AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-02, 18:10   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This new case is looking pretty interesting. Aya competing with Sherlock and the insurance company vs Arsène Lupin and the Phantom of the Opera vs Moriarty and his minions. And there's obviously going to be a werewolf in there given the diamond's lore.
Old 2023-08-02, 19:15   Link #62
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

All the overabundance of security makes me think that the client wants the diamond to be stolen. When you hire the best detectives in London and Japan, plus dozens of guards, plus various special characters with crazy overpowered reputations... maybe you're angling for the insurance money when you, yourself walk off with the priceless gem and hand it to the master thief?

That would certainly give us our farce of the arc...
Old 2023-08-02, 20:47   Link #63
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well there in London now with a whole host of characters Phantom and Lupin in one corner Sherlock in another one and Moriarty gang in the last But got to like how Sherlock and Tsugaru meet each other in the back of a paddy wagon
Old 2023-08-02, 21:34   Link #64
grecefar

Love that all those historic figures are all together in one place, this is looking to be a great arc.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 03:09   Link #65
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

So they skipped a case to give more room to the diamond cadse? Fair. The diamond case certainly is more exciting.
But they cut some of the bickering between Aya and Holmes that are pretty comical.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 11:39   Link #66
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
All the overabundance of security makes me think that the client wants the diamond to be stolen.
Didn't stop Nijuu Mensou.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-03, 11:58   Link #67
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Love that all those historic figures are all together in one place, this is looking to be a great arc.
historic figures.
The creation of Holmes and Watson are based on real historical people nevertheless.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-04, 09:41   Link #68
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Didn't stop Nijuu Mensou.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Surprised someone remembers that series.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 16:58   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, Lupin is definitely very talented. I'm surprised Sherlock fell for such an obvious trick though... Lupin said he planted two "seeds", one of them being the implication he would go after the lock when he had no intention to, and the other is probably him making a mistake with the nails on purpose to make him think his disguises aren't perfect. My guess is that he's one of the men inside the vault. I'm going to go with Watson because he's the person Sherlock trusts the most.
Old 2023-08-09, 18:34   Link #70
grecefar

they were too worry about the time, like if lupin didn't steal it at 11 they would've won.

if lupin steals it in the end the time doesn't matter, unless it matters to lupin.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 20:49   Link #71
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well kind of knew that would happen with 2 bird cages but on different benches but at less when that happens they got to meet Lupin in an interesting way

Well Aya got a lot of blood for just a head
Old 2023-08-10, 12:42   Link #72
HandofFate

laughed at Aya's reaction when the twin thieves went to grab her. good ideas for an h-doujin.
Old 2023-08-10, 15:15   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think it's unfair to blame Tsugaru for the cage mishap. He didn't leave Aya alone, the maid did.

I wonder why this case is a farce. Is the diamond long gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
they were too worry about the time, like if lupin didn't steal it at 11 they would've won.

if lupin steals it in the end the time doesn't matter, unless it matters to lupin.

That's what Sherlock implied with his talk of gentlemen.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 18:46   Link #74
AC-Phoenix
Detective

My mindset during the first three episodes:

EP 1: Hmm M... Isn't that how Moriarty shortens himself... Nah this is Japan.
EP2 "Holmes is a weirdo, I hope to never meet him" - She is definitely going to meet him
EP 3 "He calls himself Professor" Yeah, definitely going to meet Holmes, and it's Moriarity after all.

:Heh:

Edit:
And apparently, even mr Fogg has a place in this story. Is it before or after his adventures, I wonder.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 19:14   Link #75
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
My mindset during the first three episodes:

EP 1: Hmm M... Isn't that how Moriarty shortens himself... Nah this is Japan.
EP2 "Holmes is a weirdo, I hope to never meet him" - She is definitely going to meet him
EP 3 "He calls himself Professor" Yeah, definitely going to meet Holmes, and it's Moriarity after all.

:Heh:

Edit:
And apparently, even mr Fogg has a place in this story. Is it before or after his adventures, I wonder.
It is clearly after. But shouldn't he be married?
Old 2023-08-14, 06:16   Link #76
kuroyanagi

I'm enjoying watching this, but also my mind has been wandering off the past few episodes. I would have liked Aya, Tsugaru and Shizuku take on one or two more small cases like the vampire one before moving onto the big plot. The banter between the three and the theatricalness of their interactions have been a big draw for me, but now they've been mostly overshadowed by the extravaganza of literary juggernauts duking it out. There's a bunch of other anime and manga and games you could watch to get your fix of hot anime Sherlock if you wanted to, but stuff like the wicked kiss with a severed head from ep1 is much more scarce and striking. I hope our main chars get a bit more of the spotlight in the future episodes.
Old 2023-08-15, 01:03   Link #77
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It is clearly after. But shouldn't he be married?
I literally wrote this right after hearing his name .
And maybe his wife died.

Sadly, they made Holmes dumber to make Rin look smarter. Unless holmes actually knew this would happen.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 06:22   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I literally wrote this right after hearing his name .
And maybe his wife died.

Sadly, they made Holmes dumber to make Rin look smarter. Unless holmes actually knew this would happen.
We'll have to wait and see for Holmes, but I'm also afraid the author took the most legendary detective of all time and made him dumber just to make his own detective look smarter, which would be very cheap.
Old 2023-08-15, 06:34   Link #79
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

During their first encounter Holmes outsmarted Aya, though. So who knows.
Old 2023-08-16, 16:52   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the author did alright by Holmes. He made up for his mistake last week by managing to unmask Lupin and had a (very simple) contingency in place in case the box was stolen. Too bad he gave the game away too soon, but pride and arrogance are part of Holmes' character.

Aya used the same trick as in the Goemon inspired Rakugo story and put herself inside the box that was to be stolen. I understood as Tsugaru was telling the story, but I wouldn't have been able to predict it last week. Or the week before that when she first mentioned Goemon.

Things got heated as Moriarty and his henchmen crashed the party. We have Shizuku vs Carmilla, Holmes vs Crowley, Doubledarts vs Phantom, and finally Lupin, Royce guy, and Tsugaru are fighting each other for the diamond. No doubt Jack will end up fighting Tsugaru, it's even in the OP.