AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-04, 20:41   Link #41
Tenzen12

I am not going say whether these backstories gonna play big role, but what I hopefully can say is, that characters experiencing catharsis is fairly essential.
Old 2023-01-04, 22:19   Link #42
Chosen_Hero

Personally I'm glad they got most of the backstory stuff out of the way in the first episode instead of stretching it out over the cour.
Old 2023-01-04, 23:05   Link #43
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
So in this world is just that easy to accuse someone and is guilty without any type of investigation or proof?, let a woman see the loli and can find if she is still a virgin.

Tiana is a genius who can show anything they want without any teacher help and like the loli she can prove she i still a virgin who isn't sleeping around with the teachers for favors, unless a teacher lied here.
Sexual abuse doesn't always mean intercourse, we don't know what the loli told the people but there are other things that would get you strung up just as quickly.

Since the fact they were each betrayed in some way is the core that makes up the premise, I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't be touching on the backstories more down the road.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 00:22   Link #44
larethian

Nice to hear Yurin-san's voice right away and getting a main this season. Going to watch it just for him, since he's one of my favourite male VA.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-06, 09:06   Link #45
scififan

The characters' occupation look unique. It doesn't seem there is RPG equivalent classes.

Nick's occupation is 軽戦士. D&D equivalent class is probably fencer. The class is similar to berserk, since the ocupation is light armored.

Tiana's occupation is 魔術師. It is magic related.

Curran 竜戦士. It is warrior class related.

Zem's class is 法術師. It is magic related. His previous class is 神官. It is healing magic class.

Agate's class is 吟遊詩人, or bard. The anime refers her class as idol singer. In D&D, bard is both combat class and arcane magic class. In other RPG, bard is supporting magic class.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-06, 16:01   Link #46
Alchemist007
*Author

Interesting backstories, more interesting a show than I expected, hopefully keeps being so.
Old 2023-01-06, 16:35   Link #47
James Rye

Uff, Zem's case was the most rough one, depending on the full Dragonkin story which has yet to come and who seems to have a thing for expensive food, but he is also the only one of the four who had someone else who helped him pick himself up, get started on being an adventurer and to enjoy his new life as good as he can.

Nick is a hardcore Idol stan and totally understandable given how she was the reason he could smile again.

The two girls didn't had it so easy, one loses her noble standing, her mage career and her shitty fiance and all that because of some rumors and a shitty rich brat who couldn't handle that his cute fiance was better than him. Though I assume his father also didn't liked that his heir was so out-done, so it is likely that it was his family that was behind the mentor and teachers getting fired and Tiana getting expelled.

We know the least of Curran, but given her jumpy reaction and that short flashback it seems her team betrayed her during a dungeon run which is like a death sentence, being all alone, hurt and in a dangerous environment. Maybe we gonna get to hear more of that next episode, maybe later.

It felt pretty stuffed with those 4 backstories, more like 3 and a half, but with them being out of the way they can focus on the most important aspect - the forming of a party of 4 distrustful people and how they handle future adventures and become a real party that trusts each other.
Old 2023-01-07, 21:28   Link #48
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What is it with all those Dragon-kins not having wings recently? I realize wings are annoying to draw, but Tania could at least "grow" them out.

The Priest's story feels like it's supposed to show the faults of me2.

Out of all the backstories we've heard the MCs was the weakest of all. In fact, his former party leader even acted in his best interest, as betrayed as the MC might feel about it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-07, 22:32   Link #49
Twi

Technically, yeah... but for him that former party leader was effectively his father-figure. It was like your dad kicking you out of the house when you told him that his employee was embezzling funds because he thinks you're too good for him while he needs guys like that working for him.
Old 2023-01-10, 09:41   Link #50
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just watched the first episode. Liked what I saw. The stories sounded reasonably believable and not some crazy-sounding bs that'll only fly in fiction. Priest got it the worst really; that little girl f'k'd him over real good, just because he wouldn't... well, do whatever she expected him to do. I figured that's where they were going when she just 'pomf'ed in his lap and he gave her money(for herbs, but still...), however I didn't expect the girl herself to initialize it. Reminded me of the beginning of Shield Hero .

Surprised the Fighter didn't get the shorter end of the stick; was totally expecting the idol to be another manipulative b**ch like the former gf, but I guess she was actually sincere in wanting to make him smile.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 12:37   Link #51
Marina2

Ep.2

This is a wholesome episode about building trust and friendship.
Old 2023-01-10, 12:47   Link #52
scififan

Episode 2

The newly registered team members decides to manage their public fund by using check and balance. It is a surprising accounting lesson in anime.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 22:14   Link #53
grecefar

I guess because how they are all that trust issue was going to be a problem but I think curran blow up a little too much with tiana's accident.

I was surprise with out mc, he looked like the fool of the group in the first chapter but in the end he was the most mature in this chapter and he seems to be really strong with all those scars too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-10, 23:17   Link #54
Decel

Animation took a noticeable dip, or was it always this lower budget?
Old 2023-01-11, 00:48   Link #55
Friday
Im shy too...

ep 2

trust issues....

in time they will get along
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 01:20   Link #56
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Curran's voice is too high pitched considering that she is a Dragon thing and also the tallest in the group...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 02:42   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of nice how the end of the episode took care of one thing I was going to start asking about otherwise. Curran is the one character that didn't get anything in episode 1 (or at least it wasn't enough). So hopefully they do spend a good amount of episode 3 actually covering what went down for her.

Better episode than episode 1. At least it takes advantage of the pacing of the first episode to dive into this situation. And it works out fine. Things start out ok since everyone wants to believe in others. Or rather they really have to if they want to survive. So they come up with good plans for their cash and get on the move. The money thing especially worked since honestly they all have hobbies that can become cash sinks if they lose their heads over it.

Something had to go wrong and thankfully they did get a chance to work through that. It'll take a while before they have really good teamwork, but they'll get there. In that sense this is one time where the main characters being forced to start from the bottom and hit easier dungeons actually fits. They need that and can't seriously tackle higher level threats right now. Nick may have been in a strong party, but until they figure out how to best fight as a team they need a lower threat level.

I'm glad Curran and Tiana worked things out. Might be a while before they are open and cheerful, but they are doing ok by the end of this. And I appreciate the episode building up Curran's situation after mostly skipping it. Covering how she wasn't taught very much by her previous team, her strong desire to trust, and the fear that is there even as she struggles to put her faith in others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I guess because how they are all that trust issue was going to be a problem but I think curran blow up a little too much with tiana's accident.

I was surprise with out mc, he looked like the fool of the group in the first chapter but in the end he was the most mature in this chapter and he seems to be really strong with all those scars too.
Hard to gauge how appropriate it was since we didn't get her background. But presuming she was attacked by her own party and left to die...that's probably not an unfair reaction. For people betrayed like that, trust is as solid as thin ice. Probably doesn't take much to crack or break it. In the end it was on Tiana. She was careless, then lost her temper and fired without thinking. Considering how much damage that could have done if Curran didn't have good reflexes...
Old 2023-01-11, 12:17   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

Episode 2 reminded me of Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, but the beat definitely feels more positive in its outlook for the party.

Cute ED, parts of it reminded me of the art style of Ping Pong The Animation.
Old 2023-01-11, 22:45   Link #59
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
The two girls didn't had it so easy, one loses her noble standing, her mage career and her shitty fiance and all that because of some rumors and a shitty rich brat who couldn't handle that his cute fiance was better than him. Though I assume his father also didn't liked that his heir was so out-done, so it is likely that it was his family that was behind the mentor and teachers getting fired and Tiana getting expelled.
TL;DR…
spoiler Tiana expelled
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-13, 06:04   Link #60
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Episode 2 reminded me of Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, but the beat definitely feels more positive in its outlook for the party.

Cute ED, parts of it reminded me of the art style of Ping Pong The Animation.
Exactly my thought. Episode 2 feels like a discount-Grimgar and that is a good thing coz that means the characters & party are being explored & developed properly so far. And nobody is OP.

And yeah, neat ED:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?