2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-30, 04:12   Link #61
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Well, Mao was seemingly the second best battler in his school 7 years ago, and the only person ranked above him being already dead by now. It's not unreasonable to assume that Mao is the master now.

Yes, maybe Mao didn't reach the greatness of Chinan, but there's really no other candidate for the position that we know of.
Chinan said that Mao would reach his level by the time Mao's the same age as him.

Mao would probably reach Chinan's level a bit earlier, though, since he's a prodigy builder.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 04:13   Link #62
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Are we even talking about the same kit? Or do you have any bad experiences with HG Destiny? Because I have a HG Destiny and it’s a very good HG kit. It’s solid except for the wing-joints which can only wear off if you play with the Wings of Light too much. It’s one of the best HGs from SEED Destiny line. Its good proportion and decent articulation (especially in the shoulders) slap HG Strike Freedom & HG Infinite Justice in the face. Even HG Destiny’s feet are better-looking than the ungodly huge feet of RG Destiny. Also, the HG’s Wings of Light are sturdy, looks decent with nice-looking glitters, and not an exclusive (aka. it’s cheap). What more do you want? As for stickers and unpainted parts, those are the nature of HGs and that applies to almost every HG in existence except for maybe a limited few that get special treatment from Bandai.
Ok, I was over exaggerating here

I dont have bad personal experience with the HG Destiny (never built it but have handled it), rather all the HG SEED kits I have built never made it to the level of the HG 00/HGUC's I have built (minus the HGCE Strike mold I got to work with via Build Strike), so I have a generally lesser opinion of them

My bro built a HG Destiny which I actually got him for Christmas several years ago (one of first purchases ever). I dont dig the proportions that much, better than the SF/IJ, but not quite there (except for the feet vs the RG as you pointed out). The overall sturdiness was about the same as any kit using polycaps, articulation not bad, but nothing really good. The WoL was a nice addition, but I wish they were bigger like the MG's (to be expected from HG). No complaints on stickers/paining issues as thats about par for the course for HG's of that time

The one thing I will praise SEED kits for though is that many of the later ones came with stands, which you generally cannot find in other lines nearly as often

TLDR: I was over exaggerating, but all in all imo the HG Destiny is only a slightly above average kit, primarily due to its added accessories in the WoL and stand
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 04:46   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sakai vs. Sekai, and Onee-san is yandere for otouto - not to mention Mr. Ral's ass itching again?

I thought it was fun to see Odaiba recreated so perfectly for "G-Muse" - though there's a bit of wish-fulfilment along with the advertising for G-Front. The real thing isn't quite as elaborate as the re-creation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 05:08   Link #64
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

G-Muse is real Odaiba, after all they always said Tokyo.

When talking about model kit, you have to remember when was the first time it's produced. HG Destiny came out in 2006, an when you compare it in terms of engineering, you need to compare kits with the same line. It's not like UC kits in 2006 are particularly impressive.

... in which HG Akatsuki is significantly better than Destiny, followed by Stargazer and friends.
Old 2014-10-30, 06:34   Link #65
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I thought it was fun to see Odaiba recreated so perfectly for "G-Muse" - though there's a bit of wish-fulfilment along with the advertising for G-Front. The real thing isn't quite as elaborate as the re-creation.
This whole show is Gundam wish fulfillment. Simply reproducing Diver City into the show would've been a travesty.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 10:37   Link #66
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Re-watch, and just realized there's Toyota Auris Char Custom in G-Muse (while Sekai and Fumina ate Haro bread).

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 11:15   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why isn't this thread stickied?
Old 2014-10-30, 11:45   Link #68
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why isn't this thread stickied?
seem mod make mistake unstickied this thread instead G-reco ep 5

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 11:49   Link #69
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

If I may and if nobody knew, Bandai is currently running a poll for what what mobile suit fans want to see in the last episode of Try. Gundam Guy has the current top ten results:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/1...bile-suit.html

Wow, Qan[T] is that popular? Also gotta love how Strike Freedom and Destiny are neck and neck, I guess SEED Destiny still has fans other than me. I am somewhat dumbstruck that Phoenix Gundam of all things is currently in 9th place, this suit must have a serious cult following. And V2 BA Gundam is not here, my vote was wasted.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 12:48   Link #70
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Wow, Qan[T] is that popular? Also gotta love how Strike Freedom and Destiny are neck and neck, I guess SEED Destiny still has fans other than me. I am somewhat dumbstruck that Phoenix Gundam of all things is currently in 9th place, this suit must have a serious cult following. And V2 BA Gundam is not here, my vote was wasted.
Makes sense Qan[T] reminds me of Nu Gundam, a totally OP ms that doesn't get alot of screen time. It leaves people wanting more which is why the Nu is so popular, I would love to see Quan[T] in GBF
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 21:39   Link #71
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
not sure why that scene with the swim team guy & his army of aquatic MS's, a certain OLDCODEX song starts playing in my head
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 03:01   Link #72
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
If I may and if nobody knew, Bandai is currently running a poll for what what mobile suit fans want to see in the last episode of Try. Gundam Guy has the current top ten results:

Those who actually have it in their heads to come up with the TR-6 deserves a medal. Then again, I'd fall off my chair if the fighter brings something along the lines of Gigantic Form or Queenly
Old 2014-10-31, 03:16   Link #73
rladls2121

Haou Jigen vs Gunpla Shingyo.
I was rather expecting this kind thing would happen when Sekai showed off that style since in the first episode.
And the fact the rival would be someone like Mao Yasaka, in this case Minato Sakai.

Ral, I wonder why did he not trained with Reiji seriously, when Reiji was a beginner back then?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 07:01   Link #74
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:

Corrections:

The site actually says "one of the top 10 voted MS will appear", so Bandai pretty much can do whatever they want, and technically they already fulfilled it since Destiny is already in the show

And yes, I want 00 QAN[T] to actually shows its power
Old 2014-10-31, 08:07   Link #75
Sixth
Hu Tao

Question about Gundam's model.

I am not a gundam fan. I think the only gundam series that I actually finish watching was Build Gundam.

So, my question is, are gundams generally fought their opponents from range (exchange laser shooting with their guns), so does that considered abnormal for those gundams in this series fought in melee range?

Also, do other gundam's models have their own power, strength or special ability or it is up to the players' customization?

When the character said "This is Lightning Gundam", do they already know that Lightning Gundam's stats, and its power is sniping?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 10:16   Link #76
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

90% of the time, gundam and their archnemesis will fight at range at first and end it with beam saber duel

As for gundam power or whatever you call it, it's entirely decided by the players, but you might see a pattern if you know someone well enough (ex. this guy always use medium range suit and fight with y tactic)
Old 2014-10-31, 10:19   Link #77
Raso

Ranged units vs melee units vary depending on the series entry. But outside of G Gundam melee units who use their fists are rare and tend to be lame, IE Destiny's hand whatever was really lame. All Gundams though are equipped with a sword of some sort or even a dagger for melee range. The problem with the suit in this episode SD Gundam is SD suits all have really short arms and legs but the distance is long making it easy to dodge thus making it a bad choice.

As for model power. The first series makes a point that the quality of the parts, as in how well they are made, determines the power. A shoddy but huge mobile armor will be at a disadvantage vs a small but well made smaller suit.

However some suits have specific weapons that are easy to tell what is what, Lightning Gundam uses Zeta's Hyper Mega Launcher a long ranged weapon and one that has a unique firing sound effect that I think only the Zeta series used. Lightning is the only Zeta series Gundam in the show.
Old 2014-10-31, 10:24   Link #78
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Question about Gundam's model.

I am not a gundam fan. I think the only gundam series that I actually finish watching was Build Gundam.

So, my question is, are gundams generally fought their opponents from range (exchange laser shooting with their guns), so does that considered abnormal for those gundams in this series fought in melee range?
No there are plenty of Gundam the focus on short-range and meele, and some of them (Shining/Burning and 00) belonged to protagonist. In fact, when it comes to main Gundams, even those the specialize in long range like Freedom, big battles eventually end up in close proximity, usually with beam sabers.

The thing that sets Sekai apart is that he uses martial arts in his meele attacks, that's rarer but is still not unheard of.

Quote:
Also, do other gundam's models have their own power, strength or special ability or it is up to the players' customization?

When the character said "This is Lightning Gundam", do they already know that Lightning Gundam's stats, and its power is sniping?
Since there are many Gundam specialized in a particular field, when characters show a model based on them, people have a fair idea what to expect. For example Fellini's and Mao's models in season 1 were expected to have powerful long ranged blasters because the Gundams they were based on had one.

However, Yuuma's Lightning Gundam being recognized as a sniper is simply because of it's armament. It carries a long range rifle, people just figure...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 11:09   Link #79
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
No there are plenty of Gundam the focus on short-range and meele, and some of them (Shining/Burning and 00) belonged to protagonist. In fact, when it comes to main Gundams, even those the specialize in long range like Freedom, big battles eventually end up in close proximity, usually with beam sabers.

The thing that sets Sekai apart is that he uses martial arts in his meele attacks, that's rarer but is still not unheard of.

Since there are many Gundam specialized in a particular field, when characters show a model based on them, people have a fair idea what to expect. For example Fellini's and Mao's models in season 1 were expected to have powerful long ranged blasters because the Gundams they were based on had one.

However, Yuuma's Lightning Gundam being recognized as a sniper is simply because of it's armament. It carries a long range rifle, people just figure...
I see...so I guess, it is normal or OK if you can named your gundam "Burning Flame of the 3000 Hot Degrees", and its main weapon is shooting water blast?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 11:19   Link #80
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's not without precedent....