AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-12, 02:42   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-12, 10:29   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I like that there's still a bit of mystery here about Helck. Can't make quick judgements yet because something seriously is wrong in the human world. The odds seem low that Helck killed his brother as claimed. Plus that doesn't explain the deserted towns and what appear to be angels on the attack.

Managing a good mix of comedy and drama at the moment. I completely get freaking out over a human hero being in the competition too. But clearly seems like he's got good reason to be there. And will probably have to rely on him pretty soon with how this episode ended.
Old 2023-07-12, 17:18   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Dunno what surprised me more. Going in and not expecting it to be as good as it was or the fact it's 24 episodes and not labeled a comedy.

Is that accurate? is this actually a serious adventure kind of show? Was sure it was intended as a comedy while watching Ep1
Old 2023-07-12, 20:57   Link #44
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Dunno what surprised me more. Going in and not expecting it to be as good as it was or the fact it's 24 episodes and not labeled a comedy.

Is that accurate? is this actually a serious adventure kind of show? Was sure it was intended as a comedy while watching Ep1
It kinda depends how they adapt it but in general it goes back and forth between comedy and adventure I guess... there's also a lot of 4komas that supplement the main manga.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 14:31   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Spoiler for Ep02:
Old 2023-07-18, 16:28   Link #46
grecefar

Ann tsukkomi in the race were hilarious, "At least straddle it!!". lol I died.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 17:55   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Helck carrying the "horse" was too obvious, but Vermilio's reactions were still gold. And did I miss or did they not explain how the other Elite Four got so badly injured? The guy was on death's door. If the Elite Four are supposed to be stronger than Demon Lords then it's no ordinary opponent who did this to him.
Old 2023-07-18, 18:19   Link #48
magnuskn

The Man Emperor of Demonkinds ascension continues. We'll see if the series takes a bit of a more serious tone next episode.
Old 2023-07-18, 19:38   Link #49
ssvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Helck carrying the "horse" was too obvious
I somehow expected Helck to show off some crazy support magic skills and enormous top tier buffs applied to the "horse". BTW, I also liked how that other contestant also dismounted his "horse" in the end. Kinda makes us wonder whether the use of "horses" was effectively a handicap in this kind of contest, actually degrading their performance
ssvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-18, 19:48   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Helck is a treasure and Vermilio's reactions were so good. Someone has to be the sane person in the middle of this crazy comedy and she's got that job. Though Hyura "I'm fine with third place" was pretty good too. Just wouldn't let herself get swept into that goofy sprint at the end.

I love the phases of that race. Helck actually talking calmly to his "steed" and actually motivating it to race in the early going. Not actually carrying Helck, but at least running . All while Helck laughs his maniacal laughter .

Was pretty nice when Vermilio and Helck had that little handshake. The start of a beautiful friendship. Next episode should be interesting since it might be a bit more serious with the situation they are facing. It might be anyways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Ann tsukkomi in the race were hilarious, "At least straddle it!!". lol I died.
That really was great and had me laughing pretty well .
Old 2023-07-19, 00:16   Link #51
Alchemist007
*Author

If the ED is any indication, she'll warm up to him...at least somewhat, probably.
Old 2023-07-19, 02:46   Link #52
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Another ep full of laughs! Loved every second of it. When Helck gave it that pep talk to the fake horse, then it turned from looking sad and flustered, to having that look of determination, I was floored laughing . This is comedy done right!

Vermilio great as usual, I love her char so much. She hated being called "-chan", but was still concerned about Azudora being so hurt. She brings just the right amount of tsun energy without going over the top, just a great performance so far. I can't wait to see her and Helck's interactions, now that she's tagging along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And did I miss or did they not explain how the other Elite Four got so badly injured? The guy was on death's door. If the Elite Four are supposed to be stronger than Demon Lords then it's no ordinary opponent who did this to him.
They've only said Vermilio was supposed to replace him to oversee the tournament, but given the bit they showed about their relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something silly like she blew him up after ticking her off. It looks like the assistant has to be careful too it when she gets riled up, and that's just from collateral damage .

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-19, 18:52   Link #53
Twi

Review done.

Honestly, this was pretty faithful as far as adaptations from the source materials go. It covered Chapters 4-6 of the Manga.
Spoiler:
Old 2023-07-25, 16:29   Link #54
ryllharu

Spoiler for Episode 3:
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-25, 17:06   Link #55
magnuskn

Yeah, I was wondering the same, why the humans would want some poisoned wasteland in the first place. Makes you wonder what else is going on in the background.
Old 2023-07-25, 17:35   Link #56
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ah yes the pacing of a show with a lot of episodes, forgot about that.
Old 2023-07-25, 17:52   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, this episode provided the answer. Azudra got so injured because he fell for his own traps while attempting to run away from the intimidating Helck

The big barrier guy had the best gags this week. He's hilarious.
Old 2023-07-25, 19:30   Link #58
grecefar

I guess they are lucky that helck is there with them, maybe vermillion could take the leader.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-25, 20:08   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It definitely raises some questions. Honestly the demons being aggressors makes all the sense in the world since who'd want to live in a toxic wasteland if they could help it? But instead they've been doing what they can to live out there and keep that toxin from spreading any further.

I'm sure a few things will become clear once the spy makes her way to the Capital. If something has happened then that place should at least have some kind of answers. Although if even that place is deserted then things really could be bad on an apocalyptic level.

Obviously charging for the leader was a risky move. Though I get her thought process. If she seriously wants to win then that kind of risk is what is necessary. Unfortunately it didn't work out for her! But that ending for the episode did help the tension settle in. This whole situation isn't a total joke.

Just that a lot of the things they deal with are handled in a joking manner . The journey was a funny one. It helped show the state of the Demon's territory and continued to build things up. Makes you wonder what Helck was doing there in the first place before he was directed towards this tournament...

Still not getting any impression that these enemies are humans. Still feels like an invasion from heaven is the most likely answer. Plus it would make sense why the human territory was gone after first if that is the case. You'd obviously invade the nicer area and then take care of the rest after. But that's just extreme speculation. Need that spy girl to provide some answers if Helck himself isn't going to.
Old 2023-07-26, 09:14   Link #60
magnuskn

Yeah, the yellow cat eyes are kind of a giveaway that they are not human at all. ^^