AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II- Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 50 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 13.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 5.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-08, 20:10   Link #61
iceyfw

i can't stop thinking touma is like pedobear giving his hand to a little kid with those devious eyes and smile when the ED begins
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:09   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

The guy is nice and the people thinks of him as a pedophile/lolicon. The guy really has back luck .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:16   Link #63
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

WOw, best moe Misaka ever.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:22   Link #64
Miraluka
Banned

Anyone noticed that the electricity was being conducted by wood? See the OP.
Old 2010-10-08, 21:31   Link #65
outerelf

I think I loved Touma's homework in this chapter. Seriously, the poor things just went through so much trouble- being around the Delta Force Idiots, being solved by a biri-biri, being left behind as their owner is attacked by a rabid magician, having books thrown on top, being sorted by index, surviving food being thrown on them- only for them to be shred into confetti by the end through a magical attack.

Really, I think the Homework was the most powerful character in this series, and I am sad to see it's untimely demise.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:33   Link #66
Soraya21

The episode as a whole felt a bit rushed and didn't do all that well as an intro which brings us back into the series, though the animators might be saving the season 1's summary and details regarding the magic side for the next episode.

It still gets a 7 from me just on the merit that Index is finally back.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:40   Link #67
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyone noticed that the electricity was being conducted by wood? See the OP.
That's true electrical resistance of wood is very high, but if voltage is too high, it will go even through the wood...

Back to your question, Mikoto's biribiri would go through the air and the stem, I guess.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:43   Link #68
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
You dont have to say all that, besides you dont want discourage other people from looking at it, well it each its own.
Actually, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone based off just the first episode, so I would discourage people from watching it. But, I doubt anyone that's interested in the second season hasn't already made it through the first, so they'll have already made up their minds about this show. It's not like it's going to be any different from the first season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So, this must be your last time watching the series, right?
Nah, I said "very little desire" not "no desire." I'll be back if Kuroko ever pops up in an episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I always wonder what the point is when people do that. I mean, it'd be different if they actually made some kind of points or some kind of tangible statement beyond "oh wow this sucks, etc. etc.," but that's pretty much just borderline trolling.
This is a forum where people sometimes discuss anime. It's really boring if everyone just posts how much they love something. You need some people to come in and say things suck every once in awhile. Especially when they suck.

But let's see, something tangible.

The songs for both the opening and ending weren't good. The opening didn't showcase anything to really catch my eye. I was watching it expecting to see something attention grabbing and got nothing but a crippled Accelerator. The ending was too forgettable for me to even complain about.

The episode itself was boring. No two ways about it. Touma's complaining about not having done his homework earlier. Index is complaining because she's hungry. They get attacked. Touma runs around looking for Index. Touma finds Index. Touma shoves his hand in the screen and the ending plays.

And then the preview, it looks like more of what I just saw, only possibly stretched out over more than one episode. Which means it could be even worse.

Also, those eye rolling emotes lead me to believe you're quite possibly mad . . .
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:45   Link #69
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I think I loved Touma's homework in this chapter. Seriously, the poor things just went through so much trouble- being around the Delta Force Idiots, being solved by a biri-biri, being left behind as their owner is attacked by a rabid magician, having books thrown on top, being sorted by index, surviving food being thrown on them- only for them to be shred into confetti by the end through a magical attack.

Really, I think the Homework was the most powerful character in this series, and I am sad to see it's untimely demise.
You can enjoy this ep much more if you know that summer vacation of Japanese high school ends in August 31th, and many schoolboys do their homework on the very last day of their summer vacation.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 22:20   Link #70
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Nah, I said "very little desire" not "no desire." I'll be back if Kuroko ever pops up in an episode.
Thats why I said this is your last time ;P.
Old 2010-10-08, 22:20   Link #71
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Great start to the season. I like how they went right into things, it made it flow better as a continuity, so to speak. The animation and art were amazing, and are easily the best visuals of the season, barring Star Driver.
Old 2010-10-08, 22:47   Link #72
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yippee! Index is back.
Old 2010-10-08, 23:09   Link #73
Flere821
Lurker

Wow, looking good. Now I just hope this won't get derailed from the plot like ZnT has...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:21   Link #74
D-Gold
Aurum

epic OP is epic

I hope Misaka gets more screentime this season

R.I.P touma homework

looks like touma is breaking illusions again so yay
D-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:26   Link #75
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
epic OP is epic

I hope Misaka gets more screentime this season
She had her own series. Now Last Order is another story. Definitely want to see more of her and Accelerator.
Old 2010-10-08, 23:33   Link #76
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I like the opening and it really suits the whole To Aru Majutsu no Index atmosphere, kudos to Mami Kawada for a great song.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:55   Link #77
Isekaijin

I really missed this Misaka. Her in the Railgun anime was ok, but it is her tsundere antics when Touma is around the reason I love her.

Great ep overall. Expecting a season as entretaining as the first if not more.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:58   Link #78
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She had her own series. Now Last Order is another story. Definitely want to see more of her and Accelerator.
They really need to do an Accelerator, LO and Imoutos slice of life spinoff after this is all over...
Old 2010-10-09, 00:02   Link #79
chaos_animagic

I know I know... it's a Index main... but... comma, Misaka Moe is JUST too MOE....
I would totally love to have Misaka as my GF... only if...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 00:03   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Heh~
I thought they just completely ignored this guy's story, but they actually used it as a first episode...
Didn't find the story interesting before, and don't, even now. Plus, a waste of Jouji and his crying and everything just felt so hilarious.

Kind of feels like ToLoveRu in the fact that it just leaves its viewers behind and go on with the story. Considering there might be people new to the series or came in from Railgun, a bit more support there might have been good. (For sales and such)

The OP and ED were both pretty cool.
Not even a cameo of Saten-san...! At least there is the upcoming OVA...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote