AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-22, 00:19   Link #61
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
It's the Get Smart Nude Bomb Ending!

Sweet...
Damn...that was a good bomb. Why use it only on the final episode??? Sagara shouldn't keep it until the last minute of the show
Old 2003-11-22, 01:55   Link #62
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Alas, you are right they are novels...isn't a graphic novel manga though? But yes they are novels...I'm pretty sure the ones with just words...

But now I can't remember how many >< I think it's 3, but someone else told me it's just one >< gahhhhhhhh

[edit] bahh it's lots http://www.studiotaku.com/Articles/Features/FMP/FMP.htm [/edit]
mangas are graphic novels in english
They dont call it a manga because non-anime fans might not know wat "manga" is
they dont call it comic book because its going to drive away manga fans thinking it might just be batman.
and its graphic novel since its about 200 pgs in chapters, and the pictures are graphics.
Old 2003-11-22, 11:29   Link #63
Photonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
mangas are graphic novels in english
They dont call it a manga because non-anime fans might not know wat "manga" is
they dont call it comic book because its going to drive away manga fans thinking it might just be batman.
and its graphic novel since its about 200 pgs in chapters, and the pictures are graphics.
Not neccesesarily, the graphic novels are definately not just mangas or a different name for mangas. With FMP, the novels came out first, then the mangas, then the Anime or the other way around for the latter two.
Old 2003-11-22, 20:36   Link #64
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonman
Not neccesesarily, the graphic novels are definately not just mangas or a different name for mangas. With FMP, the novels came out first, then the mangas, then the Anime or the other way around for the latter two.
i just looked at the site and it said, "the anime was based on the graphic novels"
graphic novels are mangas. Maybe there was a NOVEL that the manga was based on? its easy to confuse?
Old 2003-11-23, 12:14   Link #65
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I just saw it and it felt like an appropriate ending for something that has no plot when it began. It makes me crave for more though. I can't wait for season 3, I hope there will be one.

Full Monty Virus - now that's funny! ^_^

Last edited by Gaara11; 2003-11-23 at 16:02.
Old 2003-11-23, 13:20   Link #66
Jackl

Cotton shirts and denim shorts all the way! None of the synthetic ****
Old 2003-11-23, 23:19   Link #67
MasafumiGotoh

Senpai!?!?

Remember when Senpai handed the girl a coat and he said it was "wool." I wonder how he found out that the virus eats petroleum products and such.
Old 2003-11-24, 01:05   Link #68
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

maybe he just wanted to look cool by saying its wool? or he noticed wat type of thing was disappearing.
Old 2003-11-25, 19:51   Link #69
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
or he wanted to make sure she was not allergic to wool...

but wearing a wool coat all of the time would get hot as hell! i mean... even when it is wet it STILL insulates.

how can he stand it.
Old 2003-11-27, 16:45   Link #70
Trunkz

God, that was a good series, I'm really happy, ok excluding the last episode's ending, where it shuda actually gone thro meh head (more romantic maybe ) but lets just hope they continue the third series, and maybe some mechs!
Old 2003-11-27, 21:02   Link #71
ARNEL98
Anime Fanatic

I didnt like the ending at all.
Unless they plan a season 3, then, if that's the case, this ending is okay.
Old 2003-11-28, 14:26   Link #72
7thMethuselah

yeah it wasn't much for an ending, I had preferred some more "love" between Chidori and Sagara or something but no luck there. I was quite surprised though, I was waiting for the real effect of the virus to come out but I didn't expect this one at all

Would 've been cool if they all turned into bonta-san or something

Ah well, season three, so long before we get there :'(
Old 2006-05-04, 16:02   Link #73
ghost1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
What a great ending, so anti-climatict, starts off as a greek tradgedy and ends in total nudity :P What I don't get is why Sagara told chidori to take of her clothes before he phoned his armsdealer. Maybe he read something in the manual. And why his clothes under the NBC suit weren't destroyed.
First of all, how do you know that Sagara's clothes weren't destroyed. Second of all, a NBC suit would protect Sagara from the effects of Full Monty, especially if he put it on as fast as he did.
Old 2006-05-22, 23:29   Link #74
Bob from Walmart

Ok, about the ending i thought it was great. Letting it end as a comedy is a great way to go and leaves room for more development, plus it kinda layed down a foundation for an even greater build up of events, because even if you guys think that fumoffu doesnt really affect the story of FMP it kinda builds character development and helps describe each and every character in more detail, so there is a good purpose to fumoffu.

This is what i dont get tho, how come no one has mentioned how weird the relationship between Mikihara Ren and Hayashimizu Atsunobu is, shes like how old and how old must he be? ... is that legal?
Old 2006-06-06, 05:45   Link #75
Seitsuki
Onee!

this is a great end to the fumoffu series... although i still think ep 5 with the scary chainsaw guy was the scariest (no particular connection)
does anything *good* happen in tsr? (i still havent watched it yet... *sad*)
Old 2007-07-22, 23:56   Link #76
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

Lol to the end of fumoffu it was odd no one worried about what was in the bottle they could made a whole episode about what was in the bottle but what i didnt get is when every1 in the class jumped him I swear i coulndnt stop laughing i thought that he was dead since it was the last episode or something if i was in that situation i would just freak out also id want to die the same way as kaname chidori but whenever Sousuke won I thought it was Ironic or something damn that must have sucked horribly for them seriously but when it broke I was all like HA HA HAAA!!!! Once Sousuke took chidori into the clinic that conversation made me think the hell did they actually do it or what??? hope not. Once they were outside i was like so this isnt a half bad way to end it but then i was laughing my ass off i think theres some word that summes it up but oh well and i was all like wat a twist and then did you see the karate guy i just loved that now when Sousuke says and i quote "My life will not last long." that was a funny part hey look around how did they no it was Sagaras fault anyways dont you think that was a bit odd that they found that out that fast damn rumors do spread fast in school Oh yeah encase you forgot did they have love wink wink in the clinic.
Sorry if that wasnt that good i just rambled on about stuff that didnt make sense i didnt stay on one thing but i think that sums up the episode BYE Good Night
Old 2007-07-25, 11:15   Link #77
Raishinshi
Your Master

Exclamation

Well it seems some of you are in the dark about if Fumoffu is a side story or anything else. Well to clear it up, Yes Fumoffu are side storys. The Full Metal Panic series are based off the Light novels made by Gatoh Shoji, There are 19 novels out right now(Correct me if i'm wrong) the last one is being made due release around September I believe. 9 of the novels are the Main plot(FMP! and FMP! The Second raid for anime), 10 of them are the side storys(Where fumoffu gets the episodes from). Since the anime only covers 5 of the novels, there is still 5(including the in-the-making novel) novels to which they can make an anime. So I hope this clears up any confusion!

You can find most of this here http://www.omnilinkavstudios.com/FMPFAQ/ Although, it's missing the last novel(#19), Come make my day.

And yes, Ep 15 was a very funny episode!

Spoiler for about the romance troubles between them:
Old 2008-01-16, 20:49   Link #78
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

fumoffu is one of the best damn comedy around

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-01-18 at 04:13.
Closed Thread