AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-12, 10:34   Link #61
Frontier

Aileen is ready to steal victory in the White Lily Princess contest! No other woman can compare, especially Selena! And she does it so effortlessly !

The student council all stumbling over themselves in front of Aileen is adorable. It's like they've finally become a classic Reverse Harem and yet everybody (except Walt) still thinks she's just a dude in drag. But points to James for his forwardness .

Isaac may not have been able to make his move when Aileen needed him most, but he was there for Rachel, and Rachel is more than willing to praise him as much as she can! And emboldened by that love and how far she's come, she's even able to ward off Selena with some quality sass all her own! I'm proud of her !

So I guess Aileen's Holy Sword Maiden powers let her peer into James' past and help remove the Demon Incense from his body? Handy !

Turns out Selena was basically a pawn in all this, having been manipulated into trying to orchestrate the events of the second game and make herself out to be the Heroine, even if she had no idea what she was really doing or the fact that this...really wasn't the same situation as the games, leaving her high and dry and culpable for what happened. It doesn't really make me sympathize with her or her situation at all, but knowing she was basically used (even if she went along with it willingly) makes me wonder what will happen to her .

I love how Aileen is all ready to act as the wife of the Demon Lord and stop the demons herself...and that's when Claude flies in and reacts about how you'd expect to realizing Aileen was there the whole time. Like, who needs a dramatic climax of Claude stopping all the demons? We're just here to see him tease and punish Aileen .

Welp, Aileen's in the dog house! Or should I say ice cage? A duck costume isn't going to be enough to get her out of this one, although knowing how far she went to try and protect him and keep the peace at least earns her a stay of execution .

Wow, Aileen's roping all the student council as her new subordinates! The power of a true Villainess and surprise Reverse Harem protagonist! I'm glad we won't be forgetting about Rachel and the boys as we move settings .

So Aileen finally figures out the true mastermind behind this plot and how they could be the mastermind...Lilia, who reveals that she too is a reincarnated player of the game, but unlike Aileen who sees the reality of their situation and the characters as people, Lilia still thinks she's playing a game and doesn't care what happens to anyone else so long as she's amused and enjoying herself. And Aileen has no way of properly exposing her. She is truly setting herself up as Aileen's greatest opponent .

A kiss on the cheek...a kiss on the forehead...are they saving a kiss on the lips for the wedding? First Aileen's got to meet her future father-in-law !

Looks like in the next arc we have Aileen in masquerade...and captured by an incognito Claude !?
Old 2022-11-12, 11:17   Link #62
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I sort of like the episodic nature of this series. Next arc looks interesting as well.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 11:23   Link #63
ryllharu

Ah, I was wrong about Selena, she was just being manipulated by Lilia, who turned out to be much more nefarious than she appeared to be in the first arc.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 16:26   Link #64
Rasty

So, is there any reason why Aileen doesn't get rid of Lilia? With her and Claud's current powers and Lilia's meager background (and terrible reputation), it should be laughably easy to just push her into prison indefinitely.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 16:33   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
So, is there any reason why Aileen doesn't get rid of Lilia? With her and Claud's current powers and Lilia's meager background (and terrible reputation), it should be laughably easy to just push her into prison indefinitely.
It seems like Aileen didn't have any clear-cut evidence linking Lilia to Selena's crimes.
Old 2022-11-12, 16:59   Link #66
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It seems like Aileen didn't have any clear-cut evidence linking Lilia to Selena's crimes.
That might be true, but considering the difference in standing and influence, shouldn't just circumstantial evidence (or a few forged crimes) be enough? They are not playing on an even field and aristocratic society tends to be much more "flexible" in the interpretation of the law as long as both sides don't have the same background or the whole affair isn't too public.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 17:09   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Even without prison... How about exiling her to some country that wasn't in any of the games? She stabbed Aileen. Even if that was swept under the rug.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 21:17   Link #68
Frontier

Considering what we know about Lilia now, it would not surprise me if she's shored up her position enough to where they can't simply eliminate her. At least not easily.
Old 2022-11-12, 22:18   Link #69
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even without prison... How about exiling her to some country that wasn't in any of the games? She stabbed Aileen. Even if that was swept under the rug.
That might be kinda difficult, otome games in villainess isekai tend to get an inordinate amount of sequels.
Old 2022-11-13, 00:20   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That might be kinda difficult, otome games in villainess isekai tend to get an inordinate amount of sequels.
Aileen and Claude's honeymoon is going to get hijacked by the plot of the 4th game, mark my words .
Old 2022-11-13, 01:37   Link #71
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Looking through the webnovel; it does explain why Aileen couldn't get rid of Lilia (plus more detail on Selena's ultimate fate). Unfortunately the anime cut those out.

Spoiler for Spoiler Lilia going free:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-13, 05:08   Link #72
magnuskn

I'm enjoying this series very much, actually more than Bakarina, because the lead is so much more assertive. Dang it, I think I kinda really like the whole "villainess as protagonist" thing.
Old 2022-11-13, 23:44   Link #73
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'm enjoying this series very much, actually more than Bakarina, because the lead is so much more assertive. Dang it, I think I kinda really like the whole "villainess as protagonist" thing.
You might also enjoy the authors' latest work, Win Over the Dragon Emperor This Time Around Noble Girl/Yarinaoshi Reijou wa Ryuutei Heika wo Kouryaku-chuu. The female lead in that one is also an assertive, brave and fearless action girl.
Old 2022-11-14, 01:28   Link #74
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
You might also enjoy the authors' latest work, Win Over the Dragon Emperor This Time Around Noble Girl/Yarinaoshi Reijou wa Ryuutei Heika wo Kouryaku-chuu. The female lead in that one is also an assertive, brave and fearless action girl.
I'll see if I can find it, thank you.

*edit* Alright, I found it. Yeah, it's a good story (and has great artwork), however I don't think I really love the "MC returned to the age of ten and has a romance" part of it. Makes for quite awkward reading at times.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2022-11-14 at 07:02.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 10:30   Link #75
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I'll see if I can find it, thank you.

*edit* Alright, I found it. Yeah, it's a good story (and has great artwork), however I don't think I really love the "MC returned to the age of ten and has a romance" part of it. Makes for quite awkward reading at times.
I mainly love Dragon Emperor for its plot and strong MC.
Manga artwork is by the same artist who did the manga adaptation for Villainess Taming the Final Boss too.

I do agree the age gap romance angle is quite awkward and could put off some readers; although it should be noted that

Spoiler for spoiler age gap:

IMO TLDR a very fun story with kickass characters, but not recommended for those who can't stand extreme physical age gaps at all (despite the circumstances involved).
Old 2022-11-18, 23:06   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm honestly enjoying Lilia as an antagonist. Mostly because she does bring up some interesting points that Aileen and other protagonists in her shoes tend to ignore. It is a game world. Without interference or changes from either of them these people are following the script of the game. Now she's hardly trying to delve too deeply into the obvious question of what the world they are currently in even is. How does a world that is based on the writings of a visual novel even exist? What's the connection and how did these two end up here?

Aileen has just summed it up as this being reality and the people around them are the same as she and Lilia. But are they? Maybe this is just a fever dream the two of them are having in a coma or something.

In the end Lilia is just having a twisted kind of fun with it. She's even taking having her main protagonist spot taken pretty well. If Aileen is going to be the protagonist then Lilia will have fun playing the villain.

Now of course i don't blame Aileen for not wanting to play games with Lilia and being frustrated that she can't pin any crimes on her. But having an opponent that knows the scenarios like her allows for the story to goo in interesting directions.
Old 2022-11-19, 07:42   Link #77
Tenzen12

If you go that far, you would also have to ask is our world "real". Do free will exist or is everything predermined? And honestly unlike real world answer in this novel world is much clearer. Yes, free will exist here, because once circumistances changed characters stopped follow script and racted to it, thus just fact Aileen even were able change story, prove Lilia wrong.
Old 2022-11-19, 10:35   Link #78
Frontier

Claude still seems sentimental and not malicious towards his younger brother, despite everything Cedric has done up to this point. He even warns Cedric that Lilia will probably get tired of him if he keeps acting the obedient dog...and in turn Cedric actually warns Claude about Lilia cooking something up. Honestly did not expect that from him .

Look at Aileen! Dressed to the nines and going undercover with her subordinates at a black market sale of cute demon animals so she can expose and capture the bidders and organizers! Who better to fight crime and expose criminal nobles than a hot Villainess herself .

Oh hey, Kouki Uchiyama! He even gets his own addition to the OP! Elephas seems like a nice enough guy, and useful with his magic, and all he seems out to do is free his family from their forced imprisonment because of their magic power. So far he seems to be on their side, but if he was the villain of the fan disk, it's kind of suspicious that he's already an ally so early into this. Could there be more going on with him ?

I see now that Claude is ready to do it with Aileen, right there and now, on a sofa if need be. And he doesn't mind an audience .

Claude is as chad as ever. Kiss your girls forehead, tell you love her, and then whisk her to bed before she faints from sheer romantic embarrassment .

Bathing Aileen was a nice sight !

If only Aileen had remembered the plot of the fan disk earlier...since it involves Claude gaining amnesia (of all things) which is how the game let him be a romantic interest for Lilia again. So not only does Claude not remember her, but his family seems keen on not only separating Claude from his rightful title as Demon Lord but annulling Aileen and Claude's engagement !

Oh, so Rachel is now Aileen's maid, basically? She wears the uniform well !

The Empress Dowager looks...Japanese? I guess that explains why it doesn't look like she's aged since her teen years, despite being Claude and Cedric's grandmother, but it seems like she's pretty playful and vicious in her own way. I guess Aileen will have to really test her mettle against her while also foiling Lilia's current plot .

I love how Selena gets a bio in this episode even when she's not even in it .

Did they really think they could keep Aileen away from Claude? And look at her in that soldier uniform! Aileen really looks amazing in anything .

Huh, so the Holy Sword is actually sentient? Maybe don't threaten it while using it's powers, Aileen .

Poor Aileen...she's just happy to see the man she loves safe and doing okay, and then he utters another womans' name and doesn't recognize her. Not that that will deter her, of course !

My, how the tables turn! Now we have Aileen seducing a bashful and innocent Claude, declaring her love for him, and kissing him! It kind of feels full circle that now Aileen has proposed to him again and this time will be the main aggressor to make him fall for her and remember her once more! She's already wormed her way into his head !
Old 2022-11-19, 10:35   Link #79
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Obligatory amnesia arc. This series has gotten quite good the further its gone into the LNs.
Old 2022-11-19, 14:29   Link #80
Tenzen12

Quite surprised Cedric has some decency in him, both because how he was written up to this point as and because villainess stories generally don't do that. Claude in other hand is such maiden, I can understand Aileen reaction

Aileen herself is such funny loveable heroine. Definitelly best one as far as anime adaptations goes.