AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 9.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-23, 09:27   Link #61
Seihai
スマイリウム

It's as tsunade666 said, he probably thought like this:
"Do I use physical skills to get rid of Touma and try defend against the Flame sword? No, impossible, the flame sword will burn me to a crisp.
But what if I use reflecting magic?
That guy will be sliced anyway and the Flame sword is much more dangerous than his fist, I prepare an incantation to a magic reflection spell!"
Ta~da, Imagine Breaker shimashita!

But Tatemiya still stood after the one-hit 9.999 damage falcon punch, do not underestimate him! He actually has 10.000 HP... with his last HP being taken by a double body slam. :P
Old 2010-10-23, 09:37   Link #62
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I think I'm being too critical but the animation was a bit off this episode. Of course it still looks stunning but I think there's something off. It may just be Touma's off look or Index's or the fight scenes losing a bit of oomph or maybe its just the quality of the one I watched. Either way it was still great and the Roman Catholic thing (even though its technically absolutely pure horseshit) is very intriguing. I like that they made them sinister and they suddenly turned higurashi.

The best part would probably be Index using her Spell Intercept thing.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:42   Link #63
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I always had a problem with Index's take-downs or 'thuds', and it seems it's still present in Season II. It just doesn't look or sound convincing enough, speaking of sounds, I did like that piece they played when Touma was chased around by Amakusa people.
The bad thing about it wasn't even that, it was that Orsola's take-down of Touma actually felt more 'powerful' than either Uragami or Seiji, if only because of the heavier sound emphasis and sudden scene-stop animation to create the effect of being hit hard.

A non-combat scene being better than the fight scenes is lame.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 10:09   Link #64
tsunade666

when I saw Angelene use her artifact I was half expecting a danmaku battle. The 4 colors just reminds me spell card battle though she get easily intercepted.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:19   Link #65
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Touma should just call Anti-Skill and let em handle this mess. They got armor and assault riffles. He got nothing but a hand that can cancel one attack if he sees it coming in time. And by now he should have realized he can't trust anyone. If he keeps up his noble mission to save all the cute girls, he could end up very dead very soon.

This city is worse then the Bronx...
Old 2010-10-23, 10:25   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Er... they're outside Academy City.

And this time, it's an actual legal body of the Roman Catholic Church in conduct of a highly sensitive mission. Completely different from a renegade mage ( inside Academy City ) intending to spark conflict.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 10:31   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Touma should just call Anti-Skill and let em handle this mess. They got armor and assault riffles. He got nothing but a hand that can cancel one attack if he sees it coming in time. And by now he should have realized he can't trust anyone. If he keeps up his noble mission to save all the cute girls, he could end up very dead very soon.

Yeeaahhh~... One, they're outside Academy City.

Two, what do you think is going to happen when the armed forces of two (political) super-powers clash?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 10:43   Link #68
tsunade666

Plus the magician even make a scene so Touma can legally go outside the city.

Styl acts of kidnapping make an excuse for Touma to but in the business of magicians.

Normally magic and science side doesn't cooperate because it's opposite sides of the coin. So to make Touma move. Styl kidnaps index to make an excuse for him to leave academy city. And it wouldn't spark any problem on other religion because Touma is the current guardian of Index.

Plus sending Anti-Skill which is the security of the science side would spark a war on both side. And anti-skill doesn't know if magic even exist. In episode 1 of index. Touma didn't believe in magic. Because unlike espers which is an academy city is being built to develop espers. magician exist in secrecy. Not many people know magic exist.

Now back to some explaining in the current episode.

I didn't get to see Saiji use projectile..... well aside that. Back to the point on how can Saiji sudden move like teleporting. He can't move instantly even though his fast but not on the speed of sound. So how can he disappear and reappear.

Well Illusions or disguise.

Amakusa are good at concealing themselves from the world so their personal magic involves lots of things which you can see in daily routine. The dress of Tatemiya the 1 meter long shoe lace. All in a ritual to use their magic.

The amakusa mix Illusions on their spells and attacks. It would be hard to tell if it's a magic or a real sword cut or even if it's just an illusion.

They could mask the surrounding and use it as a weapon to attack you and you wouldn't know what hit you.

Next on the critical right punch of Touma against Tatemiya.

The reason he got hit hard because Tatemiya should have already set a defense spell like the walking church of the necesarius. Their clothing acts are charm of protection.

So when Styl is casting a sword spell. He just cast a fire suppressing or fire resistant spell because he already had a defense spell for upcoming normal attacks. He let his guard down when his expecting a fire spell but the fire spell was canceled by imagine breaker. Plus his protection spell was also broken thanks to imagine breaker. So he had no defense left when got hit by Touma's strong right.

Then ultimately the both tackle of the two suppress him down.

and the magic of angelene can also be explained but it looks like chaoz already explain it. But the reason why she knock into seating position is because of the impact of the coin bags which collided in front of her face. The coin bags are full of silver and gold coins and the impact it create in front of her nose re vibrates and make her loose balance and ultimately making her seat down.

Index doesn't hit her when she use spell intercept.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:43   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
when I saw Angelene use her artifact I was half expecting a danmaku battle. The 4 colors just reminds me spell card battle though she get easily intercepted.
You know seeing Kanzaki in her priestess garb and the above statement....

.....Yeah, her screaming YOUKAI BUSTER somehow seems appropriate...

Quote:

*hums French music*
Old 2010-10-23, 10:48   Link #70
tsunade666

Kanzaki reminds me of youmo (spelling?) when she's holding her katana and in priestess garb plus all the dead people around. I wouldn't surprise if I saw a ghost or a spirit floating
Old 2010-10-23, 11:37   Link #71
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

It's Youmu.

Kanzaki uses "Two Hundred Yojana in One Slash"! (1 Yojona is about 6 to 15km...)

As for comparison to a certain Shrine Maiden, at least she doesn't have a hax sign...

Now it's my turn to watch the episode.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 13:26   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hmm theres something quite off about this ep and not just the drop in animation.
Can't really put my finger on it, could be just the animation or could be the dialogue or the way certain parts went.
Like for instance how Saiji was kept under close watch by a highschool kid and little cannibal nun(true cannibal nun sounds dangerous but that ain't the case)
I would thought there would be some nuns there keeping a eye on him but apparently he ain't dangerous enough to warrant that kinda attention.
And no I don't accept that they have such confidence in there magic to hold him there. Anyone could have come along and taken care of them.
And then whats with having one of your most volatile nuns take charge of such a person, it's like they planned something might go wrong and she would kill him anyway.

Well apart from the off feeling I had during this ep, which was present in the last one as well but wasn't as strong as here.

Now then wheres my Biribiri and Raging lesbian Kuroko-sama?!!!
Old 2010-10-23, 13:50   Link #73
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

i rather die as a main char harem than live a thousand years without a cute girlfriend
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 14:05   Link #74
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
And no I don't accept that they have such confidence in there magic to hold him there.
Remember how it looked like he got instant KO'd the moment he tried to even stand up? Yes, those runes all over his body are that dangerous. If he tried to stand up even a bit, those runes would burn him alive, no questions asked. What happened when he moved a bit there was that several strands of his hair got burned, causing him to give up entirely on trying to move out and help Touma. And those runes cannot simply be neutralized by some randoms. The only people there that are capable of disabling them are Stiyl and Touma (and probably Index, thanks to her knowledge).

And remember, the RCC still considered the trio as their allies at that time. After all, they were the ones who took down Saiji and retrieved Orsola.
Old 2010-10-23, 14:16   Link #75
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You honestly don't want to see how Academy handles crisises when they're not dicking around....

*hums French music*
QFT

sad they prob wont do that arc this season T_T
Old 2010-10-23, 14:56   Link #76
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for I'm sad and disappointed.:
Heh ... yea, that was a mild bit of disappointment.

But then the preview came ^_^ .... Itsuwa mikke!!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 18:46   Link #77
HandofFate

hm, I enjoyed this episode pretty well. Looks like the real plot finally got rolling.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2010-10-23, 19:42   Link #78
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Are these Amasaka (sp) church people made of paper? Both the girl and Mugan got KO'd from a tackle from Touma...

I liked how they pulled the "no, THEY are the badguys!! DUNDUNDUN!!" at the end of the episode. The girl that freaked out from Touma touching her was unexpected.

Her wheel weapon was pretty cool. Is there any regular lore or name for that artifact or symbol in christianity?

Also it was nice seeing Index doing her spell intercepting again. Useful index is pretty cool.
You should probably read the past pages of this thread. A lot of things are explained there, like the history of their weapons.

Also, being fully tackled to the hard concrete ground hurts. Especially in Tatemiya's case where he got punched and double tackled to the ground by Touma and Stiyl.
Old 2010-10-23, 20:07   Link #79
HandofFate

oh, one part in episode 3 made me wonder if Touma ruined the thing it was suppose to do..

Spoiler for the cross:
Old 2010-10-23, 20:33   Link #80
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Her wheel weapon was pretty cool. Is there any regular lore or name for that artifact or symbol in christianity?

Here you go

Spoiler for "Wheel of Catherine" and "Twelve Apostles Martyr":

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-10-23 at 21:49.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote