AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 11 61.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-12, 01:22   Link #61
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Nork22, playmaker2k, and Requiem-x - Yeah, you guys are probably right.

I'm mainly speculating that Season 1's ending might surprise us, since big Love Live victories could be reserved for future seasons. Winning regionals would probably be a good enough way to cap off Season 1, but I could also imagine them going with a different final note for this season.

But I have no hard, set ideas here. In fact, I'm trying to take a "no expectations" approach to the final two episodes of Season 1.
Old 2016-09-12, 01:25   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
@Nork22, playmaker2k, and Requiem-x - Yeah, you guys are probably right.

I'm mainly speculating that Season 1's ending might surprise us, since big Love Live victories could be reserved for future seasons. Winning regionals would probably be a good enough way to cap off Season 1, but I could also imagine them going with a different final note for this season.

But I have no hard, set ideas here. In fact, I'm trying to take a "no expectations" approach to the final two episodes of Season 1.
Low hopes or just want to be surprised? I don't think Muse will pop up in the end, I'm afraid.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 01:41   Link #63
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Low hopes or just want to be surprised? I don't think Muse will pop up in the end, I'm afraid.
It's just that I can imagine a few different ways for Sunshine Season 1 to end. Two of them are probably too good to be true, so I intend to keep them to myself unless one of them actually happens. But even aside from those two, I'm not entirely confident on how Season 1 will end. So I'm trying to stay open-minded here, basically. I know what I don't want - a rushed total Love Live victory - So I'll probably be at least content with anything else.

Maybe best "not dreaming in the clouds" ending - Aqours wins regionals, are celebrating, are congratulated/challenged by Saint Snow, and we get a bit of a cool lead-in for next season even in the midst of a moment of victory with good closure for Season 1.
Old 2016-09-12, 06:16   Link #64
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
There's only 2 episodes left, at least in this season of Sunshine.
Damn that's what I get for relying on MALu to automatically update episodes
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 06:47   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Maybe best "not dreaming in the clouds" ending - Aqours wins regionals, are celebrating, are congratulated/challenged by Saint Snow, and we get a bit of a cool lead-in for next season even in the midst of a moment of victory with good closure for Season 1.
I don't know if Aqours will win the preliminaries on the next episode as I'm scared that they'll fail! Same goes for Riko Sakurauchi.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 09:23   Link #66
Seihai
スマイリウム

This just occured to me, but even if they pass the prelims, are they allowed to change their formation (member count) down the road? What if not? Maybe it will lead to a situation where they aren't allowed to enter the real deal with Riko, so they decide to cancel their participation for this Love Live. Heh... just kidding. There's no way they didn't make sure to read all the rules beforehand.... right?

Anyway, considering the next episode's title I really don't think they will drastically time skip to the actual Love Live finals and I really don't see them not passing the prelims either. I can only guess that the episode title refers the step from 0 to 1.
Old 2016-09-12, 09:34   Link #67
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Damn that's what I get for relying on MALu to automatically update episodes
It's cool. Cour length can vary sometimes, which can make this sort of thing tricky, and yeah, I guess MALu isn't entirely reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
This just occured to me, but even if they pass the prelims, are they allowed to change their formation (member count) down the road? What if not? Maybe it will lead to a situation where they aren't allowed to enter the real deal with Riko, so they decide to cancel their participation for this Love Live. Heh... just kidding. There's no way they didn't make sure to read all the rules beforehand.... right?
Interesting thought. It would certainly make for good drama!

I honestly can imagine Chika making this type of slight error, but I can't imagine Dia making it. And Dia's probably handling this sort of thing for Aqours.
Old 2016-09-12, 10:11   Link #68
novalysis

Quote:
It's cool. Cour length can vary sometimes, which can make this sort of thing tricky, and yeah, I guess MALu isn't entirely reliable.

Interesting thought. It would certainly make for good drama!

I honestly can imagine Chika making this type of slight error, but I can't imagine Dia making it. And Dia's probably handling this sort of thing for Aqours.
I have a theory that after Muse won the Love Live, and shared their story, the organizers adjusted the rules such that explicit provisions were made, if some members in a group could not make it for one of the rounds due to illness, or other competing commitments, or important family matters. This was to prevent another group that could win Love Live from crashing out just because one of their members fell ill during one of the rounds, as had happened with Honoka and Muse. In-fact, if large numbers of composers also were part of the classical world, it's quite possible that the organizers permitted a composer-participant from not showing up if a major classical music competition clashed.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-12, 10:55   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I have a theory that after Muse won the Love Live, and shared their story, the organizers adjusted the rules such that explicit provisions were made, if some members in a group could not make it for one of the rounds due to illness, or other competing commitments, or important family matters. This was to prevent another group that could win Love Live from crashing out just because one of their members fell ill during one of the rounds, as had happened with Honoka and Muse. In-fact, if large numbers of composers also were part of the classical world, it's quite possible that the organizers permitted a composer-participant from not showing up if a major classical music competition clashed.
Good theory. It's certainly easy to imagine. And it does make sense given how school idol groups can vary in numbers substantially, and also given how injuries are handled in major team sports.

Your suggested composer provision also seems very practical.
Old 2016-09-13, 06:45   Link #70
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 11:

Well, that's a nice conclusion to You's problem. Never imagined that she actually likes that it's just her and Chika. Unfortunately for her, Riko showed up and then everyone. Oh, and why has this series become a bit yuri. o_o

Oh, and that's a very nice song and dance at the end. Their costumes are cute too. I bet sooner or later, someone (probably someone with plenty of funds) in our local cosplay community would wear one of those. xD
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 15:22   Link #71
grecefar

can't blame you it no just that all the girls appeared, she was ntred.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 04:34   Link #72
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Oh, and that's a very nice song and dance at the end. Their costumes are cute too. I bet sooner or later, someone (probably someone with plenty of funds) in our local cosplay community would wear one of those. xD
Would love to see this.
Old 2016-09-14, 07:03   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Nork 22

Hmm, ok will send you a visitor message if I find a cosplayer in conventions wearing the kind of LL Sunshine cos used in this episode. However, I think that won't be soon.. the costume is still new - so online shops in places like Taobao won't be having them in stock yet. Cosplayers would have go for made to order in local tailors which could take weeks to over a month to finish.. or make their own if they can sew. @.@
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote