Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-06-02, 05:11   Link #61
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Impressions:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 09:26   Link #62
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I don't know man, I cringed a bit when Diana just got into London.. but I guess that's to be expected from someone as backwater as her Also the movie is pretty darn good which was honestly a surprise. It managed to show what simple message they want to convey from the film while also gives pretty great action scene while on it.

I feel like the human side war isn't shown enough though..much of it was just Diana carrying the war and decimating everyone

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 17:23   Link #63
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

So it was confirmed that the canon ending created by BvS, that of Diana abandoning humanity for 100 years, was removed entirely after test audiences hated it.

So now what"? Is BvS being retconned? Is superheroes accepted now, or are they still suppose to be hated? Current Diana basically have nothing to be inspired by Superman because she is already better than Superman.
Old 2017-06-02, 17:48   Link #64
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Current Diana basically have nothing to be inspired by Superman because she is already better than Superman.
This is way too true. Diana in this movie is a more compassionate and noble hero than Snyder's Superman is. While it speaks well for how they portrayed Diana, unfortunately it brings back just how much they botched Superman's characterization.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2017-06-02, 20:08   Link #65
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty sure I know where they're going with Supes in a few movies here, based on a few iterations I've read before. Although they should've waited to do it until further into the movies to do it, and started off with the typical characterization for him. Otherwise it doesn't make me feel bad about where he's gone because I barely know the guy.

Anyways, I liked the movie. It proved true to Warner Bros'/Geoff John's words that each movie will have different tones. This was precisely what this needed. Now I just need my buddy cop Cyborg/Flash movie.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 21:16   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Watched a couple of reviews, particular Angry Joe's, and one of the things he said articulates quite well about why this movie succeeds where Man of Steel and Batman v Superman failes: Wonder Woman is inspiring.

Spoiler for scene:

Old 2017-06-03, 02:03   Link #67
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Anyways, I liked the movie. It proved true to Warner Bros'/Geoff John's words that each movie will have different tones. This was precisely what this needed. Now I just need my buddy cop Cyborg/Flash movie.
Problem is, make of those times (like the one used for the latter half of MoS and for BvS) isn't one that people want to see for any of the core superheroes...at least early on. You have to work your way up (or arguably down, depending on execution) to grimdark, unless you're dealing with a character with an element of horror, like with some of the JL Dark members.

And no, Batman does not have an element of horror. He scares bad guys, not the audience.
Old 2017-06-03, 10:58   Link #68
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Problem is, make of those times (like the one used for the latter half of MoS and for BvS) isn't one that people want to see for any of the core superheroes...at least early on. You have to work your way up (or arguably down, depending on execution) to grimdark, unless you're dealing with a character with an element of horror, like with some of the JL Dark members.

And no, Batman does not have an element of horror. He scares bad guys, not the audience.
Yeah, you're right. You can do a dark Batman movie though without it being overboard or straight up horror. That's where DC's start has been weird, because it's working backwards it seems. Although with the way its been set up, it seems more likely that a flashback movie would be the darkest for the likes of him.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 18:19   Link #69
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So it was confirmed that the canon ending created by BvS, that of Diana abandoning humanity for 100 years, was removed entirely after test audiences hated it.
I haven't seen BvS, but given what I've seen in terms of the ending of the Wonder Woman, my interpretation is that
Spoiler for Wonder Woman:
Old 2017-06-04, 02:24   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say...this was easily the best DC-verse movie to date. That was actually really good and an entertaining movie. They made Wonder Woman work and not make her an unlikable source of depression like Superman has been.

Spoiler for Movie Thoughts:

Just a really solid and enjoyable movie. This movie certainly gives me hope for the DC films. They can do it right.
Old 2017-06-05, 20:12   Link #71
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

solid movie. third act was messy, but i enjoyed the other two thirds greatly. Gal's chemistry with Chris was outstanding.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 23:39   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Just got back from seeing it. Easily the best of the DCEU movies, by a long shot. Gal Gadot was mesmerizing, which is nothing new, but her acting was pretty good in this as well, and she convinced me she could be right for the role. And of course Chris Pine was Chris Pine. Always good.

There's one thing this movie had that neither of the previous did, at all, and that was hope. Even in the midst of all the sorrows of this story and the horrors of war (which, gladly, they did gloss over a bit, because if you thought war was nasty in WWII...), there's still a strong feeling that things will get better at the end of this, when neither of the previous movies suggested things even could get better.
Old 2017-06-07, 07:57   Link #73
zztop

No Amazons knew that Hestia actually made the Lasso of Truth to compel the young adventurer Bell Cranel to admit if he was truly in love in her, but gave it up after realizing she preferred to hear him say it out of his own free will.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote