Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-05, 20:27   Link #41
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
As for Kyoto Animation, if they skip a season it's fine by me. Sometimes people need to take a break, especially when it's a small team like that. I don't really take much more than a passing interest in their shows anyway these days. I wonder if Clannad takes a break for a second season later on (which many people are now holding as the gospel truth) and it ends on a huge cliffhanger if people will call it a trainwreck though. I personally wouldn't since it wouldn't be over, but who knows these days.
It's not the fact that Code Geass ended on a disasterous cliffhanger that made it a trainwreck, it was that starting around episode 14-16 or so (sometime during Mao's arc?), we could begin to see faint clues that would it lead to such a epic wreck, and even moreso as it continued on. That it ended on a cliffhanger is just more proof that Okuchi had run out of any ideas at all, as even after several instances of deus ex machina, he had no way to end it even mildly low-key for continuation later on, and so he took the most extreme course to see if it would work (and it did, pretty much everyone who watched the first season will watch the second.)
And as of now, there's no signs at all that Clannad may end up even remotely like the epic trainwreck of 2007, as there may be a wreck, but as of now, there's been no evidence of its possibility, so if it does phail, it will just be like Death Note in that it plummets (I'm not referring to the end, moreso the third arc) instead of "trainwrecks".
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahahaha, a passing thought.
Just that the later the anime comes up, the more time I have to not see Haruhi's face... or Yuki's... or that guy who's not Kyon who's name I forgot... etc's face.
Kyon's is fine though.
That's mildly difficult, especially on Animesuki. I probably see their faces in avatars, sigs, etc. probably ten times in ten minutes if I'm reading through threads.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 21:28   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
It's not the fact that Code Geass ended on a disasterous cliffhanger that made it a trainwreck, it was that starting around episode 14-16 or so (sometime during Mao's arc?), we could begin to see faint clues that would it lead to such a epic wreck, and even moreso as it continued on. That it ended on a cliffhanger is just more proof that Okuchi had run out of any ideas at all, as even after several instances of deus ex machina, he had no way to end it even mildly low-key for continuation later on, and so he took the most extreme course to see if it would work (and it did, pretty much everyone who watched the first season will watch the second.)
And as of now, there's no signs at all that Clannad may end up even remotely like the epic trainwreck of 2007, as there may be a wreck, but as of now, there's been no evidence of its possibility, so if it does phail, it will just be like Death Note in that it plummets (I'm not referring to the end, moreso the third arc) instead of "trainwrecks".

That's mildly difficult, especially on Animesuki. I probably see their faces in avatars, sigs, etc. probably ten times in ten minutes if I'm reading through threads.
Okay, if you say so. Seems "Trainwreck" is not only lacking in firm definition these days, but it is also a subjective term as well.

I'll tell you what, you watch the second season out of obligation and a desire to see a "trainwreck" and I'll watch the second season because I've long since planned to and because I think the story and charaters are very interesting and well written for the type of series they are in. That and I actually have a lot of faith in Sunrise, like many people have in Kyoani for example. They have only done me wrong once (Gundam Seed Destiny) while doing me right many many times. If in the end the plot goes nowhere, so be it, I will be disappointed and move on, but only once it reaches the end will I reach my conclusion, not a minute before. Deal?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-03-05 at 21:42.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 22:42   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

Code Geass isn't a trainwreck, it's a roller coaster
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 22:57   Link #44
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

and I just don't watch it because I am not interested =/
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 23:46   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Code Geass isn't a trainwreck, it's a roller coaster
That I will completely 100% agree with. The rollercoaster is bound to slow down a bit with the beginning of the second season though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:27   Link #46
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
hmm my list for this season

Sure to watch list:
Code Geass R2
Vampire Knight
xxxHolic season 2
Junjou Romantica
(and if Suzukiya is going to air that too)

and the maybe factor, depends if i like it when airing...
Monochrome Factor
Toshokan Sensou
Kyou Kara Maou! 3rd Season (first ahve to watch S1+2, was planning on watching them soemtime)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 20:05   Link #47
Oppius
Banned

My first thoughts on Spring 2008 release...

1. BUS GAMER
Another bishounen anime made by Kazuya Minekura. I actually liked Gensomaden Saiyuki but this one seems to short(3 episodes). Maybe I should give it a try. Prediction: May watch it

2. Golgo 13
Although I never watch it movies and OVAs, I think this one will be good even I did not like the character designs(Osamu Tezuka-ish).Old GAR always win.
Prediction: MUST watch it!

3. Ikuze Gen-san
While still no synopsis available but I'm pretty sure this is a shounen according to its promotional poster. It just looks too cute and kiddy for me.
Prediction: May not watch it

4. Kyou Kara Maou! 3rd Season
Its a shoujo anime. Yes that was right. This show just for girls. While I don't have anything against this anime but I'm not interested on it either.
Prediction: Will never watch it

5. Allison to Lillia
A World War 2 anime? However I'm quite interested on it since WW2 is a very rare setting for anime. While I'm not interested on its character designs but I'm sure this one will be good, if I heard someone say so.
Prediction: May watch it if I heard something good about it

6. Kanokon
A harem/ecchi anime! I knew it. Numbers of episode still unknown possibly more than 20. I hate to make comparison but Rosario + Vampire(another harem/ecchi show) have better character designs than this one. I just wait anyone else will say about this one.

7. Zettai Karen Children
Looks similar to Powerpuff Girls. Three super powered girls possibly fighting “evil”? I think I’ll pass. However, I do kinda like the retro styled artwork… no idea if it’ll be like that for the anime though.

8. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
The only show that I looked forward to besides Golgo 13 since I already seen the first season. Hope it will not suck since the first season ended with cliffhanger.
Prediction: Must watch it!

9. Nabari no Ou
While the premise for the story sounds utterly ridiculous, I may keep my eye on this one simply due to the "I'm going to be the king" thingie. Possibly Naruto and Air Gears of 2008.

10. Soul Eater
Another shounen show. Since I never saw its manga, so I decided let the others judge it for me.

11. Vampire Knight
Another video game adaptation with supernatural theme after Persona -trinity soul-. I'm not a huge fans of vampire thingies but then I let someone else judge this show for me too.

12. Monochrome Factor
I really feel that this is a very typical shounen. In addition, I do not really care about shounen as usual, so this is out for me but it just looks so...yaoi.

13. Uchino 3 Shimai
This anime is based on a very popular parenting blog on three sisters? You must be joking. I don't think any fansub groups interested on this show.

14. Kamen no Maid Guy
Another butler show after Hayate Combat Butler?! Except the guy's not a butler.. but a maid wearing a mask?? This could be a riot or be complete crap.

15. Kaiba
I don't people going to be interested on this but Mamiko Noto will be there as seiyuu.

16. Crystal Blaze
This show still a mystery to me. I don't any screenshots of it except the picture of a gun and a glass of whisky.

17. D.C. II S.S.~Da Capo II Second Season~
I never saw the first season and I'm going to watch the first one either.

18. RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Sounds like cyber punk. I am steam punk guy, so not my cup-of-tea.

19. Himitsu Top Secret
Philosophical science fiction but the character designs seem shoujo-ish.

20. Toshokan Sensou
NERD WARNING!

21. Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Male versions of Spice Wolf? The character designs just too yaoi-ish for my taste.

22. Nijuu Menzou Musume
Aya Hirano + BONES!!! Sound like a good recipe!

23. To Love-Ru
I don’t live in the Love Hina era anymore. Sorry, no offense. Just no more.

24. xxxHOLic Ke
Not fan of CLAMP and not the fan of the first season either.

25. Kure-nai
Possibly the weirdest show in this season. I'm not fan of this weird thingie.

26. S-A ~Special-A~
Another Ouran! But with more female characters and possibly less comedy.

27. Junjou Romantica
Sorry, I don’t do serious yaoi. Jokes in Genshiken and Ouran are about as far as I go. *looks instead to the Shoujo-ai/Yuri DVD shelves*

28. The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~
RPG adapted series? Sorry for my cynicism, but I have never seen a single RPG adapted anime that actually looks good and works well.

29. Itazura na Kiss
Another shoujo...I'm loss for my words...

30. Neo Angelique Abyss
My yaoi-loving friends has been hyped up by the knowledge of such an anime. Me? I do not waste time watching something simply for bishies.

31. Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
More shits and giggles is always good, but probably not worth watching.

32. Amatsuki
Not a big fan of Japanese history, not a fan of Gintama either.

33. Blassreiter
I already sick with zombies.

As a shoujo-ai/yuri fan, this season is disappointment. Maybe I should wait to this summer for Fourth Season of Maria-sama ga Miteru and Candy Boy.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 23:26   Link #48
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
11. Vampire Knight
Another video game adaptation with supernatural theme after Persona -trinity soul-. I'm not a huge fans of vampire thingies but then I let someone else judge this show for me too.
Vampire Knight isn't a video game adaptation. It's a manga adaptation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 01:56   Link #49
Oppius
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Vampire Knight isn't a video game adaptation. It's a manga adaptation.
I knew that too but there is an arcade shooting game also titled as "Vampire Knight" and I was confused. Thanks for telling me the real fact about this show.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 05:35   Link #50
Westlo
Lets be reality

Macross (duh) and Soul Eater are my tips to get subforums.

Quote:
25. Kure-nai
Possibly the weirdest show in this season. I'm not fan of this weird thingie.
I think this show will surprise quite a few people when it airs if it follows the manga/light novels. And after seeing what Brains Base did with Baccano I don't see why it won't.

Quote:
26. S-A ~Special-A~
Another Ouran! But with more female characters and possibly less comedy.
I think the Special A manga started before Ouran's manga, after reading a lot more of the manga I would rather have Mamoru instead of Jun as Kei but that would just escalate the "It's another Ouran" thing.
Old 2008-03-07, 09:41   Link #51
Cloudy

Will be watching:
Wagya no oinari sama
Vampire knights
S.A
Geass R2
Macross F
Soul eater
Nabari no ou
Monochrome factor

It seems that this season has more bishounens than bishoujos than previous spring season. :3

Wonder why there is little to no love for oinari sama here.
Old 2008-03-07, 09:59   Link #52
Kristen
*Author

Well, let's see... I'm definately going to watch Haruhi II if that comes out in the spring. I'll also be watching Da Capo II S.S., although it may take until mid-Summer for subs to be fully released for that. I'll also probably be watching Persona for my fansub group, and Kanokon. I also want to watch Penguin Musume, and actually want to sub it, but I need a TL first.

I definately will not be watching Code Geass R2, since my anime club is starting season 1 this semester and will be finishing next. I haven't watched it and only intend to watch it with them.
Old 2008-03-07, 10:01   Link #53
LKK

Quote:
I think the Special A manga started before Ouran's manga, after reading a lot more of the manga I would rather have Mamoru instead of Jun as Kei but that would just escalate the "It's another Ouran" thing.
I've heard the "It's another Ouran" thing in several places now. That's unfortunate because the two aren't all that similar. They have two things in common. They're both comedies, and they both star a lower middle class girl attending a super-elite private school. I'm sure in the history of anime there have been other series with that sort of set-up besides Ouran, haven't there? Other than those two commonalities, S.A. and Ouran are very different series.

S.A. and Vampire Knight are my Will Definitely Be Watching This Season series. Other shows I'm considering (in descending order of likelihood of actually watching) are:
Monochrome Factor
Nabari no Ou
Junjou Romantica
Itazura na Kiss
Neo Angelique Abyss
Amatsuki
Himitsu Top Secret

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-03-07, 11:07   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

The problem when you have something that is as popular as Ouran is that anything that is somewhat similar to it is going to get hit with the "It's another Ouran" tag. Like I said in my above post I'm pretty sure the S.A manga predates Ouran (anyone able to confirm that?) so you would think that would be enough to kill that train of thought... but sadly it won't be...
Old 2008-03-07, 11:37   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally think that Special A has more in common with KareKano. A cool well-to-do guy, a poor girl, a big rivalry between the two with the girl trying to one up the guy, and some romance between the two. And going by the silhouttes of the title, it isn't the reverse harem that Ouran was.

Then again, in the end it won't really matter, as I expect it to be close to neither show. We'll see...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:10   Link #56
LKK

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the S.A manga predates Ouran (anyone able to confirm that?)
Baka-Updates Manga says that both series started in 2003. It doesn't list their debut months. That's as much as I could confirm. My opinion is that the two started close enough in time that to say one inspired the other is unjustified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally think that Special A has more in common with KareKano. A cool well-to-do guy, a poor girl, a big rivalry between the two with the girl trying to one up the guy, and some romance between the two. And going by the silhouttes of the title, it isn't the reverse harem that Ouran was.
I don't know anything about KareKano so I can't compare it to S.A., but what you said about the set-up is true. S.A. is definitely not a reverse harem. The boy-girl ratio is about as even as it can get with an odd number of main characters. The main cast consists of 4 boys and 3 girls. Only 1 boy has any romantic interest in the main female character, Hikari. (He does have a romantic rival though because one of the secondary female characters is also interested in Hikari.)

Old 2008-03-08, 05:45   Link #57
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

My watchlist are:
- xxxHOLiC Kei
- Code Geass R2
Watanuki and Lelouch in same season, hope my brain won't mix them up
- Macross F
Watched the first episode and it looks neat.
- Toshokan Sensō
War on freedom of information looks interesting
- Alison to Lilia
From Kino no Tabi writer and WWII setting, I'm in.

Definitely blacklisting Junjō Romantica from watch list. And fanservice shows too.

Like usual I'll download most of the first episode raws to see if there's anything interesting.

Shugo Chara still ongoing for my mahō shōjo fix, just hope satelight pull it right doing Macross F too.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:01   Link #58
xia

OKay, so here's my list although i'll end up probably downloading a few episodes of all those that are fansubbed.

Looking forward too
Allison to Lillia
Nabari no Ou
Soul Eater
Crystal Blaze
RD Sennou Chousashitsu
S-A ~Special-A~ - yes yes yes
Itazura na Kiss - yes yes yes!
Amatsuki
Blassreiter

Probably watch
Bus Gamer - its short so it will be quick
Golgo 13
Zettai Karen Children
Vampire Knight
Monochrome Factor
Kamen no Maid Guy
Kaiba
Himitsu Top Secret
Toshokan Sensou
Wagaya no Oinari-sama.
Nijuu Menzou Musume
Kure-nai
The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of URUK~
Neo Angelique Abyss

Most likely pass on
Ikuze Gen-san
Macross Frontier- Never saw any Macross
Kyou Kara Maou! 3rd Season- I need to finish watching the first and second seasons
Kanokon - yeah, have no interest in shows like this
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - Never even seen the first season
D.C. II S.S.~Da Capo II Second Season~
To Love-Ru
xxxHOLic Kei
Junjou Romantica
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:46   Link #59
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Allison to Lillia is an adaptation from a work of Keiichi Sigsawa, the person who wrote Kino no Tabi, one of my favorite anime, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-03-12 at 16:00.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:53   Link #60
Falkor

Even though I may have some sort of “watch list” for this spring season, I end up watching everything that’s luckily available.

The only new show that caught my interest is Allison to Lillia. Reading through some of the summaries floating around, this seems to be the only one that fits perfectly my taste.

And the other one I’m pretty sure of following is Code Geass, which didn’t fail to amuse me the first time around.

Hopefully, I’m going to discover some hidden gem out there…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote