AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-15, 08:21   Link #61
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

really fortunate for Sarasa to have met her teacher. Would have been impossible to become an alchemist without that pendant.

well, she could just take off the artifact if she needs to beat down someone strong.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 18:11   Link #62
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
But I do wonder how the klutz has managed to live this long in a dangerous profession.
10% luck,
5% skill,
50% concentrated power of will,
5% pleasure
50% pain
100% the well-deserved love of her competent girlfriend
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-21, 12:15   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

Ruthless murder of bandits? I approve.
Old 2022-11-21, 14:25   Link #64
zeross87

ooooh she really killed them all ? now that what i like to see. they won't be taking any one else live now.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-22, 04:25   Link #65
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

she will take breasts from other girls? Good thing it's just a joke. xD

anyway, liking how Sarasa is consistent when angered during a fight. I remember on the episode where a Grizzly threatened Lorea. She got mad and still killed the bear, even when the bear was already trying to run away. This time she killed bandits who already surrendered, because she got angry on the things they said.

and that greedy merchant must have taken great financial loss from thousands of near worthless bat fangs.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2022-11-22 at 04:43.
Old 2022-11-22, 19:58   Link #66
Rasty

^ Yeah, he lost quite a lot, though seems like it is mostly offset by the loans he was "giving" to the other alchemists.

I wonder why Sarasa didn't cycle the fangs. If Laura sold her back the fangs for a reasonable price she could transport them back and sell them for additional profit. Is it possible to judge how long ago the fang has been taken and it would get found out straight away?

Also seems like Iris and Kate made a pretty decent dent in their debts too (1/4th in just this episode).

I wonder how he was planning to take Sarasa down with this anyway. The hats aren't her only product and as long as she doesn't go over production costs (which would be bad business from her) she just has to earn a tiny bit to cover her food and necessities. This would work great on ones already in debt (have to earn sizable money to return it every month), but does that mean he hasn't even checked her situation?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 19:32   Link #67
Ghostfriendly

Obvious villain was obvious and not very interesting. His 'arc' was shallowly dealt with; showing the young alchemists he exploited, and their rescue by Sarasa, would've made for a touching and interesting plotline a la Log Horizon. Sarasa's views on 'the body her parents gave her' will certainly not be shared by everyone, particularly not trans people, but they are at least presented as only her views. Because the body most fundamentally belongs to the individual; it's because it's there's that they can choose to modify it or leave it unchanged.

It's fairly reasonable to show the rich as simply corrupted by arrogance and power. Persons at the bottom of the social heap, however, can be pushed by external factors into banditry. They can be ex-soldiers without a war, outlaws or outcasts with no means of support but crime...or nasty, arrogant thugs and rapists. Regardless, the sniggering brutes straight out of Fist of the North Star are dehumanised as the worst kind of orc; nuanced and useful to good storytelling as a hole in the head. Never mind; the girls still look cute when they're eating.
Old 2022-11-24, 07:12   Link #68
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Rasty

the scummy merchant probably underestimated her. When he realized buying fangs is not working, he told his thugs to rob Sarasa.. well, he thinks robbing her a few times would cause her to go bankrupt? The plan backfired, because she killed the bandits instead, and even gained money, because she took the dead bandits money.
Old 2022-11-24, 16:45   Link #69
Rasty

^ That reminds me, that income has not been shown in the final list of the episode. Was it so meager or did Sarasa start keeping hidden funds .
Old 2022-11-28, 14:25   Link #70
Rasty

Episode 9:
This time I think it's really Sarasa's fault. Since she explained the bees to them she really should have told them that it is poisonous. Anyone would try tasking it unless it smells or tastes terrible.

I wonder whether this cliffhanger with the parents is really a prelude to some drama (parents found out that their daughters are in debt and fear they are getting exploited) or it's just a false flag.
Old 2022-11-29, 09:38   Link #71
Liddo-kun
is this so?

ep. 9

the delicious honey has a nasty surprise. Thankfully, Sarasa is able to make a cheap cure, which taste bad. It's a nice contrast, the poison taste good, but the cure taste bad. LOL
those guys probably suffered even more, because they ate more of the honey.

if this fictional honey is real.. adding it to honey roasted hotdogs and selling them in a hotdog stand would be one nasty prank.

got serious all of a sudden near the end. The parents have come.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2022-11-29, 12:17   Link #72
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty fun ep, at those girls' expense .
Old 2022-11-29, 20:55   Link #73
Ghostfriendly

Toilet humour was a bit too embarrassing for the girls; Iris got a few chances to look good, just to set up another pratfall. Portaloo was a nice idea, and Lorea was really making up to Sarasa this episode.
Old 2022-12-01, 02:32   Link #74
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 05:36.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-06, 07:11   Link #75
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

those gatherer guys are lucky indeed to have met Sarasa. They are learning so much from her.. just from this ep, they learned that it's not safe to approach certain parts of the volcano due to toxic fumes, also how to avoid getting a broken leg when facing a Lava Lizard.

lizards displaced the bears, because the lizards can find food in places where the heat is too much for the bears? Not sure, but that's how I understood it. Also the lizards are tough enough to resist bear claws.

biggest surprise for me is Iris being a noble. Her father looks like a genuinely nice person. I hope their problem will get solved.

looking forward to next week.
Old 2022-12-06, 13:15   Link #76
zeross87

Ah yes Mt. Velus boss is gonna be though. They're gonna need the ice cascade bomb for this one.

Spoiler for Large image:
Old 2022-12-06, 20:59   Link #77
Twi

Oh, all three protagonists of the Arland trilogy.
Old 2022-12-07, 02:15   Link #78
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Translation question: When Sarasa sees Kate's mother, Crunchyroll claims she says, "I've never seen someone from a different race before," which makes no sense. Obviously she's seen Kate, and if Kate's mother is from a different race, then so is she, even if only half. Her skin isn't as dark as her mother's, but she's got the pointy ears. So is that really what Sarasa said?

For a moment, I wondered if Iris and Kate were half-sisters, with the same dad, but I guess not.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-07, 03:12   Link #79
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Translation question: When Sarasa sees Kate's mother, Crunchyroll claims she says, "I've never seen someone from a different race before," which makes no sense. Obviously she's seen Kate, and if Kate's mother is from a different race, then so is she, even if only half. Her skin isn't as dark as her mother's, but she's got the pointy ears. So is that really what Sarasa said?

For a moment, I wondered if Iris and Kate were half-sisters, with the same dad, but I guess not.
they said her family are servant of iris family. they didn't say a thing about a non-official side relationship between them
Old 2022-12-07, 13:06   Link #80
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Yeah, it doesn't make sense, but it's not a translation problem. The original says the same. I guess Kate is just not different enough for her to click as a different race.

By this point, I think there is a serious need for some paid lecture service for the gatherers. They knew too little to both make money and save their lives.