4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-08, 11:55   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, there's a gorgeous onee-san in this too! Truly, the Gundam franchise is ushering a new age.

That was an excellent first episode. I don't mean to start a debate, but I need to say I enjoyed it a hundred times more than G-Reco (two shows of the same franchise airing the same season, it's impossible not to compare them even if they're totally different). If a few years ago, someone had told me I would enjoy a spin-off toy commercial more than a new entry written by the master, I never would have believed them. Not exactly sure what to conclude from that.

It's a bit freaky how much Sekai resembles Reiji, but there's obviously an explanation for that. China's brother being a Sei clone, on the other hand...
Old 2014-10-08, 11:58   Link #62
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I notice someone was using the Death Army at team match in the beginning of this ep. The only thing I could mutter is "Why?".
After fighting endless waves of them in MS Saga, there is certainly a use to em but only if you have several thousand of them.
Old 2014-10-08, 11:59   Link #63
VTHokiePride

Is the kid with blue hair supposed to be China's and Sei's son? I thought they were in middle school when Build Fighters was happening.
Old 2014-10-08, 12:05   Link #64
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Is the kid with blue hair supposed to be China's and Sei's son? I thought they were in middle school when Build Fighters was happening.
No, he is China's little brother. He was seen in S1 for a bit, but with brown hair matching China. I do not have a pic of him in S1 off hand though, anyone got one?
Old 2014-10-08, 12:33   Link #65
Somnus
Eh?

You know, sometimes in sequels you sit there impatiently waiting for the old characters to come back after you've been shown what the new characters are like. (I'm looking at you, Destiny)

Thankfully, that is not the case here. Her introduction scene alone made me fall in love with Fumina as a character. Sekai is bloody awesome too, the kid's got just the right amount of spunk. And him trying to bail out of the club right away was hilarious!

As far as the battles go, what's there to say? It was amazing, as expected. Had my adrenaline going the whole time. And the music placement was spot-on, while also being fantastic (as per the norm).

I have to say, once I heard the initial "Please set your Gunpla", a tear may or may not have been shed, ha ha ha. Welcome back, Gundam Build Fighters.

Let the painful one week waits begin.
Old 2014-10-08, 12:34   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I notice someone was using the Death Army at team match in the beginning of this ep. The only thing I could mutter is "Why?".
The better question to ask is "who is that foolhardy soul who brought a CORE BOOSTER?"

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 12:51   Link #67
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The better question to ask is "who is that foolhardy soul who brought a CORE BOOSTER?"
I had a thought, if Build Fighters was set in real life wouldn't everyone try to meta game it and build strictly the best suits as good as they can?

You would pretty much never see anything but lead Gundams, Deathscythe and such and that would be boring.
Old 2014-10-08, 13:01   Link #68
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
I had a thought, if Build Fighters was set in real life wouldn't everyone try to meta game it and build strictly the best suits as good as they can?

You would pretty much never see anything but lead Gundams, Deathscythe and such and that would be boring.
Personally, I think they answered that in the first season with a struggle Sei was working though. With Gunpla, you aren't restricted to the limitations (and benefits) of the units the models were modeled after. You can, in fact, alter them how you see fit. It was at that very point when Sei's models went from crazy good to OP.

So with that thought in mind, any model has the potential for stuff like RG-mode, Trans-Am, etc. It all depends on the builder.

(Of course, as a franchise we came for the Gundams. So the main characters are most likely going to be piloting them.)
Old 2014-10-08, 13:45   Link #69
rladls2121

To think that club based on Gunpla separated in two different clubs.
This female prefers Gunpla Battle while the other male rather thinks building Gunplas are worth much more.
This is because Sei and Reiji winning that tournament and left a big impact on the schooI I guess.
It is seven years later after all.
Some maybe forgot or unknown about how these two enjoy both build and battle.

And Ral, his appearance timing is just too good, actually arrived in an important part.
Maybe he can fill us in on what happened during the long seven years.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:03   Link #70
~oNe~
whatever

Umm... why current character look alike with the past season???

sekai look like reiji and his sister mirai look like aila.... eh...?
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:39   Link #71
rladls2121

Easier to draw similar faces?
Related by DNA?
It does no matter to me though.

I'm curious about Mashita president and that secretary occupation right now, what is her name again?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:42   Link #72
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I'm curious about Mashita president and that secretary occupation right now, what is her name again?
Baker. -w-
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:44   Link #73
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
I wonder how many episodes it'll take before someone starts complaining about "punching to victory"

Who was the one who guessed Reiji might be Sekai's master?
Old 2014-10-08, 15:26   Link #74
Wandering Soul

Excellent episode. That was a real clever mood of Sei to hide a gundam inside a Dom that was inside a trophy. I have to agree that this was a lot of fun compared to G Reco.

Sekai seems pretty cool and the fact that he relies on hand to hand combat means he should be pretty creative during battles. He also has an uncanny resemblance to Reji. Fumina also seems like she should be pretty entertaining and she did do well to be the only one to reach that boss. Can't say much about China's brother yet but it was a pretty a low move interfering in the battle like that.
Old 2014-10-08, 15:50   Link #75
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post

It would still have variety. SDGO has meta units but not everyone uses the same gundam.

I main V2 Assualt Buster gundam which happens to be meta but I just love it because it is filled to the brim with firepower.

Plus the fact build quality is also very important stops everyone from meta spamming.

A wing zero would still loose to wing gundam fenice for example.

This series makes me want to play sdgo 0w0.
Old 2014-10-08, 17:42   Link #76
zerodragon

really love this episode alot, the music when the new gundam appear was just epic. i can't wait to hear the full song. why i am not not sure about the boy, there is no doubt that the older sister Mirai is reiji/Aila daughter. she looks like aila with reiji hair plus she even has Aila's pout
Old 2014-10-08, 17:42   Link #77
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Oh happy day! Build Fighters is back to save mecha!
Old 2014-10-08, 17:47   Link #78
NeutralZero

well that is a nice start...
the onee-san is quite beautiful....
wonder if Build burning was build by Sei with the expectation of Reiji's return...
and how are the two connected with Reiji and Aila
the two looks like them while the older sister is like Aila with Reiji's hair color
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 18:04   Link #79
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
really love this episode alot, the music when the new gundam appear was just epic. i can't wait to hear the full song. why i am not not sure about the boy, there is no doubt that the older sister Mirai is reiji/Aila daughter. she looks like aila with reiji hair plus she even has Aila's pout
While there's probably a relation to Reiji with these two, Mirai can't possibly be Reiji and Aila's daughter without some stupid time travel mechanic involved.
Old 2014-10-08, 18:22   Link #80
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As enjoyable as this episode was, just like any episode of Build Fighters, there was a bit of a glaring problem.

Fumina, backed up by Reiji Sekai, gets turned into a Damsel in Distress for Sekai to save against a guy who is vocally against Gunpla battling, as he calls it a "contradiction," but is somehow really good at it? After the beginning of the episode made Fumina out to be supposedly skilled? Build Fighters seems to have inherited the Gundam universe's habit of not taking its female pilots seriously. I just hope this doesn't become the norm, but the fact that Fumina gets relegated to an SD Gundam, instead of her much more awesome-looking Powered GM Cardigan or some other Gundam-type Gunpla, doesn't give much hope. It seems Gundam has largely given up on its female pilots that don't have Haman Kahn in their name. Even Aila ended up getting one-hit TKO-ed by the Star Build Strike.

On another note, on first impression Yuuma comes off as a jerk. It was one thing to have decided to abandon her and leave for model building, but then he shows up out of nowhere and essentially backstabs her? I'd expect this to not be the norm for him though, since he's supposed to join the team.

Still, awesome episode, and aside from the above bits I was grinning like a crazy fanboy for the whole episode. I especially liked how Fumina was the first one in Build Fighters to use dummy balloons. (we need to see more of this) And I have no doubt we'll be seeing cameos from the first series. The staff made it clear that they looooove cameos.