AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 17 25.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 25.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 32.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-07, 18:59   Link #61
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Oh Inaho's analytical eye is affecting his brain if he used it too much. That a really big death flag for him, I assume his fate will be similar to Haruto's in Valvrave.
I actually kind of felt that as well, especially when paired with the earlier scene about him not taking his pills because he doesn't want to mess up the connection. I have a feeling something's going to go wrong.

Also, there's the fact that the issue with him and his sister has to be resolved as well, probably with her protecting him in his time of need or something.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-07, 19:00   Link #62
John117xCortana

That count isn't very bright himself I admit....but I think when he sits down and thinks about how Inaho talked about the Princess it won't take too long for him to figure that there was something going on between him and her. At the very least he'd realize that he cares about her very deeply.
Old 2015-02-07, 19:02   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

Man, the gene pool in this anime is very, very limited isn't it, same face syndrome is also on full alert in this anime.
Old 2015-02-07, 19:26   Link #64
nubby

The Slaine hate is strong here...is it because he shot everyone's favorite robotic character, Inaho?

I can't wait for the duel next episode. What are Lemrina's motives?
Old 2015-02-07, 19:36   Link #65
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
The Slaine hate is strong here...is it because he shot everyone's favorite robotic character, Inaho?

i think , Lemrina is just looking for who's she is , she was cast away because her dad had an affair and she isnt a "legit" princess , she is just like a spoiled child who lost something and his trying to find it , she i slooking for WHO she is , does she has any use in life beside being a vers princess/tool of war (ATM anyways) and vice versa ... so far this is the vybz she give off .. other then that , she do what all the spoiled child do , they do pretty bad judgement just so you know they are here , trying to get attention.

and btw Inaho isnt so robotic now days .. since the start of last season they has been many subtle scene , of him being more human then we think , even for this episode , when he was talking with his sister , if you pay attention to his shaking hand when she said something to him about protecting him.
Old 2015-02-07, 19:51   Link #66
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I completely agree with this assessment.
Oh if it wasn't for the fact that he killed Saazabum I never would've written that assessment up.
Old 2015-02-07, 20:33   Link #67
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Honestly, I think that caged, flightless bird metaphor was talking about her, and as much as I see her as a spoiled brat that I don't much care for, I kind of liked her a little this episode. I mean, she is the illegitimate daughter of an emperor that is second fiddle to her sister, and she wants to be respected and loved for herself, but because of Vers society, she will never achieve that. She's been kept as this caged and flightless bird at the moon base for years, and she is angry and jealous of Asseylum. Those comments by Marylcian really drove it home. Even if she does take everything of her sister, she will never be rid of her sister's shadow.

She acted out against Slaine, though it was really Saazbaum that had her in this position in the first place, and wanted to make her own choices. Though from the look on her face at the end, I don't think she realized where those choices would lead. She's pretty immature in a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post
Oh if it wasn't for the fact that he killed Saazabum I never would've written that assessment up.
I kind of agree with that too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-07, 20:45   Link #68
Wandering Soul

So Inaho actually decides to place his trust in Count Marzeek and helps him get out. He tells him that Asseylum is a fake and that he also wants to know just what Slaine's agenda is. Once again Marzeek is proving himself to be the most likable count and a pretty nice guy.

I also liked Rayet scenes as they just what kind of image she has of herself and it was nice that Inaho told her that she is not the type of person she thinks she is and she truly has changed.

I have a good idea how Slaine's duel will end but I am still looking forward to it.
Old 2015-02-07, 21:40   Link #69
lubczyk

This episode was so typical "anime". "I'm your Martian enemy prisoner, and since I'm kind-hearted (I just want to take your resources. That's all!), I'll believe everything you tell me." For all Inaho knows, the Martian will go back and get backup. Or keep quiet. Or kill the real Asseylum. Or get killed by the real conspirators. Or any number of possibilities. Totally illogical with faulty reasoning. this is the exact 180 of how Inaho treated Slaine in episode 7. The same for the Martian, why should he believe anything or the "half-truths" Inaho has to say? Inaho is either bi-polar or the writing team are making the characters words and actions fit the plot. Inaho has no character consistency. If Inaho had treated his confrontation with Slaine as he did the captured Count, then the war would probably be over by now. I'd like to think that Inaho learned from his mistakes in the way he questioned Slaine in the past, but the way the scene is written doesn't give me that impression. It would have made more sense to have Inaho have the Martian sneak him on-board his landing castle with Martian uniforms captured from the other landing castles.
Old 2015-02-07, 21:45   Link #70
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Actually, this week's episode is by far the best for me thus far. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

That captured knight, Marzeek actually turned out to be a good guy after all. I guess that there are good guys among the Versian's that aren't racist. We all know that Inaho doesn't make mistakes when it comes to judge of character, so I don't expect any kind of betrayal or double-cross from Marzeek. I wonder if he'll survive to the end of this series? I took a liking to him, I hope he doesn't die on us. But, considering the fact that he knows the truth about everything and the fact that he's gonna spy on Slaine, that just spells death flag all over for him. We also know why he wasn't as aggressive as the other knights that came to earth. He never had any intention of fighting in the first place.

Good to see that Rayet wasn't totally forgotten. At least she's still getting some kind of development and we even got a double whammy with Inaho giving us a somewhat emotional outburst when he was talking with her. Finally, he's starting to look like less of a robot. (The irony of it all is that now he's technically closer than ever to being a robot because of that analytical engine. XD)

I also saw that Rayet and Inaho had some moments this episode. Subtle shipping bait, perhaps? Though, I don't see the point of this because he's pretty set on Asseylum, he ain't gonna get swayed by anyone else.

They also laid the foundations for some drama with Inko catching Inaho and Rayet in the act of releasing the prisoner.

Well, Slaine does seem to have some plan in motion, but what he didn't account for was the fact that Lemrina's a wild card. She's gonna make things fall through if he doesn't keep her in check.

Also, that other knight, Marylcian is such an uber dick that I can't wait for his eventual death to come any faster. But I wonder who'll do him in, Slaine? Inaho? Idc who does it, can someone just kill him off? lol

Like I said, I enjoyed this episode the most of all so far. AZ finally got a 10 outta me.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2015-02-07, 21:46   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
This episode was so typical "anime". "I'm your Martian enemy prisoner, and since I'm kind-hearted (I just want to take your resources. That's all!), I'll believe everything you tell me." For all Inaho knows, the Martian will go back and get backup. Or keep quiet. Or kill the real Asseylum. Or get killed by the real conspirators. Or any number of possibilities. Totally illogical with faulty reasoning. this is the exact 180 of how Inaho treated Slaine in episode 7. The same for the Martian, why should he believe anything or the "half-truths" Inaho has to say? Inaho is either bi-polar or the writing team are making the characters words and actions fit the plot. Inaho has no character consistency. If Inaho had treated his confrontation with Slaine as he did the captured Count, then the war would probably be over by now. I'd like to think that Inaho learned from his mistakes in the way he questioned Slaine in the past, but the way the scene is written doesn't give me that impression. It would have made more sense to have Inaho have the Martian sneak him on-board his landing castle with Martian uniforms captured from the other landing castles.
The point of Inaho trusting the Martian was because his so-called "analytical eye" gave him the information that he needed to trust him. He didn't have that with Slaine. In fact, he only had the opposite, Slaine accusing him and taking the first shot.
Old 2015-02-07, 22:19   Link #72
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
We all know that Inaho doesn't make mistakes when it comes to judge of character, so I don't expect any kind of betrayal or double-cross from Marzeek.
I don't know, Inaho has never really shown that in series. And it's Slaine who's a better judge of people since he listens more to his instincts, while Inaho is centered in logic and facts. However, I do think he is right about Mazuurek.

Quote:
Also, that other knight, Marylcian is such an uber dick that I can't wait for his eventual death to come any faster. But I wonder who'll do him in, Slaine? Inaho? Idc who does it, can someone just kill him off? lol

Like I said, I enjoyed this episode the most of all so far. AZ finally got a 10 outta me.
Well, most old-fashioned duels are to the death, and considering how anachronistic Vers is, this one probably is too. And you can bet that Marylcian wants Slaine dead, so I'm going to guess that Slaine will have to take care of him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-07, 22:37   Link #73
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know, Inaho has never really shown that in series. And it's Slaine who's a better judge of people since he listens more to his instincts, while Inaho is centered in logic and facts. However, I do think he is right about Mazuurek.
Even so, I'm skeptical about it as there's a little chance that Count Mazuurek might double-cross Inaho after all!

On the other hand, shouldn't Inaho and Rayet subjected to court-martial since they help a fugitive escape? I mean, Inko is the only one who witnessed it.
Old 2015-02-07, 22:39   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
And once again I'm back to facepalming when it comes to Yuki. I mean is she seriously hearing her own words? Inaho is the best and literally only effective fighting force for the entire planet Earth. And she wants him to just pack up after his injuries?

Pack up to where? The graveyard the rest of the human race will be buried in when she and the rest of the military gets curbstomped? Has she missed the fact that her military sucks? It's nice sentiment and all. That she didn't want him fighting, that she wanted to protect him and the world he lived in.....but seriously, she utterly failed at that. She needs to face reality here. If he pulls out she and everyone else is going to die along with Inaho when he's left alone without any weapons to fight back with. You don't even have to say him fighting is about the Princess. It's about everyone on the planet Earth. They literally can't win without him.

Inaho still gives Rayet remarkable credit where I'm not really sure it's deserved.

Still, some good moves by Inaho in this one. He gets a much needed spy who can figure out what is going on up there and just plain someone they'll need going forward. A guy that doesn't actually care that much about invasion and had great interest in the Earth.

Sure, no real battles this week. But I suppose we can't have those every single week.
Old 2015-02-07, 23:09   Link #75
anguishCAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
You know, if Inaho had told Inko what he was planning and doing.....it's likely that she would have helped him.
I think it is a more of a It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission thing in this case
Old 2015-02-07, 23:23   Link #76
Key Board
Carbon

If Okouchi was writing this show, this would weigh on Inko's mind more and more to the point that she would betray him in the future.

That being said I felt that AZ finally found its feet in this episode. Before it felt a bit too much like other shows.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2015-02-07, 23:42   Link #77
MonkeyDude

Inko proves why she's best waifu candidate. Red Shirt A challenges the new count of sauce to a duel. The new count of sauce can probably already see the ending thanks to his brokenly op mech. The tension is for realz!

Am I the only one smelling clynefaction here? But then Inko will have to die so there's no third wheel hanging off of Kir...I mean Inaho.
Old 2015-02-08, 00:20   Link #78
Sixth
Hu Tao

Slaine was so creepy. Very creepy.
Old 2015-02-08, 00:24   Link #79
Kurohane

Inaho and Slaine will never work together. In order for that to happen, they have to introduce a foe greater than the both of them, and it's too late for that to happen. Inaho declared Slaine as his enemy in the first season, and any chance of cooperation ended with that, as reflected in the finale. Also, Slaine's latest targeting of Inaho is more personal than how much of a threat he is.

I get Slaine teaching Eddelrutio, but why does it have to be in Asseylum's chamber? It gives off unfortunate implications, especially with the caged bird reference. I ponder whether the coma was from injuries (despite nothing of her injuries indicating that she could fall into one. The head injury looked to be just a graze.), or it's medically induced. It's related to Lemrina posing as her as well. They could have just as easily roused up the cause by saying she was hospitalized, and in a coma. They didn't need to go to the trouble of using an imposter, especially when the risk of the real one waking up is so unpredictable. The problems that surface when she does are significant. It makes more sense if she's in a controlled state of sleep. The major reason I want that machine turned off is to find out.

I liked the cooperation of Inaho and Rayet this episode. It shows the closeness between them, with Rayet really exposing herself around Inaho. Normally, she's so straitlaced. Also, Inaho having unconditional trust in her. The best thing IMO is that it doesn't have to be interpreted in "that" way. They just have a solid friendship.

Also, gaining a Martian ally is invaluable. The parting scene between Inaho and Mazuurek was very well done, highlighting the mutual respect between the two, though they've only known each other for hours at most. Hopefully, he'll uncover Seylum's whereabouts, and discover what Slaine's plans are, and the major ramifications such plans will cause.
Old 2015-02-08, 00:26   Link #80
mweloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Slaine was so creepy. Very creepy.
You do realise he was talking to Eddelrittuo and not Asseylum, right?

The scene cuts to Lemrina during Slaine's monologue, so I think he was referring to her as a "caged bird". I think Slaine's as sane as he ever was, and he was was expressing pity more than anything else in that scene.
Closed Thread