AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-07, 13:38   Link #61
pampz21
ShipCore

Added on my list would be:
IB:female solo Miyuki, pair Seagusa twins
Male solo Shippou; Morisaki or ? and ?
Crowd ball: Solo Erika, Pair Amy and the other who i forgot her name the one who compete last time.
Monolith: Kirihara as offence, Sawaki as defence Hattori as back up.
Rower n Gunner: female solo ?, Pair Honoka and Shizuku
Male solo Miki(SB program to row while he takes down everything; badass) Pair Tomistuka as a rower and Morisaki as a Gunner?
Shield down: female solo Minami, Pair Kanon and ?
Male solo yours truly Leo its practically an event made for him. Pair ? and ?
Steeplechase: solo female Erika( i can only think of her) pair Sayaka and Kirihara
Male solo Tatsuya, Pair Tomitsuka and Amy or ? and ?(can think of anyone else)

Engineering team: Isori, Tatsuya, Mizuki, Chiaki, Tomtsuka, Smiths, Azusa.

As for people who thinks Miyuki and Tatsuya go on steeplechase a pair ; i can only think of you guys are shipping.
Base on Miyuki prowess shes the worst candidate much less to a dangerous event like that which will make Tatsuya OP(over protectiveness) tingling; rationally thinking shes just gonna slow down Tatsuya.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-07 at 14:56.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 13:59   Link #62
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Added on my list would be:
IB:female solo Miyuki, pair Seagusa twins
Male solo Shippou; Morisaki and ?
Crowd ball: Solo Erika, Pair Amy and the other who i forgot her name the one who compete last time.
Monolith: Kirihara as offence, Sawaki as defence Hattori as back up.
Rower n Gunner: female solo ?, Pair Honoka and Shizuku
Male solo Miki(SB program to row while he takes down everything; badass) Pair Tomistuka as a rower and ?
Shield down: female solo Minami, Pair Kanon and ?
Male solo yours truly Leo its practically an event made for him. Pair ? and ?
Steeplechase: solo female Erika( i can only think of her) pair Sayaka and Kirihara
Male solo Tatsuya, Pair Tomitsuka and Amy or ? and ?(can think of anyone else)

Engineering team: Isori, Tatsuya, Mizuki, Chiaki, Tomtsuka, Smiths, Azusa.

As for people who thinks Miyuki and Tatsuya go on steeplechase a pair ; i can only think of you guys are shipping.
Base on Miyuki prowess shes the worst candidate much less to a dangerous event like that which will make Tatsuya OP(over protectiveness) tingling; rationally thinking shes just gonna slow down Tatsuya.
miyuki can move very fast with magic and is very versatile, it's true that tatsuya will be woried with her but that didn't stop him from taking her with him to the blanche slaugther, nor did it stop him from leaving her side in yokohama. besides i am a tasuyaxmayumi FTW

the girl you forgot the name was that subaru or something like that?
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:09   Link #63
Rava

Quote:
[...]
Rationally thinking, given her previous involvement in other major fights alone, Tatsuya not bringing her along if he can would be incredibly stupid. She's an automatic magical and firearm obstacle neutralizer, both of which are featured in Steeplechase, and she's experienced in combat and being in a supporting role, looking at how easily she set up targets for the others grouped with her to slice and dice in Yokohama.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:15   Link #64
kidswable

If steeplechase going to be paired rather than go to the path of shipping, what about mikihiko and tatsuya. Its best combo for stealth run.
Anyway, I recognize almost all the new event are based on military training. Probably that was koiichi plan. If tatsuya enter it and he is too good then it could half of proofing that he is part of military. A mere student cant handle the harsh training of a military personel.
Adiing to this, this could be media play that this event are going to be military recruitment test.

While this theory sound riddiculous, I based it from v4. Katsuto said, there's no way 10MC allow the heir to be defeated by unknown student without proper training. Talent could be the reason, but military is more easy to sell.

Sorry for the bad english
kidswable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:21   Link #65
Echizen777

Quote:
I can only see her using Freeze Flame but other than that... She is good and have physical training but I can't see her running, dodging obstacles and stuff. People like Erika, Leo, Hanzo or other martial artists are better for this.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:26   Link #66
Diocar

Ending the vol with a tats and miyuki team battle would be awesoooommmeeee, probably one of the best volume endings of the series.
Are you sure that there is paired and single versions of the same events? It sounds confusing and repetitive... What is the point for the participants and readers to have a single and paired ID for ex?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:32   Link #67
Rava

Mikihiko and Tatsuya is a good pair too. But one of Miyuki's best points is that unless most others, she doesn't need to dodge. Anything that she needs to dodge or outrun, she can simply freeze.
Old 2014-04-07, 14:49   Link #68
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
miyuki can move very fast with magic and is very versatile, it's true that tatsuya will be woried with her but that didn't stop him from taking her with him to the blanche slaugther, nor did it stop him from leaving her side in yokohama. besides i am a tasuyaxmayumi FTW

the girl you forgot the name was that subaru or something like that?
Oh I remember it Subaru the one who was tall and short haired. Who give the feeling lesbian according to Tatsuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Rationally thinking, given her previous involvement in other major fights alone, Tatsuya not bringing her along if he can would be incredibly stupid. She's an automatic magical and firearm obstacle neutralizer, both of which are featured in Steeplechase, and she's experienced in combat and being in a supporting role, looking at how easily she set up targets for the others grouped with her to slice and dice in Yokohama.
That is why; We dont see her running, If flying was part of the contest I'll give her a chance but running across Fuji isnt something I can see her do; Yes her magic is strong but casting it every 10m she ran will take up too much time; If its Tatsuya and Erika they would just dodge it with minimal effort and continue to run and putting Tatsuya and Erika in one contest is very stupid; if they can win 2 rather than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I can only see her using Freeze Flame but other than that... She is good and have physical training but I can't see her running, dodging obstacles and stuff. People like Erika, Leo, Hanzo or other martial artists are better for this.
Yes she was trained in physical training but we only see her either leap, fly or use roller-blades to increase her speed. Miyuki's fight is always she standing there while dominating her opponent before they can reach her.

@Diocar
and yes Miki and Tatsuya would be a great combo but we still have to consider the most important element of the game is speed. I doubt he can go on par with Tatsuya speed.~ Tatsuya and Tomitsuka would be good too.~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-07, 15:03   Link #69
Echizen777

Quote:
Mikihiko and Tatsuya is a good pair too. But one of Miyuki's best points is that unless most others, she doesn't need to dodge. Anything that she needs to dodge or outrun, she can simply freeze.
Tsutomu can do everything with Miyuki but it is a like a military training, you need to be fast, have great reflexes etc. Miyuki can freeze bullets but it doesn't guarantee she could freeze them all, opponents can hinder her too. It's not like her usual fights where she doesn't move a lot an use huge and powerful spells.
Old 2014-04-07, 15:22   Link #70
Caelus

I don't think steeple chase will have a solo and pair like the rest but maybe team based and will tatsuya get in this year's monolith code too? because there are the third years like hattori, sawaki and kirihara so he might not get into monolith code, but we know for sure that he will participate in steeple chase that's a given.
Caelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 17:28   Link #71
Flere821
Lurker

I haven't seen any new Chinese spoilers, but according to the larethian ones I'm kinda surprised Mirage Bat is still one of the competitions - Miyuki curbstomped the competition there harder than Tatsuya's tech support did for his ones While both of the Shiba siblings got Flawless Victory, only Miyuki's opponents were driven to exhaustion and forfeiting the game.

More seriously, given the advent of Flight magic people will only be using that one spell for the event; which kinda goes against the nature of the 9SC, given the variety of spells/tactics available in all of the other events.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 17:51   Link #72
Rava

Quote:
[...]
That is why; We dont see her running, If flying was part of the contest I'll give her a chance but running across Fuji isnt something I can see her do; Yes her magic is strong but casting it every 10m she ran will take up too much time; If its Tatsuya and Erika they would just dodge it with minimal effort and continue to run and putting Tatsuya and Erika in one contest is very stupid; if they can win 2 rather than one.

Yes she was trained in physical training but we only see her either leap, fly or use roller-blades to increase her speed. Miyuki's fight is always she standing there while dominating her opponent before they can reach her.

[...]

A lot of your objections are relying on restrictions that have not been seen yet. At a bare minimum for the event, we would need to see:

1- Restrictions on number of CADs. (Otherwise she can always have a Flying CAD going)
2- Restrictions on gender
3- Restrictions on magic use (like the "No lethal magic on people" rule that Masaki broke)

and so on.

Restrictions on gender is the most likely possibility to shoot down the combination given prior history.

Also, Erika wasn't in the previous 9 Schools Competition as an actual competitor -- your Erika-shaded vision isn't enough evidence that she'd get in this time either. :P In contrast, Mikihiko is a Course 1 Student now, so he actually has a fair shot without the exception from last time.
Old 2014-04-07, 17:56   Link #73
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I haven't seen any new Chinese spoilers, but according to the larethian ones I'm kinda surprised Mirage Bat is still one of the competitions - Miyuki curbstomped the competition there harder than Tatsuya's tech support did for his ones While both of the Shiba siblings got Flawless Victory, only Miyuki's opponents were driven to exhaustion and forfeiting the game.

More seriously, given the advent of Flight magic people will only be using that one spell for the event; which kinda goes against the nature of the 9SC, given the variety of spells/tactics available in all of the other events.
It's not that surprisingly, really. While Miyuki did curbstomp them, at least part of it has to be because she had much more experience with Flight.

Previously, Mirage Bat pretty much used the same one spell anyway. Some form of levitation to rise up and descend. The tactics came in whether you could interfere with your opponent's rising path.

I imagine something similar will happen now, now that they've had a year to practice and invent tactics.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 19:12   Link #74
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tsutomu can do everything with Miyuki but it is a like a military training, you need to be fast, have great reflexes etc. Miyuki can freeze bullets but it doesn't guarantee she could freeze them all, opponents can hinder her too. It's not like her usual fights where she doesn't move a lot an use huge and powerful spells.
It depends.

If she has to use Deceleration Zone to protect herself, that's guaranteed to stop them dead on. That would slow her down though, given the nature of that magic.

If she has to Freeze Flame, we know she can multi-target that easily unless someone intentionally used overwhelming numbers on her.

If she has to use Zone Interference, that's not going to affect her in the slightest.

If she gets to fly, even if it's just a couple of feet off the ground, that completely alleviates any need for her personal agility.

And if she wants to go completely berserk and just Niflheim everything in range as she walks through like a Yuki-onna...

So she can either go slow and be completely unhurt, or she can speed up and take a few risks.
Old 2014-04-07, 19:50   Link #75
Echizen777

Quote:

Compared to all the curb stomp battles from last competition. This victory was easier since you need to use only one magic.

Quote:
It depends.

If she has to use Deceleration Zone to protect herself, that's guaranteed to stop them dead on. That would slow her down though, given the nature of that magic.

If she has to Freeze Flame, we know she can multi-target that easily unless someone intentionally used overwhelming numbers on her.

If she has to use Zone Interference, that's not going to affect her in the slightest.

If she gets to fly, even if it's just a couple of feet off the ground, that completely alleviates any need for her personal agility.

And if she wants to go completely berserk and just Niflheim everything in range as she walks through like a Yuki-onna...

So she can either go slow and be completely unhurt, or she can speed up and take a few risks.
That's just in theory and sounds too simple. In a race it would be hard to do things like that, her spells have a wide range too so they will hinder her teammate, if there is one. Miyuki is just not suited for games like that IMO.
Old 2014-04-07, 20:45   Link #76
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Ending the vol with a tats and miyuki team battle would be awesoooommmeeee, probably one of the best volume endings of the series.
Are you sure that there is paired and single versions of the same events? It sounds confusing and repetitive... What is the point for the participants and readers to have a single and paired ID for ex?
Already mentioned this but only Ice Pillar, Rower and Gunner, and Shield Down are further divided into solo and pair categories.

Quote:

So far, they didn't mention anything about Mirage Bat or Monolith Code. It was only mentioned that Speed Shooting, Crowd Ball and Battle Board will be replaced by the 3 new events, and Ice Pillar Break will get a further breakdown into solo and pair categories. But like I said, chapter 1 is only partial so more info may follow later. Anyway, if Miyuki does Ice Pillar, then she won't be able to do Mirage Bat due to the new rule.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 21:20   Link #77
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Already mentioned this but only Ice Pillar, Rower and Gunner, and Shield Down are further divided into solo and pair categories.

So far, they didn't mention anything about Mirage Bat or Monolith Code. It was only mentioned that Speed Shooting, Crowd Ball and Battle Board will be replaced by the 3 new events, and Ice Pillar Break will get a further breakdown into solo and pair categories. But like I said, chapter 1 is only partial so more info may follow later. Anyway, if Miyuki does Ice Pillar, then she won't be able to do Mirage Bat due to the new rule.
Hmmmm...so this mean that its not confirmed but Steeplechase is a solo event?
Tatsuya going solo?

Quote:
Bunch of text
In the end we are just speculating what would happen. Bottomline is the only one who is official participant is Miyuki for Icebreak.

Well I concur Iam bias but Iam just stating that Miyuki isnt really suited for the game; in that the reason why Miyuki won mirage bat was her psion count; she was losing before he used flight magic by that we can already guess that leaping and speed base magic is one of Miyuki's weakness.

Compare to people who specialize in high speed such as Tomitsuka . I can say Miyuki specialize in freezing magic which we all know but the important factor of the game is who finish first not who destroy the more obstacle win; which we can say the Icicle break is Miyuki's domain.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-07 at 21:37.
Old 2014-04-07, 21:51   Link #78
larethian

Quote:
Hmmmm...so this mean that its not confirmed but Steeplechase is a solo event?
Tatsuya going solo?

In the end we are just speculating what would happen. Bottomline is the only one who is official participant is Miyuki for Icebreak.

Well I concur Iam bias but Iam just stating that Miyuki isnt really suited for the game; in that the reason why Miyuki won mirage bat was her psion count; she was losing before he used flight magic by that we can already guess that leaping and speed base magic is one of Miyuki's weakness.

Compare to people who specialize in high speed such as Tomitsuka . I can say Miyuki specialize in freezing magic which we all know but the important factor of the game is who finish first not who destroy the more obstacle win; which we can say the Icicle break is Miyuki's domain.
It could be a team event, who knows? This must be the 10,000th time I'm repeating this. But chapter 1 was partial, it stopped right after Tatsuya talked about the possibility of 'dropouts' caused by Steeplechase. We don't know what addenda there could be for the 9SC discussion yet.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 22:06   Link #79
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It could be a team event, who knows? This must be the 10,000th time I'm repeating this. But chapter 1 was partial, it stopped right after Tatsuya talked about the possibility of 'dropouts' caused by Steeplechase. We don't know what addenda there could be for the 9SC discussion yet.
Haha; sorry sorey!
Team event neh...

Well it is dangerous for people who are weak willed not accustomed to guns and magic combat; and worse is those Parasitedolls; even Tatsuya might not come out unscratch(who am I joking )

But only people we know who can handle a fight with those are pretty limited. And whats more Tatsuya will probably ordered not to use decomposition which leads to Tatsuya ushing his only anti-parasite Far strike.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-07, 22:10   Link #80
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ but far strike it follow the law of decomposition if I remember correctly?