AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 9 28.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-03-26, 06:25   Link #61
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckbeine View Post
You see, Yanagida isnt a lousy shot. He pretty much aimed for Delilah's feet, cause if he aimed at Delilah's chest like all trained with firearms do, he'd risk hitting Noriko at a crossfire.

So, yeah, Yanagida is at disadvantage.
That could be true. Noriko was behind Delilah, and I remember cringing when he was blazing away hoping he wouldn't shoot Noriko!
Old 2016-03-26, 07:41   Link #62
Yan3242

Quote:
She cries because subconsciously she know that she created a way for many innocents to be killed.
I think she cries because deep inside she want to be saved too, when you have your kingdom perish, labeled as traitor and end up being a slave. Tyuule see Pina like her oldself, if itami didnt come pina is pretty much will become 2nd tyuule.

But the difference is, pina has itami and others, she has "Band of heroes" that will come to save her eventually, tyuule dont have anyone.

Tyuule probably thinking the posibility if at that time she start screaming asking for help too (itami and others doesnt know tyuule is the mastermind afterall)

Tyuule just miss her one and probably her last chance to turn everything away for a new good life, she realized that later thus crying. At least thats the way i see it.
Old 2016-03-26, 08:27   Link #63
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
In any case, what a great series but I don't think A-1 Pictures will make another season due to the controversy surrounding GATE.
How so? I know it's 2016 and everyone is offended by every little thing, but still...lol. Tell me more xD
Old 2016-03-26, 11:30   Link #64
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Damn, those... lopsided ships. Sometimes makes me think if the author is closet ephebophile or something.
Actually, Sherry is too young for it to qualify as ephebophilia. It's all lolicon anyway. Don't think about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
was it the Archer-class soldier that made the snipe shot near Zorzal?

Damn, I wish they had mentioned who shot it
He only took so many people along with him, and all of those were accounted for. It would have been one of the team stationed in the capital, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
How so? I know it's 2016 and everyone is offended by every little thing, but still...lol. Tell me more xD
Probably talking about the usual groups who take every little development on the show as another example of "JAPAN BANZAI!!!!" Typical "someone who is somehow related to you once did something bad to to someone with an equally tenuous relationship to me, so I get to hate you unconditionally" crowd. Feel free to ignore them along with the rest of the perpetually offended, and maybe one day, when people get tired of allowing that kind of thing to hold any political power, we might actually be able to solve some of the world's real problems.
Old 2016-03-26, 12:28   Link #65
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Consistently good episodes = great anime. GATE qualifies.
Old 2016-03-26, 14:37   Link #66
rladls2121

As for why there no coupling for female SDF soldiers like Kuribayashi and that other female officer who does the nursing did I get this part right?

I don't recall any male characters from the Special Region that are standing out and memorable as much as those female knights and those female creatures.

Just look at Zorzal, as much as he stands out compared to some other male characters from the Speical Region, the possibility is too slim for him to hook up with someone at this point, I don't know about Tyuule though.

Male characters rather stands out more from the SDF's side and female characters stands out rather much more from the Special Region's side compared to male SDF main casts.

At least to me.
Old 2016-03-26, 15:11   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Kuribayashi wants a strong mate so she can get even stronger children. I wonder if:
- she'd be interested in one of the nonhumans, some of whom are bound to have greater physical abilities than we do?
- that guy could give her the children she wants?
Old 2016-03-26, 15:18   Link #68
Brother Coa
Banned

Actually, I heard that in original draft of GATE Kuribayashi was primary love interest for Itami and Princess Pina would act as jealous Tsundere type.

I have no doubt that she actually wants captain but doesn't want to admit that.
Old 2016-03-26, 16:37   Link #69
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

All I care about was that I got the militaristic version of Outbreak Company that I always wanted, and it was a 24 episode series too

If they really wanted it, just Itami and his harem could've taken Zolzal's head and everything would've ended, but of course that's not going to happen.
Old 2016-03-26, 17:58   Link #70
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Actually, I heard that in original draft of GATE Kuribayashi was primary love interest for Itami and Princess Pina would act as jealous Tsundere type.

I have no doubt that she actually wants captain but doesn't want to admit that.
She wasn't a primary love interest, just one of girls who kinda develops a feeling for Itami.
Pina wasn't a tsundere either, she was simply a desperate royal who became antagonistic.

Basically Kuri was demoted to a side-character and Pina was placed in her romantic position instead.
Old 2016-03-26, 18:08   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
All I care about was that I got the militaristic version of Outbreak Company that I always wanted, and it was a 24 episode series too

If they really wanted it, just Itami and his harem could've taken Zolzal's head and everything would've ended, but of course that's not going to happen.
Yeah... When Zorzal claimed he could still fight with Itami, I really wanted Itami to say "Fair enough." and just shoot him. Not necessarily to kill. I'd have been content with a kneecap.
Old 2016-03-26, 20:36   Link #72
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

*Pew pew pew*

Kraken dead.

That's how I felt about the fight scene :P

I'm hoping for a Season 3. Regardless of what happens, I'll be following the Manga. It was a good ride. Hopefully, it will continue.
Old 2016-03-27, 00:13   Link #73
rladls2121

Itami Youji, so he priorities his hobbies over work.
But that didn't mean he is lazy with his work.
It was for his hobbies he worked hard for, at least to me I guess.
If his first priority is his hobbies, I think his work comes whether second or third.
Even though he seems to be lazy when off duty, I'm not sure anymore.

Youji, he said he is 33 years old and yet Lelei is still 15 and came to this wife position because she once slept near him.
More than 2 times of age difference between them, thinking about the number of age of these two my mind blank.
Somehow it feels different than Sugawara's case, but that's just me.

Too bad for the giant ogre part though, while the ogre is fighting with the demi-god and the magician, the Empire soldiers were just standing there when they might have done something about Itami at that moment couldn't they?

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-03-27 at 00:39.
Old 2016-03-27, 02:04   Link #74
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Somehow it feels different than Sugawara's case, but that's just me.
That's because Lelei is employed as the official head interpreter of the JSDF, and in every scene she is treated as an adult.

It is very hard to see Lelei as a child when she never acted like one. For all intent and purposes Lelei is fully independent, as is considered the norm in the GATE world.

The irony is that Tuka is the most childish of the main female cast. She is old but the one closest to being a kid, due to her elf biology and culture.
Old 2016-03-27, 09:52   Link #75
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

for a last episode, it was pretty disappointing. even if it doesn't follow the novel (which i don't really care that it doesn't,) it seemed a weaker ep than we typically have for this series.

oh well, bring on season 3.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2016-03-27, 16:33   Link #76
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah... When Zorzal claimed he could still fight with Itami, I really wanted Itami to say "Fair enough." and just shoot him. Not necessarily to kill. I'd have been content with a kneecap.
I'd like to see him fight Kuribayashi one on one then get beaten up in front of his generals

edit: I forgot this has happened before, I want another round lol
Old 2016-03-27, 17:04   Link #77
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's because Lelei is employed as the official head interpreter of the JSDF, and in every scene she is treated as an adult.

It is very hard to see Lelei as a child when she never acted like one. For all intent and purposes Lelei is fully independent, as is considered the norm in the GATE world.

The irony is that Tuka is the most childish of the main female cast. She is old but the one closest to being a kid, due to her elf biology and culture.
And I think Rory's case feels to me is somewhere in between.

In appearance, it is hard to think Rory is an adult if not knowing her true identity.
Remember back where foreign soldiers were making gun noises outside at the Japanese style hotel in the modern world where Rory was actually going to commit a crime in attempted rape against Itami.
Stating the obvious, Yes Rory almost became a criminal, not Itami, I think Itami forgot at that moment that Rory's age was more than half of a century than his.
I also think Itami actually lied to himself thinking Rory is a "Legal Loli"(did i say this right?) or a actual child and thinking to himself he was going to commit a crime when he wasn't.
Itami, it is not your fault, it is Rory that who is just being conceited.
But Itami, you really should tell Rory his feeling before its too late.
It might become Itami's fault in the future considering Rory's strengths and power used to take away his freedom someday.

Looking at Yao's actions from the episode when she was a debut character whose sword was actually supposed to be pointed at not Itami, but Rory for taking advantage of her appearance, but ironically if Yao to be actually pointing a sword against Rory is way more foolish action to solve that problem.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2016-03-27 at 19:15.
Old 2016-03-27, 17:45   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
And I think Rory's case feels to me is somewhere in between.

In appearance, it is hard to think Rory is an adult if not knowing her true identity.
Not that hard. She may have a childish body, but nothing else about her suggests she isn't an adult.
Old 2016-03-27, 17:54   Link #79
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Have ppl never meet petite women or persons who look much younger than they really are?

PS: Ppl at my workplace would have never thought I am past 35 y/o until I tell them.
Old 2016-03-27, 19:20   Link #80
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not that hard. She may have a childish body, but nothing else about her suggests she isn't an adult.
I think she is more than just adult, no I think she is beyond ol.... er.... .
Just what should we consider her as!!!?
On top of that, this species is no human, a beyond human!!!

Whether to call her a child, teen, adult, but considering her actual age, im confused now.
Closed Thread