AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-03-22, 22:41   Link #41
The Green One

Perhaps the moral of the story is that Heroes are people too. They aren't bastions of purity or perfection. They have faults, mistakes, and failings.

Even Nafoumi is no different. Perhaps it's the act of putting the Heroes on pedestals contributes to the enabling of this behavior.
Old 2019-03-22, 23:09   Link #42
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Nah it's more like Ren finding out he's NOT Kirito.

Being Kirito means you are the recipient of the Haxx and the world loves you and everything you do.
Plus a free harem .
Quote:
Perhaps the moral of the story is that Heroes are people too. They aren't bastions of purity or perfection. They have faults, mistakes, and failings.

Even Nafoumi is no different. Perhaps it's the act of putting the Heroes on pedestals contributes to the enabling of this behavior.
I think the expectations of the Heroes themselves also plays into it.

The Heroes expect things to go well and to be rewarded on the basis that they're Heroes and that's how these stories go, but Naofumi was hit with the cruelest reality possible so now he views the world in a more real and grounded way then the others do.
Old 2019-03-23, 01:39   Link #43
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Ren said the captain comes back several times and has to be repeatedly defeated, so he wasn't surprised at all by its respawn. It's fairly clear that all of them expected this boss at this time and therefore assumed that the tactics would be the same. Hardly seems strange then that they should expect it to have the weaknesses they remember. So no, I'm pretty sure they "know about elemental resistance"; they just believe with all their hearts that either it's weak to lightning or has no resistance and thus the strong lightning is the best option. As I said before, even if they say they "know it's not a game" they still embrace all the similarities as evidence that it really is the game they played while ignoring any and all indications of limits to those correlations.
Quote:
From what I see it's not that the other three don't know about things and how they work it's more like it's about "That's not how things went in my game!" they're acting and doing things how they expect to see it happen from their game experience and refuse to deviate from it even when it shows to not be working and that it's different from the game. That's their stupidity.
So what might've happened this time was that

- the 3 had slightly different experiences in whatever game the world was set in

- the way to defeat the enemies was different from what they're used to

- that they differed so much that they didn't even know that the shadow of that captain was the real enemy and Naofumi was the only one who realized it because he didn't know anything from his original world

- they're too stupid to try anything else if their strategy isn't working because "that's how it has always worked!" and they're still thinking like they're inside a game

which makes a lot more sense, but they're still noobs IMO though I can see why the plot would dumb the 3 down while building up Naofumi as the true hero.

Yea, I'm now sure I'm just too used to the competent isekai protagonists we've seen like Shiroe or Ainz
Old 2019-03-23, 03:20   Link #44
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To be fair to the heroes who are not Naofumi, they have been gifted by arguably better weapons and the King provided with as much help as possible, be it in manpower, or logistics or intelligence.

Naofumi was forced with what we thought to be the worst possible weapon, with little to no help. With the powers he unlocked, he had to think outside the box. And he had to earn the help through his good deeds.

Being stuck with Naofumi's POV, with a writing that is weak, juvenile and unsubtle at times (I can excuse it on being the author's first work), and the studio's not always on par directing, some people are misled into believing that the story deliberately design the world as kissing the ground Naofumi walked on.

So far only Ren have been shown willing to listen and learn from his mistakes. Itsuki is too self-righteous. Motoyasu is stuck in his belief that Bitchface is always right and cant do wrong.
Old 2019-03-23, 09:37   Link #45
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Plus a free harem .

I think the expectations of the Heroes themselves also plays into it.

The Heroes expect things to go well and to be rewarded on the basis that they're Heroes and that's how these stories go, but Naofumi was hit with the cruelest reality possible so now he views the world in a more real and grounded way then the others do.
Technically, they do the work they're given, No different that Naofumi who mentally chided them for asking for compensation upfront when they were summoned to that world, only to demand compensation himself for the things he does now.

The only difference is that since Naofumi doesn't have someone backing him, he's forced to think of the long-term ramifications and usually tries not to make his reputation worse.
Old 2019-03-28, 21:12   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The heck Filo? You aren't supposed to be nice to him. YOu are supposed to remove him from Naofumi's presence by testing the strength of his leg armor .
Seriously though, it's been a while since I read the manga, but it kinda feels like some kind of reconciliation to at least a point wherre spear jerk is being tolerated is missing there.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-03-29, 07:08   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They don't really have time for comical disagreements here. There's monsters to fight.
Closed Thread