So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xburnout View Post
Kinnnn tamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Lol that was sadly my favorite part
Old 2009-08-01, 20:04   Link #42
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Just saw this week's ep, and I am still very curious. Do they ever explain why there are children in Amazon Lily?

Also, Hancock is a horrible, horrible person ^_^;;
Old 2009-08-02, 04:42   Link #43
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
Just saw this week's ep, and I am still very curious. Do they ever explain why there are children in Amazon Lily?

Hancock pirates probably abduct small girls and bring them into the island.

When you're saying that Hancock is evil then you must mention that she is also the most beautiful - that's the law... at least in Amazon Lily XD
Old 2009-08-02, 08:47   Link #44
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
True, but she's hot so I can forgive her.
Plus I love how she looks down on people so much she ends up looking straight up. It's great she has a silly side to her as well. And only Luffy could discover someone's secret in such a way on the first darn meeting. But next week we get some action! Sadly we also get to see delicious Marguerite turned to stone as well, Luffy ain't gonna let that go.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 19:52   Link #45
SMASHERJACKSON

man one pieces animation rly fluxuates, 411 was rly well animated despite the lack of action, would hav thought they could hav done that for the entire sabody arc instead but owel
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 04:55   Link #46
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
man one pieces animation rly fluxuates, 411 was rly well animated despite the lack of action, would hav thought they could hav done that for the entire sabody arc instead but owel
There were times when animations in 411 went to hell, like Hancock's maid head suddenly grew 3 times its size Oo
Old 2009-08-03, 08:17   Link #47
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
There were times when animations in 411 went to hell, like Hancock's maid head suddenly grew 3 times its size Oo
That could've been comic relief
I liked 411...
The animation for One Piece are really good though...
Even the fillers.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 03:29   Link #48
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Man, Luffy was awesome in this week's episode. I'm right there with him; I positively hate Hancock (that's the point, but her attitude is by far one of the worst I've seen in this show so far ^_^;.

The action heats up next week, can't wait for more!
Old 2009-08-09, 05:25   Link #49
Crimson Reaper

Ahhhh it's Noro Noro!!.....No wait it's just Mero Mero. Trust Luffy to be immune to it, freakin loved how they all tilted in puzzlement as well. Normally I would be against violence against cats but I loved Luffy's punch! Pffft giant animals? Luffy was owning them loooooong ago. Great expressions on his face as well, feeling the anger right there. The Pistol Kiss didn't look as good as I'd hoped but oh well.
But next week is where it really kicks off, oh yeah!
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 14:50   Link #50
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Awwww man the whole episode is awesome and funny.
Especially Hancock's reaction when Luffy told her she was annoying.
LOL!

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-08-10 at 03:44.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:25   Link #51
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Gotta love the way Luffy punches its something else!

Still loving Boa, they're doing a spot on job with her and can't wait for whats to come
Old 2009-08-09, 22:57   Link #52
Who

...And THAT'S how you do a REAL Falcon PAWNCH.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 20:15   Link #53
solomon

Been a long time scince I kept up with the straw hat crew.

Is it just me or are they having more of those specially animated eps where one or two chaps come on and do a really good job with their scenes?

The entire ep of Luffy being chased by the amazons was quite well done, as was the fights during his "trial".

I forgot how great the seiyuu are even in bit roles here, Kotono Mitsuishi does a great role as Hancock (bitchy but sultry).

Also SHare the World is easily my fav OP
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 12:21   Link #54
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Boa´s sister, the giant lady with the big head regular body and snake tongue, is the weirdest ugliest unbalanced (body) character i have ever seen
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 23:49   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ho ho 413 is pretty good, Haki blast was cool n all but ep didn't finish how I hoped it would.
Would have been better to have Luffy go into Gear 2nd at end of 413 instead of next cause thats usually what happens.

well next ep should be a blast
Old 2009-08-16, 04:21   Link #56
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

It was pretty good, lol. 413 Haki blast...man...though I thought it would be more powerful...there were still alot of people in the bleaches "left standing" so to speak... But given the results, I guess it was okay...

I can't wait to see gear second...but I don't want to see him start if he's not going to finish, so I'm hoping it will make next weeks episode that much more interesting.

But geez...I know this is blasphemy to the Robin/Nami x Luffy fans but...go go Hancock!

(PS: is it just me, or does anybody else think of Will Smith when they hear that name?? ^+^)
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 04:59   Link #57
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I didnt like haki scene that much.Sure the explosion effect was cool but it was taking just so long.Could've been much more better if that bgm entered a bit earlier and if it was a bit faster.It hurts to watch gorgon sisters shocked faces for 10 seconds and finally seeing only 3-4 person falling down.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 05:39   Link #58
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Agreed, everything was stretched out too much, especially the haki burst. The weak ones in the crowd should have passed out immediately when the burst hit, not 20 seconds later.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 17:25   Link #59
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Maybe it wasn't all that strong? We're comparing Haki to the others that can use it, and assuming its strength should be immeasurable.

Personally, I think as with Luffy leveling up his Gomu Gomu abilities, Haki is the same way, and while he uses it without knowing, the affect is severely limited. It takes practice, willpower, and control.

I think everyone was shocked at the fact he COULD use it, and not about the power of it.

Spoiler for Power of it:

So again, I say I really liked it, even if it may have been stretched out, and been rather weak. What remains to be said, is that it startled the gorgon sisters enough to have them wondering what all this is about. It took out alot of audience members, but it did so slowly. So what? You're saying it Haki shouldn't be able to get stronger as the willpower of the user develops? When you use it on accident just by screaming because your mad, the effect will be limited.

Shanks doesn't even appear to use it, he just walks onto Whitebeards ship, and everyone drops. Luffy didn't do that, he had to be worked up and giving off all of his energy in his fury. But it was still weak. Why? He wasn't controlling it.

So again and lastly, I think it was well done. (maybe a bit too long though, would have liked to see Gear 2 start at the end of the episode...^_^)

Also remember the distance differences. Shanks was really close to the pirates when he walked by them, but on a different scale, Luffy is in the center of an arena that is HUGE, with people not only far away horizontally, but also sitting up high in bleachers. I think that is a notable point as well.
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:08   Link #60
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Saaay, if every devil fruit is unique, how comes there's TWO snake-women in the world? Minor point, but it got my interest.
I think it works something like this

they fall under a general zoan type like reptile(?)

then goes into more specific type:Python, Anaconda, Viper and so forth so forth

think thats how it works