Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-17, 15:48   Link #41
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Spoiler for Crossover noone asked for, but I like it.:
I've seen a number of people comparing those three characters to the main trio of the other big anime of the season.
Old 2022-04-18, 20:30   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

3 season in, and this show still manages to make me laugh. That ED sequence also came out of nowhere, but I dig it.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-20, 19:57   Link #43
grecefar

This chapter wasn't as funny as the previous two but it got his moments.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 12:11   Link #44
Frontier

There's trouble in paradise with Kashiwagi and Kashiwagi's boyfriend! She seems certain that he's cheating on her because he's hanging out with another boy, and she has no one else to take her problems too than Iino and Kaguya. And it gets into a hilarious discussion about borderline cheating and the standards people take for what constitutes cheating .

Wow, Kashiwagi doesn't mess around. If she thinks someone is cheating her, she'll go unlock her boyfriends' phone, go through his texts, and take candid pictures of him with another girl. She'll even hire a private investigator! She's not the kind of girl you want to cheat on and think you'll get away with it .

I love how Kaguya is so dismissive of Kashiwagi's problem and then immediately is steely certain Kashiwagi is being cheated on until it comes to something that would implicate her beloved Shirogane in cheating on her and she starts defending the boyfriend...and then Iino, who tried to be the reasonable counterpoint to the other ladies' certainty of cheating, says with absolute certainty that that counts as cheating .

Kaguya would never forgive Shirogane being with another woman behind her back while Fujiwara is finally teaching him how to rap...

But at the end of the day, Kashiwagi confronts her boyfriend, and he reveals that he was just having a friend help him shop for a necklace for her. You have to appreciate how everyone else (even said friend who intentionally picked it out that way) thought it was a lame gift, but to Kashiwagi it meant everything and she then passionately makes out with her boyfriend in the hallway while everyone stares. And she uses tongue .

Meet Maki Shijo! For so long she has been the butt of jokes as she has had to watch in agony as Kashiwagi and the guy she's in love with making great progress in their relationship since season 1, but now we finally get to meet this haughty, yet adorable, tsundere girl! And she's distantly, and I mean distantly, related to Kaguya .

I love how Shirogane and Ishigami just stumble into her collapsed on the ground in heartache and then have to listen to her whole tsundere spiel, and how Ishigami cuts through the BS and gets her to admit she likes the boyfriend (which hits Shirogane where it hurts) .

Maki thinks she's playing the long game and that Kashiwagi and her boyfriend won't last and she'll win in the end...but can she last that way? And can she live with all the experiences the couple is having now ?

I love when Shirogane realizes this is partially his fault for inspiring the boyfriend to do the kabedon, and now Maki has roped him and Ishigami into helping her steal the boyfriend away from Kashiwagi. Karma works in mysterious ways .

Gotta love how Maki is so sassy and prideful to her "auntie" Kaguya, and she screws the guys over with one last line to Kaguya about how they thought she was cute, and how her personality similarities to her wins Shirogane over. All in all, at least Maki finally won one .

I should have known that Kaguya asking Fujiwara about a group date would lead to the student council playing a game, and Fujiwara brought a polygraph to make sure everybody stays on their toes .

Kaguya won't admit she's in love with Shirogane but she'll definitely say "yes" just for the sake of the game. Sure Kaguya, sure .

Poor Ishigami and Iino using the game to try to ascertain whether the student council actually like them or not. These poor kids and their self-confidence issues .

Unsurprisingly Kaguya tries to use the game as her best chance to make Shirogane confess, but Shirogane manages to pull one over on her, but she's saved thanks to more than one person actually cheating in the coin game .

Nice way to close things out with a cute scene of Shirogane and Kaguya where Kaguya ends up, in her own way, telling Shirogane she believes in him .
Old 2022-04-22, 14:42   Link #45
grecefar

this one was better, so much fun, ishigame is so hilarious.

question, it was chika how said yes when he asked if he is hated?, the obvious is Iino but chika was acting strange after the reveal.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 18:52   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had forgotten that Maki had not been formally introduced yet
She's one of the funniest character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
question, it was chika how said yes when he asked if he is hated?, the obvious is Iino but chika was acting strange after the reveal.
Yeah, it was her. It should be obvious why she hates him, he's the only one in the Student Council, and probably in the entire school, to call out her bullshit and embarrass her.

Translation made a mistake with the outcome of that chapter, Shirogane won because of what he said to Kaguya at the end.
Old 2022-04-22, 19:50   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I want to give credit to the professional translators that heard "victory" and translated it to "loses" . Of course Shirogane won there. He managed to calm any worry that Kaguya had. That was a big win.

This whole episode was great. Maki's official introduction was great. She is the perfect example of what Kaguya and Shirogane have been flirted with becoming. Their pride could have so easily blown up in their faces like it did for her. That their feelings are mutual is the only thing that saved them. It's a tough break for Maki that the guy she likes ended up falling for someone else. But that's how it goes. At least she has people to confide in. Being alone with nothing but her regrets and pride must have sucked. Just making herself more miserable to the point of collapsing onto the ground. She is really cute so I'm glad she got this moment to shine.

Poor Ishigami and Iino. Their self-esteems are pretty darn low. Not surprised that Chika actually does hate Ishigami. We've seen enough to have that make sense. But it is good that Iino and everyone else were positive about him. Though of course the way it is handled likely leaves Ishigami presuming that Iino was the one that hates him . It was still worth it seeing Iino just melting in bliss from the praise and acceptance she got.
Old 2022-04-22, 20:49   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was kind of a hostile conversation they had and poor Miko was caught in the middle of it but that some relationship hiring a detective to fallow your boyfriend

One more of Chika games
Old 2022-04-22, 23:23   Link #49
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, it was her. It should be obvious why she hates him, he's the only one in the Student Council, and probably in the entire school, to call out her bullshit and embarrass her.
It says something that it was her and not Iino .
Quote:
Translation made a mistake with the outcome of that chapter, Shirogane won because of what he said to Kaguya at the end.
And Kaguya believed in him .
Old 2022-04-22, 23:42   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It says something that it was her and not Iino .
It does make sense that Iino would vote not hating him. Even if she has a strong sense of justice I think she'd have a hard time doing all that she does for him (behind his back) if she hated him. Though the open hostility when they get anywhere near each other...that could be worked on.

It's funny in some ways that Ishigami has argued often with Chika and Iino throughout the show but only one (Chika) actually voted hating him. Both or neither voting against him would have been believable to some degree. I guess Chika really held all those times he called her out against him. It's nice at least that despite the banter both Ishigami and Iino voted positively in favour of the other. They can't seem to do that openly in conversation, but with a degree of anonymity it's fine.
Old 2022-04-23, 09:25   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It does make sense that Iino would vote not hating him. Even if she has a strong sense of justice I think she'd have a hard time doing all that she does for him (behind his back) if she hated him. Though the open hostility when they get anywhere near each other...that could be worked on.

It's funny in some ways that Ishigami has argued often with Chika and Iino throughout the show but only one (Chika) actually voted hating him. Both or neither voting against him would have been believable to some degree. I guess Chika really held all those times he called her out against him. It's nice at least that despite the banter both Ishigami and Iino voted positively in favour of the other. They can't seem to do that openly in conversation, but with a degree of anonymity it's fine.
At the end of the day, Fujiwara is surprisingly petty and holds a grudge .
Old 2022-04-23, 10:26   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing I liked was just how upset Miko looked when Ishigami said she doesn't count.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 13:57   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
... surprisingly?

There's something I wonder about, in the ED. I get that Shirogane drank the immortality potion and lived from the early days of aviation all the way to interstellar warfare. But what about Hayasaka and the stuco members? Did they also get potions, or is he being helped by their generation xerox descendants?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 15:32   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... surprisingly?
Okay, that's fair .
Quote:
There's something I wonder about, in the ED. I get that Shirogane drank the immortality potion and lived from the early days of aviation all the way to interstellar warfare. But what about Hayasaka and the stuco members? Did they also get potions, or is he being helped by their generation xerox descendants?
I forgot they were in the season 1 ED too, but that's what I would assume.
Old 2022-04-23, 19:19   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Considering how she is quick to cheat and willing to sink low in order to win, somehow it makes perfect sense that she's pretty willing to hold onto grudges. All the more funny when most of his shots against her are justified. The student council trip to the fireworks festival was completely fair to exclude her since she was keeping herself unavailable with several international trips. And if she wasn't cheating all the time he wouldn't have any chance or cause to fire shots her way.

But people aren't always reasonable . Although I suppose the breast jokes he made in season 1...are something she could legitimately hold a grudge over. No one is perfect in this show so some flaws are nice for just fleshing out characters like Chika.
Old 2022-04-29, 12:06   Link #56
Frontier

Kashiwagi and boyfriend are back in pure relationship bliss, which is enough for Ishigami to sick his laser death beam on that bacouple .

Ishigami says he doesn't have any time for romance and people should focus on their studies (not that he does), which is spoken like a true guy without a girlfriend or good romantic prospects, but he falls all over himself when Tsubame enters the room. I mean, beyond her being there for his cheerleading arc, she's a cute, spirited, outgoing, and affectionate girl. Who wouldn't fall in love with her ?

And Kaguya takes a keen interest in Ishigami's love life, because she knows what happens when you get into a drawn out game of waiting for a confession, so she wants to see Ishigami succeed and build up his self-esteem. He just has to move on from his less than stellar courtship ideas .

"Ultra Romantic!" Oh hey, a title drop .

Kaguya definitely has her ideal man in mind...not that it's the President, it's just traits they happen to share because it's worldly common sense, right ?

Ishigami has had so many failures and losses in his life that he doesn't believe in even trying, or that he has any chance with a girl like Tsubame, but Kaguya isn't just going to let him give up. Time for another Ishigami test-taking arc .

Everyone in the student council acting like they need to take a break to focus on their studies...and lying as easily as they breathe. Shirogane can't focus on studying with Kaguya there, Kaguya can't focus on studying at home because she's become obsessed with replying on her phone (relatable), Iino is just that desperate to focus on studying because she needs to be number 1 for the sake of her own self-esteem, and Fujiwara isn't worried about her allowance because she knows she's got her grandpa in her pocket .

It sucks that after all that hard work and effort Ishigami wasn't even able to make it to the top 50, because it became less about proving himself to Tsubame so much as believing in himself and really trying to push himself farther. But find a girl like Kaguya who will walk brazenly into the boys' bathroom to give Ishigami a pep talk and get him to commit to doing better on the next test! Even if she will then turn around and blame you for the fact that she got 2nd place .

Figures the only way that Fujiwara could talk Kaguya into a sleepover was saying Shirogane might show up, but they still end up having one together at Kaguya's mansion .

So we get another Hayasaka identity, Herthaka, a gay war orphan teen Harvard grad super butler boy that Hayasaka has to take on whenever Fujiwara is at the house because Fujiawara knows her from school. In fact every Hayasaka identity has a surprisingly in-depth backstory .

I'm glad despite Shirogane not being there that Kaguya and Fujiwara were able to have a nice time together, with a bath (Fujiwara boob!), trying on PJ's, and even some late-night girl talk that is well past Kaguya's bedtime .

And who should they call while Kaguya is sleepy and dazy than Shirogane himself? And then Kei shows up and scrambles to make their family look presentable and double-teaming her brother with Fujiwara when they peg him for being in love and trying to ascertain the identity of said love interest...with Herthaka coming in the clutch by seeming like Shirogane's new love. Which super turns on Fujiwara .

Man, a sleepy Kaguya was this close to confessing! She had Shirogane and Kei waiting so fervently for her to say it! And then of course she falls asleep so cutely .
Old 2022-04-29, 18:41   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

And thus, Fuji became fujo.
Old 2022-04-29, 20:53   Link #58
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Chika imagination going into overdrive with Miyuki & Ai crossdressing as a man

Well more tests and Ishigami trying his best

Sleepy Kaguya is really cute
Old 2022-04-29, 22:14   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And thus, Fuji became fujo.
The nosebleed of an awakened fetish .
Old 2022-04-30, 00:59   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

The lies just pile onto each other until they reach unbelievably hilarious levels . Kei will be left with the impression that Miyuki is interested in Hayasaka. While Fujiwara will presume it's Hayasaka's male disguise. And the fun will just continue on from there. Utterly KO'd Chika leaving her a bloody mess by the end of it. Seriously, that was one wild nosebleed.

Good episode for Ishigami honestly. It does suck seeing him give a serious effort, but hit the wall of reality. He's not an idiot. But he can't overcome basically not giving a damn about his studies for all that time and suddenly hit the top 50 that easily. The good thing is that this is one failure that didn't make him give up.

Spoiler for Iino speculation:

Tags
rom com