2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-20, 12:07   Link #61
RoboMambo

>Ep 6: the importance of teamwork
>Ep 7: bs into 1-on-1

Nice.

Burning has a hole in it's head and got a god finger in the face, but Destiny blows up from a knee in the chin. By this point I can comfotably say Sekai isn't any good beyond having the best Gunpla in the whole competition.

Besides yet anoher fistfight, there was some trite drama.

But there's something good, because the preview showed that the bad guys will have some awesome mobile suits. Although I'm pretty sure the Dodgore is a mobile armour. Does anyone recognize the other one?
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 13:28   Link #62
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I really enjoyed the fight between Sekai and Shimon. The lack of teamwork this week didn't bother me as much. The justification being Fumina and Yuuma's resolve wavering during the battle.
Old 2014-11-20, 13:47   Link #63
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Destiny Impulse is inferior to Destiny, he better modify it.

Simon didn't use the Wings of Light effectively.
Well, we all know that normal logic from the original series doesn't apply in this show considering a high tech MS can get owned by a low tech MS which normally wouldn't be able to defeat the high tech (Talking about Justice vs Zaku as in normal logic, Zaku's weapons are pretty much ineffective against Justice's Phase Shift Armor, but that doesn't apply here).

Destiny was overall a low tech in this episode due to how it was just built normally from the box and the manual. No paint, no special customization, nothing, so it did make sense how Simon had a bit of trouble with Destiny.

This means that if Simon had a high quality Gunpla similar to Build Burning Gundam, he would be a really powerful opponent. It's just that his Gunpla was too low tier.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 19:59   Link #64
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

really hope the kid remodles the Destiny Impulse because that color set looks ugly as hell
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 21:16   Link #65
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I don't mind the color myself.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 21:29   Link #66
s07195
However,

Dat straight up reference with Shimon's name and him saying 'Who do you think I am?'

I'm willing to give more leeway to Yuuma since we didn't see him 'testing his resolve', and I straight up doubt that Victory Gundam could have escaped that grip in that position, what with it being an SD Gundam.

One minor complaint: I still need to see more individual badass moments for Yuuma and Hoshino...

Also, does Destiny's Shining Finger even work as a balled-up fist? I'm not going to go into the shonen hijinks at the end. Still found the fight better than the first few posts suggested (serves me right for reading the forum first. )

More Fumina/Sekai shipping. I swear, all other ships are dead now.
Old 2014-11-20, 21:39   Link #67
kuroihikari2

Winning could've escaped by splitting up. Yuuma and Fumina really dropped the ball, when it was their dream that Sekai protected.

I like it that way, frankly. Fumina and Yuuma really haven't screwed up mentally, they have done everything right so far. This was an episode all about resolve. Just having a dream is not enough when you consider you'll be stepping on other people's dreams along the way.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 22:12   Link #68
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Destiny was overall a low tech in this episode due to how it was just built normally from the box and the manual. No paint, no special customization, nothing, so it did make sense how Simon had a bit of trouble with Destiny.
It actually had a little bit of paint, touch ups, primarily on the face's "tears" (the red parts)

Otherwise it was all cut out and stickered, straight build at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
really hope the kid remodles the Destiny Impulse because that color set looks ugly as hell
Uh those are its standard colors.....
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 01:39   Link #69
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Even with that excuse, I feel that Shimon is still not using the Destiny as well as he could have, for example, by staying on or close to the ground and trying to outdo the Build Burning Gundam in a straight up fist fight.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 05:08   Link #70
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

The way the swimming team self-destructed was funny. I love the way how they insisted that they were loved by the battlefield. It was pure comedy gold.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 05:25   Link #71
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even with that excuse, I feel that Shimon is still not using the Destiny as well as he could have, for example, by staying on or close to the ground and trying to outdo the Build Burning Gundam in a straight up fist fight.
Shimon is a national boxing champion before, boxing is his primary style;
He's also expressing interests to fight Sekai 1-on-1 through fist before they set up the GP Base.

At least, even with low quality Gunpla, his cross-counter is strong enough to make a hole in Build Burning head.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 05:54   Link #72
desrtsku
Nympholept

Now, this really is the Build Fighters I'm used to.
Old 2014-11-21, 07:41   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Shimon is a national boxing champion before, boxing is his primary style;
He's also expressing interests to fight Sekai 1-on-1 through fist before they set up the GP Base.

At least, even with low quality Gunpla, his cross-counter is strong enough to make a hole in Build Burning head.

Indeed, which makes for a disappointing battle.
Old 2014-11-21, 08:20   Link #74
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

To each their own, I suppose. I'm personally amazed by how well Shimon actually managed to utilize Destiny to his own fighting style AND land considerable damage on a superior opponent.
Old 2014-11-21, 08:57   Link #75
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Indeed, which makes for a disappointing battle.
I'm not really sure if Shimon will gain advantage better if relying on weapons;
Sekai evade his beam shots, remove his shields and beam cannon, kick the beam boomerangs without difficulity.

Even if Shimon insists staying in the air, I bet the fight will still end up as a fist fight on the ground.
Looking at how Shimon evade and counter Babylonia's attacks, he won't have problem to bring fist fight in the air.

It won't be much different outcome also, considering Destiny lower build quality.
Even if you say "Use the Wings of Light effectively", remember that even PPSE builders need time to adjust Amazing Exia's SP - Trans-Am.
Mamoru's Destiny is just a snap-build, I'm not sure if the wings are working good enough to utilize any special effect as written in it's specification.
Old 2014-11-22, 04:22   Link #76
monster

Quote:
I'm not really sure if Shimon will gain advantage better if relying on weapons;
Sekai evade his beam shots, remove his shields and beam cannon, kick the beam boomerangs without difficulity.

Even if Shimon insists staying in the air, I bet the fight will still end up as a fist fight on the ground.
Looking at how Shimon evade and counter Babylonia's attacks, he won't have problem to bring fist fight in the air.

It won't be much different outcome also, considering Destiny lower build quality.
Even if you say "Use the Wings of Light effectively", remember that even PPSE builders need time to adjust Amazing Exia's SP - Trans-Am.
Mamoru's Destiny is just a snap-build, I'm not sure if the wings are working good enough to utilize any special effect as written in it's specification.
The weapons were removed without difficulty due in part to Shimon deciding to face a more fighting-oriented gunpla head on.

The first battle actually shows a good use for the fist as a supplement.

The problem here is that Shimon chose to stand his ground rather than attempt to even make use of Destiny's speed, which should not be anywhere near as hard to use as Trans-Am.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:00   Link #77
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
The problem here is that Shimon chose to stand his ground rather than attempt to even make use of Destiny's speed, which should not be anywhere near as hard to use as Trans-Am.
Alan, PPSE skilled builder, need to adjust Amazing Exia to make sure the Trans-Am worked in 100% output (match original Trans-Am).
Considering build quality, I'm not sure if Mamoru's Destiny really had equal output compare to original Destiny, especially the wings output which deciding it's additional speed.

While Build Burning, with it's build quality, able to reach SBS level of movement and mobility without any pack attached.
IMO, Sekai won't have any problem to close the gap even if Shimon use Wings of Light to increase both his movement and mobility; still lead to a fist fight on the ground.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:26   Link #78
monster

Quote:
Alan, PPSE skilled builder, need to adjust Amazing Exia to make sure the Trans-Am worked in 100% output (match original Trans-Am).
Considering build quality, I'm not sure if Mamoru's Destiny really had equal output compare to original Destiny, especially the wings output which deciding it's additional speed.

While Build Burning, with it's build quality, able to reach SBS level of movement and mobility without any pack attached.
IMO, Sekai won't have any problem to close the gap even if Shimon use Wings of Light to increase both his movement and mobility; still lead to a fist fight on the ground.
Even if what you say is true, it's unfortunately irrelevant as Shimon doesn't even seem to try, doomed to stick to his boxing/fighting tendency. (Well, actually, I think there's probably more to boxing than just rushing to punch your opponent.)
Old 2014-11-22, 06:30   Link #79
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Even if what you say is true, it's unfortunately irrelevant as Shimon doesn't even seem to try, doomed to stick to his boxing/fighting tendency. (Well, actually, I think there's probably more to boxing than just rushing to punch your opponent.)
The problem is, Destiny itself is inferior from the beginning.
Shimon had no choice to increase it's output using his own way, his main combat style (boxing style).
Just like Sekai at the first episode, which quickly decided to use martial arts, realizing weapons won't help much for him.

If Destiny quality is equal to Build Burning, I expect Senpu Tatsumaki-geri will get blocked by the beam shields.

Old 2014-11-22, 07:49   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Shimon had no choice
Of course he did, and he made it.