AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-10, 00:45   Link #61
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I suppose. The most powerful Summoner in-game (living in New York on top of the Empire State) apparently has a boss-level summon, and who knows what hoops he had to jump to get that.
That was a fake spoiler.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 00:55   Link #62
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Shamefur dispray on my part.
Old 2013-11-10, 01:24   Link #63
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
EDIT: Derp, misinformation. Must commit sudoku, shamefur dispray.
I think this line is even more confusing than a mouthful of nyan... But I get the gist.

-----

On another note, anyone seen the Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor trailers? Seen the new Garrison mechanic? Don't you think that says FEUDAL LORD all over it?!
Old 2013-11-10, 01:36   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I thot it was total 100s, active 12? If I didnt read the wiki wrong.
has to be 5, letting Summoners have 12 active summons would be beyond broken.
Old 2013-11-10, 01:47   Link #65
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virotox View Post
judging by the wording of some of them, i think it's a case by case basis.
Obviously the more powerful contracts are singular, but some of the lower lvl mooks seem like you can summon them in groups.
Probably but not sure. Mamare played diablo(i haven't played eq so I can't use it as example) from what I remember in diablo. The necromancer class has multiple undead type class summon. There are skeleton warrior and skeleton mage and you can only use 1 at a time. There is also golem summon but its mostly limited to one and the one one I remember that can be done in horde is revive. Though I might be wrong. I haven't played diablo 3 and its been years since I played so I might be wrong.

There probably different type of variant. Just like that female warrior that they lone to dress up with.
Old 2013-11-10, 02:09   Link #66
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose you can summon up to 5 Skeletons, then just spam the UD related skills. After all, they are just skeletons.

If we draw from Diablo, we get: Skeletons that are summoned in groups, but you are limited to 1 group per summon. Then throw in a pack of zombie dogs, 1 Abomination, 1 group of spiders from a pot, a flying gargolye and you have a necromancer. Remember to dress in goth loli.
Old 2013-11-10, 04:49   Link #67
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's also good to remember that you can upgrade skills. Shiroe's Thorn Bind Hostage, for example, usually has less roots, but Shiroe maxed the skill to let him throw down five. The same could apply to summons like skeletons, which really only become useful in greater numbers.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:04   Link #68
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's also good to remember that you can upgrade skills. Shiroe's Thorn Bind Hostage, for example, usually has less roots, but Shiroe maxed the skill to let him throw down five. The same could apply to summons like skeletons, which really only become useful in greater numbers.
So instead of talents, we have putting skill points into stuff. Makes sense.

I wonder what's the cost of respeccing. Sounds like a cash shop item...
Old 2013-11-10, 07:55   Link #69
tsunade666

The same in diablo. Diablo has 3 tree skill you can invest on. Though the skeleton in diablo, if I remember it right only increase HP, damage and attack rating as you increase its level though not sure. There is also skeletal mastery skills. It increase the strength of summon and not the number of summon.

Shiroe's cape is made of phantasmal ingredients to make it but not sure if its phantasmal too. Its ability is to increase skill level of astral tree line. Same in diablo where certain equipment increase level of skills when equipped.
Old 2013-11-10, 12:40   Link #70
Virotox

i have never played Diablo.
I'm using the mastermind archetype from City of Villains as a sort of reference.
Virotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 09:53   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I suppose you can summon up to 5 Skeletons, then just spam the UD related skills. After all, they are just skeletons.

If we draw from Diablo, we get: Skeletons that are summoned in groups, but you are limited to 1 group per summon. Then throw in a pack of zombie dogs, 1 Abomination, 1 group of spiders from a pot, a flying gargolye and you have a necromancer. Remember to dress in goth loli.
Zombie dogs and spider pots? You must be talking about the witch doctor in Diablo 3.

What he's talking about is the Necromancer from Diablo 2.
Old 2013-11-12, 17:03   Link #72
JediNight
キズランダム

This should be a lot of fun once the RPG books come out in February. I'm sure we can find a decent number of people interested in getting (a) game(s) going via Vent or Skype or something.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 17:37   Link #73
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not to mention having a solid, concentrated source of information is going to be invaluable for fanfiction writers.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:25   Link #74
Virotox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
This should be a lot of fun once the RPG books come out in February. I'm sure we can find a decent number of people interested in getting (a) game(s) going via Vent or Skype or something.
count me in
Virotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:44   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not to mention having a solid, concentrated source of information is going to be invaluable for fanfiction writers.
i am hoping more for a actual mmorpg,
Old 2013-11-12, 18:51   Link #76
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Holy shiv wwwwwwww
Old 2013-11-12, 20:43   Link #77
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I have to wonder about the Subclass system. Is it something you decide on at character creation, or do you need to do a quest first for it? Ditto if you want to change your subclass. Because if the latter needs for you to find a specific NPC (say you want to change from a tailor to a cook), and if said NPC lives either in the middle of nowhere, or in a hostile city (Suzukino or Minami for example), then it's going to be VERY difficult, to say the least.

And this isn't even considering if said NPC is still alive once you get there. ^^;
Old 2013-11-12, 22:46   Link #78
Xacual

I'm pretty sure it's not at character selection, it probably works like any profession or something in an mmo would. Find the npc trainer for it. I'd assume some of the rarer or more interesting subclasses are rewards from quests or events or something. Like I'd definitely expect vampire to be gotten by doing some event that involves your character getting bitten obviously.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 22:56   Link #79
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Remember, the game system was adjusted for the game, not alternate world log horizon, and back when it was still a game, there's a teleport point between each major city so it wasn't a major hassle even if yu have to talk to certain NPC if you want to change subjob. But as far as the novel story concerned, it hasn't been touched on yet.
Old 2013-11-13, 01:17   Link #80
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

Game system question

Can the trees be chopped down? If the trees can be cut down, will they respawn or will the effect be permanent?

Can you build new colonies/settlements/outposts? Can a new revive point be created?
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote