AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 12:43   Link #661
Acer
Death to the infidels!

thank you...
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:15   Link #662
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for How many people did punch Touma?:
I gotta say I always knew Hamazura was described as not being the most handsome guy but that picture cements him as lower than average. Which makes me think back to the anime when he appeared in it he wasn't that ugly, was he? I need to go back and see it again, and Touma in the anime needs to look more like in the LN's the anime as great as it is (my favorite by far) doesn't do justice to how Touma should look at least imo.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:51   Link #663
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Looking at him next to Terra of the Left...he's looked worse.

But September was a real contribution to the harem. Didn't know about Shoutaura yet, though. I guess that answers one question.

Last edited by silverexorcist; 2013-06-05 at 21:57.
silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:58   Link #664
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Doesn't matter; Hamazura would look like Terra in ten years *troll*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:20   Link #665
Acer
Death to the infidels!

perhaps what attracts ITEM is the face of low of the Hamazura? will know that fetishes these girls have.
Old 2013-06-05, 20:44   Link #666
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Doesn't matter; Hamazura would look like Terra in ten years *troll*
Just noticed Terra and thought he was the Joker
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:51   Link #667
Shinhwa
Banned

So do guys think Misaki has romantic interest in Touma or something?
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:57   Link #668
ellifeedn
Thinker

Don't start shipping discussions or no one will ever leave.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 22:08   Link #669
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
So do guys think Misaki has romantic interest in Touma or something?
she has a blind trust, at least she has a good opinion of him.
Old 2013-06-05, 22:42   Link #670
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
perhaps what attracts ITEM is the face of low of the Hamazura? will know that fetishes these girls have.
I see what you did there, Acer.

Maybe he has a strong AIM concentration on his lower half.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 23:05   Link #671
whitecloud

misaki?isnt it a given already?
Old 2013-06-06, 02:15   Link #672
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Rikou fetish on Shiage

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:34   Link #673
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So this thread doesn't get closed because people get really off topic again (like I was before as well)...

First of all, What's Tsuchimikado's situation now based on everything we saw in the volume? It's obvious he won't die, that would be stupid otherwise. I think he's just going to return to his normal life/house. They said that as soon as the darkness declared him dead and he actually survived, he would be able to live his life normally again.

Second, now that academy city doesn't have Rensa: what are they going to be doing to fix this problem, what are they working on.

Third, what did Rensa mean when she said that they wanted Espers without individuality? I thought the level 5's personalities was what allowed them to get to their crazy levels of power.

Fourth, the Misaka network was a failed project and so was Rensa: so is there going to be more?

Fifth, what's the shadow ruler plan?

Sixth, is Kuroyoru part of the Hamazura brigade?

Seventh, AC's darkness was still described as up and kicking. How much more could there be?

Eighth, now that Agitate Halation is over, is the only thing giving Hamazura reason to stay alive, the importance of Rikou?

Ninth, when will the parameter list become more important? It would eventually become a huge deal if it were found out.

Tenth, I know it's true that Rensa costs a lot. But suppose Rikou became a level 5 and then they created another Rensa: that Rensa would be able to use her power and thus be unstoppable, right? It might even be able to give Rikou's own power to the Kihara's for example. It makes me wonder.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 10:17   Link #674
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for How many people did punch Touma?:
Who are those people:
1. To the right of Terra?
2. To the left of the second Accelerator?
3. Below Saronia?

Aside from that, equality indeed, even if Accel was counted twice.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:21   Link #675
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Quoted from Kamachi himself in the epilogue/afterword of Volume 22:

"From another perspective, Accelerator who's been written as a "dark hero" has traces of a Saint in him. He has the kind of feeling that a person who has committed a great sin but then stepped onto the difficult road to redemption in order to redeem themselves gives off.

As proof of surpassing his trials, his wings have completely changed colors… I’ve wanted to try writing a scene like this for a long time now."

That should answer the debate definitively. I don't think hearing the song actually makes a difference in the end. The way Kamachi puts this makes it seem like Accelerator isn't the only one who should be able to do this. So far, Accelerator is the only level 5 to have overcome the darkness done to him mostly by himself after Touma helped him. I think that's what let him awaken in contrast to the other level 5's.
Also if you think of it like that, how Rensa uses it makes a lot more sense as she has no knowledge of magic or how the white wings worked, but similar to Accel with LO, she did change her thoughts to simply wanting to make sure Yakumi lived. Though I suppose the explanation that Accel did so its fine is plausible, seems like the less obvious choice. The halo specifically may have more of a meaning as Rensa didn't replicate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
We can be 99% sure that you need to get the information of the song to awaken because otherwise why would Accelerator not have awoken when fighting Amai? He was just as backed into a corner and as desperate as when he fought Kihara and he was also dealing with a gunshot wound.
I dunno, I think it is still 50/50. It has been said that the wings come when he is pushed into a corner (Rensa said this also and is all she needed to activate her black wings). Of course the people that said that in the novels are all science side, which is why I'm still not entirely willing to rule it out.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 15:37   Link #676
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

On a side note: this doesn't exactly go here. However, as a question, for those people who have read Index up through here: We've seen Touma use IB. We've seen the thing inside Touma's right hand a few times. We saw it used when he fought Fiamma. I just noticed something interesting.

We know Kamijou means the one superior to God. We also know it also means the one who purifies God and exorcises the devil.

I think there's another power hidden within Imagine Breaker, but I am not sure. This might be Terra had speculated on, but I'm not sure.

Let me give the following reason:

Book 22, Aleister's conversation with Fiamma:

Fiamma’s eyebrows moved ever so slightly.

He was recalling whatever it was that had flowed out from within when he had severed that boy’s right arm.

“What was that?” (Fiamma said)

“I’m sure you know,” Aleister responded as if spitting out the words. “Other than the fact that the format you were basing it on was much too old, what you were trying to do is very similar to my plan. They are both the idea to change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power, drawing out the power of the right arm within that temple, and readjusting the thickness of the phase itself with that power. How is Academy City different from a small world that has sealed a certain type of power? You just need to look at your own actions from a different viewpoint. Just by doing that, you should be able to understand the true nature of that power. …If you had succeeded in doing that, you may have reached our goal before I did.”

The victor glanced down the slope and spoke as his body dissolved into the air.

“…You tried to explain that right hand, Imagine Breaker…and even The One Who Purifies God using only something at the level of Christianity. That was your mistake.” (says Aleister Crowley).

Aleister Crowley said Touma uses IB and he was referring to the thing inside the hand as The one who Purifies God. He didn't say the one who exorcises the devil. I'm wondering if the even greater power that Touma used to suppress the one who purifies God was the power of the one who exorcises the devil (he might have used this to regrow his hand)? Are there 3 separate powers inside IB: the power of negation, the power to purify God, and the power to exorcise the devil? Or there might be a separate power for exorcising the devil so that Touma might be able to get strong enough in order to beat Othinus?

I'm curious because he didn't say the one who purifies God and the one who exorcises the devil... which means there could be another hidden aspect. (it could also be a translation error, but I don't think JS06 makes many errors and little to no important errors).

Kamachi pointed out a subtle hint previously about the difference between the one who is superior to God and the meaning the one who purifies God and who exorcises the devil.

I think Touma himself is the one who is superior to God and the thing inside his hand is the one who purifies God and who exorcises the devil or there are two things inside... that would make sense right... maybe?

Also, when Othinus suppressed Touma's power, I think the power within IB we saw in NT 4 was still a glimpse of its true power. Given that Othinus is a magic God, and Touma is superior to God, he should be stronger at full power...

Yeah: this was kind of off-topic but seeing that scene with Rensa in this volume reminded me of this whole topic.

On-topic. About the wings and the halo. I think the wings represent the change in Accelerator's mentality. I have another conjecture that may be it:

However, Accelerator's halo is a completely different story:

If we call the sins Accelerator committed in the Sister experiments Accelerator's "original sin" (because this happened before he had a chance to think for himself, before his illusions were broken by Touma), then maybe: he gets the halo when he becomes purified of his "original sin" like the members of God's right seat tried to accomplish. Maybe this was the requirement for him to become angel-like/ at a level that surpasses simply science. In this case, the halo itself was a direct result of Index's song because he was able to think about new vectors in the form of magic that affected his thoughts and mind in such a way that they showed how he lost his "original sin" (something that can only be achieved through the use of magic like what God's right seat tried to do themselves). He had overcome what he had done before. Kamachi says that he had surpassed the threshold of being described by good and evil and he even has saint-like qualities at the end of the first part of the main series. (I still wonder how Tsuchimikado knew this fact about Accelerator in Volume 2 of NT... if even Yakumi/Rensa didn't know much about it... I doubt the magic side knew anything...)

Accelerator hasn't been able to become an Angel again/ Quasi-level 6 (I don't think he's a level 6 until when he has the halo) since then maybe because when he actually needed to: while fighting Kakine and being cornered, for example, Accelerator's thoughts that he had overcome saving the Sisters were broken when Kakine remarked about the dead sisters who might still harbor negative feelings for Accelerator.

In Volume 7, his full powers definitely weren't needed and he wasn't cornered, so he didn't transform.

In the upcoming volumes we might see his angel form again though because the will of the Misaka network relieved his mind about the thoughts of the dead sisters (I think).

Anyone else agree with this?

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 16:36.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 21:49   Link #677
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
she has a blind trust, at least she has a good opinion of him.
I hope we will have a flashback on how the 2 met.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:27   Link #678
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I alway thought there be more of Misaki in NT7 but they end up didn't even meet face to face.

Also, I want to know more of Fräulein Kreutun, is she staying with Touma? would we be seeing more of her in furture? And after eating Yakumi's existence what did she gain?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:34   Link #679
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I prefer so, the climate between Touma / Shiage and Umidore was tense with the conversation, if Misaki and Mikoto appeared there, destroy it, but I agree that it could have explored otherwise, but let's wait for the future.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:32   Link #680
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I gotta say I always knew Hamazura was described as not being the most handsome guy but that picture cements him as lower than average. Which makes me think back to the anime when he appeared in it he wasn't that ugly, was he? I need to go back and see it again, and Touma in the anime needs to look more like in the LN's the anime as great as it is (my favorite by far) doesn't do justice to how Touma should look at least imo.
at least in the anime he looks above average. don't forget, kamijou is suppose to be the average man(plus the major animation improvement for kamijou in the op of railgun S made him look somewhat handsome from my perspective).

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-06-09 at 02:03.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote