AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 19:30   Link #61
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I don't believe there is anything in the novel that indicates that sort of difference in definitions. Look here...In v2 Tatsuya talks about his specialized Decomposition magic talent and links it with his ability to decompose activation and magic sequences, explaining all of it as just 1 very difficult magic. The ability to directly interfere with the design information.
I sort of agree. It's pretty clear that some people who would be considered generalists are definitely more talented in particular areas than others (like Honoka and Light or Miyuki and Freezing), and BS magicians just take that to an obnoxious degree. So I can see labeling that unofficially as an innate magic type for the characters. It's definitely not an official thing though.

Quote:
I never disputed the definition given for the spell, but when Tatsuya uses the spell it is described as part of the Decomposition ability he was born with. I actually pointed out the novel quote that shows Tatsuya specifically calls his Decomposition magic classified, then goes on to call the said decomposition magic, Gram dispersal. Its not a personal opinion its a quote from the v4c10 translation.
I'm pretty sure he's described Gram Dispersion/Dispersal as a Mist Dispersal that targets Psions instead of an Eidos at some point and giving that as the reason for a Non-Systematic Magic having the connection with an otherwise Systematic Magic, type, but I haven't really had time (or interest) to find it again.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 06:51   Link #62
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Its true that his limited in terms of his magic uses but doesn't he also is a adept of flash casting(Because of the experiment his mother and aunt put him through).
Flash cast bypasses the use of a cad and its faster then using a cad that making the person who uses flash cast faster then a person using a cad.
Tatsuya can use flash cast but his only limitations are that his can only use magic that has 5 processes or lower.
So regardless of the magic type of those spells(meaning belonging to all 4 classes and 8 subclasses) we can assume he can use any spells that fit this this criteria unless stated somewhere he can`t(only read 10 volumes so far).
I know this doesn't seem very powerful but it not stated how many process specific spells have, like it there are a-rank spells that fit this criteria he can use them as long as he knows the activation sequence.
As stated by mizuki in vol 2 chapter 8, 5 steps and lower processes magics covered at least half of the known combat magics, and judging from his ability to remember things its entirely possible he knows all of them which gives him a lot to work with during battle.
And in combat the ability to cast powerful spells doesn't mean one always wins. As seen in the battle between masaki and tatsuya in the monolith code one simple flash cast completely took out masaki.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 07:23   Link #63
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Its true that his limited in terms of his magic uses but doesn't he also is a adept of flash casting(Because of the experiment his mother and aunt put him through).
Flash cast bypasses the use of a cad and its faster then using a cad that making the person who uses flash cast faster then a person using a cad.
Tatsuya can use flash cast but his only limitations are that his can only use magic that has 5 processes or lower.
So regardless of the magic type of those spells(meaning belonging to all 4 classes and 8 subclasses) we can assume he can use any spells that fit this this criteria unless stated somewhere he can`t(only read 10 volumes so far).
I know this doesn't seem very powerful but it not stated how many process specific spells have, like it there are a-rank spells that fit this criteria he can use them as long as he knows the activation sequence.
As stated by mizuki in vol 2 chapter 8, 5 steps and lower processes magics covered at least half of the known combat magics, and judging from his ability to remember things its entirely possible he knows all of them which gives him a lot to work with during battle.
And in combat the ability to cast powerful spells doesn't mean one always wins. As seen in the battle between masaki and tatsuya in the monolith code one simple flash cast completely took out masaki.
Flash Cast advantage is only the speed . Yes, we can assume that he could use A rank spells fitting the criteria but I doubt there are, otherwise he would have already learned it, what strong destructive magic can he learn anyway?
Even if he uses FC his magic his C-Rank, that's weak, he can only do simple things. I don't remember Tatsuya using Flash Cast excepted in vol 05.
Something like that would be better in the hands of a A-rank magician like Miyuki.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 09:48   Link #64
IceHism

Just wondering but where does it state Miyuki is A- rank? She could use Niflheim and Inferno with complete control and Tatsuya says that whatever a normal magician could do, she could do at the highest level like her incredible zone interference. Though I'm kind of surprised that Tatsuya can still cast under her zone
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 09:50   Link #65
BW95
Banned

Quote:
There's a difference between combat magic and A-ranked magic. One doesn't necessarily mean the other. If Inferno was anything to judge by, high ranked magic are usually complicated by nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Just wondering but where does it state Miyuki is A- rank? She could use Niflheim and Inferno with complete control and Tatsuya says that whatever a normal magician could do, she could do at the highest level like her incredible zone interference
Inferno is an A-rank spell that few magicians can do.

Quote:
Occasionally, this magic served as the test for A-Rank Magicians. Many testers shed bitter tears at their inability to wield this highly difficult magic, but for Miyuki, this was merely a triviality that she could manipulate at will.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:01   Link #66
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Flash Cast advantage is only the speed . Yes, we can assume that he could use A rank spells fitting the criteria but I doubt there are, otherwise he would have already learned it, what strong destructive magic can he learn anyway?
Even if he uses FC his magic his C-Rank, that's weak, he can only do simple things. I don't remember Tatsuya using Flash Cast excepted in vol 05.
Something like that would be better in the hands of a A-rank magician like Miyuki.
that sonic bang that he used against masaki near his ear that was flash cast even captain yanagi told Fujibayashi when they were watching the match from the observation deck.
And his magic is not c-rank..... his technical skill at using spells is c rank.He can probably use all kinds of magics but as seen in LN the cast speed at which he uses those magic is very high, close to almost a second(0.980 secs he got on the technical skills exam i believe) compared to normal magicians that are under 0.5 seconds.Miyuki was around 0.280 secs(or 280 ms) using schools cads faster using her own cad. And even at that speed she is still inferior to her brother when his using his innate magic power like decomposition (dont remember where but it was state that the cast time was 50 ms or 0.05 seconds).
The air mine magic he developed for the nine school competition its definitely not a c rank spell and he stated when asked to add his name to the index that even if he was to to that no one will believe him because he can`t use it at a level that will make people believe he made it(this states that he can use the the magic itself but not very effectively).
Also miyuki can`t do flash casting because that ability needs either a genius level intelligence and a instant memory recall or she went through some brainwashing program to engrave those activation sequences into her mind.
Old 2014-04-12, 10:11   Link #67
BW95
Banned

Quote:
that sonic bang that he used against masaki near his ear that was flash cast even captain yanagi told Fujibayashi when they were watching the match from the observation deck.
And his magic is not c-rank..... his technical skill at using spells is c rank.He can probably use all kinds of magics but as seen in LN the cast speed at which he uses those magic is very high, close to almost a second(0.980 secs he got on the technical skills exam i believe) compared to normal magicians that are under 0.5 seconds.Miyuki was around 0.280 secs(or 280 ms) using schools cads faster using her own cad. And even at that speed she is still inferior to her brother when his using his innate magic power like decomposition (dont remember where but it was state that the cast time was 50 ms or 0.05 seconds).
The air mine magic he developed for the nine school competition its definitely not a c rank spell and he stated when asked to add his name to the index that even if he was to to that no one will believe him because he can`t use it at a level that will make people believe he made it(this states that he can use the the magic itself but not very effectively).
Also miyuki can`t do flash casting because that ability needs either a genius level intelligence and a instant memory recall or she went through some brainwashing program to engrave those activation sequences into her mind.
That was just Regrowth, which is 0.2 and Self-Regrowth works faster than human cognition because it acts on subconscious speeds. The casting time for his Decomposition magic is the same as the elite, but not faster than Lina.
Old 2014-04-12, 10:31   Link #68
Echizen777

Quote:
That wasn't magic, he snapped his fingers and augmented the volume to damage Masaki's eardrums. He only used Gram Demolition and Elemental Sight during the battle.

Quote:
His superpowers aside, Tatsuya's magic is crappy. All modern magicians can use magic in less than 1 second now, that's one of the disadvantage of Ancient Magic. Tatsuya's magic is C-rank( interference strenght: C; speed: C but with FC it is faster than anyone; magic tolerance: C).

Remember that a normal magicians can use a lot of spells, Tatsuya is BS, he should not even be able to use them under normal circumstances. He can use his superpowers rapidly because he is born with them. Even by using normal magic faster than the others, it would still be weak because the speed is the only boost.

And aren't 0.280 and 0.5 faster than 0.980? During the practical training he was the slowest of his friends and managed to pass via ES after 3 fails.

Quote:
I never said Miyuki can use FC. I said she would be better with this because her magic power is high. The fastest magic caster so far is Lina, no one can keep with her.
You don't need genius intellect to use flash cast, it's only because of the artificial MCA that Tatsuya can remember all the activation sequences.
Old 2014-04-12, 10:34   Link #69
BW95
Banned

Quote:
I don't believe there is anything in the novel that indicates that sort of difference in definitions. Look here...In v2 Tatsuya talks about his specialized Decomposition magic talent and links it with his ability to decompose activation and magic sequences, explaining all of it as just 1 very difficult magic. The ability to directly interfere with the design information.

I never disputed the definition given for the spell, but when Tatsuya uses the spell it is described as part of the Decomposition ability he was born with. I actually pointed out the novel quote that shows Tatsuya specifically calls his Decomposition magic classified, then goes on to call the said decomposition magic, Gram dispersal. Its not a personal opinion its a quote from the v4c10 translation.
Gram Dispersal is a Decomposition magic by the nature of the result, but that does not mean it is part of his innate magic. It is purely a non-systemic magic requiring psion manipulation, which every magician is capable of.
Old 2014-04-12, 11:57   Link #70
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
That wasn't magic, he snapped his fingers and augmented the volume to damage Masaki's eardrums. He only used Gram Demolition and Elemental Sight during the battle.
the fact the he amplified the sound that was a simple spell. an Oscillation type magic.
"Single Systematic Flash Cast, eh. Oh well, at least he managed to keep our secrets." a quote from the LN insinuating that he used flash cast instead of a classified magic.
"The CAD in his left hand is calibrated for Oscillation-Type Magic precisely to cover for this. He's just as prudent as always."
"If that's a high school student, there is something seriously wrong with this world. But, Flash Cast...... If he was an enemy, that sort of speed would be a terrifying threat." From LN volume 4 chapter 10 near the end of the chapter.
He even had a cover for the flash cast i case someone wonders.

I might've understand this wrong but it definitely looks like that that sound thing was indeed a simple spell used with flash cast.

Quote:
His superpowers aside, Tatsuya's magic is crappy. All modern magicians can use magic in less than 1 second now, that's one of the disadvantage of Ancient Magic. Tatsuya's magic is C-rank( interference strenght: C; speed: C but with FC it is faster than anyone; magic tolerance: C).
Remember that a normal magicians can use a lot of spells, Tatsuya is BS, he should not even be able to use them under normal circumstances. He can use his superpowers rapidly because he is born with them. Even by using normal magic faster than the others, it would still be weak because the speed is the only boost.
I get what you say, normally he shouldn't be able to cast any normal spells but that's only possible because of the artificial magic stuff in his brain.
But its not stated in LN how the power of the spell is measured or how strong a spell is in comparison to other spell.

For example
We know that "Inferno" is a a-rank spell based on the fact that is a complex spell with a lot of magic sequences(magic tolerance), a great effect on the eidos(Interference Strength) and the fast activation time(speed of magic design) but there's no indication of the spell overall strength(like When with MB it had 20 megatons output power that enough gives the readers how much carnage that spell can do).
What i mean is that a complex spell that rewrites the eidos to great extent will make it a a-rank spell, but its destructive power could be shitty and at the same time a more simple spell like a a sound amplification(what he used on masaki) if you amplify the sound enough can cripple you even turn your brain to mush and kill you.
I mean what actually gives a spell its destructive power? Is it the psions that a magician have?By pumping more psions into a spell makes it more powerful?
Old 2014-04-12, 12:30   Link #71
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Just wondering but where does it state Miyuki is A- rank? She could use Niflheim and Inferno with complete control and Tatsuya says that whatever a normal magician could do, she could do at the highest level like her incredible zone interference. Though I'm kind of surprised that Tatsuya can still cast under her zone
The technique is such that if the strength of interference is less than that of the defined magic ritual, then the interference will be shut out.Zone Interference does not reserve magic, but rather directly prevents the opponents' magic, and it is fundamental that the strength of interference be greater than that of the opponents' magic.
Related to zone interference . The fact that tatsuya can freely cast his magic has nothing to do with the zone interference strength since normal magicians use the spell to create and modify the eidos(systematic magic), the interference in that process will have effect but tatsuya magic unique hence zone interference even cast jamming are useless.
And there's stated no where that she is a- rank magician.The fact is she can only use 2 freeze a rank spells( inferno and Niflheim ) which are all part Speed and Oscillation/Vibration System. We seen her using other magic systems as well but not to the extent she uses Speed and Oscillation/Vibration magic. The other a rank spell she uses is cocytus which is a outer-systematic magic and its unique to her.
Old 2014-04-12, 13:16   Link #72
Echizen777

Quote:
the fact the he amplified the sound that was a simple spell. an Oscillation type magic.
"Single Systematic Flash Cast, eh. Oh well, at least he managed to keep our secrets." a quote from the LN insinuating that he used flash cast instead of a classified magic.
"The CAD in his left hand is calibrated for Oscillation-Type Magic precisely to cover for this. He's just as prudent as always."
"If that's a high school student, there is something seriously wrong with this world. But, Flash Cast...... If he was an enemy, that sort of speed would be a terrifying threat." From LN volume 4 chapter 10 near the end of the chapter.
He even had a cover for the flash cast i case someone wonders.

I might've understand this wrong but it definitely looks like that that sound thing was indeed a simple spell used with flash cast.
Just read that part, so he used Flash Cast. Now it pains me even more that they won't fight again.

Quote:
I get what you say, normally he shouldn't be able to cast any normal spells but that's only possible because of the artificial magic stuff in his brain.
But its not stated in LN how the power of the spell is measured or how strong a spell is in comparison to other spell.
We all know that but I posted it because I like details. It only enhances his speed, if the rest is C-rank how can he use powerful spells? You seem think Tatsuya can use his superpowers AND strong regular magic. He can't.

He used FC against Masaki, he was able to beat him thanks to the overwhelming speed, not that his Oscillation magic was super powerful, if Miyuki ( or pretty much any other combat magician) had used the same oscillation magic, it would be way more powerful than Tatsuya's. Same when he used it to save Honoka, it was useful only because he could use it rapidly.

Quote:
For example
We know that "Inferno" is a a-rank spell based on the fact that is a complex spell with a lot of magic sequences(magic tolerance), a great effect on the eidos(Interference Strength) and the fast activation time(speed of magic design) but there's no indication of the spell overall strength(like When with MB it had 20 megatons output power that enough gives the readers how much carnage that spell can do).
What i mean is that a complex spell that rewrites the eidos to great extent will make it a a-rank spell, but its destructive power could be shitty and at the same time a more simple spell like a a sound amplification(what he used on masaki) if you amplify the sound enough can cripple you even turn your brain to mush and kill you.
I mean what actually gives a spell its destructive power? Is it the psions that a magician have?By pumping more psions into a spell makes it more powerful?
You are downplaying Miyuki, those 3 represent the magic power so yes, it is a proof of power, for normal spells interference strength is the power to rewrite reality, so in a clash of 2 magicians using the same spell with equal magic power and the exact same stats in every category but Interference strength, the one with the stronger IS will win.
Using MB is a bad example because it's a nuke, all the apostles have a A rank magic.

A-rank magic are difficult to learn and powerful, Niflheim is powerful and in vol 2 Miyuki was taking her time to torture her opponents. If Tatsuya hadn't stopped her she would have killed them. Mist Dispersion and Rupture are A-rank but they don't need to have a large radius to be dangerous, Tatsuya disintegrates everything and Masaki explodes everything(as long as there are liquids), both act on a small-scale but are powerful nonetheless.

It has never been stated that Miyuki is A-rank but well... it should be obvious I think.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:39   Link #73
Lazy cat

Quote:
at vol9 she won against the strongest magician on USNA military, cut out the A-rank she is more likely to be S-rank
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:45   Link #74
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
at vol9 she won against the strongest magician on USNA military, cut out the A-rank she is more likely to be S-rank

That's what i was thinking but I think i was a bit confused because the book has never mentioned an S-rank so that classification likely does not exist and A-rank is probably the highest.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:53   Link #75
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Just read that part, so he used Flash Cast. Now it pains me even more that they won't fight again.

We all know that but I posted it because I like details. It only enhances his speed, if the rest is C-rank how can he use powerful spells? You seem think Tatsuya can use his superpowers AND strong regular magic. He can't.

He used FC against Masaki, he was able to beat him thanks to the overwhelming speed, not that his Oscillation magic was super powerful, if Miyuki ( or pretty much any other combat magician) had used the same oscillation magic, it would be way more powerful than Tatsuya's. Same when he used it to save Honoka, it was useful only because he could use it rapidly.

You are downplaying Miyuki, those 3 represent the magic power so yes, it is a proof of power, for normal spells interference strength is the power to rewrite reality, so in a clash of 2 magicians using the same spell with equal magic power and the exact same stats in every category but Interference strength, the one with the stronger IS will win.
Using MB is a bad example because it's a nuke, all the apostles have a A rank magic.

A-rank magic are difficult to learn and powerful, Niflheim is powerful and in vol 2 Miyuki was taking her time to torture her opponents. If Tatsuya hadn't stopped her she would have killed them. Mist Dispersion and Rupture are A-rank but they don't need to have a large radius to be dangerous, Tatsuya disintegrates everything and Masaki explodes everything(as long as there are liquids), both act on a small-scale but are powerful nonetheless.

It has never been stated that Miyuki is A-rank but well... it should be obvious I think.
i get what u say and i know that the same spell used by different magicians will have different outcomes but you also said same spell with different IS have different destructive levels meaning that IS is what gives the spell their destructive power?
If that is the case then how will you judge the rank of spells like decomposition which does not share the same activation process as systematic magic(systematic spell create and alter eidos while decomposition just rewrites or destroys eidos).
As for mist dispersion its stated that he can snipe 36 different targets if they are unaware of his presence and that number goes down if his in combat with them to 24 that is tatsuya current limit as for miyuki is stated that her limit is 16 if she pushes herself to the limit. Its true that mist dispersion on itself is not a wide area spell but it seems tatsuya can use it to attack a large number of targets at the same time.
What i`m trying to say is in real combat(within the story) how you use the spells have more of an impact then how powerful the spells are.
Old 2014-04-12, 15:23   Link #76
Echizen777

Quote:
i get what u say and i know that the same spell used by different magicians will have different outcomes but you also said same spell with different IS have different destructive levels meaning that IS is what gives the spell their destructive power?
By destructive power I mean power to rewrite reality, if those 2 clash, the person with the strongest IS will win meaning that IS=power(but not power on a destruction scale). It's like the true essence of magic. For example Miyuki's IS is so strong you need to constantly struggle to be able to fight within her Zone Interference.

Quote:
If that is the case then how will you judge the rank of spells like decomposition which does not share the same activation process as systematic magic(systematic spell create and alter eidos while decomposition just rewrites or destroys eidos).
Decomposition is A Rank, it's a superpower and the effect on the victim are deadly. That's it, let's just say that the rank of an attack spell is choose according to the effects it causes on the victim. Niflheim is a A rank magic which could easily kill someone, same as Rupture, Mist Dispersion etc.

Quote:
As for mist dispersion its stated that he can snipe 36 different targets if they are unaware of his presence and that number goes down if his in combat with them to 24 that is tatsuya current limit as for miyuki is stated that her limit is 16 if she pushes herself to the limit. Its true that mist dispersion on itself is not a wide area spell but it seems tatsuya can use it to attack a large number of targets at the same time.
What i`m trying to say is in real combat(within the story) how you use the spells have more of an impact then how powerful the spells are.
I agree but both counts, it is particularly true for duals between high level magicians. Miyuki pwned Lina because she has a magic power rivaling with and because she used her magic cleverly. But if you replace Miyuki with Leo for example, he would have lost no matter what because Lina's MP is too strong compared to his.
Old 2014-04-12, 15:30   Link #77
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Gram Dispersal is a Decomposition magic by the nature of the result, but that does not mean it is part of his innate magic. It is purely a non-systemic magic requiring psion manipulation, which every magician is capable of.
I don't remember any such description given in the novel. Tatsuya gave a long explanation in v2 about his birth magic Decomposition, describing his ability to disassemble magic and activation sequences as an additional side effect of that magic. He then describes the 2 separate skills of erasing objects and disassembling information bodies as the single ability 'to directly interfere with the design information' that he was born with.

The fact that others may be be able to use it does not mean it is not part of his innate magic. Innate magic just means he's better at it than everyone else due inborn talent.

Quote:
That second quote doesn't mean anything. If the brain is the spirit that ties that mind and the body, then its destruction becomes all the more vital.
Vital to casting magic, no -according to the novel only the mind is. Vital to life, most likely, but nothing's yet been confirmed in the novel. With the existence of cross-dimensional, magic-using, wandering body-less spirits that Tatsuya describes as 'independent psion information bodies that originated from the human psyche', body organs vital to life or magic become unclear.

Quote:
That first quote doesn't mean anything. It only says it could work if it had a chance of revival. That doesn't guarantee that it will. That's the same as trying to use a defibrillator to restart a person's heart.
Tatsuya's magic works more like a time machine on physical failure, rather than simple resuscitation. And whether its guaranteed or not is besides the point. Tatsuya stated what his ability could achieve in the face reviving a person who has brain failure. And since in the novel we've seen that a brain isn't vital for using magic only the pushion information body that is the mind, it leaves open the possibility.

Quote:
Related to zone interference . The fact that tatsuya can freely cast his magic has nothing to do with the zone interference strength since normal magicians use the spell to create and modify the eidos(systematic magic), the interference in that process will have effect but tatsuya magic unique hence zone interference even cast jamming are useless.
More specifically, the explanation given in the novel is that Tatsuya uses his counter-magic which doesn't alter the eidos to first destroy defensive magics or cast jamming, then he can freely uses his offensive magic. With the details given in Lina, Tats and Miyuki's final fight against the parasites, we can see that even Tatsuya's offensive (eidos erasing) magic will also be severely affected by a powerful zone interference.

Quote:
Well I agree and believe she's above A rank. While its never stated she's A-ank, it has been stated a few times that her raw talent alone makes her one of the most powerful magicians in Japan and in the world.

Quote:
Its an interesting question. Since not all magic is offensive it depends on what application the spell has I suppose. The stated spell ranks seemed to be based on the strength, speed, scale magic sequence system. Destruction-wise, what we do know is that:

- Psions are used by the Cad to create an activation sequence and the actual spell's design efficiency, requirement as sustained or as a one off, duration and magician's skill determines that consumption of psions. Duration and repetition being the main one's that would directly affect reality. E.g. Ichijou having to continue to pour on his magic and consume psions to slowly roast the v7 invaders.
- A greater interference strength means a more powerful straightforward and longer lasting result in reality. E.g. a cooling breeze versus a tornado strength gale wind.
- However depending on the spell's purpose, a simple spell can enhance a normally harmless force or event and produce destructive results-e.g. increasing sound via oscillation of waves; or a complex spell can also produce unnatural chemical, biological and environmental actions that also lead to destructive results. Hanzo's 9 schools combo magics, suffocation via Kanon's v7 magic spells, Mai's mind manipulation combining air manipulation magic and magic botany.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:56   Link #78
Echizen777

Quote:

Well I agree and believe she's above A rank. While its never stated she's A-ank, it has been stated a few times that her raw talent alone makes her one of the most powerful magicians in Japan and in the world.
You do know that S rank doesn't exist, right? The strongest spells known are considered A rank. A rank is the top and there are many A rank magicians.
Old 2014-04-12, 16:02   Link #79
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
You do know that S rank doesn't exist, right? The strongest spells known are considered A rank. A rank is the top and there are many A rank magicians.
S rank=Strategic magic
A rank=Tactical magic

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 16:15   Link #80
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
I agree but both counts, it is particularly true for duals between high level magicians. Miyuki pwned Lina because she has a magic power rivaling with and because she used her magic cleverly. But if you replace Miyuki with Leo for example, he would have lost no matter what because Lina's MP is too strong compared to his.
i know that...but leo is also at disadvantage because of the type of magic he uses.Seems that there are types of magic that are better against other types of magic. Like jummonji phalanx will be a even match for tatsuya mist dispersal, or tatsuya decomposition will own his aunt magic even through she way more powerful then both him and miyuki.

this stuff make determining who's gonna pawn who even more challenging. Every character has his own strengths and weaknesses but in terms of combat ability tatsuya stands above everyone else.Even his own unit members that are soldiers and have seen though some real battles in they're lives considers tatsuya to be terrifying.