AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-09, 17:15   Link #61
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Shinji if the info provided from the articles are true (which I believe they are) Viz is making this their next big step into producing shows for non-kid demo...VIZ isn't stupid, the reason their putting it on adult swim is so they won't have to edit it...This is a DELIBERATE move...Why the hell would VIZ edit out blood and stuff when they know their putting it on an anime block where blood, sex, and over the top violence is not only accepted, but warrented?? It's not like they don't know they're putting it on adult swim...And once again they have already had a chance to test the waters with Inyasha...Swim has gotten even less strict since inuyasha first began to air 4 years ago...Swim almost can do whatever it wants at this point (VIZ KNOWS THIS)...

Did you watch that ep of Paranoia agent when the hooker-skitso is having sex on the bed with the fat-dude? Or maybe a random ep of GITSSAC when somebody gets their head chopped off (showing bloody necks) or a bullet in their brain with blood spewing everywhere?? BLEACH is not any more violent than Full Metal Alchemist (Which has exploding heads and grotesque chimeras and themes) or certain eps of GITS and EVA (Where the EVA sheds it's robot body and shows the supergrossness of it's true form)...What makes you think VIZ would edit all the stuff out that
ADULT SWIM ALLOWS?? This is just mathematics...

Like I said they'll abide by FCC standards and that's about it, so maybe you won't get to see Ichigo's a$$ (And I wouldn't mind not seeing it), but if you ever saw the ep of Boondocks where the lawyer goes to prison you'd know that adult swim shows nudity aswell (Although that was some horrible nudity :\)...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-03-09 at 20:08.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:31   Link #62
Ziv

this is so frustrating. On one hand I'ld like to buy the manga for bleach, but on the other hand, it's made by viz and I've hated all their dubs so far.

Last edited by Ziv; 2006-03-09 at 20:34.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:35   Link #63
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I have no clue if my last post posted because as usual animesuki is on the fritz and I can't even access page 4...Just wanted to add to Tarrot's point that while the FCC does have regulations (even on cable -tv and especially cartoon network, because it is cartoon anyway you slice it), swim can still basically do what it want (as long as they get their ad-dollars), but not live sex my friend ^^...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
You attack my intelligence because i said that AS doesnt air their shows in order? Well, its true. They might string a couple of shows together, but my over all point is that they did it with samurai champloo, trigun, inuyasha do i need to go on?
Lmmfao...I won't insult your intelligence any further, but I think you are confused...Once adult swim shows about half of the episodes of a new show weekly, it then puts the show on daily...So like yesterday you'll catch a new episode of Samurai Champloo followed by an older episode in the daily-timeslot...Adult Swim has never shown a series out of order when the new-episodes of the show appear on whatever night that is...So you are bit confused about this matter...
Old 2006-03-09, 17:42   Link #64
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
One Piece is a prime example, The voices are just horrible.. And thats not even taking into account the millions of horrible and pointless edits to turn a mature teen rated show into a 6 year olds show
While I must point out that the One Piece dub is a very bad example because 4Kids isn't involved here.

And you guys realize Viz is responsible for Inuyasha too, right? The show that's had blood, death, lechery, occasional nudity (though you don't see anything because the anime itself was edited from the manga, where you did), etc pretty much from day one...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2006-03-09, 17:53   Link #65
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
and if some one wants to attack my point of view at least leave your name when you leave me bad feedback. Anonymity is for cowards. You attack my intelligence because i said that AS doesnt air their shows in order? Well, its true. They might string a couple of shows together, but my over all point is that they did it with samurai champloo, trigun, inuyasha do i need to go on?
Your point is that they dont air them from start to finish in order which is true. They do not however skip episodes unless there is a good reason. (The shuttle episode airing the week of the shuttle crash.) They always go in order from the point they start at which is usually the start of the last arc.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:55   Link #66
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by [darkfire]
The Eps better stay up too. Viz is known for announce things but not doing stuff with it. Since Bleach is a Shonen Jump title. I believe Viz held the license for a long time. There was just wasnt any distributer. And they still have announced it. Unless cartoon network is going to do the production for this one. Like the did for tenshi and big O.
Viz never announces things and then sits on it. Once Viz actually does announce things is when the ball gets rolling. What happens normally is that the titles leak out months before.
Old 2006-03-09, 20:03   Link #67
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
The question is, will VIZ care that it was merely provactive flesh? I'm not gonna bet on that. They had full rear nudity in the Bankai training arc, I don't think Viz will leave that alone.
Have you ever watched some of Viz's more popular titles?

Honestly, if they won't edit the nudity out of series like Ranma and Maison Ikkoku (nearly a third of every Ranma episode features the main character running about naked, there are entire episodes without a piece of clothing to be seen, or the perpetually naked characters in Maison Ikkoku) what in the name of God makes you think they would care about 10 to 12 seconds of nudity in one Bleach episode?! I mean come on, talk about jumping the gun. I cannot think of, off the top of my head, ANY Viz title that has ever been edited by someone other than the broadcaster.
Old 2006-03-09, 20:13   Link #68
KanaKaishou

/me cries...NOOOOOOO!
Old 2006-03-09, 20:44   Link #69
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So Viz has Bleach as well? Hmm, I guess that's not very surprising since they got Naruto
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-03-10, 00:13   Link #70
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

As for violence and blood editing, I assume something like Kill Bill Vol. 1 would get the chopping block if an anime version of it was airing on [as]. As for other titles, I don't think blood editing will be an issue. I heard from a friend who works closely with a TV network that only things like bullet impacts and head shots would get editing on an animated show with heavy violence. With nudity, that might get edited out of the broadcast, but there's a chance that it won't. My estimation is that the only thing that might get editing is the language, but in my opinion the foul language used in Bleach is no worse than Samurai Champloo, and that seems to have gone fairly uncut on [as].

Shinji I am willing to bet you, here and now, that Viz won't edit anything out of Bleach on their DVD. From your comments I think you are jumping to conclusions here. By comparison, Inuyasha and Bleach have a lot of similarities and Inuyasha has received a completely uncut release.

About the dub, if they are shopping it to an older audience then I think they will go about it a little more professionally. There are a lot of good dubs right now, in fact of every series I am watching that's licensed right now, I can't count the number of bad dubs on my left hand. Based on that news posting, Viz is taking a good attitude going into their work on Bleach and I expect good things. Their manga has an awesome translation, and I hope that carries over to the anime.
Old 2006-03-10, 01:02   Link #71
SeekAndDestroy

Well I can't say I'm not sad that it got licensed... but then again we all knew it was gonna happen... i've been sweating cold during the last few anime and comic fairs hopping that bleach wouldn't end up being licensed... but as it seems, it was because it was all along..

well i guess i'm gonna start watching bleach from the begining and hope it doesn't take CN two years to catch up episodes..... on a side note if the dubs are good (please oh please let them be) and the editing is minimal (which there is no reason why it wouldn't be) lets at least support Bleach (not to mention CN's efforts to bring over some good anime) by watching the show and giving it some good ratings; after all that's the only way we can help them bring more anime over.
Old 2006-03-10, 02:05   Link #72
bastard-sama
The Bastard

Well this is interesting news if its true which is most likely viz wont say anything but if it isnt then whatever
Old 2006-03-10, 09:03   Link #73
Rowan

It's been said before, and I'll say it again, at least 4Kids didn't get it. I don't know if they even went after it, but at least a decent studio got it. My main dissapointment is that I'll have to stop watching the good subs while I'm still enjoying the series.

I'll probably watch it on [AS] when it's on. If Ocean Group does the voicing, I'm sure it'll be decent.

I'm actually a tiny bit disappointed that Funimation didn't get it. Their work on Fullmetal was pretty good, so I was interested to see what they'd do with Bleach. Maybe they're too busy with Negima.

And the sword IS pronounced zan-get-su. Listen to Ichigo sometime.

R
Old 2006-03-10, 09:48   Link #74
LytHka
Banned

You guys should all stop with the whining and AnimeSuki should remove it from their site. You all know where to get all future episodes ([AS], possible DVDs, other sources), why even make a debate of it? And you can skip speculations of the U.S.' release quality (it's like speculating whether Yama-jii is stronger than Ichigo <- pointless) since you'll be able to see it in a year or so.
Old 2006-03-10, 14:37   Link #75
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

i had never noticed that the bleach manga had been lisenced by Viz until i search this copy I have of Bleach V1, and theere it is VIZ.......
Old 2006-03-10, 15:30   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm not going to debate about editing or non-editing since in the end all I care about is that Lunar will have to stop subbing Bleach eventually *sob*, but a few final comments:

Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku never aired on a public TV station, so they're not good examples. (I use "public TV station" here as meaning a station that comes with the standard cable/satellite TV package)

Inuyasha didn't have as much stuff to potentially have to edit out as Bleach.

I never said a word about whether or not the DVDs would be edited. I've been talking about the TV aired version.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:08   Link #77
Rowan

Quote:

I never said a word about whether or not the DVDs would be edited. I've been talking about the TV aired version.
Eh. That's debateable. Bleach might be a little bloodier, but not much more graphic in terms of gore, and I think less in terms of nudity/fanservice/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. We've never seen Orihime in the bath, at any rate, and Chad never gropes anyone.

I just don't want to have to wait a year before catching back up to stuff, that's my only gripe.

Here's a question: Now that we know who's got Bleach, who do you suppose they'll get for voices? If we look back at Viz's history, they've got their ups and downs. Here's hoping for an "up" on Bleach, but I don't know who they'll select.

R.
Old 2006-03-10, 16:15   Link #78
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Eh. That's debateable. Bleach might be a little bloodier, but not much more graphic in terms of gore, and I think less in terms of nudity/fanservice/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. We've never seen Orihime in the bath, at any rate, and Chad never gropes anyone.

I just don't want to have to wait a year before catching back up to stuff, that's my only gripe.

Here's a question: Now that we know who's got Bleach, who do you suppose they'll get for voices? If we look back at Viz's history, they've got their ups and downs. Here's hoping for an "up" on Bleach, but I don't know who they'll select.

R.
The Naruto dub has voices from a few different studios if I recall correctly, and despite all of the dub hating, which is probably 99% bickering loser fanboys, I heard it's decent. Haven't heard it myself though because it's not on [as] and that's about all I watch on CN. But it's on the to-do list.

I'd really like to see Animaze dub this (GITS SAC, Cowboy Bebop) because I think Steve Blum would be a knockout as Kisuke Urahara (whoever suggested Johnny Yong Bosch in the other thread, yeah, um, only if you want Kisuke to have a pre-pubescent voice would you want JYB voicing him). Animaze has had several productions where the dub, in my opinion, has one-upped the original version by a long shot. So I really hope they get it. Viz has a track record of going with Ocean Studios, and that's what could possibly give Bleach a bad dub. But in Ocean's case I could see them casting Brian Drummond as Kisuke, which wouldn't be bad, but Steve Blum is *the* man for the role. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old 2006-03-10, 17:09   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I'm not going to debate about editing or non-editing since in the end all I care about is that Lunar will have to stop subbing Bleach eventually *sob*, but a few final comments:

Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku never aired on a public TV station, so they're not good examples. (I use "public TV station" here as meaning a station that comes with the standard cable/satellite TV package)

Ugh I swear this is like beating a cat with a ball of yarn...Your being extremely stubborn right now and it's effected your debating this issue...

Quote:
Do you watch Inuyasha?? I don't think you do...Cause if ya did you'd see that it has more objectionable material than BLEACH..What the hell does BLEACH have besides blood?? Yoruichi scenes will not be edited, other than that all you have is some blood scenes...Inuyasha has blood, it has sexually suggestive material (Not to mention Miroku feelings a$$ess and and trying to get every women pregnant)...it has gore (in the form of Naraku's body and his incarnations, also $hit like Kouga getting shards ripped outta his flesh, Sesshomaru getting his eye gouged out with a sword tip //arm sliced off)...Hell Inuyasha has sliced atleast 10 demon characters heads off (How many has Ichigo done?)...You think Kenpachi getting his nose slashed or Ichigo coughing up blood can compare with this?

And lets not even talk about Fullmetal Alchemist that's has scenes 10x grosser than anything Bleach has ever shown...

You're actually making me think hard on what possible scenes in BLEACH wouldn't be shown on [adult swim] and I'm drawing a blank....You've so far said some blood scenes, Yoruichi naked, and Ichigo's a$$...What else ya got?? The only thing that will be edited no doubt is if VIZ decides to use F-words on the uncut...You can't come up with 5 things in BLEACH more objectionable than Inuyasha (or any other [as] show I've mentioned...Please try)

I've agreed with you in many cases on many different things, in many different threads, but this time you lose...If the TV aired version is treated anywhere close to Inuyasha you have nothing to worry about (Other than your personal opinion on the VA's)...your just being stubborn man...
Old 2006-03-10, 20:17   Link #80
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
THERE IS NO POINT IN ARGUING THIS!

Look, as much as we all love the subbed versions, if this is picked up, it is picked up! Arguing about it will NOT change anyone's mind. It will also not change whether or not it is properly made. All we can do is wait, hope, and if it is good, give it all the support we can.

That being said, I am a bit nervous about dubbing. Editing will be fine, Adult Swim is really lenient, but it's difficult to translate the voices properly between people of different languages and cultures. In actuality, however, there are more recent examples of well (or at least decent) dubs. There are exceptions, but most newer anime on AS and other networks have been pretty good.

So, lets quit this dumbassed bickering and just accept it. Hell, be excited! They may even make some parts of the show a little better, because the joke wont require a paragraph explanation at the top of the screen.
Closed Thread