Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-11, 18:30   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
For example, I don't remember the girl that was being forcefully examined at all.
I can't blame you since I'm not even sure she showed up in the previous season. She's Shidou's biological sister. The story ignores her most of the time.
Old 2022-04-11, 20:32   Link #42
Frontier

I always remembered when Mana showed up and she and Kotori were competing for who is the best sister to Shido and Kotori gave the game away with saying "biological siblings can't get married!" .
Old 2022-04-11, 21:30   Link #43
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I kind of hope Ellen and Nia have a scene together, if only because Shizuka Itou and Hitomi Nabatame go way back, although maybe they were at least at the studio together .
I would like to see that too. The seiyuus of those characters have a long history of friendship together.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 07:31   Link #44
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
It feels like I've missed something, but I don't really pay enough attention to remember more than the basic premise.

For example, I don't remember the girl that was being forcefully examined at all.
Shido's blood-related sister that got beaten up by Kurumi early on. She doesn't do much.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 08:00   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Shido's blood-related sister that got beaten up by Kurumi early on. She doesn't do much.
I didn't remember he had one of those. Were they separated at birth or something?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 09:53   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
I didn't remember he had one of those. Were they separated at birth or something?
I forget what the reason for it was...something about her being taken in by AST after whatever happened to their parents or something.
Old 2022-04-12, 10:17   Link #47
Estzero1

Quote:
We will get there but not in this season.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 09:04   Link #48
Frontier

I guess it makes sense that the resident Otaku of Ratatoskr would relate to Nia's love of 2D. When he mentioned liking voice actresses to Kotori I was expecting him to namedrop Ayana Taketatsu .

No surprise that their first option is to have Shido dress up as and play her favorite character in front of her, and it's actually very effective, and it's bolstered by Shido's surprisingly good acting skills as a brusque, no-nonsense, warrior who has no time for women...which makes it stand out all the more to Nia when he breaks character and tries to kiss her. Poor Shido gets a kick to the face instead of a kiss .

So the teams' next best option is to make a Otome game with Shido as the conquerable hero with real-time dialogue as Shido becomes a voice actor...and it seems like it's working right up until Nia wants to play more and uses Raziel to figure out who made it. It's really hard to pull one over on a Spirit who practically knows everything .

I love how we get a council of Shido's Harem of Spirits trying to come up with a way to win over Natsumi. Like, who needs Ratatoskr when we can get actual Spirits and girls in love with Shido to come up with a solution? They even have name plaques in the big roundtable .

So the girls come up with the best solution being selling Shido via a manga, with Yuzuru and Yamai having experience making manga and Origami thinking it's the best solution...but Nia doesn't have time to waste on their attempts, so it's going to come down to a battle at comike...I mean, comico for the best manga, and if the gang win then they can get Nia to read their manga .

Is it really that Nia only loves 2D or is it because she doesn't feel like anyone would truly love her? It seems like she had something in her past that led her to distance herself from people, potentially because Raziel reveals all secrets, but Shido seems to think there's more to it .

What does Kurumi want with Nia? The secret of the Spirit of Origin and how to kill it...which is to say, Kurumi's not strong enough to do it and probably won't ever be strong enough to do it, not that it'll stop her .

Time for the Harem to make a manga! And first we need to establish everyone's drawing skills. Tohka and Yoshino are cute (I love prince Shido from Yoshino), Kotori draws a decent sketch for a middle-schooler, Miku can only draw Shiori, Kaguya draws Shonen while Yuzuru draws Shojo, Origami draws 18+ and Natsumi is actually surprisingly good at drawing! Perfect opportunity for her to really contribute and lead the team in making this manga !

This is the teams' first manga so unsurprisingly they have to pull some all nighters to get it done...but Natsumi is committed to completing it, for Nia's sake and out of gratitude for everything Shido and the gang have done for her. Even the manga seems to be based off of her experience with them, which is really sweet .

So what did the other girls do that also left them exhausted? Judging by the next episode preview...buying Bunny Girl costumes for them all to wear to sell the manga? I can't wait .
Old 2022-04-15, 18:35   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This season looks so beautiful, especially compared to the last one. This is the best DAL has ever looked.

The episode put my worries about Nia to rest, she hadn't been contacted by Kurumi yet so what we saw was indeed her real self. And what great self it is. Having to conquer a spirit who is only into 2D is a hilarious problem to solve. Their attempts to do so were very fun, and while their latest idea sounds promising, this still isn't the right approach. What they need to do is figure out why Nia rejects 3D (and it's not limited to men, she keeps everyone at a distance) and solve whatever issue she has.

Fun times will continue for a while next week, but DEM is going to crash the party. I suppose it was always going to happen, Nia couldn't remain undetected forever.
Old 2022-04-15, 20:44   Link #50
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well trying to win over a girl who only like 2D well they do have some interesting ideas an interactive dating sim it to bad that she saw threw it
Old 2022-04-15, 21:27   Link #51
moridin84
Custom User Title

This season is so pretty it's hard to believe that it's Date A Live.

I wonder who is bankrolling this season.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 23:34   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The episode put my worries about Nia to rest, she hadn't been contacted by Kurumi yet so what we saw was indeed her real self. And what great self it is. Having to conquer a spirit who is only into 2D is a hilarious problem to solve. Their attempts to do so were very fun, and while their latest idea sounds promising, this still isn't the right approach. What they need to do is figure out why Nia rejects 3D (and it's not limited to men, she keeps everyone at a distance) and solve whatever issue she has.
I guess on the plus side Shidou seems to realize there's more to it than just her Angel. I feel like however he ends up winning over Nia will have to be from something he does himself .
Quote:
Fun times will continue for a while next week, but DEM is going to crash the party. I suppose it was always going to happen, Nia couldn't remain undetected forever.
Shizuka Itou and Hitomi Nabatame reunite .
Old 2022-04-16, 06:55   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Shizuka Itou and Hitomi Nabatame reunite .
Not the first time you mentioned this, what's the story with those two?
Old 2022-04-16, 12:01   Link #54
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not the first time you mentioned this, what's the story with those two?
I think they're IRL great friends and have been in a lot of shows together...and she was one of Nabatame's seiyuu "wives" .
Old 2022-04-17, 04:40   Link #55
ryllharu

Quote:
I guess it makes sense that the resident Otaku of Ratatoskr would relate to Nia's love of 2D. When he mentioned liking voice actresses to Kotori I was expecting him to namedrop Ayana Taketatsu .
One thing I love about DAL is that it frequently attacks or insults its own fans without breaking the 4th wall directly.

Even when talking about the 4th wall itself later in the episode, they don't cross it. They come close, but always make the attacks by inference. Usually through the crew discussions on how to proceed, or a line from Kotori.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-17, 10:25   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
One thing I love about DAL is that it frequently attacks or insults its own fans without breaking the 4th wall directly.

Even when talking about the 4th wall itself later in the episode, they don't cross it. They come close, but always make the attacks by inference. Usually through the crew discussions on how to proceed, or a line from Kotori.
Well, no surprise when the Spirit of this arc is so self-aware herself .
Old 2022-04-19, 09:01   Link #57
Mazryonh

Quote:
I think they're IRL great friends and have been in a lot of shows together...and she was one of Nabatame's seiyuu "wives" .
Yes, Nabatame Hitomi and Itou Shizuka are great friends IRL, and they even got "married" in a drama CD way back in 2008. Here's the link:

NSFW
NSFW Ads
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sadly, Itou Shizuka divorced her real-life husband recently, but to my knowledge, Nabatame Hitomi is still married to her real-life husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post

When was the last time they broke the 4th wall before this arc? I'd like a reminder.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 09:08   Link #58
Frontier

How do you compete against a top-class, popular, manga author? By having your Harem throw their clothes off and reveal their Bunny Girls! And the girls all looked stunning, perfect for drawing attention and helping sell the manga, and even the loli's dressed up as Bunny Girls (although the younger members wore skirts instead of tight leotards for modesty's sake). I'm only disappointed Origami didn't dress up .

Oh hey, it's the Ratatoskr team! And the schoolgirl trio (who think the manga based off Shido's exploits is lame and unrealistic)! And even Origami's AST friends! Shido and the gang are getting plenty of help in their efforts to help Nia by selling their manga .

Sex sells, but so does quality, so Bunny Girls helps but can't quite make up the difference with Nia's manga and popularity, which leads Miku to take one for the team and invite her fans to a handshake event to get more people to buy the manga. She may be uncomfortable shaking the hands of men, but she'll do it for the sake of her friends and her Darling .

Takajo should really wear her glasses less, her eyes are beautiful .

I love how Shido is gets into an argument with Nia over her distance from others because of Raziel because she doesn't think anyone would want to be friends with someone who can look in on people in their private moments while still selling the manga. Shido has nothing to hide, let alone his desire to help Nia, and he has no problem if she looks in on him .

A tie! Which means Nia has to take a peek at "Shido a Live," Which funnily enough spends so much time with all eight girls that it doesn't actually do a good job of showing off the main character (even though the manga was supposed to sell Nia on Shido in the first place), but it's decently made and Nia taking a peek at what went into the manga shows her Shido's sincerity and everything he's went through to help out the Spirits. And it's that sincerity that finally lets Nia give him another chance to win her heart .

Of course then she goes Inverse and everything goes wrong, because Westcott, SOB that he is, had implanted a device that would restore Nia's memories of every horrible thing DEM did to her just when she was willing to give people a chance again so she'd turn into some demonic sorceress with a Beelzebub book that can summon demons to attack people. Poor Nia .

Ellen! Shizuku Itou and Hitomi Nabatame are briefly reunited! Cool

So I guess the girls can all don their full Astral Dresses now ?

Who is this Artemisia Ashcroft lady? How does Origami know her? What is her deal? I guess a show can never have enough hot ladies, even if they're part of the bad guys .

So it turns out Westcott is basically an evil version of Shido, able to absorb the Seraphim and Inverse powers of an Inverted Spirit, which is the reason he's been trying to turn them all Inverse in the first place. I'd hate to think how powerful he'd be if he managed to absorb them all .

Shido getting through to Nia with his voice while she was Inverted is enough evidence for Nia having some feelings for Shido and enough for him to finally kiss her and seal her. So I guess that's the best they could have hoped for under the circumstances. But why didn't she turn naked after getting sealed ?

Lucky Shido that he now has a 28-year old woman in his Harem, even if her biological age stopped, but that begs an even deeper question that if all the Spirits were human once...what does that mean for the pure Spirits? And why does Reine not look surprised at this ?

Looks like it's time to meet the Space Spirit Mukuro next week .
Old 2022-04-22, 16:52   Link #59
Estzero1

Quote:
Lucky Shido that he now has a 28-year old woman in his Harem, even if her biological age stopped, ...
You kinda misunderstood. It's been 27 years since Nia became a spirit and stopped aging. Physically wise Nia is around 19 but mentally she is around 46/47. So you could say, Shido now has a very mature woman in his harem .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 16:56   Link #60
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
You kinda misunderstood. It's been 27 years since Nia became a spirit and stopped aging. Physically wise Nia is around 19 but mentally she is around 46/47. So you could say, Shido now has a very mature woman in his harem .
She actually matches Hitomi Nabatame's IRL age .