AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-11-06, 14:11   Link #761
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I was mostly assuming it was okay to talk about Railgun stuff too, since the Misaka clones are in this. Plus, isn't there a crossover between the railgun & accelerator mangas coming up too?

I just find it interesting that potentially, Accelerator & Mikoto may eventually be the heros instead of Touma if something external ends up forcing him into a villain role.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 19:57   Link #762
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
wasnt he simply reminded of him because he was the only other one that was able to go "though" his "barrier"?
Yeah. I'm not denying what you have to say. But he was indeed mentioned.

In the end, analysis that I feel is useful I'll put in. I wrote this here because I don't find the mangas as bad retcons and because I think that they can impact the world building or the main plot of the current LN's.

Just like how Railgun allowed for Misaki, I think this can allow for Estelle or something else to appear. And who knows, maybe down the line, Railgun stuff and Accelerator stuff will be more impactful in the main storyline.

For now though, I'm talking about what I hope for. There's too much cynicism about these manga on these boards. Sheesh. :>_<:

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 07:22   Link #763
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Dead thread. RIP.

P.S. Needs Toaru manga fix.
Old 2016-02-20, 18:04   Link #764
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

There is no raw provider and koreans scans are for ants.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 17:52   Link #765
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

these mech designs are starting to look like something from heavy object, not that that's a bad thing; glad we're moving away from animal like mechs.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 13:59   Link #766
LevelSeven

does accelerator ever use his black wings in the raws? (are there actually any chapters out?)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 18:51   Link #767
GotEffed2RageQuit

IMO, black wings are for post 9/30. And we're somewhat far from it.
Old 2016-03-06, 09:14   Link #768
LevelSeven

^i saw a pic of acceleraotr in his manga suddenly having a black force around his body, it isnt in the translated chapters and i didnt see what happened after it but it looked like the "gathering" of the energy that makes up the black wings :/
Old 2016-03-10, 06:51   Link #769
Inept Forum User

Spoiler for 22-23:
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 09:01   Link #770
LevelSeven

wow, last post was more than 2 months ago

either way,
ch19 is translated,
and the raws already said pretty much anything,
the lvl5 psychokinesis can overcome accels shield even though it got destroyed while doing it,
and now another lvl5 pyschokinesis robots attack accel... and they cpatured the sister back...

i dont get it, if they need a sister why not attacking the other 9 who are currently in AC? or even easier, why not capturing one the 9960 or so other sisters who are scattered all around the world?

and the villians are making everything unnecessary complicated,
if he wants to defeat accel all he needs to do is to jam the signal of his choker and tada, a vegetable ready to be used :/

all in all... i wonder at which point this story will actually manage to reach a decent lvl
Old 2016-05-30, 13:28   Link #771
LazyHunter

I'm surprised a new chapter was translated. Thankfully we seem to be back to the main plot after the deatour with the Scavenger fight.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 00:35   Link #772
itine
No Book No Live

ACCELERATOR VOL 5 ENGLISH TRANSLATE
(Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator CHP 19 to 24)
>from digital
>js06 already translate that
>updates / chapter every 2-3 days since May, 29

Spoiler for Spoiler ?:

CHP 19, 20 & 21 is already out (82 pages left pending)

Last edited by itine; 2016-06-03 at 03:33. Reason: hot link's is against rules ->http://imgur.com/a/2axQ3
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-04, 03:25   Link #773
GotEffed2RageQuit

Toaru Kagaku no Sisters. Are the Sisters really that multi-functional?

P.S. LN Estelle = win. It's TouMagic Gods lately.
Old 2016-06-04, 05:41   Link #774
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
Toaru Kagaku no Sisters. Are the Sisters really that multi-functional?
seeing how they can be used for:
-powering up accel to lvl6
-create a AIM network by scattered each clone over the planet
-create a supercomputer-like mind
-create a network-encompassing "Will" that is between life and death
-force misaka into becoming a lvl6
-give accel less than 50% of his calculation ability back
-manipulate the AIM field in AC in order to cause kazakiri to appear, and to let her activate her angel-mode
-allow AIWASS to appear in the physical world
-boost the ability of each clone from lvl2 to lvl3
-and it seems like now they are used for something else again...

so..yeah, they are the Swiss Army knife of the toaru verse if it comes to plot-devices

EDIT: ch22 is out:
estelle tries some magic and fails,
it seems like the naked girl alongside the villian-boy is his little sister who somehow died and estelle revived her but it seems like it was a failure too and some other thingy is now int he little sisters body :/

and the villian-boys plan got shown: he has the theory that a perfect mind and body can host the perfect esper power >_> so...another attempt for lvl6 -__-
i find it admirable that kamachi still uses the lvl6-experiments as plot-reasons but it is also a very lazy one :/
he should at least try to do something new aside from "chairman wants more power"/"crazy researcher wants lvl6", maybe something that actually has a connection to accel?
like maybe one of the people accel crippled in the past who know uses accels close ones in order to let him suffer before killing him :/ (and who actually uses the f*cking obvious weakness of his choker -_-)

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2016-06-05 at 02:34.
Old 2016-06-05, 04:16   Link #775
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
-boost the ability of each clone from lvl2 to lvl3
EDIT: ch22 is out:
and the villian-boys plan got shown: he has the theory that a perfect mind and body can host the perfect esper power >_> so...another attempt for lvl6 -__-
i find it admirable that kamachi still uses the lvl6-experiments as plot-reasons but it is also a very lazy one :/
he should at least try to do something new aside from "chairman wants more power"/"crazy researcher wants lvl6", maybe something that actually has a connection to accel?
like maybe one of the people accel crippled in the past who know uses accels close ones in order to let him suffer before killing him :/ (and who actually uses the f*cking obvious weakness of his choker -_-)
I'm kinda curious as to what he deems a "perfect" mind here; since the strongest espers all have the insanity element in their psyche(not counting Gunha since he's a gemstone). The reanimated tissue being the perfect body brings me back to how Huotou could use her muscle fibres in unconventional ways, with that i'd imagine she could forcibly modify her life force to match whatever output her mind produces, although then you'd at the least loose a few years of your life if not out right die. Seems villain boy may be counteracting this by putting them in vita-pods that will mitigate most of the stress on the body.
The mind perfection element is probably drawing from the radio noise break through where everyone in the Misaka network managed to get a level up from 2 to 3 that you mentioned. Although I doubt he could get very far passed level-4 since all level-6 attempts implies transcendence beyond the human form while villain boy only wishes to make the perfect human/esper. seems like he is trying to make a Kazakiri style a.i.m beast at the most; if not another Kazakiri, expecting aiwoss round two(or round one)at this rate.

The choker weakness thing was done to death in OT19, more so didn't the academy city board of directors move to underground facilities specifically so Accel couldn't chase them(going too far underground causes great interference with the radio choker), most of Accels actual enemies already have their bases covered after the stunt he pulled against thomas(which hasn't happened yet, derp), with some simply having jamming fields around their base.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 05:10   Link #776
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
I'm kinda curious as to what he deems a "perfect" mind here; since the strongest espers all have the insanity element in their psyche(not counting Gunha since he's a gemstone). The reanimated tissue being the perfect body brings me back to how Huotou could use her muscle fibres in unconventional ways, with that i'd imagine she could forcibly modify her life force to match whatever output her mind produces, although then you'd at the least loose a few years of your life if not out right die
zombie girl would be a magic/esper hybrid if she could actually use her life force for superhuman strength, and i doubt that she would be able to stay unharmed (at least to the extend she always shows),
and there is no hint that magicians actually shorten their lifespan if they use magic, so i guess that it wouldnt happen to zombie either (not like she has a lifespan :/, mostlikely IF she uses magic than it comes from estelle)...
Quote:
Seems villain boy may be counteracting this by putting them in vita-pods that will mitigate most of the stress on the body.
not sure, he didnt seem to actually know of magics existence so i doubt that he actually does the pod-thingys because of that

Quote:
The mind perfection element is probably drawing from the radio noise break through where everyone in the Misaka network managed to get a level up from 2 to 3 that you mentioned. Although I doubt he could get very far passed level-4 since all level-6 attempts implies transcendence beyond the human form while villain boy only wishes to make the perfect human/esper.
what he does (and more or less any other researcher at that point in AC) is to try and prove theorys, so his attempt is simply another way of solving the problem

Quote:
seems like he is trying to make a Kazakiri style a.i.m beast at the most; if not another Kazakiri, expecting aiwoss round two(or round one)at this rate.
i doubt that anything he does will come close to kazakiri or a artifical angel,
mostlikely villian boy thinks that the most versalite power (psychokinesis) boosted by a network of thousands of brains will be "perfect"...

Quote:
The choker weakness thing was done to death in OT19, more so didn't the academy city board of directors move to underground facilities specifically so Accel couldn't chase them(going too far underground causes great interference with the radio choker), most of Accels actual enemies already have their bases covered after the stunt he pulled against thomas(which hasn't happened yet, derp), with some simply having jamming fields around their base.
a portable jamming device should be very very easy to obtain for people like them,
and they actually would work, simply create a strong magnetic field and tada, the signals that should recieve accels choker are distorted, which means that accel turns into a vegetable again and for science that can recreate eyes, limbs etc via cybernetic technology i dont doubt that they could invent a pocket sized jamming device,
of course that doesnt stop accel from attacking from far far behind but at least it will actually be a real weakness, right now it is more like a small extra that serves as nice plot device whenever accel should come late or wont do high-lvl stuff (like plasma attacks)
Old 2016-06-05, 05:12   Link #777
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Railgun also has the "soul creation" principle.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 05:33   Link #778
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Railgun also has the "soul creation" principle.
yeah, but does it directly tie to a lvl6 project too?
Old 2016-06-05, 06:29   Link #779
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Misaki thought that it might be used against Mikoto's clones.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-05, 07:04   Link #780
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Misaki thought that it might be used against Mikoto's clones.
that doesnt mean that it will, but seeing how the spin offs basically only use lvl6-experiments for the villians reason to do what he does i would not be suprised if the new railgun arc turns out to be the same