3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-09-04, 16:06   Link #41
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Even so, it can't be helped that Mordred, Arthuria's "defective clone", is ultimately a man-child. Now I can see why Arthuria had a good reason for denying Mordred's succession to be the next king. I don't really mean to offend Mordred fans to begin with, but I began to find her personality fall flat to my preference.
I agree with your assessment. In short, Mordred is just not heroic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
How many times is this Seig/Homu going to be killed, then come back to life?
Someone tell him People die when they are killed.
Slow clap, well played. :P
Old 2017-09-04, 16:13   Link #42
XFire
150% done

Mordred always felt like an anti-villain to me rather than an antihero.
Old 2017-09-04, 20:35   Link #43
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
How many times is this Seig/Homu going to be killed, then come back to life?
Someone tell him People die when they are killed.
Just because you're correct, doesn't mean you're right. I'm throwing this back to you.

Did you know about Frankenstein was created by the lightning that create life? Blasted Tree also function like that. While it has the lightning of destructive power, it also got the lightning that create life which jolted into Sieg's heart like a defibrilator. "Oh, that's an asspull plot armor!" my ass.

It's funny how it's acceptable to scoff Sieg for any no good reasons, while having issues with people who criticize Mordred who actually has a legit reasons to do so.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 22:08   Link #44
Blueknight78

Quote:
Just because you're correct, doesn't mean you're right. I'm throwing this back to you.

Did you know about Frankenstein was created by the lightning that create life? Blasted Tree also function like that. While it has the lightning of destructive power, it also got the lightning that create life which jolted into Sieg's heart like a defibrilator. "Oh, that's an asspull plot armor!" my ass.

It's funny how it's acceptable to scoff Sieg for any no good reasons, while having issues with people who criticize Mordred who actually has a legit reasons to do so.
afar i remember in anime he don't come back because of the lightining, but because siegfried "awaken" on him, or you are talking for the first time he ressurected??? that is the second time he come back to life.

i can understand he "coming back" since his heart is siegfried heart which was "immortal".
Old 2017-09-04, 23:47   Link #45
Isaac Gravity

Quote:

Agreed.

Read up on what Blasted Tree does so while I'm still iffy on the whole, hole in the chest thing, I can totally buy everything else otherwise.

Feel bad for Fran and Caules really.
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 00:23   Link #46
HandofFate

so what command spell did Mordred's master use to protect her?
Just generic channeling his magic power into her?
Old 2017-09-05, 00:30   Link #47
XFire
150% done

Quote:
so what command spell did Mordred's master use to protect her?
Just generic channeling his magic power into her?
In the novel he actually yanked her out of the battlefield altogether.
Old 2017-09-05, 00:38   Link #48
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
In the novel he actually yanked her out of the battlefield altogether.
yeah.

In the anime Sisigou used a Command Spell just like Caules did to defend Mordred, otherwise she would be dead right now and Mordred needs another Command Spell to boost herself so that she can injure Sieg because all B-Rank attacks and lower do nothing against him.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 00:53   Link #49
Twi

Mordred probably would've been pissed that she'd have to run all the way back there then.
Old 2017-09-05, 01:57   Link #50
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Now we got ourselves an avid Sieg x Astolfo fanboy in the house. Wait- Astolfo pregnant?! OH MY GOD, MY EYES!!! Dx
Old 2017-09-05, 03:10   Link #51
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
This applies to F/GO
Nasu didn’t write Apo.
You are gravely mistaken, as Nasu mentioned that in the Apo material book, not the FGO book.
So yeah, Apo Astolfo is Bi.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 04:05   Link #52
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You are gravely mistaken, as Nasu mentioned that in the Apo material book, not the FGO book.
So yeah, Apo Astolfo is Bi.
I don't remember that.
To be honest, I don't think it makes any difference, since Apo Astolfo behaves like a typical harem heroine.

Last edited by PentingWolf; 2017-09-05 at 06:02.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 07:37   Link #53
Blueknight78

Quote:
I don't remember that.
To be honest, I don't think it makes any difference, since Apo Astolfo behaves like a typical harem heroine.
well have a "bi" heroine(swin to both sides) also is very common in harem as the typical "lewd old geese type of girl, then is not a problem.
Old 2017-09-05, 08:14   Link #54
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I don't remember that.
Dat sig

And my original point was that Astolfo acts like that with everyone. He's like a giant overly affectionate puppy to people he's never met before. Seig is someone he saved and was saved by, so he's even more affectionate in that case. But in the novel, that was always because Astolfo was Astolfo.

The anime altered things to focus his attention more or less solely on Seig, and Seig is now blushing all over the place in response as opposed to the more bewildered reaction he has in the novel.
Old 2017-09-05, 08:25   Link #55
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Dat sig

And my original point was that Astolfo acts like that with everyone. He's like a giant overly affectionate puppy to people he's never met before. Seig is someone he saved and was saved by, so he's even more affectionate in that case. But in the novel, that was always because Astolfo was Astolfo.

The anime altered things to focus his attention more or less solely on Seig, and Astolfo is now blushing all over the place in response as opposed to the more bewildered reaction he has in the novel.
FTFY

But still, I can't bear to stomach the bromance any further! It's too much for me! And it's too bright that it burns my eyes! Ack!!! Dx
Old 2017-09-05, 11:20   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

RIP Fran. Too bad her sacrifice was in vain.

I'm a bit worried about Mordred, her master used two command spells already and she's up against Siegfried. It looks like she's completely recovered though, so her chances would be good if she wasn't up against the main character. She's obviously not going to die, but she might get her ass whooped and be spared by Sieg, which would make her very very angry. I already wasn't too fond of the callous way she acted in this episode, so I don't want her to get worse. I like the contrast with her father though. Mordred thinks very highly of herself and has a tendency to get quickly pissed off when things don't go her way on the battlefield. The opposite of the humble and cool-headed Artoria.
Old 2017-09-05, 11:26   Link #57
XFire
150% done

Something to note here: that's still Seig. It's Seigfrieds body, but Seig is in control.

And Seig is shit with a sword.
Old 2017-09-05, 11:32   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I assumed the possession made him inherit all of Siegfried's skills. He was doing well against Mordred, and he knows how to activate his noble phantasm.

By the way, they said possession only last a few seconds with normal humans, so what about Jeanne and Laetitia? Ruler hax removes all limitations?
Old 2017-09-05, 11:36   Link #59
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, they said possession only last a few seconds with normal humans, so what about Jeanne and Laetitia? Ruler hax removes all limitations?
Laetitia lent her existence to Jeanne, so it's not a mere possession.

And from what I see Mordred has full control over the sword fight. Sieg can't measure up to her in that department. Now it remains to be seen what he can do with Balmung.
Old 2017-09-05, 12:24   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I'd understand trading a seal for a seal if he didn't use two of them literally right before for not so smart reasons. I also kind of doubt Mordred would have died from that NP. Probably incapacitated and immediately lose to sieg right after. Fran hasn't really shown she is that powerful.
Don't just make random assumptions just because of something you "feel". The reason Go Lion used a command seal was because it was necessary to survive, otherwise he wouldn't have needed to use a command seal. These are the facts presented to us by the story itself.

Also, protagonists not dying when they are killed are kind of a Fate staple, aren't they? I mean I was sort of surprised when it happened, but more in an "Oh, riiiight!" kind of way, rather than "WTF?!?!?".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote