AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 6 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-13, 20:35   Link #41
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Honestly, I'm now less a μ's fan
Man, that's really sad. That honestly might be the most depressing thing I've read on Anime Suki in years. You were an excellent Kotori fan. I definitely thought the memories would mean more to you than this. Sad...

Quote:
Plus, it's not like Akiba is μ's territory, it was mainly A-RISE territory.
μ's beat A-RISE. μ's are the people who took school idols to a higher level in the beautiful Love Live movie. Akiba is now μ's territory as much as it is any other group's.

Perhaps unlike you, I still love/respect μ's, and that's only grown this Summer.
Old 2016-08-13, 21:30   Link #42
Pen3

Wow the new rival can do a back flip, much more competition than A-Rise ever was. Well A-Rise only had two songs, so not hard to beat. Riko, Hanamaru and Chika are the best characters in Sunshine so far. I was expected to like Yohane, but she seems to annoying me very much and i am not even sure why. It isn't the chunni because i wouldn't mind another season or two of Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!, but can't stand Yohane for two episodes.

Last edited by Pen3; 2016-08-13 at 21:50.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 21:31   Link #43
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
Honestly, I'm now less a μ's fan since there is really nothing left outside of the manga and short stories plus some bits of merchandise, and I'm going along with being an Aqours fan
Do you mean you like Aqours more than μ's, or that your stock in μ's went down due to Aqours?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 22:41   Link #44
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Man, that's really sad. That honestly might be the most depressing thing I've read on Anime Suki in years. You were an excellent Kotori fan. I definitely thought the memories would mean more to you than this. Sad...

μ's beat A-RISE. μ's are the people who took school idols to a higher level in the beautiful Love Live movie. Akiba is now μ's territory as much as it is any other group's.

Perhaps unlike you, I still love/respect μ's, and that's only grown this Summer.
It is actually disturbing how much this dude sticks up for μ's. I like μ's fine, but it is over, gotta move on and accept new things.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 23:10   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
It is actually disturbing how much this dude sticks up for μ's. I like μ's fine, but it is over, gotta move on and accept new things.
Interesting statement coming from a dude with a Little Busters avatar, and "Member of Little Busters" under his handle.

What's actually disturbing is thinking you can't continue to be fans of old properties or groups just because they're not currently airing/producing new content.

Do you know what one of the most popular and critically-acclaimed anime shows of all-time is, still spoken of with love and respect? Legend of The Galactic Heroes.

Do you know when it last aired an anime episode? This should make that clear.

As for me accepting new things? I'm loving Re:Zero and Macross Delta, both currently airing anime shows. It helps that Freyja Wion isn't talking about Sheryl Nome or Ranka Lee in every single Macross Delta episode, if you catch my drift...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2016-08-13 at 23:22.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 23:35   Link #46
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
I'd gladly do so if Sunrise did the same instead of reminding me constantly that I could instead be watching the OG anime instead of accepting Aqours.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 04:08   Link #47
MartianMage

Confirmed Kotori fans being unfaithful to waifu!

... I'm just joking, ok? =x
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 04:51   Link #48
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Do you mean you like Aqours more than μ's, or that your stock in μ's went down due to Aqours?
My stock in μ's went down. Doesn't mean I still don't love them. It's like asking me if I still love Sakura Wars? Of course I do! But it's hard to be excited when the multi-media franchise ended 10 years ago and the only thing I get are cameo appearances in games I will never play, and one off concerts that celebrate the franchise.

I'll still plonk down good money for any Kotori merchandise, but I'm happy to move on and spend my time with the new girls of this franchise and not miss out on all the ups and downs on the group and their story. Guess no one noticed me posting more Aqours stuff as of late...

Quote:
You were an excellent Kotori fan. I definitely thought the memories would mean more to you than this. Sad...
That's kinda patronizing, but I'll let it slide.

Quote:
Huh... guess I'll make it clear. I still love and respect μ's, but this is Aqours' story. With all these call backs and referencing to μ's, I'm surprise not a lot more people should have just thrown in the towel for this petty rehash and just go back to watch the OG series. Then on the other side of the coin, there are ones that can separate both group's stories that just wants to enjoy this series without getting too critical of what we know are rehashes of the OG story.

Last edited by Nork22; 2016-08-14 at 05:09.
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 05:00   Link #49
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
By the way, I know it's crazy that Saint Snow was introduced on this episode, but I want more school idol groups introduced for Aqours to challenge them.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 05:48   Link #50
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
By the way, I know it's crazy that Saint Snow was introduced on this episode, but I want more school idol groups introduced for Aqours to challenge them.
Why do you think they need more rivals? Did you feel that Saint Snow was a bit lackluster compared to A-Rise? They can do back flips.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 06:17   Link #51
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@Pen3
Yeah, but I want a school idol group that'll pose a greater challenge other than Saint Snow, or even lesser ones before taking on the Kazuno sisters.
Old 2016-08-14, 06:37   Link #52
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
@Pen3
Yeah, but I want a school idol group that'll pose a greater challenge other than Saint Snow, or even lesser ones before taking on the Kazuno sisters.
As over the top as the producers wanted this series to be, I don't think they will go as far as adding even more rivals. How would they go about that anyway? First of all they have big enough challenges already including overcoming their fears/complexes and improving as an idol group to begin with. Saint Snow is more than enough to push them into and out of the corner. In fact, I still believe making Aquors appear in Akiba Dome is a big enough challenge in itself. And then consider that the character constellation might feel unpolished if they introduce too many new characters that need to make an impact like Saint Snow who will bound to stay underdeveloped, because ultimately they're support characters like A-RISE were. Instead of giving more screentime to rivals, I'd like to see more screentime of Aquors first, specifically the 3rd years of course.
Old 2016-08-14, 06:46   Link #53
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
As for me accepting new things? I'm loving Re:Zero and Macross Delta, both currently airing anime shows. It helps that Freyja Wion isn't talking about Sheryl Nome or Ranka Lee in every single Macross Delta episode, if you catch my drift...
I hate to say this, but you can't comparing LL! with Macross. That's two very different things.

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 07:19   Link #54
Triple_R
*Author

@Nork22 - Thanks for your clarification. I think I get where you're coming from now. For what it's worth, I honestly think Aqours has done a very good job in differentiating themselves from μ's when it comes to personality and character traits. So my overall take on Sunshine is very similar to Akuma Kousaka's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
I hate to say this, but you can't comparing LL! with Macross. That's two very different things.
Idol characters are a core part of Macross. So I think there is some room to compare LL! with Macross.
Old 2016-08-14, 07:30   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Season 8 of LL (if we get there) and Triple_R still complaining about no u's cameo. Or, god beware, the wrong cameo. Some people are forgetting that this is not LL s3 but LL Sunshine. While the Sunshine cast are fans of u's and yes they drop a lot of references of them, the show is about Aquors. I'd rather have the show dedicate more time to explore its own various characters over recurring references to previous seasons.

As for the episode, it was a lot of fun. The Mari/Dia scene gives a lot of insight. Also these outfits ... hang in there Riko. Exploring the new town, I can totally relate although I lost it when Riko was blushing at the girl's doujinshis. We get introduced to a rival group that apparently has super human jumping power. The quirks at the inn were fun too. Hanamaru's nutrients all go up there.

Without watching the preview I'm expecting the rival group to deliver a smashing performance to make Aquors shake in their boots until they somehow get themselves together and have an even better one themselves. I'd really appreciate using less CG for concert scenes though...
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 07:38   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Some people are forgetting that this is not LL s3 but LL Sunshine.
None of us here are forgetting that. The show itself is forgetting that by explicitly bringing up μ's multiple times in each and every episode.
Old 2016-08-14, 07:41   Link #57
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'd really appreciate using less CG for concert scenes though...
Needless to say it's not a budget restriction thing, it's just how they do things. And they've been doing it since 2010. Or in other words, deal with it.
Old 2016-08-14, 08:13   Link #58
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

I guess having another rival apart from Saint Snow is too much. Maybe in Season 2 once Aqours have finally develop themselves, I think Sunrise will have rival school idols challenging them before facing the Kazuno sisters.

Of course, I'm hoping that some of the characters from the School Idol Festival will make a cameo appearance.
Old 2016-08-14, 08:21   Link #59
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

Of course, I'm hoping that some of the characters from the School Idol Festival will make a cameo appearance.
Don't talk about cameos dude. That's Forbidden Love on this thread! Someone will jump on you if you dare express interest in seeing cameos.

Seriously, though, I agree with you. Would be nice if some SIF characters showed up in Sunshine at some point. Speaking of this, I wonder if Saint Snow is based on any of the SIF characters.
Old 2016-08-14, 08:30   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
I actually expected SIF cameos to appear in the movie, heh. The thing is if we want to look at it canonically, then the SIF girls are in the same age range as Muse, right? So in LL! SS, all those girls have long graduated and moved on to other things now like Muse and even if they continued to be idols like A-RISE, at most we can expect them as random roaming characters.