AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2021-03-14, 18:30   Link #581
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Elsa's regenerate ability is not unlimited she can actually die after if she killed a set number of times. Elsa is also not really vampire as part of an experiment her body was modified with a curse that gave her some vampiric properties as a byporduct. This all come from a side novel about her and isn't touch upon in he main story, but you cna look on her wiki page for more info.
So basically Garfiel outkilled her .
Quote:
The thing is Ram's feelings were that strong even when Rem was there, through this more empathized in the books than anime. There is also nothing about Rem in this scenario that would even influence Ram's feelings towards Roswaal because this isn't about her.
And Subaru hasn't told her about Rem in this timeline yet.
Old 2021-03-14, 18:56   Link #582
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And Subaru hasn't told her about Rem in this timeline yet.
It wouldn't change a single thing anyway.
Old 2021-03-14, 23:45   Link #583
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It wouldn't change a single thing anyway.
I guess it's something to worry about once all this is over...and if the mansion is burned to a crisp, where all they're going to go and live .
Old 2021-03-15, 04:17   Link #584
GDB

He's rich, he can build another mansion.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 02:26   Link #585
Applehell

Quote:
I guess it's something to worry about once all this is over...and if the mansion is burned to a crisp, where all they're going to go and live .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's rich, he can build another mansion.
On other Emilia, twins lived there too so all their things probably got burned up too
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 10:09   Link #586
Frontier

Puck may not be able to be with Emilia like he used to be, but he'll still help her as much as he is able to. He'll always be there for Lia, whether through deeds or spirit .

Emilia thinking all the Ryuzu clones were born from an actual mother was hilarious. Less hilarious was the main Ryuzu sacrificing herself and the original to finally truly free Sanctuary, but I guess this was the resolution they had dreamed about all this time. I wonder what's next for all the Ryuzu's now that they're free and don't have to take care of Sanctuary ?

Roswaal cradling Ram like that shows he does care about her, at least to some extent, even if he near killed her in blind rage from her burning his book. I don't think she'd appreciate him being in a stupor with no idea what to do and still talking about Echidna, but he's still probably a long ways away from getting over his old crush. Sorry Ram .

Look at Emilia giving Roswaal a stern talking to and leading everyone to safety! She's really taking charge and carving a path forward on her own power and will! I'm so proud of her .

Poor Beatrice was left by her mother to take care of her repository of knowledge, and that's all she was ever intended to be, only clinging to the hope of some generic "that person" who could possibly take her away from there. She's just been wracked with crippling loneliness and despair, especially when anyone and everyone she cared about has left her or died. Even Puck, who she apparently knew before all this, was able to move on through Emilia .

So Roswaal has had a bunch of identical looking descendants? He was looking into something like soul replication, so has he been body-jumping into his descendants to carry out his plans and reunite with Echidna? Or did it finally take with his current body, which is why the have the same voice ?

Some light fanservice with naked Frederica covering herself up with some cloth .

So what are they going to do with Maylie? Turn her over to whatever accounts for the police in this universe? The knights? To be honest, I don't envy anyone who might need to conduct a police investigation into whatever happened at the mansion .

Subaru can't be some idealized "that person" for Beatrice, but he can be a person who cares for and cherishes her, and knows that deep down she's a kind person who just wants to find someone to cure her loneliness. He can't live forever, but he can be with her for the rest of his life and carve into her his spirit and the memories they're going to share. And that is enough to finally get Beatrice to decide to live and move on, and with that she finally calls Subaru by his name .

C'mon Petra, I know you wanted to make a point and all, but did poor Otto deserve that slap ?

You thought Subaru's epic entrances were done this season? No! Now it's time for him to finish the fight with Great Rabbit, with Beatrice in tow! Let's finish this, Subaru !!!
Old 2021-03-17, 10:55   Link #587
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Roswaal B. Mathers was voiced by Kouki Koyasu, Takehito Koyasu's son. That was a nice touch.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 11:39   Link #588
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Roswaal B. Mathers was voiced by Kouki Koyasu, Takehito Koyasu's son. That was a nice touch.
I forgot Koyasu had a kid, but that's hilarious .

(Imagine if he'd voiced Giorno...)
Old 2021-03-17, 19:52   Link #589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Does Roswaal's book constantly update itself? Because otherwise I don't see why he'd be so upset at losing it, since 400 years should be long enough to finish one book.

Beatrice finally going out into the world was nice, but all I could think about was how fucking long it took for the story to get there. It should have happened a dozen episodes ago. Now that it's coming to a close, I don't see why this arc had to be this long.

Quote:
That's really cool.
Old 2021-03-17, 20:19   Link #590
Frontier

Quote:
Beatrice finally going out into the world was nice, but all I could think about was how fucking long it took for the story to get there. It should have happened a dozen episodes ago. Now that it's coming to a close, I don't see why this arc had to be this long.
To extend Subaru's suffering ?

Although in all seriousness I think it was mostly for buildup to the second half.
Old 2021-03-17, 20:55   Link #591
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
The series having so many ongoing threads is definitely both its strength and its weakness. Thanks to it we got a very well developed main and supported cast, we are aware of the goals and motivation of many of the standing players, from Subaru all the way down to Otto. That did come at the price of a slower season though.

I understand that many people prefer faster moving series, but personally this is just right my alley. I do have a soft spot for works that take their time developing everything. The goal being only a byproduct of excellent buildup.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 00:14   Link #592
HandofFate

So who would Puck be that Beatrice knew as her big bro
Old 2021-03-18, 01:24   Link #593
Applehell

Quote:
Does Roswaal's book constantly update itself? Because otherwise I don't see why he'd be so upset at losing it, since 400 years should be long enough to finish one book..
It does.

Quote:
For same the reasons Rem's problems took 6 episodes to resolve in S1 and Subaru, the entire 2nd half of S1. This arc is developing multiple people with deep-rooted & layer problems that some random kid from another world wouldn't address overnight just because he exist.

Like Betty, Emilia and Garf have lived this way long before Subaru came to their world. They aren't kind of problems that are so light or it can just fix yourself otherwise they have won't be suffering from them to begin with it. How long it takes them to find a resolution isn't important as the hows & whys at least here. Their issues either carry enough weight that Roswaal could manipulate them and Subaru's achieve his goals or don't which in that case Subaru was never needed at all.

And to be honest the meat of Re:Zero is ultimate the process of how everything comes together form all the various plot threads and relationships. Which is why Re:Zero is classic example of a journey being more important that destination type of story. I can understand some people having issue with that but I love getting into the weeds each arc of this series finding how effects every character because it also impact a lot of aspect of its world & lore.

Last edited by Applehell; 2021-03-18 at 12:38.
Old 2021-03-18, 10:47   Link #594
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Can someone explain the difference between the black clothed clone, the silent white ones, and the one who sacrificed herself? If I ever knew, I forgot.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 11:22   Link #595
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Can someone explain the difference between the black clothed clone, the silent white ones, and the one who sacrificed herself? If I ever knew, I forgot.
The Ryuzus who don't talk are like drones, have no will of their own and just follow orders given to them by the talking ones or by an Apostle of Greed.

The talking ones in black are Arma, Bilma and Delma; they are like the admins of the sanctuary. The talking one in white is Shima, she was exiled since she took the trial by accident and that's forbidden (even if accidental) for the Ryuzus.

Wouldn't be so sure on Shima sacrificing herself, her internal monologue was in Echidna's voice for some reason. Why would she think in Echidna's voice I wonder?

Last edited by Tokkan; 2021-03-18 at 12:28.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 12:06   Link #596
Frontier

Quote:
The Ryuzus who don't talk are like drones, have no will of their own and just follow orders given them by an the talking ones or by an Apostle of Greed.

The talking ones in black are Arma, Bilma and Delma; they are like the admins of the sanctuary. The talking one in white is Shima, she was exiled since she took the trial by accident and that's forbidden (even if accidental) for the Ryuzus.

Wouldn't be so sure on Shima sacrificing herself, her internal monologue was in Echidna's voice for some reason. Why would she think in Echidna's voice I wonder?
Weren't the clones created as part of Echidna's immortality experiments? Maybe it was successful in some respect .
Old 2021-03-18, 12:46   Link #597
Applehell

Quote:
Weren't the clones created as part of Echidna's immortality experiments? Maybe it was successful in some respect .
Ryuzu Blima said as much in ep 10. But there were problems whenever Echidna tried to pass her soul into one of them, it was too large for their bodies to act as vessels for her. Before she died tho, Echidna had been looking into soul compression as a way to fix that problem.

Beyond that, the clones weren't originally created to be caretakers of Sanctuary. That was just secondary objective Echidna gave incase she died an untimely death. So she made a clone system that Tokkan mentioned to keep things running.
Old 2021-03-21, 03:14   Link #598
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Ryuzu Blima said as much in ep 10. But there were problems whenever Echidna tried to pass her soul into one of them, it was too large for their bodies to act as vessels for her. Before she died tho, Echidna had been looking into soul compression as a way to fix that problem.

Beyond that, the clones weren't originally created to be caretakers of Sanctuary. That was just secondary objective Echidna gave incase she died an untimely death. So she made a clone system that Tokkan mentioned to keep things running.
Since Echidna created a fairy as huge as Puck, and Puck can hide in the small crystal, it is hard to believe that Echidna cannot fit into the small elf. While Subaru can only use lower end shadow magic, with all her arcane knowledge. Echidna could master all elemental magic with perfect scores. Is her actual form as huge as the Attack of the Six-Foot Woman?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 10:13   Link #599
Frontier

It's still surreal hearing Beatrice call Subaru by his name, but she feels like such a sassy tsundere now (although I guess she always was). It's so great seeing her smiling and peppy with Subaru by her side, and them tag-teaming Great Rabbit along with Emilia together .

I can't think of a more fitting fate for Great Rabbit than getting stuck in another dimension with nothing to consume but itself...I guess that still leaves the black serpent for Subaru to deal with .

So Beatrice didn't know Roswaal was the same Roswaal the whole time? He only just revealed that to her know? And he's been using his descendants to body jump this whole time? Which sounds actually kind of terrifying when you think about it, and deserves more than a shoe slap, but maybe after all this there's the potential for the old Roswaal to come back from this after this current self has lost so utterly. At least Beatrice was able to find someone she thought she had lost .

So Beatrice joins the Rem camp of the "I don't need to be number one, so long as that person is my number one" camp. I mean, it's a camp of Best Girls, so she fits right in .

That's Echidna's real face? So she looked more...human? Her face in the tea party is her trying to present herself differently ?

I thought Emilia was going to have a serious talk with Subaru about their relationship...and then it turns out she thought she was pregnant this whole time after their kiss. Puck, you sonuvagun !

Now it's time for everybody to beat up Roswaal. He totally deserves it, but now he's also got Ram to take care and console his wounds. I'm happy Ram's okay, but she deserves better, though I guess there's no accounting for taste in love. I'd ditch Roswaal to the curb if I could, but he's more useful as an ally than he is otherwise, so if he's willing to swear an oath to protect everyone, I guess he's worth keeping around (sorry Petra) .

Subaru has been earning the status of Emilia's knight in word and deed, so now it's time to finally make it official! He's come a long way from when he arrogantly decided it was him during the Royal Selection meeting, and now he really is a genuine knight with the nice uniform and sword. He even got to be knighted by Emilia looking stunning in that royal regalia. Not bad if I do say so myself .

I was wondering what they were going to do about Ram and Rem, but it seems like they told Ram off-screen, so now Ram is taking care of Rem, which is very sweet to see .

Petra in a dress! It was also nice to see everyone at that party and genuinely happy. And Frederica preventing Garfiel from drinking like a proper big sister .

I'm guessing they turned Maylie into the knights or some authority figure? I wonder if we'll ever see her again...

What a pleasant way to close things out with Subaru and Emilia having a romantic evening balcony talk amidst a party, swearing their oath and loyalty towards each other and acknowledging how important they are to each other. Is one of the things Emilia wanted to talk to Subaru privately about was her confessing her feelings? Or was it just to ask him to go with her through whatever she plans to do to become ruler? Either way, it's evident just how much Emilia cares for Subaru, especially when you see her smiling face while they're dancing. What a way to close things out !

Subaru did it! He helped free Sanctuary, stop Roswaal's plans, helped his companions overcome their emotional trauma, saved everyone in the mansion and stop two deadly assassins, defeated the Great Rabbit, and now/maybe/kind/sorta got the girl? And in a loop where he didn't even die once! All that's left is getting Emilia elected, stopping the Witch Cult, freeing the elves, saving Rem, and probably a whole host of other stuff. But for now he should enjoy the moment with Emilia by his side .
Old 2021-03-24, 17:01   Link #600
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, putting aside the whole *ahem* “misguiding” by Puck, the fact that Emilia was completely willing and serious about having a baby with Subaru, even with everything going on, is in its own way an answer to his feelings.....