AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-07, 16:15   Link #41
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd rather sacrifice the Extreme fuse emotional impact for a more practical henshin that keeps getting repeated for an entire 4 cours of the live-action show back then.

Watching Philip's body being useless again & again (times 50+) after henshin is always annoying to me and it just looks lame.
I think it's a fun running gag that helps differentiate transformations from other Riders !

And it's just his body, all Philip needs is his mind! Well, unless they're using FangJoker .
Old 2022-08-07, 16:59   Link #42
justavisitor

The character chart returns, and the voice of the memory also returns!!

Don't like the new op tho

A question, how did shotaro escape to the rooftop with that annoying client?

If they briefly henshi into W, I don't think they have enough time to henshin facing that immediate attack

If Philip uses only the power of cyclone, I doubt it's usable on Shotaro's body...I mean if it's possible, imagine the horror when Philip uses luna on Shotaro's body XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 17:13   Link #43
GDB

They can (and have) quick transformed before.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 17:55   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really nice that they kept the case recap. This show is doing absolutely everything right. You can tell the staff loves W.

Tokime not being the villain was obvious, but I didn't think she'd become part of the agency as the OP and ED imply. Will my boy Shoutaro finally get laid?

I think all the catchphrases have been said by now, except Terui's for obvious reasons.

Mick getting his own little segment was fun.
Old 2022-08-07, 19:02   Link #45
Galaxian

I like the AccelBooster was shown in the opening, showing once again that KRW is the entry where every is canon
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 19:15   Link #46
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I like the AccelBooster was shown in the opening, showing once again that KRW is the entry where every is canon
Spoiler for 2:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 09:30   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tokime not being the villain was obvious, but I didn't think she'd become part of the agency as the OP and ED imply. Will my boy Shoutaro finally get laid?
I have to say, that was my immediate thought. Especially with how hard she was blushing around him and the fact that the "femme fatale's" not a killer this time .

(Although does she get a slap on the wrist for all the thefts she committed or ...?)
Quote:
I think all the catchphrases have been said by now, except Terui's for obvious reasons.
Shotaro hasn't said "Oi, Akiko!" yet .
Old 2022-08-08, 12:42   Link #48
Quyenbezt

Quote:
I'd rather sacrifice the Extreme fuse emotional impact for a more practical henshin that keeps getting repeated for an entire 4 cours of the live-action show back then.

Watching Philip's body being useless again & again (times 50+) after henshin is always annoying to me and it just looks lame.
Haha i do like their henshin tho, it was such a new wind back then, maybe i was in my teen back then but combine right from the start would be weird imo, it paved the way for fang and eXtreme and they were both very good storylines. And most of the time they henshined were when Philip actually stayed at the base, at least from quarter 1 and 2 iirc. Also MUH drama like that fang series debut episode 17 or something.
Quyenbezt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 13:58   Link #49
Magewolf

I am honestly amazed at how good this is so far(knock on wood). About the henshin, I always thought it was a bit silly myself but at least it was different and it did lead to other things down the line so it worked out well enough in the end.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 14:27   Link #50
justavisitor

To me, the w henshin is perfect...they didn't have that great bond back in ep 1 so it was natural for them to have a separate body and soul in their henshin...it was until the time of extreme memory got introduced they developed a greater bond between each other so they had a better reason to merge the body and soul together
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-08-14, 11:37   Link #51
Frontier

Straight into the Kamen Rider action as W kicks the ever-livining #$%^ out of Road! You got to love it .

LunaJoker! I loved all the animation on Luna's stretchy arms! We even got to see LunaTrigger !

Holy #$%^! I'd recognize those guitar riffs anywhere! It's W-B-X Crime in the City! The original theme of W! Playing during a create bike chase scene in Shadow Fuuto and W finishing off Road with a Rider Kick Maximum Drive! So, so amazing !

(Also, I think in these three episodes we've gotten more bike action than most modern live-action Rider shows ).

All's well that ends well...Shotaro and Philip have reconciled and all the criminals have been arrested...including Chuuta, who turns out to have been after a Gaia Memory he bought and stashed in his bag the whole time because he craved the power of it. I kind of figured as much with the clues, but it was nice to see Philip put everything together and even explained Tokime's powers .

Toadstool Dopant! He actually looked kind of cool, shame we didn't get to see him fight W...but I guess that goes to show how pathetic Chuuta really is. His corrupted love for Fuuto brought Shotaro to tears .

I guess Tokime still stole stuff (even if it was only to survive), so she has to count up her sins as well and turn herself in...but not before basically falling for Shotaro and planting a kiss right on his lips. She likes how half-boiled he is! What a way to leave off before she gets into the police car. Shotaro you lucky dog .

HeatMetal cameo! I hope we see it in a full fight soon .

The Opening basically gives it away, but unlike Shotaro's other femme fatale love interests, Tokime is sticking around! Thanks to Terui (who still hasn't shown up yet) she's got a work release and probation so she can work with the Narumi Detective agency, keep herself out of trouble, and find out what's up with her .

And it also offers plenty of time for Shotaro and Tokime to bond...and she wastes no time getting into his apartment and plopping herself onto his bed so they can sleep together! Girl's pretty aggressive! It's just too bad Shotaro is too wholesome and too worried she'll end up like his other femme fatale love interests to pursue her as hard as she is him. But I hope things turn out well between Shotaro and Tokime .

Looks like the new villains have their own drivers/belts, and they know about Tokime...could she be a former member of the villains before she became an amnesiac ?

Is too much Tokime a bad thing if she's an amoeba that keeps multiplying? It sure seems like Shotaro has no problem feeding her though .
Old 2022-08-14, 12:04   Link #52
GDB

I love how we spent the past two weeks talking about Shotaro's proclivity towards femme fatales, and here Philip just outright calls him on it (not to his face, though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
(Also, I think in these three episodes we've gotten more bike action than most modern live-action Rider shows ).
I believe that's because there's a law that prevents them from doing most of the action scenes they want to do on motorcycles.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 12:58   Link #53
Blaat

Didn't expect them to play the original opening, I hope it's going to be the standard insert song every time W rides the bike in a fight. I also loved the moment the song paused when they weren't moving.

Anyway I'm guessing the Aurora dopant is the older brother of Tokime (a safe guess I'm sure)
Old 2022-08-14, 13:37   Link #54
justavisitor

is it just me, but when W kicks against Road, his kicks are not that high...like someone who doesn't know martial art (which is actually true anyway )

Very nice that they play the original song, which I think is way better than the new OP XD
Old 2022-08-14, 13:37   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Shotaro was right. Considering your luck with women, you better not tap dat ass yet, half-boiled boy.
Old 2022-08-14, 15:19   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I love how we spent the past two weeks talking about Shotaro's proclivity towards femme fatales, and here Philip just outright calls him on it (not to his face, though).
Quote:
Shotaro was right. Considering your luck with women, you better not tap dat ass yet, half-boiled boy.
Still more progress than he's made in virtually all his other relationships with women .

(I'm not sure how long Tokime was behind bars, but does she count as an ex-felon? Don't often see those as love interests...)
Quote:
I believe that's because there's a law that prevents them from doing most of the action scenes they want to do on motorcycles.
The benefits of being an anime .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Anyway I'm guessing the Aurora dopant is the older brother of Tokime (a safe guess I'm sure)
I assumed as much from the Opening given they have similar hair colors. And W loves it's messed up crime families .
Old 2022-08-14, 18:03   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The brilliance of this show just make me wonder even more why Kamen Rider was never made into an anime until now. It's perfectly suited to the medium, and as pointed out, they can even do the bike stunts they've been forbidden to do since Kuuga.

This episode sold me on Mikako Komatsu's Akiko. She sounds cuter for sure, but the energy is there. I still can't get over how hot they made her though... when is the anime taking place by the way? She could even be a MILF to boot!

I was pretty shocked that Shotaro actually has an apartment. We never saw it in the original series. I was assuming he was living at the Narumi Detective Agency like Philip. Predictably, he's not ready to live with Tokime, and the reason why is perfectly in character. That said, Philip was talking about how Shotaro's type is femme fatale but his type is his own sister, so... yeah. That's an aspect of W I always found rather weird by the way. The audience was told around the time Philip met Wakana that she was his sister, yet the show kept shipping them for like 20 episodes. If this had been an anime all along, he would have probably ended up with her
Old 2022-08-14, 18:51   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
This episode sold me on Mikako Komatsu's Akiko. She sounds cuter for sure, but the energy is there. I still can't get over how hot they made her though... when is the anime taking place by the way? She could even be a MILF to boot!
Akiko has always been an anime character forced into a live-action realm.

So yeah, now we get to see Akiko in her natural habitat .
Old 2022-08-14, 19:42   Link #59
iko_uwais

Lol, so a "sequel" to W-B-X, titled W-G-X ~W Goes Next~, nice.
Spoiler for plot:
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 20:12   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
The brilliance of this show just make me wonder even more why Kamen Rider was never made into an anime until now. It's perfectly suited to the medium, and as pointed out, they can even do the bike stunts they've been forbidden to do since Kuuga.
Or even just riding the bike frequently which stopped being a thing around the later Neo-Heisei shows.
Quote:
I was pretty shocked that Shotaro actually has an apartment. We never saw it in the original series. I was assuming he was living at the Narumi Detective Agency like Philip. Predictably, he's not ready to live with Tokime, and the reason why is perfectly in character. That said, Philip was talking about how Shotaro's type is femme fatale but his type is his own sister, so... yeah. That's an aspect of W I always found rather weird by the way. The audience was told around the time Philip met Wakana that she was his sister, yet the show kept shipping them for like 20 episodes. If this had been an anime all along, he would have probably ended up with her
It did feel like the kind of room Shotaro would have...and probably unthinkable that he'd ever have brought a girl to it prior to this series .

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu