AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-01-30, 22:46   Link #761
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Hmmm... I'm really tempted to pick it up but $69.99 is murder and none of the free GamePass codes I got from Discord are working. A few resellers have it for 15% off which is something I guess but doesn't seem that great. I'll see I suppose.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 08:23   Link #762
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In my country Gamepass is like $2 a month.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-31, 13:28   Link #763
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I had PC GamePass when it was $4.99 USD a few years ago but I never really used it so its usually more cost effective to just buy games when they're discounted.

That aside I've seen some rumors that the Append/Answer is coming out as DLC eventually. I'm not sure that really moves the needle for me though. I'll probably just hold out for a 30% discount further down the line.
Old 2024-01-31, 23:03   Link #764
MonkeyDude

DLC rumors? Man this is ATLUS! Expect a P3R:Full Moon edition or some bs like that with all new content! Also key resellers have 1-month GPU for <$3 right now if anyone is interested.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-01, 07:13   Link #765
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
DLC rumors? Man this is ATLUS! Expect a P3R:Full Moon edition or some bs like that with all new content! Also key resellers have 1-month GPU for <$3 right now if anyone is interested.
That's fully what I'm expecting. They'll do it in a way that people will have to buy the game again at full price if they want the Answer. This is Atlus, come on.
Old 2024-02-01, 08:21   Link #766
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's fully what I'm expecting. They'll do it in a way that people will have to buy the game again at full price if they want the Answer. This is Atlus, come on.
Rumors are going around that The Answer will come around 6 months down the line as a DLC in the style of The Kaito Files for Lost Judgement (so a 30$ expansion DLC).

Rumors also say that Atlus isn't planning yet on doing a Royal for this one nor FeMC and honestly I can see it. I imagine they're going to wait out to see how sales fare and, given people aren't really 100% happy with the game, I'm sure it'll fail to reach whatever threshold they had to greenlight the FeMC reworking.
Old 2024-02-01, 08:58   Link #767
MonkeyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Rumors are going around that The Answer will come around 6 months down the line as a DLC in the style of The Kaito Files for Lost Judgement (so a 30$ expansion DLC).

Rumors also say that Atlus isn't planning yet on doing a Royal for this one nor FeMC and honestly I can see it. I imagine they're going to wait out to see how sales fare and, given people aren't really 100% happy with the game, I'm sure it'll fail to reach whatever threshold they had to greenlight the FeMC reworking.
??? Why wouldn't they stay the course they started with P3:Fes? Granted I do agree that their course will probably be decided by the sales since this is their first shot at a remake? If anything I reckon P3R is potentially also a litmus test for a potential P4 remake. Sign a possible exclusivity deal with daddy Microsoft and they're set.

Also what does "aren't really 100% happy with the game" even mean? Someone will find something to complain about so what's the point of that? Plus metacritic critic scores are holding strong for now so just gotta wait and see how user scores stack up.

Just the fact that it's on GP should significantly lower whatever sales threshold they set for additional content. Not like I'm closely following gaming news or anything, but what's with the doom and gloom? I reckon this game targets the nostalgia boners of people like us who played it and loved it in their teenage years. New audience is just an extra bonus.
Old 2024-02-01, 14:27   Link #768
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Just the fact that it's on GP should significantly lower whatever sales threshold they set for additional content. Not like I'm closely following gaming news or anything, but what's with the doom and gloom? I reckon this game targets the nostalgia boners of people like us who played it and loved it in their teenage years. New audience is just an extra bonus.
I dunno if I agree; I don't really know who this is for exactly and that's a big part of why I'm on the fence. If Kotone were here it would be a day one buy but it sounds like that's the one component from previous versions that isn't even rumored.

Grand scheme this doesn't feel like something I feel a rush to play and I'm a bit underwhelmed by some of the music I've heard too. The preorder bonus isn't anything special either so I'll probably wait for bigger discounts. Its good to see its reviewing well though I guess.
Old 2024-02-02, 02:20   Link #769
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I'm like a few hours in and it gets pretty obvious early on just how rough the original could feel now given all the QoL changes we got in 4 and 5. I suppose P3 was really the prototype of what Persona was really going to become, and in that sense a direct port was never going to work like how roughshod the P3P port was.

If they chose just to do a regular port or remastering without all these changes, P3R would absolutely get panned even with the thickest of nostalgia goggles.

Edit - I'm also actually perfectly fine with the remixes and changes to the original OST aside from the apparent new tracks in the game. A big part of the identity of Persona is the music, so if I can't hum the dorm music or hear Lotus Juice on Mass Destruction, then is it really Persona 3?

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2024-02-02 at 02:48.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 10:22   Link #770
TURI123456

What is "The Answer", that people here talk about?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-02, 11:25   Link #771
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
What is "The Answer", that people here talk about?
The Answer was an extra epilogue dungeon that happens after you finish the main game. This dungeon was originally released as a part of the FES update do the original game (in Japan you could either buy it with the base game, or as a separate "Append Edition". The west only got the bundled version).
Old 2024-02-02, 15:05   Link #772
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember they did that with the original a few months after I bought it.

Still pissed that they did the same thing with Persona 4 & 5 to the point I'm not going to buy the inevitable Persona 6 just because I know they'll get a new version a few years down the line.

Quote:

What are the big issues people have with it so far?
Old 2024-02-02, 17:52   Link #773
TURI123456

Quote:
The Answer was an extra epilogue dungeon that happens after you finish the main game. This dungeon was originally released as a part of the FES update do the original game (in Japan you could either buy it with the base game, or as a separate "Append Edition". The west only got the bundled version).
Thank you!
And what is FES?

By the way, how to game so far (please no spoilers because I haven't played yet)?
Old 2024-02-02, 23:58   Link #774
MonkeyDude

A few hours in and I must say this is the kind of remake I want from my older games. Core story appears to have been left largely intact so far. Gameplay has been modernized to current Persona standards with a sprinkling of extra mechanics here and there. The remixed tracks sound like P3, even the new tracks have the same vibe. Game looks good, like real good. Would not be surprised at all if they used P3R as a sort of tech demo for P6 to tinker with the Unreal Engine.

Anyway it's P3 with P5+ specs. If you liked P3 before, you'll appreciate all the gameplay changes they've made. If you haven't played P3 yet or seen the movies, boy am I jealous of you!

Though not all sunshine and rainbows sadly. Like why is there a dialogue option I can't pick at the very beginning of the game since my stats are too low? I get that they want you to do a NG+, but sheesh to already block you off right at the start? Granted that line of dialogue is probably inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but just rubbed me the wrong way. I also miss the fatigue system for exploring Tartarus. Wasn't a bad mechanic to help pace dungeon diving plus it also ties in to a certain something you can do to mitigate it. Hard is also hard funnily enough. Not masochistic enough to do merciless on NG, but boy do the trash mobs still hit like a damn truck in hard. They get a 1-more on you on a lucky hit and your MC gets hit twice? Welp back 1F for you, GG!

Since I'm starting to ramble here, P3 is worth it if you like Persona games. Worth $70 though? Not when there's a damn DLC you know is coming and they'll probably charge you full price on top of what you already paid. And then even more if/when they do a FeMC "Sakura" edition cause why not? Game Pass to play now, buy later for the complete edition.
Old 2024-02-03, 07:32   Link #775
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I remember they did that with the original a few months after I bought it.

Still pissed that they did the same thing with Persona 4 & 5 to the point I'm not going to buy the inevitable Persona 6 just because I know they'll get a new version a few years down the line.

What are the big issues people have with it so far?
So here's a collection of criticism I've seen of the game so far (some warranted, some not):
- Visuals are flashy but the game can be overly bright at times when the original was dark and moody
- Quite the fair number of clipping bugs in the game (where people get stuck)
- Missing FeMC route is really annoying people
- Soundtrack doesn't seem to be to everyone's taste

Honestly, they're (almost) all minor things. I think the game is just a victim of its own hype.

Quote:
Thank you!
And what is FES?

By the way, how to game so far (please no spoilers because I haven't played yet)?
FES is the "director's cut" version of the original P3. It's to P3 as Royal was to P5, or Golden was to P4.

Meanwhile, in case anyone is still doubting that The Answer will be coming as DLC, here's some datamining:

https://twitter.com/ruinedstego/stat...31595603321281
Old 2024-02-03, 08:57   Link #776
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
FES is the "director's cut" version of the original P3. It's to P3 as Royal was to P5, or Golden was to P4.
P3 Portable is more comparable to Golden were it not gutted to fit on a UMD. The director's cut changes were minor and would amount to a 1.2 update nowadays.

Anyway P3R is starting to look more and more like a money pit which is... par for the course with Atlus. Sounds like its getting a "season pass" but still no Kotone though. I'm tempted to get GamePass for a month to check the remake out but I'll probably wait.
Old 2024-02-03, 09:00   Link #777
TURI123456

Quote:
So here's a collection of criticism I've seen of the game so far (some warranted, some not):
- Visuals are flashy but the game can be overly bright at times when the original was dark and moody

Honestly, they're (almost) all minor things. I think the game is just a victim of its own hype.

Meanwhile, in case anyone is still doubting that The Answer will be coming as DLC, here's some datamining:

https://twitter.com/ruinedstego/stat...31595603321281

Thank you!
If I bought the Premium Edition of Persona 3 Reload (for the PlayStation 5.), does it mean that I would get the future downloads too?
Old 2024-02-03, 09:21   Link #778
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
If I bought the Premium Edition of Persona 3 Reload (for the PlayStation 5.), does it mean that I would get the future downloads too?
There will probably be a 'season pass' or 'expansion pass' or something introduced down the road. Atlus really doesn't give anything for free.
Old 2024-02-03, 09:26   Link #779
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
P3 Portable is more comparable to Golden were it not gutted to fit on a UMD. The director's cut changes were minor and would amount to a 1.2 update nowadays.
Yeah, can't disagree there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Anyway P3R is starting to look more and more like a money pit which is... par for the course with Atlus. Sounds like its getting a "season pass" but still no Kotone though. I'm tempted to get GamePass for a month to check the remake out but I'll probably wait.
On the other hand, this one I have to disagree with. Fully remaking the game is a lot of work for a quick cash grab. Porting Golden and Portable to PC/Xbox with close to 0 changes? Now that's some good old fashioned cash grabbing.
Old 2024-02-03, 10:10   Link #780
MonkeyDude

Oh wow Day1 DLC is pretty much just skins...for $27. But if you buy the premium edition, you get the OST AND the artbook for only $100! Now that's a steal!

...so ATLUS really plans on charging up to $200 for the eventual complete game? Microsoft is gonna have to come in the clutch for this one since that's just absurd.

Quote:

-The art style does appear a bit bright I guess? Honestly just turn down the gamma if it's an issue.
-Clipping? Haven't encountered it so far. Unless it's the team following you around? I'm on controller so I guess I can't rotate fast enough to see it?
-Never played P3P, but honestly dunno what people were expecting on that one. Any additional content beyond base P3 is always going to be for a complete edition sometime in the future. Though this one is probably going to rely heavily on sales. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the successor Persona games have a FeMC right? So not exactly a focus for ATLUS here.
-Eh OST has been a banger so far. Are the OG tracks better than the remixes? Eh, bit of a crapshoot there. Can definitely see a future OST toggle a la RE2 remake in the complete edition cause why won't ATLUS milk that?

Tags
ps2