AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-12, 17:08   Link #41
ArrowSmith

Natsuko going into insane mode was fun, but not good writing.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 17:35   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was so horribly written. Everyone saw Natsuko throwing herself at the MC and him refusing her, not to mention she made a complete 180 and showed herself to be willing to fuck one of her classmates right in front of everybody to survive, and yet nobody doubted her claim the MC tried to assault her

It's only the second episode and it's already surpassed Mayoiga. This is going to be great fun.

I don't know who that King is but he sure is lewd. Quite a few of his orders are related to sex. That escalated really quickly by the way.
Old 2017-10-12, 19:00   Link #43
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Natsuko going into insane mode was fun, but not good writing.
It would have been better if it had happened later on tbh.

The main diffeence between this one and the original seems to be that in the original (prequel) they recieved orders every 24 hours and also had about 24 hours to execute them.
The way the anime makes this one look though, it seems like they get orders like every 10 minutes

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 19:22   Link #44
BWTraveller
Born to ship

What depresses me is that it kind of looks like she's supposed to legitimately be the main heroine, maybe even an eventual love interest. Yeah, good luck pulling that one off.

This "going insane" just didn't look at all "insane", but rather a full-on psychopathic Alpha-B*tch finally getting tired of the danger and things not going her way and dropping the façade. Even what she says to the hero when they're alone. She clearly thinks exactly what she said, that she's the cutest, hottest thing to ever exist and that it's only natural and right to be willing to do anything if it benefits her, including stabbing people in the back and getting them killed. I'm betting Natsuko's best friend will one day find herself trying to defend Natsuko only to look down and see a knife in her stomach because Natsuko thought her death would be useful.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 19:36   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 20:17   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Back when I first saw the first episode, I had this complaint for the show:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It just felt clunky and more concerned with quickly moving the plot until a certain point rather than embracing the characters first for us to truly root for. Survival anime rely heavily on characters yet Ousama seem to already stepping on the gas with the carnage without allowing me to really feel the said characters.
So, rather than fixing the above problems in episode 2, this show actually doubles down on the issues and cranks the bad writing up to eleven . Ugh.......I just can’t take it. I might have to drop it right here coz I’m not in the mood to watch a series that’s “so bad it’s terribly hilarious” like Mayoiga. Maybe later when I don’t have anything better to do. Then again, I’d rather re-watch/re-read Gantz if I want a better and more entertaining survival game (maybe checking out the live-action movies that I haven't watched).
Old 2017-10-12, 20:27   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This was so horribly written. Everyone saw Natsuko throwing herself at the MC and him refusing her, not to mention she made a complete 180 and showed herself to be willing to fuck one of her classmates right in front of everybody to survive, and yet nobody doubted her claim the MC tried to assault her
What it makes even worse is that everybody attakced Natsuko when she told them he assaulted her, but barely anyone reacted when someone tried to rape her right in front of them. They just stood there and gawked.
Old 2017-10-12, 20:47   Link #48
ArrowSmith

I guess I should have seen it coming. A girl doesn't just throw herself at a new guy like Natsuko did and not have some kind of mental issue. She didn't know anything about him and immediately declares her love?

Stalker-san.

Amazing how they went 'School Days' on episode 2.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 21:52   Link #49
HandofFate

Agreed with all the responses.
Such terrible writing lol.
Even if you want to give a little leeway for panic and mob mentality, its still come on now..
Old 2017-10-12, 23:16   Link #50
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

At least Mayoiga's characters were interesting; here everyone seems to be dumb as bricks. This just got so far bad, it went past good, only to be bad again.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 23:21   Link #51
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

It's only the second episode and it's already surpassed Mayoiga. This is going to be great fun.

I don't know who that King is but he sure is lewd. Quite a few of his orders are related to sex. That escalated really quickly by the way.
Maybe the escalation was meant to divide the class further and to unmask Natsuko. If they are busy fighting each other, they can't beat the game.
Old 2017-10-13, 00:22   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
What depresses me is that it kind of looks like she's supposed to legitimately be the main heroine, maybe even an eventual love interest. Yeah, good luck pulling that one off.

This "going insane" just didn't look at all "insane", but rather a full-on psychopathic Alpha-B*tch finally getting tired of the danger and things not going her way and dropping the façade. Even what she says to the hero when they're alone. She clearly thinks exactly what she said, that she's the cutest, hottest thing to ever exist and that it's only natural and right to be willing to do anything if it benefits her, including stabbing people in the back and getting them killed. I'm betting Natsuko's best friend will one day find herself trying to defend Natsuko only to look down and see a knife in her stomach because Natsuko thought her death would be useful.

Are you sure she is? I think umbrella girl (See sports festval photo) might be the actual heroine.
Or they are going to pull a fast one and make it Chiemi (see ep 1)again.
Looking at the writing at this point, it wouldn't surprise me at all

edit:
The really interesting thing however, is that Natsuko got an order almsot twice in a row..

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2017-10-13 at 00:55.
Old 2017-10-13, 01:34   Link #53
DMurphy

Man, this series jumped the shark fast.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 06:02   Link #54
Tenzen12

As bad as writing get, I think I can respect crazy "I will kill anyone to survive" Natsuko over totally stupid "I fell for you on first sight". Bonus points if later was faked all along for whatever reason.

I hope she will survive this round.
Old 2017-10-13, 07:38   Link #55
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
As bad as writing get, I think I can respect crazy "I will kill anyone to survive" Natsuko over totally stupid "I fell for you on first sight". Bonus points if later was faked all along for whatever reason.

I hope she will survive this round.
Do you mean her love declaration being fake or her Kushida(School of the Elite) like behavior being fake?

Old 2017-10-13, 08:15   Link #56
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
What it makes even worse is that everybody attakced Natsuko when she told them he assaulted her, but barely anyone reacted when someone tried to rape her right in front of them. They just stood there and gawked.
Yeah, that was completely nonsensical. The whole confrontation had no logical sense and makes look Mayoiga sane in comparison

I didn't get why the sudden idea to kill him, though. Not that I'm expecting it to be reasonable.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 08:16   Link #57
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Do you mean her love declaration being fake or her Kushida(School of the Elite) like behavior being fake?

I meant later, but either would be better than real thing in my book.
Old 2017-10-13, 09:11   Link #58
Irenesharda

Hmm, really bad writing, but I weirdly liked it.

Honestly, I'm rather happy the whole class is incredibly dumb and unlikable. Now they can just kill everybody off and I won't care.

I'm enjoying this more for the premise and what the King will do next more so than for any of the characters. I'll stick with it for a little more.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 10:01   Link #59
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Probable they low ley hated him for refusing her so they went along with her, I would .
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 11:22   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Not sure how you got that impression, since she's depicted as a villain in the OP. The heroine seems to be the brown haired girl with the mole we haven't seen much of yet.

Natsuko dropped the facade and there's no turning back. Although if she did turn on her good girl mode again, I wouldn't even be surprised if most of her classmates accepted it without batting an eye, allowing her to manipulate them. Not the MC though.