AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-11-07, 15:51   Link #661
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's a former Navy SEAL who apparently has an inside track. He wasn't actually there when Osama was killed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 16:50   Link #662
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's a former Navy SEAL who apparently has an inside track. He wasn't actually there when Osama was killed.
There or not, if he really is a former SEAL, I believe they aren't supposed to talk about details like this.

I guess it might be like what Anh_Minh said
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 16:55   Link #663
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or a SEAL that was bothered by the way the story came out in the media. If it gave the wrong impression of the SEALs and their task I mean.
Old 2011-11-07, 17:16   Link #664
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or a SEAL that was bothered by the way the story came out in the media. If it gave the wrong impression of the SEALs and their task I mean.
Well, the thing that bothers me is that, this wouldn't be the first time that details of an operation were muddy. So if the truth is what matters, there are other means besides a book to spread the word.

Now what bothers me next is, in the article linked above, that's as about as much details of the truth that I'd care about, so what else is in the book? Just how many words does it take to explain how Laden died is what I'm getting at
Old 2011-11-07, 18:06   Link #665
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
There or not, if he really is a former SEAL, I believe they aren't supposed to talk about details like this.

I guess it might be like what Anh_Minh said
Or it could be someone who wasn't a SEAL at all. It wouldn't be the first one someone lies about his credentials to secure a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Because he wants them to be thought of as cold blooded murderers?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 18:15   Link #666
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the article suggests that the way it came out originally makes them out to be cold blooded murderers. The article suggests that the author has them come in differently and gun down an Bin Laden that was actively defending himself, and that they were given orders to capture if possible, instead of what the various media reports seems to suggest they shot and killed an unarmed man (who still didn't surrender), which makes it seem more like an order to kill him in cold blood (which the author suggests would be an illegal order).

The rest of the book would probably be about politics, the trail to Bin Laden, and probably a lot of finger pointing as to who was right and who was wrong. And stuff against the administraton for coming out and saying "we killed him" so quickly (suggesting the intel in Bin Laden's place was made invalid because we said we got him there before we had time to go over any of it. All the hard drives, papers, and whatnots). Books like that usually have to tell huge amounts of backstory and sources and counter sources and theories all around the basically three pages of substance it offers.
Old 2011-11-07, 19:47   Link #667
justsomeguy

Chuck Pfarrer is supposedly a former SEAL, and most of his ideas of what actually happened are believable, but what bothers me is how he thinks Obama could have possibly kept the raid secret. After all, it took place in a town full of Pakistani military families, a wrecked helicopter tail was left behind, and Bin Laden's wives and kids were left alive as well. There's not enough time to analyze the intel, plan action, and carry out action before the story got out.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:06   Link #668
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Chuck Pfarrer is supposedly a former SEAL, and most of his ideas of what actually happened are believable, but what bothers me is how he thinks Obama could have possibly kept the raid secret. After all, it took place in a town full of Pakistani military families, a wrecked helicopter tail was left behind, and Bin Laden's wives and kids were left alive as well. There's not enough time to analyze the intel, plan action, and carry out action before the story got out.
Not to mention before the raid even finished, news of it hit Twitter first (or was that Facebook )

In today's world, I don't think they could have covered up social networking
Old 2011-11-07, 20:13   Link #669
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is why I doubt certain coverup conspiracy stories, simply due to the massive numbers of people that would either have to be in on it or how super stealthy a group would need to be to go unnoticed by thousands of people.
Old 2011-11-15, 14:03   Link #670
mangatron

http://news.yahoo.com/spec-ops-comma...090244352.html

I'm not sure if I'm laughing or.... okay, the emote says I am but seriously, when it was SpecOps command that says it's fake, I think that's as close to the source as you can get, and not some book that hit Amazon's top 20 list.

That part where it says they won't even investigate if SEALs talked to him was icing on the cake. They were trained not to talk.
Old 2011-11-15, 18:22   Link #671
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Man, who gives a damn if he was shot defending himself or was killed in cold blood? It's Osama fricking Bin Laden. He's a lot better dead as a doornail than anything else.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:00   Link #672
leehowachi

team usa -1, team osama- withdraw
leehowachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:44   Link #673
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Man, who gives a damn if he was shot defending himself or was killed in cold blood? It's Osama fricking Bin Laden. He's a lot better dead as a doornail than anything else.
And I must say: what else is there left to talk about this subject? Move on already.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote