2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-18, 01:44   Link #41
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
However there are a LOT of unnecessary things in the episodes. Just take Gais idiotic "You are ..." jokes as an example ...

Have you seen the older episodes? (Before the °|¢@#¦!!)(/(ç-fillers) ? There were a lot of interesting fights and all of them had more action than 3 of shippuden fights.
You read the manga? D: If I remember correctly, those Gai comments were in the manga.

And for the rest.. maybe if you stop being picky and trying to find all the faults, you'd enjoy the anime more.

I personally thought the pacing was pretty decent, except for some parts in the beginning, otherwise it was very entertaining.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:01   Link #42
xxkuronoxx

i don't know why you people can't see that it sux... if you say so... i think i'll give the animators credit for doing their best... using their feet
xxkuronoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:12   Link #43
jc1104

Lol, in what aspect does it suck? Some parts of the animation were pretty bad.. like Gai running right next to Kisame.. I didn't like that part but for the rest of the anime, I thought it was fine. It was aesthetically pleasing enough to watch and enjoy the episode. I agree a lot of the episodes in Shippuden were slow but this was pretty good.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:18   Link #44
Zek
Eyebrows...

Anime viewers can still enjoy the series on some level just to find out what happens next. But the actual quality of the show is crap.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:19   Link #45
xxkuronoxx

the manga is one of the best made ever... but with the way its being made into an animation... i'm all out of words... like the other people said.. pre-filler animation says it all. that's how it's suppose to be done
Old 2007-05-18, 02:22   Link #46
Azure King
Snr Spammer

i'm getting sick of people saying manga this and manga that.. this is the ANIME section of naruto, just becuase it might be in the manga it doesn't mean that HAVE to be in the anime, sure the two have its pros and cons.

besides i highly doubt that it will take more then 20mins to read the all comments from kakashi and gai in the manga.. but for us anime watchers we have to put up with it for 2-3 (maybe more) episodes and thats like 40-60mins, having 40-60mins of listen to them and then having poorly animated fight sence would get on anyones nerves
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:24   Link #47
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've seen better animation from American cartoons! (Those that outsource to Japan!!) The word of the day is: "STIFF!"

Once again, the pacing of this episode just ruined it for me! And I just have to say it: I don't give a *bleep* about Gai's fight, just keep focused on Naruto and Itachi and get it over with already!

This episode got a 6 from me, 'cause I was feeling generous.

btw, I didn't see any growth out of Naruto in this episode (unless they were talking about the genjustu thing...)
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 02:25   Link #48
xxkuronoxx

if you have read it maybe you would be saying the same thing... or maybe not... pre-filler naruto used to do what? over 2 chapters per ep? now it feels like there's only 1 chapter per episode.. seriously, its frustrating
Old 2007-05-18, 02:29   Link #49
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

I was very happy with this episode. Setting the issue of "chapters-per-episode" aside, the pacing was a great improvement over the previous episode. They kept the scene-switching to a minimum, and fleshed out the details in credible ways (such as the expansion on Naruto's Genjutsu-dispel training). Some of the added fight scenes between Gai and Kisame were pretty amusing too, such as Gai's nonchalant back-whack of a water-clone.

I actually felt pumped-up while watching the fight scenes, which is a good thing.

They also seem to be hinting at a possible Ten-Ten and Neji pairing, given their conversation in both the episode, and the closing bonus chapter. As a manga reader as well, I found this development very amusing for reasons I will not disclose in this thread.

In the context of the Naruto series only, I am giving this episode a 09/10. The only major "gripe" I have with this episode is that they left us on an excruciating cliffhanger for Gai's fight. I really, really want to see it animated.

Oh, and while re-reading this portion of the manga, I analysed it a bit and saw lots and lots of potential for good extended scenes. The POTENTIAL is there, but whether or not they succeed in turning it into a hit depends on their effort. So far their success rate has been quite haphazard.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:46   Link #50
Lumir

Well this ep was... alright. I did find myself drawn into it as i watched it but, the constant bad animation killed the over-all feeling.

As someone mentioned befor, the part were guy and kisame were runinng and a water clone appears ending up gettin struck with guys nunchucks was animated at some of the lowest quality i have ever seen...

Also that new move Lee used was just sad... his body wasnt animated to show his movements, and the yellow lines were supposed to represent the attack... sigh.

I found myself looking past these horrable parts, only to be taken from naruto's "growth", to the Guy and Kisame fight. In fact the title of the EP was "Naruto's Growth". Yet we saw nothing but him powering up and a flash back of his training with Ero Senin, and suddenly the ep ended...

BUT! I know as well as others, sooner or later we are going to get an ep, with action, with hype, that is well animated... has good music... and good pacing. Its just the wait thats getting to me.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:46   Link #51
jc1104

I've read manga up to.. 290 I think, or more.. I didn't read further cause I wanna follow anime only. It is slow indeed but sometimes you gotta watch and not keep thinking about the manga.
Old 2007-05-18, 02:58   Link #52
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Once again, the pacing of this episode just ruined it for me! And I just have to say it: I don't give a *bleep* about Gai's fight, just keep focused on Naruto and Itachi and get it over with already!

btw, I didn't see any growth out of Naruto in this episode (unless they were talking about the genjustu thing...)
lol thats about the same feeling I have.
I really do not have any feelings towards the Gai & Co VS Kisame fight.
the episode title was Narutos Growth.
but really, what Growth?
all we have seen is a little power up.
now get him fighting so we can see what he have learned god damnit!
Naruto VS Uchiha Itachi!
thats what I want to see!

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 03:37   Link #53
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This episode was pretty good, compared to the other Shippuden episodes. Of course, it's crap compared to the others. As people pointed out, if Lee can get pass the sand shield at the fourth gate, then Gai is indeed moving in slow motion. The Neji/Ten-Ten thing was just weird. But since there's actually some fighting, I enjoyed it. Remember episode 13? I almost wanted to give up Naruto at that point.

And by the way the worst part of Naruto IMO was at the Chuunin exam when they switched between the Hokage/Orochimaru fight and Gaara fights. It took like 15 episodes to end both fights because they were switching back and forth too much, each time reshowing a bit of the last. I just hope that these fights won't come to that degree.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 03:39   Link #54
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Lmao, ok I just saw the episode and seriously. I don’t know what the heck you guys are bitching about, it was great. It's pretty obvious that one of the issue is. You guys aren’t being observant or, even trying to read between the lines or, trying to think ahead. I don’t know why, because even I as a Manga reader when I wasn’t reading the Manga I would still notice these things and ask questions, however after picking up the Manga obviously it caused me to become allot more observant and even increase my ability and understanding to read between the lines.

Its not very hard to see that most of the people complaining are not even considering what is really being shown in the Anime, and is impatient about / for all the wrong reasons. Have you guys noticed Itachi's talk with Naruto / Kakashi the past couple of episodes? Lines like, "Don’t worry I wont use the MS, more like I cant use it" or... "Kakashi... don’t tell me you..." don’t you guys think or ask your self what that’s all about? How about the 6 gates that Gai opened, he did what Jesus did with water!(lol) Also aren’t you psyched to see what attack he is going to unleash when Lee went "That stance...." or when Pakun said "Gai are you really going to resort to that attack?".

I mean, the conversations alone and the information released is more then enough and on top of that there was a decent fight between Gai and Kisame. If you guys tire of this pace and are annoyed by it, then you need to get used to it cause it's going to happen, however if you just wait through it things will most likely change and it will slowly go back to those fight after fight, jutsu after jutsu, and just kick ass things sooner or later. Still, always expect those episodes where things are just chill and its conversations, not much action and allot of back and forth stuff.

It's most likely because of Naruto Part 1 things like the Chuunin Exam, Orochimaru's attack on Konoha, the Sannin Battle, Naruto Vs Sasuke, Naruto vs Gaara, Sasuke vs Gaara, the Forest of Death, The sound 4 vs The Konoha Rooki's, People vs People. Fight, after fight, after fight, Jutsu, after jutsu, just uber coolness, Haku and Zabuza arc, revelation of bloodlines, all the different bloodlines, New characters, just all NEW information. All the fans of the anime just kind of fell in to the flow of enjoying nothing but fights, jutsu's, bloodlines, new characters, and expected the flow to be the same for Shippuden. Almost like the flow of Hunter X Hunter, a big test, one task after another, one fight after another, one opponent after another. Hence, everyone now is annoyed with the way it is, and thinks its boring and slow paced because there is allot of conversation. (Like I said give it time, hopefully it will return to that pace, new info, new jutsu, new characters, amazing fights etc...)

The other reason is, high expectations! Tone it down a bit guys, expectations being too high makes things suck, even if its great depending on your expectations it can be the worst shit you ever saw. So just tone it down a bit, and reallyWATCH the anime, don’t just wait for some cool jutsu to be shown, or some insanely epic fight, if this is the flow your expecting, or just waiting for one specific thing (KiNa~ don't make me hurt you~), then there is no way you can enjoy it. Just really try and watch it, listen to the BG music, try and read between the lines of the conversations, look for a meaning as to why the conversation is there in the first place. Ask questions, discuss why, what, where, when, how, if all you have to say is "man this sucked" your not really watching.

That’s all I have to say, and as for the Manga readers who are complaining about the pace of the anime. Seriously guys, who are you kidding we are getting extra stuff that wasn’t in there which isn’t half bad. You guys already know what’s going to happen and what’s to come, so where is all this impatience coming from? Just quit it, it makes the anime watchers who do not read the manga act even worst.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-18 at 04:06.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 04:29   Link #55
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104 View Post
You read the manga? D: If I remember correctly, those Gai comments were in the manga.

And for the rest.. maybe if you stop being picky and trying to find all the faults, you'd enjoy the anime more.

I personally thought the pacing was pretty decent, except for some parts in the beginning, otherwise it was very entertaining.
Those Gai comments were in the manga, but they weren't over-ridiculously-done like how it's being over-ridiculously-done in the anime. How can we enjoy the anime when the faults are so blatant, like the pace, the inferior (well compared to part 1 anyways) animation, and all that good stuff. Anyways, the main reason ppl are frustrated is that they've gone through 2 years of filler and the expectations for the quality of the anime that follows the actual story are overwhelming.

People people, it takes time, you don't jump right into a car race after spending 2 years in a coma.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 05:14   Link #56
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I think it's kinda funny that people are saying part one was so well paced. The sword slowly stabbing Orochimaru over the course of like...4-5 episodes, the endless flashbacks, and other miscellaneous goodies were all hints that the anime team wasn't always sure how to plot things out. I always enjoyed it, but things were occasionally a little bit off.

I think the problem is that people are already trying to compare 14 episodes to the 135 that preceded them. You've got some truly memorable fights in there- Lee VS Gaara, Sasuke VS Naruto, Lee VS Kimimaru (sp?). These fights took building up to. I mean, hell- the first 14 episodes of Naruto only contained 1 really decent fight. These things take time to build up to- especially in a shonen anime that does it's best to break away from some shonen cliches (battle every ep).
Old 2007-05-18, 05:40   Link #57
ignorancia
regret it!

naruto shippuden average ep i think
(as anime-only i don't mind keep watching)

the thing is, i don't recall older naruto's battles being so naruto ball Z's ,the anime crew isn't giving the right credit to new jutsus and techniques imo
so shippuden fails at a lot of things

kisame vs gai battle became so annoying
the crappy animation, the running scene, the last BGM seemed so inadequate

then breaking the meaning of "naruto's growth" in that scene, whats the point?
teasing?

i don't mind this pace, or i don't think the problem is the pace, the problem is that
older naruto series were nothing like this(animation,plot,characters,jutsus,dragging battles,etc,)

shippuden series (besides 1º ep) look like the fillers

is it the budget?
ignorancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 06:17   Link #58
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Pacing was pretty decent this episode, but my god what has happened to the animation? It's like I'm watching the old old Macross series again.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 07:44   Link #59
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
*Sigh*

The fights, animation and pacing lack awesomeness.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 07:47   Link #60
EoT
~~

Ok this episode was very poor. They portrayed Gai as being very weak, his attacks all seem pathetic. Why can't he move around like Lee? he runs so slow and when he had to open his gates it seemed like a Dragon Ball Z power up, they had a 30 second pause just staring at all that power coming out of him.

The only part I enjoyed was Naruto dispelling Itachi's Genjutsu, the rest was horrible.

And it seems I'm not the only one thinking this as seen from the poll, the votes are all over the place.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote