AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-15, 17:00   Link #41
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Kind of interesting tone shift from uncontrollable gluttony to lazy afternoon date. No matter how edgy the protagonist his virginity must be protected at all costs!!

Series isn't great but its kinda entertaining, and I like Roxy more than I expected; I'll probably stick with it unless I get bored of it
A genuine romcom segment in my edgy fantasy anime ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Same here. Y'know, some things just straight bother me, because you would think it is common sense, yet, a character continues to do it. And by this, I mean talking to the sword out loud. Once, sure, its bound to happen, but multiple times in a row? That got old in an instant; I couldn't' stand it!

Then there are other little things; Roxy simply undoing the braids making people see her for who she is, as if that alone with pheasant garbs allowed her to camouflage herself among the populace. Why would Fate even need a special illusion mask if its so easy to look different? Then, there's the holy knight going completely out of the way to find the stomach grumbler(Fate) in the crowd, and lets the woman "disrespect" him only to just let them walk away without a word. Then the crowd was supposed to bow their heads as he walked by, but after that confrontation, guess they didn't give a s*** . Seems like bad writing to me. Then, their "lovey-dovey" behavior; it is just too infantile for me; that, coupled with Greed's commentary... just not doing it for me.

I'll lean on dropping this, but i'll see how I feel next week, and whether or not I feel like watching it. Trying REAL hard to get to a part where he actually has to kill someone relevant, but seems doubtful i'll make it that far =0\...
It reminded me of all the times Blue Beetle talked to the Scarab in the Young Justice cartoon, with similar reactions .

Maybe in this universe doing something different with your hair is the equivalent of wearing Glasses? Fate doesn't have enough hair to stayle .

Blatant flirting in broad daylight threw everybody off I guess .

I actually liked Greed chiming in here .
Old 2023-10-15, 18:10   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do think Fate is really pushing it. Talking to the sword once in a while is a given. Mistakes happen. But several times in the same conversation!? Did his skill eat all his brain cells?

Thank god Roxy is both incredibly cute...and a bit eccentric. Seriously, just this guy constantly talking to and arguing with his sword is all kinds of red flags. I know she has a crush, but maybe moving on to someone more stable is a good idea!

No issue with Greed teasing because sure why not. Fair enough with how Roxy and Fate are acting. Frankly the only thing amazing is that Fate doesn't completely piss off Roxy with how many times he keeps saying shut up with her being the only one there with him!

Tough business when that guy has to worry about people coming to eat and crushing cups with their bare hands .

I will agree the hair reveal thing was pretty silly. But I guess it's fine.
Old 2023-10-17, 21:17   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Was that Holy Knight who took care of Fate as a kid Roxy's mom? They look identical minus the shorter hair. I don't think Roxy is that much older than Fate .
Could be a relative, though I was half wondering if Roxy isn't just some sort of immortal at the moment.
Old 2023-10-18, 05:30   Link #44
scififan

Fate Graphite becomes infamous for his nightly raids. He knows bad Holy Knights are after him, but he cannot stop have a night out. After learning Holy Knights' involvement with child abduction, Fate will not feel bad for beating them up. One of these days, he is going to teach those scumbags some lesson.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 11:04   Link #45
Frontier

Fate is making a name for himself as the lich, Corpse, complete with a mask that even modulates his voice! Perfect for carrying out a double life! Too bad it means long nights, but Roxy makes it all worth it !

Visiting the Hart Family vineyards seems simple enough, but then Fate gets to meet Roxy's mom! Voiced by Ayako Kawasumi! And she doesn't beat around the bush by asking Fate how he feels about Roxy. She masks it by saying she's asking how he feels about her as an employer, but Aisha knows what's up watching the way these two blush and get so flustered around each other .

Oh, so the short-haired knight WAS a younger Roxy. How did Fate not recognize her, though? Is Roxy's hair just THAT masking in different lengths and styles ?

Also I thought the blonde knight guy was her dad, but Mason had auburn hair. So is the blonde dude her brother or someone else ?

Kobolds invasion? That's perfect for Fate, he had a hankering for some new species to kill and devour .

Oh hey, it's the ax girl from the OP! She looks cute. And she's from Galia, a fallen kingdom overrun by monsters who were known for their battle prowess...and it seems like she has the Gluttony skill too? And it's permanently on since she has completely red eyes? Did she recognize Fate's Gluttony and that's why she left the Kobolds to him ?

Dang, didn't expect this Kobold excursion to have a Boss Battle waiting for them. Perfect chance for Fate to step up and save Roxy the trouble! He even brought his suit, minus the mask, because of course he did .

Wow, the Bringer of Lamentation used one of his fellow Kobolds as a shield. I guess there's no love loss between monsters .

Smart of Fate to snipe the Kobolds from afar, and he even uses some strategy when he gets overwhelmed. But 10% of his stats is worth it just to unlock a new ability in Greed to fire a giant honking crossbow at the Bringer of Lamentation .

Well, Fate has Aisha's mom approval! Especially because she's ill and might not last long...and if someone like her with no skills worth speaking of was able to find love and support a Holy Knight, then so can Fate with her daughter. He just has to think himself worthy of it .

On the one hand it was a great achievement for Fate to kill all the Kobolds...unfortunately killing so many and a high-leveled one at that has made his Gluttony skill too powerful. He can't be satiated just by killing goblins anymore. It's gotten to a point where his right eye is now permanently red and he has to cover it up with an eyepatch like a proper Chuuni MC .

Ugh. The Vlerick's are trying to get rid of Roxy by sending her to Galia thinking it's a death sentence like it was for her father. Roxy is too dedicated to her job to refuse. But there's no way Fate is going to let her go in alone, but first it seems like he'll have to take care of Hado. Maybe some human flesh will satiate his hunger ?
Old 2023-10-29, 11:01   Link #46
Frontier

Hado talks a big game, but he and his thugs are nothing more than a chance for Fate to demonstrate how much more powerful he is now, as he makes short work of them and shows Hado how much of a coward and failure of a Holy Knight he truly is. And of course Fate just had to take his mask off so Hado would know full well who he's fighting .

Wow, Fate is really going to town on Hado! I know he's got a lot of frustration to work out, but he was straight up knocking trees over by bashing them with Hado's face! And that's after he destroyed his sword as if it was paper .

Fate really just used one of his finishing moves on Hado just to make him limbless, huh? And there was nothing Hado could say that would make Fate spare him. That's one Vlerick down, two to go .

What better use for Hado's skills than by unlocking Greed's new form? Which is of course a scythe that can cut anything. How appropriately edgy .

Aw, Roxy is taking her necklace with her as a reminder of Fate! There's so much left unsaid between them before she goes off to Galia. And so much danger she can get into over there in three years. Good thing Fate is going to follow her! Although I hope he makes it in time .

Who is this busty blue-haired beauty ?

Well, I guess that's one good thing for Roxy that she's got a loyal gal pal like Miria by her side in her new posting at Galia, and Miria is as sassy as she is dedicated to Roxy. They've even got Mugin, who seems like a cool old guy. He's even a dad !

So is that the capitals' science center? It looks straight out of a sci-fi move. And this Reina girl wants to find Greed, apparently one of the legendary Weapons of Sin .

Fate is a better than most, actually saving his childhood bully from rowdy adventurers. I mean, jeez, it's one thing that the kid bullied him but the entire village threw stones at him to make him leave the village after his dad died. What trash! They're lucky Fate needs to feed on monsters and has enough attachment to the village because of his dad that he'd even consider going .

Ugh. Where does the village come off acting so insulted that Fate showed up to help!? They're the ones who cast him out and they have the gall to act upset that he came back to help them!? And then they're planning to sacrifice him? I'm half-tempted to want Fate to leave the village to it's fate .

Though credit where credit's due, Set seems to have genuinely cleaned up his act after becoming a fatherhood, and realized how bad he was as a kid to Fate. Too bad he had to lose his wife to the Gargoyles plaguing the village. But if there's anything worth protecting in the village, it's his daughter .

Oh OF COURSE they drug Fate so they could sacrifice him, right when the Gargoyles attack. Taking out literally THE ONLY PERSON who could save them. And making his own granddaughter do it. Can Fate please kill the Village Chief ?
Old 2023-10-29, 17:41   Link #47
Dj0rel
True Believer

Strange! The drugged candy wasn't in manga or light novel. I guess the anime writers wanted the different reason for what happens next.
Old 2023-10-30, 07:27   Link #48
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 05:49.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-30, 12:50   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Roxy in lingerie! Fate you lucky dog !
Old 2023-10-30, 14:52   Link #50
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Roxy in lingerie! Fate you lucky dog !
Ehjoy it here cause you won't be seeing it in the anime. Berserk of Gluttony has very little fanservice.
Old 2023-10-30, 15:36   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Ehjoy it here cause you won't be seeing it in the anime. Berserk of Gluttony has very little fanservice.
I will! Although it still has some very attractive ladies .
Old 2023-10-31, 08:39   Link #52
zztop

Quote:
Strange! The drugged candy wasn't in manga or light novel. I guess the anime writers wanted the different reason for what happens next.
Interesting that the writers would make this change, given that in today's current anime adaptation industry it seems to be somewhat taboo to slip in anime-original adjustments/plot changes. Everything is expected to be 1:1 coverage of the source material.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-31, 09:22   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Interesting that the writers would make this change, given that in today's current anime adaptation industry it seems to be somewhat taboo to slip in anime-original adjustments/plot changes. Everything is expected to be 1:1 coverage of the source material.
I wouldn't be surprised if they at least ran it through the author, but that's not a sure bet.
Old 2023-10-31, 15:11   Link #54
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
My guess is that they wanted to make what happens next 100% the fault of the village chef.
Old 2023-11-01, 19:24   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice that he didn't let the knight off easy, only silly that he sacrificed any stats just for some limb lopping. And later in the same episode he was pretty level headed dealing with the former bully.
Old 2023-11-01, 21:02   Link #56
scififan

Quote:
My guess is that they wanted to make what happens next 100% the fault of the village chef.
It is not the fault of the village chef's cooking. Rather, it is the fault of the village chief's selfish behavior. The villagers are facing the extinction crisis, and the chief wants to save the community by other people's sacrifice.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-05, 12:01   Link #57
Frontier

It's kind of hilarious how the village chief is scrambling trying to find Fate to sacrifice him only to end up Gargoyle chow. Because had he not drugged Fate, he probably would have survived. I guess it's just deserts .

Luckily Set wakes Fate up enough for him to fight, and he finally gets to show off Greed's scythe form and makes short work of the Gargoyles and even their leader. And he gets fireball magic and fire resistance to boot !

Well, the village is done, most of the villagers are dead, but at least Set and his daughter made it out and I guess it's karma for how they treated Fate. I'm glad Fate and Set were able to make peace and leave off on a good note, even if Fate also punched him a lot harder than he intended too. And at least Fate's parents' graves are still intact .

Fate gets a bodyguard job on his next ride, but it's the axe girl who makes short work of the bandits before he does and they end up together on the road. Myne packs quite the wallop with her axe, and it seems like Sloth can shift how heavy he is ?

This Randolph guy voiced by Jun Fukuyama seems...pretty shady. He makes a show to impress the ladies, but he has people branded to denote their class, summarily executes anyone who upsets him, and wants to show up Roxy. Is Roxy going to be okay with this guy ?

So the Seven Deadly Sins aren't just weapons but also cursed skills that defy God. Myne seems as hungry as Fate, but how does her Wrath Skill compare to Gluttony? Does she feel the insatiable need to fight stuff? Does Sloth talk to her like Greed does to Fate? How does she know Greed ?

I love how even Greed is like "dude, stop talking to me in public, you look like a weirdo" .

Also, are we going to meet whoever has the Lust skills or weapon? I'm asking for a friend .

Fate my curse his fate with the Gluttony Skill, but he still has to satiate his appetite, which means killing sand monsters as Corpse! And he and Greed go to town on them with their killer moves and powers. Even stealing a kill Myne wanted for herself .

Oh hey, Koji Yusa !

I see Myne doesn't see the harm in Fate catching her in nothing but her underwear. How old is she, anyways? Just think of Roxy Fate, think of Roxy .

Oh, well, I guess that's the end of Randolph? Myne just sent him flying off like Team Rocket .
Old 2023-11-05, 12:23   Link #58
EroKing

Images
Episode 6 Stitches

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 05:37.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 00:22   Link #59
velvet nightmare

is it just me or is the plot so ridiculously forced that characters with sin abilities have somehow miraculously acquired sin weapons?

they should be so unimaginably rare, but here we have greed paired up with gluttony and wrath paired with sloth.

it's the equivalent of 2 people who have both won the lottery twice meeting up.

should be a near impossibility.

I get this is a story, but come on, can the author not put some effort into creating a half decent universe/lore that can reasonably suspend disbelief?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 03:14   Link #60
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
is it just me or is the plot so ridiculously forced that characters with sin abilities have somehow miraculously acquired sin weapons?

they should be so unimaginably rare, but here we have greed paired up with gluttony and wrath paired with sloth.

it's the equivalent of 2 people who have both won the lottery twice meeting up.

should be a near impossibility.

I get this is a story, but come on, can the author not put some effort into creating a half decent universe/lore that can reasonably suspend disbelief?
Well, answering that without spoiling anything, it wasn't a coincidence.