AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-03, 11:40   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As expected Desir was trying to clear the quest since victory via battle was proving unlikely at this point. Really just a hair's breath away from it all falling apart. Desir would have lost and while I support the gutsy confidence of Romantica and Pram they probably wouldn't have been able to win against Azest either. Even with all the planning and knowledge it was a close one. If Azest had pulled out that magic sword any earlier...

The struggle is still legit. The biggest priority is to bolster the people he cares about most so that they can survive what's coming. He doesn't want to see a bloodied Romantica ever again. And on that front he's doing great. They are both well ahead of where they were at this time in the original timeline. The full potential of Romantica and Pram should hit peaks that Desir can't even imagine at this point.

Nice as well that all this is actually pushing Azest further. Having their Ace even stronger would be absolutely huge. That alone might save more lives. But the big thing might be shaking up the Alpha class overall. Obviously most of them also ended up dead in the original timeline. Even if it's via antagonizing them via being commoners, it's important to push these people into growing strong enough to survive.

Ideally it'd be nice to give the Beta class students a boost too. But I'm not sure how successful that will be. Changing a social structure is hard. Continued success for Desir's group will help pave the way. But will it pave it fast enough for anyone to follow and get strong enough to survive the conflict?

So in that sense getting up to Alpha is important. It motivates the Beta students to think they can do more if they try. And anything could make the difference between life and death in that future conflict. But Alpha also just has way better resources. Even if it's just Pram and Romantica, Desir can probably up the training with access to all that. While with Pram the training amounted to "get his sword and stop using one's he can't use well" there was a need to actually motivate Romantica. Having purpose matters. Just like how having a goal will help Azest mature as a whole.
Old 2023-12-08, 22:34   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder when he'll drop the bombshell on them.
Old 2023-12-08, 22:54   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wonder when he'll drop the bombshell on them.
I am curious on that one. A good way to prep those closest to himself...is probably to warn them. I get not telling anyone right at the start. No one would believe it if some stranger said "I'm from the future !" But at this point he's built up a solid bond with everyone that it should be reasonable to consider bringing it up.

But would also make him look like less of a genius so maybe he'll keep it to himself. I get maybe with Azest he provides a better motivation if she doesn't know that he's both bringing knowledge and some degree of power back from the future. But I mean Pram isn't going to be less motivated regardless. With Romantica, who knows. Would immediately answer how he knew all he knew about her. But would raise questions about their past relationship which he may not want to go into.

But at the same time if it's for the sake of survival then that's a minor issue. The main goal of getting into the Alpha class was cleared. But knowing they are in a fight for their lives would probably help spur everyone forward a bit.
Old 2023-12-08, 23:04   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

Maybe right now he looks like a genius at tactics, but he might need even more notoriety.
Old 2023-12-09, 18:12   Link #65
grecefar

so did he told pram and romantica about him?, for the looks of it, he did.

the second member of desir's former party appears.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 22:10   Link #66
Rasty

My problem with the current premise is, that the MC isn't growing himself. He seems to have hit a solid wall of talent and has nothing more to improve. I seriously hope there is a way to boost his powers by the magic stones or something similar, otherwise, he risks getting seriously outpowered by all the other characters once they gain control and experience.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 22:26   Link #67
wissenschaft

this show is basically a cultivation story. These type of stories tend to start off with a school phase where the teacher is training the students. The teacher will grow much latter in the story once the students have developed enough.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2023-12-10 at 06:41.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-09, 23:17   Link #68
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I imagine that once Desir gets to "meet" the tower guy from his former/future party he'll have a chance to level up. From their convo back in episode one said guy lamented that they couldn't have met earlier.
Old 2023-12-10, 02:47   Link #69
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I was under the impression that his power level is equivalent to his future self; that's why he's able to reverse spells from higher-caliber mages using high-level spells even though he's the lowest level/tier/whatever.

What I'd expect for the teacher guy to teach him would be how to control/stop/reform pure magical power, or something regarding that; something to prevent the future tragedy from happening(cause even if they have more students to defeat it easier, the initial problem still stands).

Last edited by frubam; 2023-12-10 at 02:59.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 14:26   Link #70
Rasty

The reversing of the spells is likely something like comprehending the complex structure and then poking it in the weakest place (or tweaking it a bit) so that it turns into pure mana, which obviously wouldn't work on mana. It's like Tatsuya's (from MKnR) publicly known ability. He can turn a boulder thrown at him to sand, but there is nothing to do if the opposing side literally dumps 100t of sand on his head (obviously that's ignoring his real ability and gram demolition).

On the other hand, they could easily prevent getting wiped out in the end if they just had much more and/or less spent people (or had known about it and run straight away to get out of the area of detonation). In the end, the mana explosion is an extremely inefficient way to do damage, so if they had enough people to block it would do nothing.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-10, 20:54   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It doesn't seem like Desir has much room to grow himself. Though his end game strength was pretty solid for what they were up against and he managed to survive that war anyways. So maybe it is better to focus on those that didn't survive rather than trying to power himself up anyways?

For a second I thought he told them everything. But I'm guessing Desir only told them about the upcoming attack. Would have been impressive. Though I also would have been annoyed if he revealed everything offscreen.

I'm sure defending against this attack is important. Although hard to say how essential it is. Has to be desperate enough for Desir to risk revealing that he knows way more than he can easily explain.

On a side note I wonder how things will play out with Desir and the others. There is this natural gap that exists because he's looking so far ahead and at a bigger picture. He has Pram's worship, but how close is he to them really? Seems like he and Romantica had a good relationship in the past. But it might not play out quite the same this time with the way he has to play things.
Old 2023-12-12, 11:33   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I was under the impression that his power level is equivalent to his future self; that's why he's able to reverse spells from higher-caliber mages using high-level spells even though he's the lowest level/tier/whatever.
From what I understood, he never had much raw power, but he still had more than in his early student days, so he's regressed a bit there.

OTOH, inversion isn't dependent on raw power, and it's his specialty.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 16:14   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I guess the plan was decent enough. Whittle down the invader's forces down to just the main threat. Plus made him use up his stamina and magic to some degree fighting off Romantica and Pram. Solid enough plan. Though it did depend on this guy focusing on escaping and not doing serious harm to those two. But I get the overall idea. They need as much battle experience as they can get considering what is coming. Some risks are unavoidable to both hone their current skills and drive them to keep getting stronger.

Still no clue on how valuable this gem is or if it matters for Desir's overall plans. But I'll presume it matters to some degree here. Shouldn't be too hard for Desir anyways since this guy has used up a good amount of energy and seems to be entirely magic based in his attack. Something Desir can pretty easily shut down.
Old 2023-12-23, 11:06   Link #74
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 13:52   Link #75
grecefar

in the end he wasn't all mighty and he got troubles fighting that outers guy, that's good so he doesn't get overconfident and he needs to stay sharp.

my wish came true and azeth left the blue moon to joing their party, and such a moment betweent them at the end. Here I thought romantica was the main love interest, anyway I ship both.

this was a nice anime and it will have a second season, I'm all for it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 14:16   Link #76
magnuskn

So, all in all this was pretty well done. I thought the sudden flash forward at the end (i.e. these last two episodes) to already fighting Outers was a bit abrupt, but the story otherwise flowed well and the characters were interesting, too. I'm still pretty sure Pram is secretly a girl.

The fights were a bit on the "eh" side, but as with some of the other series I thought were good this season, having a solid story and characters and some fun on the side made up for it.

8,0/10, happy to see a second season incoming.
Old 2023-12-23, 18:03   Link #77
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
in the end he wasn't all mighty and he got troubles fighting that outers guy, that's good so he doesn't get overconfident and he needs to stay sharp.

my wish came true and azeth left the blue moon to joing their party, and such a moment betweent them at the end. Here I thought romantica was the main love interest, anyway I ship both.
Yeah, important that we get to see Desir not being nigh invincible. Although he had a rough time in the 1-to-1 with Azest, it still felt like he had everything under control. Today's fight not so much, even though it was similar circumstances. Fighting Azest is different since he knows all her abilities(and the ones she doesn't know yet), but the big bad in this ep had relatively unknown abilities. Reminds me of that moment in HxH where Killua and Gon comment about what's better between knowing an enemy's abilities over not knowing when going into a fight.

And glad they showed Azest leaving BM and joining Desir team before the end of the season. Setup at just the right point so that they can get right into things when the next season drops.

Honestly, Romantica is certainly in the "1st girl wins" trope, but its clear Azest has had a thing for him even in the other timeline. Desir doesn't see her as anything but "a good 'old' friend" for now, but I think now she'll be more proactive than her other iteration. Not gonna beat Romantica tho.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 21:53   Link #78
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
So, glad this is getting another season.
Old 2023-12-24, 04:15   Link #79
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

this was a nice anime and it will have a second season, I'm all for it.
In the first episode I even thought Azest could have been the villain. Romantica started with strong main heroine vibes, but now the two are more evenly matched. There is still the possibility of an harem ending, of course, even if so far Desir has obviously other priorities than love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, all in all this was pretty well done. I thought the sudden flash forward at the end (i.e. these last two episodes) to already fighting Outers was a bit abrupt, but the story otherwise flowed well and the characters were interesting, too. I'm still pretty sure Pram is secretly a girl.

The fights were a bit on the "eh" side, but as with some of the other series I thought were good this season, having a solid story and characters and some fun on the side made up for it.

8,0/10, happy to see a second season incoming.
I too find it hard to truly believe Pram is a boy, but I think if he's a girl it would have been revealed to the audience by now, so I guess I have to accept reality.

Anyway, it wasn't bad, I'm definitely going to watch the next season too.
Old 2023-12-24, 10:35   Link #80
larethian

Not really that interesting initially, but the last few episodes were a lot more interesting. Will watch the continuation.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote