1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-12, 23:58   Link #61
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Indeed. One punch to end the fight is ridiculously boring.
What about Shining/God (Burning) Finger? Domon does that finishing move most of the time.

With that said, Sekai is a martial artist so he should have more moves other than punches.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 00:06   Link #62
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
What about Shining/God (Burning) Finger? Domon does that finishing move most of the time.
You're talking as if love for G-Gundam is universal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
With that said, Sekai is a martial artist so he should have more moves other than punches.
Yeah I love martial arts but the point of martial ARTS is variety.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:13   Link #63
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
if G-Gundam is now re-aired, it will get the same complain from me.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 00:21   Link #64
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yeah I love martial arts but the point of martial ARTS is variety.
Exactly, but it seems that we're taking this seriously since GBF Try is a kids show.

Honesty, I'm sick of having complaints regarding Build Burning Gundam's punches as finishing moves. And I'm not saying that it's bad to be a nitpicking viewer, it's just so sad to see the same comments over and over.

Anyways, let's move on to nicer things please.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 01:38   Link #65
kuroihikari2

So far, Sekai is just extremely overwhelming in melee. We haven't had someone with Nils' martial arts skill or Fellini's resourcefulness or Reiji andYuuki's overall talent that could possibly go toe-to-toe with him in melee. And for good reason, those were all world-class fighters. Other than that, Seiji didn't fight those world class fighters until well into the later half of the show.

Really, Sekai's gonna beat the pulp of anyone that he can get close to. That means, one or two punches and it's over. And he should, because that's really all he can do. He should at least not get problems from non world-class talent in melee range at this stage of the game. I expect that at later stages of the show, that talent that can go toe-to-toe with him in melee would start trickling in. Sakai already shown glimpses of that.

But it doesn't mean that he's dominating. Because the solution to him is really simple: outmaneuvre him. That's what Odessa did, that's what SRSC did. He has actually never had a fight where he just dominated. That's because in this format, he really can't.

For me, his "hissatsu waza" are not the punches themselves, but the different means in which he can get close to the enemy. A couple of times so far it's sheer speed and maneuverability, one time it was the suppressive sniping from Yuuma, and three times it has been Fumina inviting aggro. And it's not like he's a selfish kill-count hog, as he has supported in both the Odessa and SRSC fights.

If there was one thing I would like to improve, is better coordination between Yuuma and Sekai. They both work well with Fumina, but utterly suck with each other. There has not been a single fight for their team where these two didn't find themselves in an awkward strategic quandary because they couldn't work together.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 02:29   Link #66
ImperialKnight

Sooo just out of curiosity this wouldn't have worked if the battlefield was in space or something...

How do the teams know what field would be there or do they just optimize and hope for the best?

Quote:
Underwhelming is how I would describe for this week's battle. Considering how last season's tactical battle between Kampfer and K-9 was so exciting, I was expecting something just as good in comparison. Ez8 team deploying their tactics was a good start but all their work get instantly tarnished by some deus-ex machina.
Well no aside from being foreshadowed even Ral pointed out the flaw.

"Don't waste your time watching previous videos, they'll change their machines based on their opponents and your knowledge of what they did before will just be an obstacle."

And that's exactly what happened. The plan was tailored exactly to the last detail about the personality and machine limitations which made it perfect. The only problem is that the plan is so inflexible that if an unknown variable is thrown in the whole thing falls apart.

I thought the producers said there will be less knuckles this season? Or they still don't get it? Team Try fighter has yet to show me any wins with real strategy and they just seem force their way through with the power of the machines instead.[/quote]

Last edited by ImperialKnight; 2014-11-13 at 02:39.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 02:31   Link #67
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Sooo just out of curiosity this wouldn't have worked if the battlefield was in space or something...

How do the teams know what field would be there or do they just optimize and hope for the best?
They said it was like 'plan 16' so I assume they had a different plan for space or desert.
Old 2014-11-13, 09:51   Link #68
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
Excellent display of teamwork, I know right? Lol
Umm....bad teamwork is kinda the point of this episode, you know. This episode intentionally portray how Sekai still doesn't fully understand about Gunpla battle tactics and still can't work together well with others (especially Yuuma), so Fumina had to step up and support her cornered teammates. You can say she's a lot better-version of Sakura from Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
Underwhelming is how I would describe for this week's battle. Considering how last season's tactical battle between Kampfer and K-9 was so exciting, I was expecting something just as good in comparison. Ez8 team deploying their tactics was a good start but all their work get instantly tarnished by some deus-ex machina.

I thought the producers said there will be less knuckles this season? Or they still don't get it? Team Try fighter has yet to show me any wins with real strategy and they just seem force their way through with the power of the machines instead.

Now I think about it each battle so far have been underwhelming and yet to be as good as some of the battles in the first half of season 1. At this point I feel like I'm just watching for the character interactions, meanwhile the battle feel more like an afterthought.
Quote:
In six episodes of GBF we got uber ebin Flamenco driven deadly match with Yuuki.
In season 1, Reiji is a beginner-prodigy that can control, fight and use both Gunpla's ranged and melee weapons so well, so he only needs info/input and maintenance to pretty much continue owning his opponents, quite simple. Sei & Reiji can already worked together in episode 2 and by episode 3, they are already a solid-enough pair. In comparison, Sekai is a strong beginner but only knows how to fight melee and can't aim a gun for shit. Team Try Fighters is a lot more complicated than Sei-Reiji pair and (naturally) needs more time to develop. We see that in episode 5, in the first offical tournament they entered, they still pretty much work individually (aka. not yet solid as a team, plus the Sekai & Yuuma bickering). Here in episode 6, we see that both Sekai & Yuuma still tend to work individually and it's Fumina that really had to take the first step to get their act together by designing a mecha that can support both styles of fighting. So, you can see now that we're still pretty much in the developing-stage for our protagonist team. They are slowly growing, that's the point of the episodes we've seen so far. You can say the SeixReiji duo has smoother road to travel since they are only two people with Reiji having hax fighting-skill and Sei near-hax building skill and the regulations is not as limiting. Compared to that, of course Team Try Fighters will have a rocky and bumpier road since: 1) Sekai can only fight close-combat with his fists and feet and pretty much devoid of tactical skills and ranged weaponry skills, unlike Reiji, 2) Yuuma the genius builder (but still not on Sei's level) doesn't really like Sekai and rarely genuinely support him as a teammate. In fact, in the fights with Gyanko-team and GN-X-team, he just want to shoot the enemies himself but Sekai kept "bothering" him. This is very much unlike Sei who adore Reiji almost from the get go and will do anything to support his way of fighting. 3) As a team, Try Fighters still haven't spend enough time training together to work the chemistry. That kind of team/group dynamic is something that Sei & Reiji rarely have to face coz they're already close since early in the game and each role of the pair is clear & pretty much obvious (Reiji the fighter, Sei the builder and advisor) and each of them can pretty much train alone (which they actually did in season 1: Sei locked himself in his room building SBS while Reiji is practicing by kicking many kits' asses with Fellini in that Gunpla cafe or whatever).

So, the conclusion is: be patient a bit. This is pretty much a different (slower-developed) approach from season one, so you shouldn't really expect the same kind of awesomeness early on. I also see they're trying to focus more on the character-building this time than explosive battles (Not that the battles aren't good. They absolutely are. Where else can I see SD Gundam supporting normal Gundams and kicking normal MSs' asses?)

Quote:
Plot force comes again

> vulcan not effective
> NOW it's effective
Like others' have already adressed, the vulcans in SD Gundams are bigger than your standard HG vulcans (Especially the ones on the heads. SD's vulcans are practically giants compared to HG's vulcans).
Old 2014-11-13, 09:57   Link #69
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
He's talking about Mic Saunders 13th, a silly looking robot who transforms into a BRAVE GUITARIST who DEFEATS EVIL by the POWER OF ROCK!

And courage, but by the time Mic shows up, the courage is assumed to always set to be On.

I meant this Dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBRjdcEk40

Bomber !!!!!
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 11:19   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fumina is a way better builder than I thought. The Winning Gundam is brilliant machine. I just think it's a shame Fumina has been relegated to a pure support role, even if that was her choice. I would have like the only female of the team to kick ass on her own. Try seems to be all about teamwork though, so it makes sense.
Old 2014-11-13, 12:45   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the major flaw for the opposition was not just how their plan could fall apart when things happened outside expectations, but the fact that they mostly ignored the Winning Gundam and Build Burning Gundam. They focused enough on the personalities of Fumina and Sekai, but assumed the only unit to be afraid of was the Lightning Gundam. Don't ignore the SD or it will Winning Road all over you !

Certainly props to Fumina for how much she is the captain and core of that team. Could have made something pure offense based and done alright, but as the leader knew that wouldn't necessarily give them the best chance of victory. Maybe in the later half she'll upgrade once the other two have leveled up their teamwork a little.
Old 2014-11-13, 13:50   Link #72
monster

So far, Fumina has been more impressive than Yuuma at building gunpla. He better starts showing his skill soon.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 14:15   Link #73
HandofFate

On what basis does everyone keep underestimating Fumina just because she has an SD gundam?
Old 2014-11-13, 14:44   Link #74
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So far, Fumina has been more impressive than Yuuma at building gunpla. He better starts showing his skill soon.
Given what we saw in episode 2, I imagine it'll be a subplot point.
Old 2014-11-13, 16:20   Link #75
Esclair

Quote:
I think Yuuma has technical excellence, but Fumina has superb outside the box thinking. You need both to be a truly good gunpla master.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 17:01   Link #76
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Considering Yuuma's rivalry with Sakai and how he wants to both battle and build gunpla I am sure he will get his chance.
Old 2014-11-13, 19:30   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
On what basis does everyone keep underestimating Fumina just because she has an SD gundam?
That probably has something to do with it. But might also be a history thing. She's been part of a club that has not gotten anywhere in this tournament since she's been there. That combined with an SD Gundam probably leaves her unfairly low on the priority list of their opponents.

I'd think it's safe to say the SD Gundams don't get much credit since we really haven't seen one professionally compete in the original series or this one.
Old 2014-11-13, 19:49   Link #78
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Sakai, go away. Someone shit like you don't deserve a well endowed hotness of Fumina D:<
I find his character far more interesting than our burning knuckle, knucklehead. So I have no qualm shipping Sakai and Fumina at this point. I am sick, sick, sick of the Sekai's of anime
Old 2014-11-13, 20:18   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Interestingly enough, I quite like Sakai too as a character. He’s obviously not a saint, but I think he has the rights to be a bit angry in the situations we’re shown he was in. I mean, think about it, his customer only think of him as a “number 2” or “backup” when Yuuma declined the request to make that customized MG Queen Mantha, then he saw Sekai stomping little kids’ gunplas with his SD Gundams (he “returned the favor” by humiliating Sekai afterwards), then he learn that his one-and-only rival went to Gunpla battle tournaments instead of Artistic Gunpla tournaments where he can challenge him again, so of course he’s pissed. It’s like this show goes out of its way to troll Sakai. Sakai is cocky and has bad temper yes, but I think he is also an honest person, as in he’s not the kind of person that would sabotage his rival’s efforts or something like that and rather choose to confront them head on. So far, that’s what I get from his character. Whether his personality will get worse as the show goes, I have no idea. And it will certainly be interesting if he indeed falls for Fumina, but from this episode alone I did not sense that vibe outside of his professional assessment that said “She’s good”.
Old 2014-11-13, 20:43   Link #80
kuroihikari2

I agree. I think he's arrogant and cocky, and it's probably for a reason, but not repugnant.

Sekai is fine, too. Where would a shounen anime be without someone like him?
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote