AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-23, 13:53   Link #61
Frontier

Is there anything cuter than Katase singing the Meowtaro theme song? How about her still singing it even when Shinozaki catches her? And then making her join him ?

Shinozaki is feeling the pressure to win the new hire competition, but at least he's got Katase supporting him! Kurusu is similarly feeling pressure, even moreso because she wants to make Takatsuka proud and live up to her expectations, but it gets so hard she even cries! But Shinozaki is kind enough to send Katase her way .

Jeez, Kurusu, I get you're in different departments but you don't need to bare your fangs like that! But at least the two end up bonding over their shared love of Meowtaro, and Katase helps Kurusu realize she can be honest about her shortcomings even to her boss, which helps Takatsuka realize she'd been putting too much on Kurusu. Glad they were able to work all that out .

Thanks for the Meowtaro costume Hayakawa! Almost outed yourself as a cosplayer though. Also poor Katase was the only one who didn't know about the whole "manager transfer" deal .

It's cute how Kurusu thanked Shinozaki but also still challenged him as a rival .

Meowtaro with the skateboard! Those are some great moves! Meanwhile Katase is jealous and thinking of murder when all the female co-workers start gushing about Shinozaki in that costume and getting a little too close. Katase can't even follow her own logic for why they should stay away from her man !

Poor Katase. She wanted a big Shinozaki Meowtaro hug too...but it was the manager all along! I guess that explains the smooth moves .

Well, Shinozaki and Kurusu end up tying and not winning the whole thing (so much for Okinawa), but Kurusu takes losing really hard. Good thing Takatsuka is there to support her and realize that she didn't need Akina, all she really needed was the beloved subordinates she had along the way .

Yamagishi won!? The guy who didn't even want to do it!? What was his pitch !?

Yamagishi catching Kurusu using her rural accent! And actually complimenting her on it! They sure do tease each other, but now these two are a certifiable ship .
Old 2023-09-30, 13:54   Link #62
Frontier

Tipsy Katase proposing something naughty? Seems like she has a surprisingly sexy side...though really she just has a hankering for ramen. Though she might very well be much more horny than she lets on .

The manager is just not good for Hayakawa's heart! Even Katase is teasing the two for how close they are, though it's easy to turn the tables when it comes to her and Shinozaki .

Yamagishi is back from Okinawa! With a tan! Which is great because now he's not stuck with a bunch of people who ward off women with their couple status or flirt incessantly like Masa and Yuri. Masa straight up using his PTO just to follow Yuri to Okinawa is couple goals .

Oh yeah, Aiko was trying to get input on her Meowtaro VN in episode 1, huh? And they got Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as human Meowtaro!? Wow. Although I love how Kurusu shows up and is utterly repulsed by Meowtaro not being a cat and thinks it's a betrayal of the property. Then it becomes old school fan vs new school fan between her and Aiko .

Who would have thought Meowtar kouhai-zoning his love interest would be enough to get Katase and Shinozaki to realize that Katase co-worker-zoning him is equivalent to a rejection? When she didn't even intend for it to be .

So all that build up of 12 episodes...for them to want to be friends. Even though they've basically just been friends as co-workers the whole time. All the stuff they talk about doing as friends sounds more like couple stuff than stuff actual opposite sex friends do. Even afterwards they're all giddy at being friends only to realize nothing has actually changed in their relationship. What dorks .

At this point they're just basically looking for an excuse to do something together, and an amusement park trip during Golden Week sounds perfect. Or at least it would if not for the fact that they're viewing it as a couple thing rather than just a proper friend get together like Aiko and her high school gal pal. Though at least Shinozaki worked up enough courage to ask Katase out for a private amusement park fun just for the two of them !

Kurusu seemed genuinely bummed she couldn't go to the amusement park with Yamagishi...but bro just wanted to give Shinozaki a chance .

Could this show really end without Yutaka weighing in on how her brother is totally going on a date with Shiorin ?

I didn't realize we'd never seen Katase in pants until Shinozaki brought it up. She even did up her hair! This is so totally a date !

I love how Yutaka and the manager teamed-up to follow them on their amusement park date and have fun the whole time. They even roped in poor Hayakawa! Though what better way to cap off a date than with a couple selfie ?
Old 2023-09-30, 15:22   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 02:54   Link #64
Lex79

Well, the positive is that they managed to clear the misunderstanding and undo senpai's rejection. The negative is that they are still only at the stage of being friends, despite being clear to anyone watching that them getting together is only a matter of when, not if.
Old 2023-10-01, 06:00   Link #65
Alchemist007
*Author

Hamstrung by the usual romcom writing but enough com and funny faces to give it the bump up.

8/10
Old 2023-10-01, 14:21   Link #66
GDB

I loved the part where the narration box said "These two are both lewd." Yeah, I know, I've read the sequel series. Lewd doesn't even begin to describe them.

Also loved that the friend realized what was happening with the two of them and noped out so they could be alone together. Total bro move.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 15:06   Link #67
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 08:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-01, 17:39   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I didn't know Katase wore such sexy underwear !
Old 2023-10-01, 18:04   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm with Kurusu on this one. The approach of angering existing fans to chase a theoretical "new and bigger fanbase" is a great way to kill off your brand. Expanding the fanbase is fine, but if you aren't doing it well then it's a disaster in the making. Respect the people that got your brand to what it is!

I'm not upset about any existing franchises messing up that way!

Also I do think that game will be a flop. Doesn't seem like there's multiple love interests and honestly that humanoid Meowtaro looks iffy. Not sure who the market is there. Someone that likes Meowtaro enough to bother with a otome dating game but not enough to care that it looks nothing like the character? Yeah...I'm sure that'll do well.

Shinozaki should also apologize to Hayakawa. Never had a female friend? Excuse me!?

Those two really are lewd to the max. No wonder the lack of advancement after moving to "friendship" has left them both frustrated.

Ouch poor Hayakawa. Probably thought for a moment that she'd get a date with the Manager at the Amusement Park...but then came in Shinozaki's sister . At least the group got to enjoy messing with Shinozaki and Katase.

End of the show was alright. Definitely felt like a "I wish there was something more here" ending, but it was ok. Adapting an ongoing story goes that way after all.

Also Katase is a couple episodes late to figuring out that she rejected Shinozaki. What did she think that was!?
Old 2023-10-01, 23:38   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm with Kurusu on this one. The approach of angering existing fans to chase a theoretical "new and bigger fanbase" is a great way to kill off your brand. Expanding the fanbase is fine, but if you aren't doing it well then it's a disaster in the making. Respect the people that got your brand to what it is!

I'm not upset about any existing franchises messing up that way!

Also I do think that game will be a flop. Doesn't seem like there's multiple love interests and honestly that humanoid Meowtaro looks iffy. Not sure who the market is there. Someone that likes Meowtaro enough to bother with a otome dating game but not enough to care that it looks nothing like the character? Yeah...I'm sure that'll do well.

Shinozaki should also apologize to Hayakawa. Never had a female friend? Excuse me!?

Those two really are lewd to the max. No wonder the lack of advancement after moving to "friendship" has left them both frustrated.

Ouch poor Hayakawa. Probably thought for a moment that she'd get a date with the Manager at the Amusement Park...but then came in Shinozaki's sister . At least the group got to enjoy messing with Shinozaki and Katase.

End of the show was alright. Definitely felt like a "I wish there was something more here" ending, but it was ok. Adapting an ongoing story goes that way after all.

Also Katase is a couple episodes late to figuring out that she rejected Shinozaki. What did she think that was!?
I guess childhood friends don't count. Not like Shinozaki and Hayakawa act like they're that close .