AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 53.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-25, 15:32   Link #61
zeross87

so i just watched the ep a second time in raw this time (i made a point of watching all my anime once with subs and once without this season) and i just noticed that both hanamaru and ruby refer to them-self with their own name, make them look quite childish (well i noticed before for ruby but didn't notice until now for hanamaru).

i dunno why but since the beginning of sunshine, every ep worked better for me on the second watch than on the first. maybe because even if i don't care, i keep seeing the similarities to s1 on my first watch then just accept on my second watch and enjoy the ep better because of it.

anyway i just feel that the 3rd year made a idol club before (like everyone here) and that the reason it didn't work out was because mary suddenly moved out to europe without having a proper explanation and dia and kannan resent her for this. i think we'll have a "she didn't have a choice because reason X but always thought about them" moment and they'll all be happy after.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 16:26   Link #62
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
anyway i just feel that the 3rd year made a idol club before (like everyone here) and that the reason it didn't work out was because mary suddenly moved out to europe without having a proper explanation and dia and kannan resent her for this.
And this possible decision by Mari probably devastated Dia and Kanan so badly as they were about to compete in LL. And sure enough, they were unable to make it to LL without her.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2016-07-25 at 18:45.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 18:41   Link #63
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
The problem with the whole '3rd year idol club' theory would've ran into a problem way before something like Mari moving away without telling anyone or anything.

Namely, what Dia brought up in the very first episode. Who would've composed for them within the group? If Dia is as knowledgable as she seems about the student body, none of the 3 could have done it, so any dreams and aspirations for the Love Live would have ended right there, since you require original songs to enter. Granted there could have been someone else in their 2nd/3rd years back then that could have done it, but that's a very iffy unknown.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 18:52   Link #64
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
The problem with the whole '3rd year idol club' theory would've ran into a problem way before something like Mari moving away without telling anyone or anything.

Namely, what Dia brought up in the very first episode. Who would've composed for them within the group? If Dia is as knowledgable as she seems about the student body, none of the 3 could have done it, so any dreams and aspirations for the Love Live would have ended right there, since you require original songs to enter. Granted there could have been someone else in their 2nd/3rd years back then that could have done it, but that's a very iffy unknown.
Those lyrics on the whiteboard inside the newly-minted Idol Club room meant that they probably had a composer before, so if there were really only three of them back then (Dia, Mari, and Kanan), who was that composer?

This actually kind of reminded me of Nico. When she tried to make an idol club in her first year, she held her fellow members to an impossible standard, so they quit one by one, which devastated her. Probably something like this happened to the Aqours third years as well, when their composer, and therefore the most important member of the team, quit on them.

So for now, we can only wait for the backstory of the third years. That would have to wait though, as the next episode is all about Yohane.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 19:57   Link #65
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Those lyrics on the whiteboard inside the newly-minted Idol Club room meant that they probably had a composer before, so if there were really only three of them back then (Dia, Mari, and Kanan), who was that composer?
Calling it now, this was Mari. Still not discounting one short story in Degenki where she made an off hand remark of going back to her house to compose a song.
Old 2016-07-25, 21:23   Link #66
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Maybe the one that likes industrial metal!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 19:54   Link #67
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Maybe the one that likes industrial metal!
Theory: Every member in Guilty Kiss (Mari, Riko and Yohane) are able to compose - hence the even spread of years in that group. Guilty Kiss is basically the Composition team of Aqours.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 20:25   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Theory: Every member in Guilty Kiss (Mari, Riko and Yohane) are able to compose - hence the even spread of years in that group. Guilty Kiss is basically the Composition team of Aqours.
I support this because I want a song composed and coreographed by Yohane.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 20:56   Link #69
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I support this because I want a song composed and coreographed by Yohane
Screw that, I want to see Mari compose, choreograph, and center a song where she's surrounded by her pet seals. Call it Walrus Festa vol.1

relax. It's joke!~ ;P :3
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 07:25   Link #70
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
I support this because I want a song composed and coreographed by Yohane.
It'd make sense for Yohane to submit some lyrics of her own so we can get some actual chuuni songs which would be a new thing for LL songs and refreshing to boot.
Old 2016-07-27, 07:42   Link #71
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Somehow did not like this one at all. Maybe episode 1-3 had been rather nice, that it raised my expectations too high... This is the first time I got bored watching a Love Live episode.

Anyway, the recruitment of new members continue.

Looking forward to episode 5.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 07:54   Link #72
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Screw that, I want to see Mari compose, choreograph, and center a song where she's surrounded by her pet seals. Call it Walrus Festa vol.1

relax. It's joke!~ ;P :3
Is it really joke when we're talking about the girl who introduced herself by popping out of a helicopter in mid flight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
It'd make sense for Yohane to submit some lyrics of her own so we can get some actual chuuni songs which would be a new thing for LL songs and refreshing to boot.
I'd certainly apreciate some variety, but I can see the others (Riko in particular) shutting her down because it sounds too weird. Maybe a more mature (voice and lyrics wise) song than usual, but not entire rows of spellchanting in german/latin.

Actually, what makes a song chuuni, exactly?
Old 2016-07-27, 14:14   Link #73
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Actually, what makes a song chuuni, exactly?
That's a good question, I don't think it can be defined so easily. From my perspective, what makes a song chuuni is the content of the lyrics. The more fantasy like words and fantasy like lines are included, the more chuuni it is. Of course, normal songs can have kind of fantasy like symbolism as well, but I think it's not hard to differentiate these two things. In the current season, I think the OP for Regalia is a perfect example for chuuni songs. The lyrics literally start with "Is this power justice? Are these wings evil?" and the song is called Divine Spell. Even the official music video to it is fantasy like.
Old 2016-07-27, 20:53   Link #74
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
That's a good question, I don't think it can be defined so easily. From my perspective, what makes a song chuuni is the content of the lyrics. The more fantasy like words and fantasy like lines are included, the more chuuni it is. Of course, normal songs can have kind of fantasy like symbolism as well, but I think it's not hard to differentiate these two things. In the current season, I think the OP for Regalia is a perfect example for chuuni songs. The lyrics literally start with "Is this power justice? Are these wings evil?" and the song is called Divine Spell. Even the official music video to it is fantasy like.
That still sounds like a lot of fantasy stuff outhere. I'd say it needs more foreign languages, but by those standards, Lilium is chuuni, and I don't want to live in a world where that is a thing.

Also, Rena's chanting in the first episode is waaaaay worse.

Back to love live, I'm trying to see the Muse comparisons in a more positive light: now I want to hear Dia's harasho
Old 2016-07-29, 12:53   Link #75
kitten320

Oh wow, for once an episode I actually won't criticise. I mean there was another re-use of hand reaching but minimum and reason behind roof use makes sense so I'm not going to nitpick.

This episode actually contained some original and interesting material so hopefully the rest of the series will follow it's example.

While I suspect 3rd year back story might be similar to Nico's, I'm actually looking forward to it. cause unlike Nico's all those two members are still around.
Old 2016-07-30, 09:54   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Did anyone notice Yoshiko in the beginning?
Old 2016-08-21, 07:59   Link #77
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I love how English dub Mari called her and Kanan's racks as 4 besties. xD