AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-04, 13:23   Link #41
lamer_de

Quote:
1. What is the translation for the sentence that just pops up (the one with HICBC.com in it)?
It's some advertisement for another show (iirc it was sailor moon live action, don't nail me on that though ).

Quote:
2. Is this sentence also in the A-Keep version?
Yes, as it was in the raw. I don't know of clean way to remove scrolling text (besides cutting it out ), and I doubt that one exist.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2003-12-04, 20:04   Link #42
Tensai_kamen
Inactive Member

Episode 4 IMHO must be the most disturbing incest related anime that i have ever watch. At 1st i was kinda sympathize with the woman ( Oyoshi ), i just thought she was a victim of circumstances, but at the end of the episodes she just simply make me sick. I'm a little dissappointed cause the show did not point to her motivation for
Spoiler:
. Maybe cos i didn't really get it. Could someone here kind enough to enlighten me on this.

Call it fortunate or not, i have the pleasure of seeing the original ep 5 release from akraze. It really change my opinion over Momosuke. He seems to be more active in the group than in previous episodes . Maybe all that wimpy side in him is good afterall.

Btw Ogin-san is really the hottest female anime character in the this fall season.
Old 2003-12-04, 20:59   Link #43
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai_kamen
Episode 4 IMHO must be the most disturbing incest related anime that i have ever watch. At 1st i was kinda sympathize with the woman ( Oyoshi ), i just thought she was a victim of circumstances, but at the end of the episodes she just simply make me sick. I'm a little dissappointed cause the show did not point to her motivation for
Spoiler:
. Maybe cos i didn't really get it. Could someone here kind enough to enlighten me on this.

Call it fortunate or not, i have the pleasure of seeing the original ep 5 release from akraze. It really change my opinion over Momosuke. He seems to be more active in the group than in previous episodes . Maybe all that wimpy side in him is good afterall.

Btw Ogin-san is really the hottest female anime character in the this fall season.
I'm a bit curious about Ogin's and the others' motivations in general for letting Momosuke tag along and saving his skin on a regular basis. Maybe it is simply a whim like they "feel like it." I'll bet as the series goes on, they'll genuinely form a sort of friendship bond with him tho.

As for episode 4...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-04, 21:08   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
I'm a bit curious about Ogin's and the others' motivations in general for letting Momosuke tag along and saving his skin on a regular basis. Maybe it is simply a whim like they "feel like it." I'll bet as the series goes on, they'll genuinely form a sort of friendship bond with him tho.
It seems that they have a mysterious leader who has told them to let Momosuke do as he wishes. I wonder what his motives are. The interesting thing about this show is that there are all these strange supernatural beings responsible for crimes. They always turn out to have mundane explanations, kind of like a R-rated Scooby-Doo. Then we have the monster hunting, arm of justice, who I think really are strange supernatural beings. Caught in the middle of this is Momosuke who is looking for the supernatural even though he is afraid of it. He initially believes in the monsters until they are debunked by the Ongyou, but doesn't see the real mysteries right under his nose. Speaking of real mysteries... what was that tiny gnome he was discussing matters with in episodes 2 and 3?!?

Quote:
As for episode 4...

Spoiler:
Yeah, that episode was truly horrifying without ever needing a "supernatural" monster!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-04, 21:33   Link #45
SpicyMarmalade
The devil you know

I love this series! Excellent story, incredibly strange animation (the drawing style reminds me of old japanese woodprints >:3), Seki Toshihiko, and uwaaaa I gotta watch episode 4! *runs*
Old 2003-12-04, 21:37   Link #46
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Yay I'm glad that this series is finally the attention it deserves. Ep4 is the best episode so far although its rather distrubing.
Old 2003-12-04, 22:47   Link #47
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
This series is f-ing sick!! But that is exactly why it is soo damn good. Every episode just leaves me in shock. Wow does this show go for the jugular. Ep4 really was the sickest imo.
Woaaaaaa....Really didn't expect this ep 4 was sooooooo sick.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-04, 22:52   Link #48
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
Spoiler:
I can only guess he made her walk off that cliff or tricked her into killing herself
Old 2003-12-05, 00:10   Link #49
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It seems that they have a mysterious leader who has told them to let Momosuke do as he wishes. I wonder what his motives are. The interesting thing about this show is that there are all these strange supernatural beings responsible for crimes. They always turn out to have mundane explanations, kind of like a R-rated Scooby-Doo. Then we have the monster hunting, arm of justice, who I think really are strange supernatural beings. Caught in the middle of this is Momosuke who is looking for the supernatural even though he is afraid of it. He initially believes in the monsters until they are debunked by the Ongyou, but doesn't see the real mysteries right under his nose. Speaking of real mysteries... what was that tiny gnome he was discussing matters with in episodes 2 and 3?!?

Yeah, that episode was truly horrifying without ever needing a "supernatural" monster!
Oh man, now I'm gonna always think of this as an R-rated Scooby Doo... X_x

The world of this show is one where the supernatural is very real, as are the creatures of lore. It's a fantasy. As for my own personal knowledge of Japanese mythology, I do confess it's rather limited. I have no idea what the hell Momosuke's "boss" is. At first I thought he may have been a kappa, but there's no hole on the top of his head for water or whatever.

Earlier episode spoiler references...
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-05, 00:14   Link #50
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Speaking of real mysteries... what was that tiny gnome he was discussing matters with in episodes 2 and 3?!?
Isn't the little ghoul is the editor who is pressing Momosuke to produce his "ghost stories"?
Old 2003-12-05, 01:16   Link #51
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Isn't the little ghoul is the editor who is pressing Momosuke to produce his "ghost stories"?

I think he's curious as to what he is exactly. You know, where does a creature like that fit in God's plan and soforth.
Old 2003-12-05, 03:25   Link #52
mono no aware

i like this series a lot. each tales unravels around a very specific human frailty/vice - jealousy, cruelty, incest, etc - psychological realities which compel mortals to acts of transgression for which there can be no atonement excepting some kind of judgment delivered by the supranatural beings.
Old 2003-12-06, 02:23   Link #53
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Ep 5 of A-Kraze is out. Will download it after finish getting Macross Zero 3 Anbu-Aone version. If anyone have watched ep 5, plz put any comments about it.
Old 2003-12-06, 05:02   Link #54
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
It was er... pretty sick.
Old 2003-12-06, 07:36   Link #55
Ballz
<3 Boogiepop

Pretty soon they're gonna run out of ways to gross out the audience.

Hmm... looks like Momosuke starting to become a more willing accomplice to the others' escapades.
Old 2003-12-06, 16:58   Link #56
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
I don't think they'll run out of ways... the Japanese can be pretty "creative" in strange ways. Ever seen hentai?
Old 2003-12-06, 17:08   Link #57
maxthelostboy

ive been downloading it got 3 eps so far over the week yet to watch sorta saving it for when i get more time. but since you guys like it i'll try to fit it in soon
Old 2003-12-06, 17:17   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballz
Pretty soon they're gonna run out of ways to gross out the audience.

Hmm... looks like Momosuke starting to become a more willing accomplice to the others' escapades.
Nahhhh....How can they? These stories are reflection of us. With little exaggeration all those stories so far intensified the horrors humans are capable of inflicting on others and that's merely vary in 5 different story. *off to watch another R-rated Scooby Doo - ingeneous NoSanninWa*
Old 2003-12-06, 20:56   Link #59
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Ep 5 is not as disturbing as ep 4.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-06, 23:11   Link #60
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yeap.. Those two little ghouls seem too be the "middle man" that are relaying the information for the Matacihi group to complete their deeds. I guess that is how they know, all there is to know about the villains and are able to take appropriate action to get confession out of them. Also, it gives an idea of what the boss might be in position/status wise. If our heroes are the enforcer than the boss would be... I will save my speculation. The boss seem to be amused with Momosuke. Good sign?
Quote:
ive been downloading it got 3 eps so far over the week yet to watch sorta saving it for when i get more time. but since you guys like it i'll try to fit it in soon
Dont try to watch all of them all at once for the possbilities of having a major overload.
Closed Thread