Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-16, 21:31   Link #41
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
Spoilers dont really affect me much,as it always is better to see it than hear about tit.

A few more questions and i guess that can end the spoiling for me.

Why does Shouryuujo leave Youka again
When she tells Kakufu about losing hear virginity,does she say that she thought it was Youka,or that shew always knew it was the preist
Last question,How does Shouryuujo find out that the preist is the one she had sex with
I was also adding the spoiler tags for other people. Don't want to get NoSanninWa mad at me. He/she is scary...

1. "Why does Shouryuujo leave Youka again?"

Spoiler:

2. "When she tells..."

Spoiler:

3. "How does Shouryuujo find out...?"

Spoiler:

When I was rereading the book, though, there seems to be a time problem here, or Youka recovered and learned to use that heavy sword of his a lot faster.
Old 2003-11-16, 21:48   Link #42
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
I was also adding the spoiler tags for other people. Don't want to get NoSanninWa mad at me. He/she is scary...

1. "Why does Shouryuujo leave Youka again?"

Spoiler:

2. "When she tells..."

Spoiler:

3. "How does Shouryuujo find out...?"

Spoiler:

When I was rereading the book, though, there seems to be a time problem here, or Youka recovered and learned to use that heavy sword of his a lot faster.
damn i just couldnt resist reading those spoilers, but it wont matter anyway cause I'll probably forget it before I actually get to see it happen if it happens at all in the series.
Old 2003-11-16, 21:58   Link #43
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
damn, thank you man,im itching to ask one more question though.

Last Question i swear,if i ask anohter have Xris-sama ban me.
After Shouryuujo leaves him,does Youka find her quickly,and say "HEy,I never wanted to be engaged to that bitch anyways"Of course this is all assuming he says "bitch why the fuck you cut my arm off,thats it engagment is off"Or at the end of the novel do they just never meet again.

DAMN MY FUCKIN CURIOSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my spelling.........
Old 2003-11-17, 14:10   Link #44
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyWise
damn, thank you man,im itching to ask one more question though.

Last Question i swear,if i ask anohter have Xris-sama ban me.
After Shouryuujo leaves him,does Youka find her quickly,and say "HEy,I never wanted to be engaged to that bitch anyways"Of course this is all assuming he says "bitch why the fuck you cut my arm off,thats it engagment is off"Or at the end of the novel do they just never meet again.

DAMN MY FUCKIN CURIOSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my spelling.........
LOL! I don't think that asking questions is grounds for banning someone.

I'll have to go look in the book to be absolutely sure that I'm giving you the correct information, though. This is just what I remember from memory... a dicey thing most of the times.

Spoiler:

Keitarou20 - I'm just putting in spoilers for the book, and not the anime. If my VCDs can be believed - and since I don't understand the language it's in, which is a significant problem in trying to figure out the changes, if any, in the storyline - the visual ending of the series is below.

No spoiler about the storyline, however.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LynnieS; 2003-11-17 at 14:21.
Old 2003-11-17, 20:48   Link #45
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Keitarou20 - I'm just putting in spoilers for the book, and not the anime. If my VCDs can be believed - and since I don't understand the language it's in, which is a significant problem in trying to figure out the changes, if any, in the storyline - the visual ending of the series is below.

No spoiler about the storyline, however.

Spoiler:
Thanks for the spoilers, I do hope the anime follows the books that ending sounds really nice for them.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-17, 21:05   Link #46
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Thanks for the spoilers, I do hope the anime follows the books that ending sounds really nice for them.

Spoiler:
I'm terrible with names and places, BTW, so please forgive.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-18, 01:08   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Spoiler:
That is all we, the non-manga reader, ask.
Old 2003-11-23, 18:50   Link #48
gundam44
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to gundam44
im sorry to say that
the ending in the anime is very very very different from the novel.

i bought the dvd and finished it just now.The dvd is TVB one so its taiwanese and its dubbed.well didnt have a choice, just have to see the ending....

And what i can say is the ending is quite sad.
Old 2003-11-24, 00:57   Link #49
Momo99

Just wondering, how can u see the ending when it is not even made yet? The anime currently is 1-26. The rest of the story 26-52 is not even in production yet. The ending you saw is not the real ending. If the anime follows the original story at all, the ending is a good one.
Old 2003-11-24, 02:30   Link #50
gundam44
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to gundam44
oo
theres a season ..
sorry i dont know.no wonder i see epsiode 26 is like so funny.
it just end quite abruptly.And it didnt even say about youka going to fight the mongolians with guo jing.
Old 2003-11-24, 07:36   Link #51
bLizz4rD

Send a message via MSN to bLizz4rD
Legend of the condor heroes was screened (real life actors .. w/ famous andy lau ((hongkee actor)) as the lead as youka) on my television in the 1980s. I think the anime first surfaced almost 2 years ago? In my country that is, but it's in chinese. Though i'm chinese, i simply have difficulties understanding it.

Anyway, Legend of the Condor Heroes is not just a simple badass good guy kill and everything ends happily ever after. There're lots of twist n turns to it (in the actual acting screenings) which made it such a famous ... epic i will say. The original write pened this story in thick books ... probably well over 4000+ pages?

The pace at which the anime moving is pretty fast already, imho. So for all friends outside asia .. enjoy this epic. Nobody dies for no reason, n nobody is a good guy for no reason.

Cheers!

edit1: changed 400+ pages to become 4000+ pages

Last edited by bLizz4rD; 2003-11-24 at 13:11.
Old 2003-11-24, 11:39   Link #52
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally posted by gundam44
And what i can say is the ending is quite sad.
The whole situation is a plot device, and the ending of the novel is, IMHO, better because it.

bLizz4rD - I think that you mean 4000+ pages instead? Page count isn't a really good indicator, though, since it depends a great deal on the publisher; my copy spans 4 books, for example, and approx. 3400 pages.
Old 2003-11-24, 13:09   Link #53
bLizz4rD

Quote:
The whole situation is a plot device, and the ending of the novel is, IMHO, better because it.

bLizz4rD - I think that you mean 4000+ pages instead? Page count isn't a really good indicator, though, since it depends a great deal on the publisher; my copy spans 4 books, for example, and approx. 3400 pages.
Thanks, i think i missed out 1 more 0.

BTW, for manga readers only, i've seen some publication in my local book stores of the english version of Condor Heroes. I believe they're avaliable in other countries as well. maybe you'll like to check.

Cheers!
Old 2003-11-24, 13:15   Link #54
bLizz4rD

attached .. a picture of the front cover of a version of the manga in my local stores ...

Cheers!
Old 2003-11-24, 17:21   Link #55
LynnieS

I believe that there are two versions of the novel in English; neither is an 100% faithful translation - read, text only - though. YesAsia.com used to carry one printing, but I'm not seeing anything on their site now.

ComicsOne is also putting out its version using Louis Cha's text also, but Tony Wong's art. The latest book should be out in another month or two; the anime equivalent looks to be at episode 12 or 13.
Old 2003-12-01, 20:45   Link #56
Faleira
Inactive Member

hey, above, ther was a link to where to buy the cantonese dub to CH, but i checked and i don't think they have it anymore, i love the series, never got a chance to read the books, but saw the shows. and i freaked out when i found out there was an anime on it. problem is, i can't get ahold of either trad. chinese subs or Cantonese dubs, cause it just doesn't feel right, watching it in english subs, lol

and is it ust me or is the drawing technique like practically the same as Cooking Master Boy?
Old 2003-12-01, 21:33   Link #57
LynnieS

The only site that I knew that was selling the Cantonese dubbed discs was YesAsia.com, and they look to have either sold out (and aren't getting any more) or discontinued the title.

You can always go Googling for other sites, though.
Old 2003-12-02, 03:30   Link #58
stpam

Talking Condor Hero 16!!

All right awesome!! Been looking forward to this fight!
Thx Live Evil
Old 2003-12-02, 04:50   Link #59
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

dling right now thanx L-E & Tofu

edit: just watched it. Man it was fricking awesome, Youka really kicked ass, and its about fricking time too i was waiting for the moment he open a can of womp ass from all the skills he learned.

the preview for the next episode looks like a lot is going to happen. Kakufu get kidnapped..... I say let her ass get kidnapped, no need to rescue

boy i wish koko would find out youka wasnt the one who took away her virginity already. but from what i heard from ppl who read the novels
Spoiler:

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-02 at 06:49.
Old 2003-12-02, 05:05   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

OMG!! This episode was absolutely awesome! The fights were incredible and I was just boiling at the end when Uncle announced that he was going to marry Youka off to that annoying flirt Kakufu. Then Youka asked Koko to marry him and I was so excited my heart went doki-doki! Then my stomach fell as I heard how their love is forbidden!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I want episode 17 right now! This hurts so much to wait!

Incidently, wasn't that an unacceptable level of cheating when Youka and Shouryuujo teamed up to finish off Kinrinhouou? These were all supposed to be one-on-one matches. Was the crowd just so worked up about Kinrinhouou and Kuduu's dirty tactics that nobody cared about such things any more?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread