AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-08, 00:49   Link #41
scififan

So, the redhead twintails girl join the hero's team. It leaves two more girls from ending theme not showing yet. The twintails girl's ability to see anyone with her vision is quite convenient.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-14, 20:13   Link #42
Strahan

Must suck not being able to procreate just because your ruler is gone. Kinda funny that Henriette was only gone eleven seconds before the dude snatched the elf boy. You'd think the kid would've yelled, she's certainly within earshot.

Speaking of Henriette, I dunno if it's just SubsPlease decision, but god the dialog for her was annoying AF. She keeps referring to herself in the third person; "Henriette is an only child, and her parents are long gone". I know that's literally what she is saying, but usually translators will adjust it. Annoyed me enough to demux the file, pull the subs and edit them. Only other time I went to that kind of effort was when some subber had Myne as "Main" in Honzuki no Gekokujou lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 01:04   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I think I'm done. The writing is just not good; events seem like they happen s̶i̶m̶u̶l̶t̶a̶n̶e̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ spontaneously and out of nowhere. This whole elven forest thing feels ridiculous; the thought that a random kid could just exit it when they were supposed to have their memories wiped when they do is just plain stupid. Let alone the fact that "haha I'm evil" guy just happened to pop up and know that this kid elf in an alley over any other elf that was in the city was his ticket to the forest.

My dissatisfaction with the series started when I expected Alan to settle in a town far away from the capital and live a normal life, but this never happened. Having that expectation and thinking it would be another Shin no Nakama is on me, but after giving it a number of episodes to grow on me, it has yet to do so. Paired with the subpar animation and weak story writing, I won't waste my time on this series any longer.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-05-15 at 02:48.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-15, 02:34   Link #44
scififan

The character drawing looks like it's done by some untrained, maybe elementary school kids. I will continue to follow the story nevertheless. I just want to know which girl will end up with the hero. The hero wants to stay low profile, but his sense of justice won't allow him to rest.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-19, 22:42   Link #45
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This whole elven forest thing feels ridiculous; the thought that a random kid could just exit it when they were supposed to have their memories wiped when they do is just plain stupid.
Wow, I had totally forgot that. Good point, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-21, 01:34   Link #46
Lex79

Saving Anriette arc incoming? Allen isn't going to let her face punishment for his sake. And it might lead to her permanently joint the cast.
Old Yesterday, 01:09   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty poor showing from Alan. His skills are top notch. But his mindset is a bit iffy. I mean yeah the odds are probably great that this shady group is attacking children for completely legitimate reasons . There's looking for an excuse to look the other way and there's that...

Probably a good thing to have this group around him. He needs people that will remind him of the parts of himself that he's trying to cut away.

Either way the Henrietta situation should prevent Alan from remaining passive. The girls were bit naive, but it seems like a stretch that the roadblocks just so happened to be lifted right now. Plus Henrietta can casually handle that situation seems like a bit of a stretch. The bigger thing is that she's obviously sacrificing her freedom and probably her life so Alan can have his free from all obligations second life.

If nothing else it should be a good reminder that his thinking isn't going to work. He has connections and people he cares about. So long as he has those he's not going to be able to avoid having to take action. Unless he's ok leaving Henrietta to her fate then he might as well just do what he can.