AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-04, 11:31   Link #61
Frontier

OP subs! I'm surprised they didn't sub the ED though...either way, whatever you can say about the OP (or it's animation) the lyrics really fit this series .

Okay, so these two are spending New Years' together, sitting on a sofa together and wishing each other a Happy New Year, and wishing for their relationship to continue into next year...all the while Mahiru falls asleep on his shoulder. JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY !

Mahiru spends a surprising amount of time on Amane's bed for someone who isn't his (official) girlfriend. Also her sleeping face is too cute for words, and her cheeks are too irresistible for Amane to not touch. Also, when he asked if she was upset he didn't make a move, she was obviously embarrassed but didn't give a hard no !

Makoto Furukawa as Amane's dad! He basically looks like a more older, put-together, Amane, and he feels more low-key and casual than his wife but he totally sees what's going on between these two. It felt like a girlfriend meeting her boyfriends' parents. Heck, Shihoko and Shuto being such adorable married lovebirds is probably a glimpse into the future for Mahiru and Amane .

Shihoko wastes no time dressing up Mahiru as her future daughter-in-law. And admittedly she is quite stunning in that kimono (but no full body panning shot? For shame), and Amane looks pretty snazzy when he dresses up as well. They make quite the handsome couple, something other people notice, and even when they compliment each other like two awkward teenagers in love. You love to see it !

Look at Mahiru listing all of Amane's good points! She can barely help herself and keep her composure around him as their relationship developes .

People are starting to think Mahiru has a boyfriend...and to be honest, why wouldn't they? Even if they don't know how their relationship seems even more boyfriend/girlfriend at first glance. Mahiru also doesn't seem to completely mind the idea that they look like a couple, and gives an impassioned speech about how great Amane is when he puts himself down. These two have it so bad for each other. I can't get enough of embarrassed and in love Mahiru !
Old 2023-02-04, 13:44   Link #62
grecefar

Now that they are developing the romance this chapter felt awkward to me. I was watching them checking every typical cliche scene they could in one chapter.

It was kind of boring too, cute as always but boring.

Last edited by grecefar; 2023-02-04 at 17:09.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 14:24   Link #63
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I'm really not fond of the "can't/won't be able to control myself" trope but Amane apparently can't actually control himself when it comes to cheek pokes and headpats.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 15:11   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm really not fond of the "can't/won't be able to control myself" trope but Amane apparently can't actually control himself when it comes to cheek pokes and headpats.
Yeah, poking her cheeks is one thing but the implication of assaulting her was...not needed.
Old 2023-02-05, 02:31   Link #65
Lex79

We are at the point where Shiina is jealous that Amane had an indirect kiss with another girl...I'd be disappointed if we don't get a confession in the last episodes.
Old 2023-02-05, 22:38   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
We're getting to the point that it should be less about waiting for a confession and more waiting for a marriage proposal. These two really are pushing it as far as they possibly can without someone confessing.

Makes sense that Amane has some kind of troubled past. Living by himself for a reason. And if both of them have personal drama then that just adds more spice to things. Eventually they'll (I hope) have to start dating and those personal issues will keep the drama alive past that point.
Old 2023-02-11, 11:33   Link #67
Frontier

It's almost Valentine's Day, a holy and sacred day for high school boys, though Amane doesn't treat it like it's a big deal...and Chitose already knows he's basically set thanks to his live-in-wife .

It's not that Amane isn't tempted to make a move on Mahiru (and he already has in his own way), he just really doesn't want to make her uncomfortable or do something that would hurt her. He's a very respectable boy, which even Chitose can acknowledge. Yet that doesn't diminish the intimacy between him and Mahiru one bit .

It's tough being popular when girls are constantly giving you honmei chocolate and most of the guys in class hate your guts, but at least Amane was nice to Kadowaki. That's probably not something he's used to from a fellow guy. Maybe they could become friends ?

Ah, I see Chitose chose Russian Chocolate for Amane. She likes people to live dangerously. Well, that and she knew Amane had chocolate from Mahiru waiting for him .

Not only hot chocolate but Mahiru even went out of her way to give him Orangette's knowing a traditional Valentine's Sweet might not be for him! Ah, jeez...this is too sweet for words .

So Chitose and Itsuki have been together since middle school and Itsuki fully intends to marry her, assuming his father approves, which hasn't been easy because he doesn't accept Chitose. Seems like their relationship has more going on than I would've expected at first glance .

Just look at how much love for Amane is overflowing in Mahiru! She gets so embarrassed and red as a tomato around him, and quick to talk about how much he's done for her, and everything he's given her is treated as something precious and important...she's so, so in love even if she won't admit it quite yet. But when you get mad a guy didn't tell you his birthday and that you want to celebrate said birthday together, or pouting that he doesn't think you like him, you know you've got it bad .

Dang, Amane got all dolled up for White Day! Mahiru can barely take her eyes off of him because of how good looking he is to her! Not to mention how intimate him putting the bracelet on her wrist was. They are like 99% a couple at this point minus the fact that they haven't admitted to the obvious feelings they have for each other. But Amane just can't resist that beautiful, beaming, smile that Mahiru reserves only for him .

"She looks like a young wife!" because that's basically been what she has been for you for months, dude! And you're the only boy she feels comfortable touching her! And it looks like Amane can barely hold himself back any more !

ED subs! Nice .

Next time...a crying Mahiru? Oh no !
Old 2023-02-11, 14:14   Link #68
Lex79

I sense some incoming drama if popular guy makes a move on Shiina and Amane tries to distance himself from her because he thinks the ikemen is a better match.
I tsuki is giving good advices. Just admit you're in love with the girl and don't blindly assume what she thinks if you. Of course, actually following such advices is easier said than done.

Last edited by Lex79; 2023-02-11 at 14:37.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-11, 18:03   Link #69
grecefar

I sense more that the ikemen is into amane instead of being a rival for shiina's affection.
Old 2023-02-11, 22:15   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

That would certainly be a twist.
Old 2023-02-12, 03:46   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Do they still use plastic bags in Japan? I have some, but they're like 20 years old...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 08:47   Link #72
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I sense more that the ikemen is into amane instead of being a rival for shiina's affection.
That was my vibe too.

But yeah, they're basically married at this point so he's barking up the wrong tree there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 09:28   Link #73
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
On the same fence about the popular guy. They all but verbally told the viewers that he was gonna throw all of that chocolate out. And usually stories will do this[annoying] thing where they will have the most popular guy and popular girl talk while the class acknowledges that they talk ("oh em gee, x is talking to y, for reals; x(or y) never does that D0=; they look so good together, etc."), and that hasn't happened at all so far between popular guy and Mahiru(that i can remember) so, that leads me to that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Chitose and Itsuki have been together since middle school and Itsuki fully intends to marry her, assuming his father approves, which hasn't been easy because he doesn't accept Chitose. Seems like their relationship has more going on than I would've expected at first glance .
I was kinda surprised about this myself. My guess is that Itsuki is heir to a large corp his dad owns or something(its my headcanon for now) and that Chitose is "unsuitable" as a partner for marriage. Feels like there's a story in that itself that I wish they could explore(not right now, but by the end), since seeing Itsuki sincerely and confidently tell such a strict father about a girl he intends to marry(one which the father doesn't approve of) feels quite a ways outside of his normal character shown so far. I think of Itsuki as real lighthearted, easygoing, and never serious.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 09:45   Link #74
Lex79

Yeah, I also thinks that Itsuki comes from a rich and powerful family and his father doesn't want him to date a "commoner". I wouldn't be surprised if he gets involved in an arranged marriage arc later.
Regarding the ikemen, I can see why people have the impression he's more into Amane than into girls. My personal theory is that he was uninterested in the chocolate because he had a crush on Shiina and she didn't give him any. We'll see if he's going to have a bigger role in the next episodes and if more about him will be revealed.
Old 2023-02-12, 11:38   Link #75
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Do they still use plastic bags in Japan? I have some, but they're like 20 years old...
Yeah, they just cost a few yen depending on size (I think the cheapest are 3-5 yen, the large ones are a good bit more).

Well, normal plastic bags, at least. I can't imagine holding them 20 days, let alone 20 years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 12:16   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That was my vibe too.

But yeah, they're basically married at this point so he's barking up the wrong tree there.
I got the impression he wanted a guy friend (and to escape his own fangirls) rather than a boyfriend, but maybe that wouldn't generate enough drama.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-12, 13:04   Link #77
Frontier

Quote:
I got the impression he wanted a guy friend (and to escape his own fangirls) rather than a boyfriend, but maybe that wouldn't generate enough drama.
My impression was definitely that he's uncomfortable with the situation where he's flocked by girls and guys avoid him out of jealousy .
Old 2023-02-12, 13:26   Link #78
grecefar

True, that-s a thing with ikemen guys without a girlfriend as we saw everyone was jelous of him besides itsuki and amane, since both already have a girl.

I should be hard to find a guy friend and even more after that with all those girls giving him chocolate and even yelling that was honmei.
Old 2023-02-12, 19:43   Link #79
Wandering Soul

Quote:
That was my impression as well.
Old 2023-02-12, 21:49   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I know it is said every episode but...this has to be the breaking point right!? There's only so much room left for these feelings to grow before someone has a heart attack . At least Amane is fully appreciating how Mahiru is basically a young wife at this point. Both sides are practically telegraphing their feelings but aren't ready to make a move.

Will admit to being fully surprised by the serious discussion over Itsuki's relationship with Chitose. Normally I wouldn't expect that pair to have much going on. But things are legitimately serious. He is absolutely serious about Chitose to the point of being in honest conflict with his father over it. Must be from a pretty well-off family for his father to care that much about who his son is dating. I guess if Itsuki was up front about intending to marry Chitose down the road then even just dating would be creating conflict. Props to him though. Sounds like a tall order to get his father to accept, but seems like he's dedicated to that fight.