3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-18, 01:15   Link #41
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Frejya and Hayate "dancing" in unison was very pleasant. I really like the overall setting of the show too.
Old 2016-04-18, 01:43   Link #42
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This Hayate-Mirage shipper has a live symbiont on her head while the Zentradi girl has a Seacat under her jacket.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 02:16   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hayate's a terrible student, Mirage's a terrible teacher.

Messer likes to throw his weight around and backstabbing. I guess they need someone like that if Mirage's about to soften up?

This is turning out to be an annoying Delta squadron.

Not a big fan of the whole "I'm going to fly into battle but I don't like shooting" thing. But oh, well. I guess we'll see Hayate's answer to that conundrum soon enough. He at least acknowledged it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 02:28   Link #44
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Freyja inspires him. Mirage doesn't do anything like that for him. At lest not yet.
I don't think that's completely true. Freya indeed did inspired him and allows him fly freely, but Mirage is actually showing him what flying amount to. There is no right without obligation.

That Hayato realised and openly admitted he needs learn properly to be able freely fly is from bigger part Mirage contribution. Mirage helps Hayate mature, while Freya motivate him to stick with his dream.

PS: I actually expected Mirage being worse instructor. I am pleasantly surprised.
Old 2016-04-18, 03:54   Link #45
magnuskn

Alright, saw the episode now with subs. Mirage comes off quite better with them and Hayate does a big turnaround in this episode from being annoyingly self-centered to actually listening to others.

Freyja is still doing good. Not much more about to say there.

So, it seems that the shota king over on Winderemere is in on whatever his Aerial Knights are planning. At least in won't be the "I was duped into it" cliché.

I seriously hope that the other characters get a bit more characterization going forward. It seems most of them are on the level of the Frontier secondary characters (which wasn't bad), but at least the other four pilots of Delta Squadron and the members of Walkure should be almost protagonist level characters.
Old 2016-04-18, 04:14   Link #46
mickbis

"Aren't you the lucky one?" nice!! you tell him too Freyja lol
I like the interaction between Hayate and Freyja and Freyja solo song is really good as well

Now I start to wonder what Windermere goal is...
Endangered other race with Ver Syndrome and attack them when they're occupied without state their purpose !? aren't this Terrorist method !?
and now they said something big is gonna happen?
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 04:21   Link #47
scarlet512
カレン愛してるよ

I really like Mirage this episode so far love dogfights

Freyja supporting Hayate with her song was awesome
scarlet512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 06:12   Link #48
tsunade666

macross. Enough said. I really love this franchise.

that ending 0_0 that is a f*cking SHOTA!
Old 2016-04-18, 06:58   Link #49
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
"Aren't you the lucky one?" nice!! you tell him too Freyja lol
I like the interaction between Hayate and Freyja and Freyja solo song is really good as well

Now I start to wonder what Windermere goal is...
Endangered other race with Ver Syndrome and attack them when they're occupied without state their purpose !? aren't this Terrorist method !?
and now they said something big is gonna happen?
Well yeah. They must realize the NUN can just send a combined fleet like Wings of Goodbye and their forces be wiped off.

Some planets may not even subscribe to the Macross flagship doctrine. Varauta built a 4km fleet killer with 8 Macross cannons and 8 extra large Reaction missiles each with 24 10 gigaton warheads each. Lost Zentradi paying a visit is still a possibility.

So asymmetrical warfare it is.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 07:01   Link #50
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't think that's completely true. Freya indeed did inspired him and allows him fly freely, but Mirage is actually showing him what flying amount to. There is no right without obligation.

That Hayato realised and openly admitted he needs learn properly to be able freely fly is from bigger part Mirage contribution. Mirage helps Hayate mature, while Freya motivate him to stick with his dream.

PS: I actually expected Mirage being worse instructor. I am pleasantly surprised.
Now wouldn't it be a lot more interesting if that "triangle" just developed as platonic compatriots and not as love interests?
Old 2016-04-18, 07:13   Link #51
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Now wouldn't it be a lot more interesting if that "triangle" just developed as platonic compatriots and not as love interests?
Now, where would be the fun in that?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 07:13   Link #52
Elazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

I share your point. Apparently, Freyja and Hayate have similar personalities/souls. Both are free-spirited people, they just want to follow their hearts and realize their dreams. Mirage, on the other side, seems to be really strict, probably sometimes going overboard willing to put duty above all else.

Well, if we want to live on a healthy society, sometimes we have to put our ego aside for the greater good; we have to follow the rules right? Hayate seems to be really sociable, but skipping extremely important lessons was just plain wrong. His job is to protect someone's life, so he should know that failure means death. Therefore, I believe Mr. Arad was right to put Hayate and Mirage together, since they have opposite personalities and different views about the world, they will learn with each other and in the end it will help to broaden their horizons.
Old 2016-04-18, 07:41   Link #53
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I guess the reason why Hayate Immelmal pilot that VF-1EX like a pro is because of Freyja Wion. Without Freyja, he'll be booted out of the Delta Squadron!

Gotta say that both Hayate and Freyja needed each other to become successful, but they can't date because idols needed to be pure, right Japan?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 07:47   Link #54
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I guess the reason why Hayate Immelmal pilot that VF-1EX like a pro is because of Freyja Wion. Without Freyja, he'll be booted out of the Delta Squadron!
Without Freyja's singing, Hayate would have splatted the plane on some rocks. It would have been a posthumous booting.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 07:52   Link #55
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i believe tomsealcat has the fire power to single handedly destroy an entire Vajra colony with his smug face alone.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 07:54   Link #56
Tenzen12

Hayate needs to learn how pilot even without music power up. Sure, his job involve Freya singing and him flying at same time, but still. Soon or later he need leave crutches behind and fly from his own strenght.
Old 2016-04-18, 07:59   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@Tenzen12
There's plenty of time for him to learn the ropes until Hayate is ready on his own, but the problem is he mostly ditched class and lack discipline.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 08:19   Link #58
Tenzen12

Sure?

It's not like I wrote Hayate off or anything. Just saying it's not something he should rely on.
Old 2016-04-18, 08:44   Link #59
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I felt sorry for Mirage after Hayate barfed on him.

It's not a very pleasant experience.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 09:14   Link #60
charles883

Based on ending, I think King Heinz plan to declare war on NUNS. I mean in OP those Draken repaint with Aerial knight symbol meaning they going to reveal themselves
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, sci-fi fantasy