the novels.

In return, unless the original author wants to change some things out of his own accord like the slight changes in TSR to accomodate 13 episodes, the anime would most likely follow the novel faithfully.
Old 2006-05-02, 00:32   Link #62
mewarmo990

SPOILER SPOILER OMGWTFBBQ ANIME PEOPLE DONT READ THIS

Agreed, the novel is the canon on which the anime is based. If there are differences in the anime series, you will notice that they are minor and of no actual consequence to the storyline, with the exception of the Fumoffu? spinoffs and the short stories (Sousuke and Tsubaki are gay, not really haha - Irrelevant Emotion short story). So, I'm sorry if the people who only watch the anime have had it spoiled for them (assuming you disregarded my spoiler warning), but Sousuke DOES have true feelings for Kaname, and vice versa. He realizes it close to the end of A Very Merry Christmas, and in Continuing On My Own they hold hands after school - there's even a picture!
Old 2006-05-05, 09:06   Link #63
ghost1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
hard to say. sagara doesn't seem express his feelings very well.. in fact he totally sucks at it. I do think he likes kaname more than tessa, he doesn't feel as comfortable around her. But a guy like sagara will never say how he really feels

I think that it is better that they keep going back and fourth not knowing what to do or how to express themselves. It is some of FMP's appeal. The frustration that exists between Sousuke and Kaname is more fun to follow. Also, the added triangle with Tessa is pretty funny.
Old 2006-05-26, 20:34   Link #64
mewarmo990

@@@SPOILERS AGAIN, ANIME FANS DON'T READ@@@
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
To quote a translated (not by me) quote from the author, from the novel A Dancing Very Merry Christmas in which Tessa gets rejected and Sousuke finally admits to himself that he likes Kaname:

"Before, I said, 'Next time, it will be a lighthearted story,' but... it didn't end up being a happy Christmas for all of the main characters. So again, I apologize. Well... it's not as if there are people who don't want to see the protagonist in a normal love comedy like Sousuke going back and forth, confused between multiple heroines. Yes, I have times when I feel that way too."

So, basically it was the author's choice. He acknowledged that there would be a certain element of fan demand for the more typical love comedy, but I am guessing he did this because the core story was about to take a much darker turn in the next novel, Continuing On My Own.

I'm not arguing against ghost1987, because love triangles like these do turn out to have some pretty funny situations. But I think the author's choice was a wise one overall. Most of the comedy is in the short stories, anyway (off of which the Fumoffu! anime was based).

I'm sure we all remember when Sousuke passed out from exhaustion and Kaname and Tessa were fighting over the responsibility to take care of him. But now there is another love triangle, between LeonardxKanamexSousuke. Tessa is already getting over it, realizing that it was just a fantasy, and there are far more important things at hand, such as [[SPOILER]] an extremely destructive, simultaneous attack on all of Mithril's bases.
Old 2006-06-06, 01:16   Link #65
misakichii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domasai
I agree that Tessa seems 'better suited,' but perhaps that's not what he wants. :
actually, i totally disagree with that. it's true that kaname is the "girl of the choice" but still tessa's just not for sagara. i mean, i personally think that kaname understands sagara so much more than tessa can. like in that one episode in FMP TSR, it was only kaname who can bring sagara back for his misery. kaname is so much more abusive but still i just can't agree that tessa seems better suited.
Old 2006-06-08, 19:02   Link #66
AndyisFrozen
FMP Fan :D!!

well , kaname does say " she likes him, likes him so much it hurts "
and near the end of continuing on my own he also saids he likes her so ... yah D:! they both like each other ... but sadly

shes surrenders herself to leonardo to save the everyone at the school and sousoke. and so sousoke trys to find leads to get her back or at least find her xD
when she went with leonardo, and they left, he got depressed so that saids it all.
Old 2006-06-09, 01:59   Link #67
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think that they make a good match but since Kaname's first kiss was with Tessa's brother, i think it would be pretty cool if Sagara's first kiss was with Tessa =P
Just my humble opinion

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2006-06-10 at 00:00.
Old 2006-06-18, 07:09   Link #68
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I don't believe Tessa is in love with him. She was pretty quick to proclaim she was in love with him, which aroused my suspicions. I believe it's nothing more than a crush. Sagara sees her as, at the very most, a friend and just a higher rank superior.

**Possible spoilers if you haven't seen any of the series**
Sagara shows so much more attention to Kaname. He only protects Tessa because he has to but he protects Kaname even after his mission to keep her safe is over. He shows some affection towards Kaname too. It can be quite subtle, but it's there. Like when in Fumoffu they are riding back on the bike from the haunted hospital, when Kaname is about to collapse he puts his arm around her and pretends he didn't say he was worried about her when she fell through that floor. Also, he puts his arms around her and stares at her when they are trying to escape from the hijack incident. There's also the hair cutting scene in TSR. He falls asleep! That shows a huge amount of trust on his part, considering the things he usually does. With a little probing, he tells Kaname that she's beautiful when they walk off together after the dating competition in Fumoffu.

I could go on, but to round things off, those are the reasons Sagara likes Kaname.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:53   Link #69
T.V.

Also,
Sousuke shows some latent jealousy tendencies in the Fumo-land episode, when Chidori is dating another guy.

I'd say that he's attracted to both, but truly loves Chidori while still being fond of Tessa.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 11:35   Link #70
Tabris

I've read the novels, and in the anime and manga he blatantly is more attracted to Chidori and with her being the female lead, it's only natural (and clichéd) that they end up in love.

I still prefer Tessa by leaps and bounds though, she's just so much more cute and in need of protection than Chidori. There are a whole load of qualities in her character which just make me smitten.
Old 2006-06-19, 02:28   Link #71
XavierCL

Send a message via MSN to XavierCL
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita
I think that they make a good match but since Kaname's first kiss was with Tessa's brother, i think it would be pretty cool if Sagara's first kiss was with Tessa =P
Just my humble opinion

I agree,wasted, but Sagara's one was with Mizuki when he was pretending to be her boyfriend
Old 2006-06-19, 06:18   Link #72
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierCL
I agree,wasted, but Sagara's one was with Mizuki when he was pretending to be her boyfriend
...and he didn't give Kaname one when she helped him out of the lake.
Old 2006-06-23, 08:42   Link #73
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Doesn't the Novels Clearly State Sousuke Likes Kaname waaaay more then Tessa, to him Tessa is only a friend, even if she still likes him.

You just have to read the novels to truely understand, but its so true. Even in TSR, Sousuke is almost completly helpless because he feels imcomplete without being with Kaname, shes like his other half.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-23, 09:47   Link #74
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

True. Very true. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost1987
I think that it is better that they keep going back and fourth not knowing what to do or how to express themselves. It is some of FMP's appeal. The frustration that exists between Sousuke and Kaname is more fun to follow. Also, the added triangle with Tessa is pretty funny.
Exactly. That's what makes FMP different than all the other stupid mech/love stories out there: this one take forever to work out! Both lovers are really bad at admitting their feelings. I think some part of me is going to die when the novels end. Perhaps the author will keep writing little "Missions" and stuff, like the James Bond series, lol (except with no Bond girls, just Kaname, oh yeah).
Old 2006-07-10, 21:11   Link #75
Kai Yukari

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-10, 22:00   Link #76
DanielSong39

Something tells me that things would've worked out MUCH faster if Sagara chose Tessa...

As for the back-and-forth between Sagara and Kaname... it was amusing for a while, but it got old fast.

Sometimes it's better to resolve the matter and let the series die a natural death.
Old 2006-07-10, 22:40   Link #77
Cooldude

Don't think it was ever in doubt, really, and anyone who's read the novel would know that the storyline would only work if Sousuke loves Kaname

And even during SR (Or EODBD the novel), Sousuke had nothing but Kaname on his mind almost the whole time. Tessa's affection is rather one sided
Old 2006-07-12, 14:09   Link #78
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Something tells me that things would've worked out MUCH faster if Sagara chose Tessa...

As for the back-and-forth between Sagara and Kaname... it was amusing for a while, but it got old fast.

Sometimes it's better to resolve the matter and let the series die a natural death.
But that's the easy way out. These things take time and the personalities of Kaname and Sousuke need to be considered. It's not as if it's going to be very sudden, and I'd much rather they dragged it out than make it quick. The feeling of triumph/relief in this kind of situation is greater after a longer period of time, for me.
Old 2006-08-22, 02:20   Link #79
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

I think this says it all

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-03, 16:16   Link #80
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
Yeah; I've never quite figured out the traditional anime fascination with having these unfortunate love triangles. One person always seems to end up left in the cold (FMP, presumably) or dead (Scrapped Princess). All rather depressing.

I'll hazard that it's pretty obvious Kaname will be the "girl of choice" in the end, and in many ways I agree, but Tessa just seems so much better suited to him. Apart from adoring him (always a plus), she's got so much more in common with him and hence is in a much better position to tolerate (daresay appreciate) his various quirks (rather than ruthlessly smack him)...

Ah well. I eagerly await the remaining eps...

- Fromage
But can you actually see these guys actually getting married...having kids...settling down.
Closed Thread