AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-05-13, 07:55   Link #41
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I agree the triangle is too excessively standard to be really interesting. My only hope is that Cocoa winds up falling for Tsutsumi. At the very least her loving a boy who's unafraid to tell her what a witch she is and at the same time pining for a boy who's pining for someone else might help her get a little perspective. It's fine to have a few jerk characters, but pure evil schemers are boring if they don't grow.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 11:09   Link #42
grecefar

this change some things, but that's the problem with girls they think that put the guy in the friendzone is a good thing and is far from that and more when you're that naive. I have a little respect for the blonde that he wants to get away and forget.

well skipped again but FINALLY a chapter for the other couple.

Quote:
My only hope is that Cocoa winds up falling for Tsutsumi.
it would be good, is her or the bum girl that is always with hanabi and aoi.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 09:45   Link #43
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I kind of wonder if anyone will ever translate the OVAs. The first OVA has one really poor translation out somewhere, but there are like 12 of them. True, it covers pretty much the same area, but some parts are sure to have a difference in quality and method of portrayal. For instance, in the OVA, Cocoa didn't run up to Takao calling Hanabi a liar in the first episode, she sat there fake crying and the boys grabbed Hanabi, dragged her over, and tried to force her to bow and apologize. Not to mention that when Hanabi tried to show off how "girly" she could be she didn't just trip and fall in the OVA, she tried a pirouette and spun faster and faster until she collapsed struggling to keep from being sick all over the floor. I'd like to see how other scenes in other episodes were handled in the OVAs, but as I said I've only been able to find the first.
Old 2016-05-22, 22:20   Link #44
grecefar

I really like hiyama and aoi couple, they are really a kids couple and are more fun to watch. It seems they are going to be in first name terms.
Old 2016-05-23, 17:28   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely enjoy when a bit of focus goes with Aoi and Hiyama. Get an understanding of how Aoi caught Hiyama's attention in the first place and how things got started.

It's a bit more amusing because they do clash so often. But at the same time can be rather fun to watch when Aoi is just openly happy about being asked to walk home together.
Old 2016-05-25, 01:19   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The show is a thousand times better when it focuses on Hiyama and Aoi, plain and simple - almost a different show, really. The main pair are basically walking cliches, but these two are realistic and likeable kids.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2016-06-01 at 01:06.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-27, 12:34   Link #47
grecefar

well it was a long journey for just a first name call but for japanese people that's almost sex so... I'm begining to think that bum girl sister is a huge slut.

I'm still waiting for aoi and hiyama kiss, at least in the cheek ;-; but well the next chapter seems that the boys are going to help the girls.
Old 2016-05-30, 13:58   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Wow, this last episode. It really is a show you can't describe without the word adorable. Such, a fun episode. The battle for the first names. All the little moments were good. Aoi getting so utterly hyped and enjoying the generic emails going back and forth with Hiyama. They did have a bumpy patch (which is very much like them), but came through it better off. While I'm sure Aoi would have loved to hear that a few more times....that might be too much for Hiyama to pull off again for a while .

I'm also starting to wonder about that Marin's older sister....I feel some bad advice is being shared here. I know Marin has a lot of fun being the guru of love for her school but she probably should stop passing along the tips her sister has given her. Really wondering what kind of relationships that girl is actually having...
Old 2016-05-30, 17:04   Link #49
MCAL

Damn, Yui and Kazuma are way too much for my heart!! (In a good way)
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 06:51   Link #50
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow, this last episode. It really is a show you can't describe without the word adorable. Such, a fun episode. The battle for the first names. All the little moments were good. Aoi getting so utterly hyped and enjoying the generic emails going back and forth with Hiyama. They did have a bumpy patch (which is very much like them), but came through it better off. While I'm sure Aoi would have loved to hear that a few more times....that might be too much for Hiyama to pull off again for a while .

I'm also starting to wonder about that Marin's older sister....I feel some bad advice is being shared here. I know Marin has a lot of fun being the guru of love for her school but she probably should stop passing along the tips her sister has given her. Really wondering what kind of relationships that girl is actually having...
Agreed on both counts. I still really enjoying watching Hanabi's antics, and she's adorable enough that I'd probably tease her just as much as Takao just to enjoy watching her squirm, but I agree that Yui and Kazuma's story is more touching.

And yeah, it sounds like Marin's sister jumps from boyfriend to boyfriend at a breakneck pace. Don't know about a girl who brags to an eleven or twelve year old sister about all her boyfriends. Either she's a potential future Cocoa, reveling in her popularity, or she's lying to make herself look cool to her admiring baby sister. It'd be funny though if instead her "boyfriends" were otome-game characters or something sad like that. Funny, but at least a bit better than "intimacy" that clearly has no meaning to the girl.
Old 2016-06-01, 01:06   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm not convinced Marin even has an older sister. She could be a creation designed to impart some status, and all that bogus "advice" culled straight from teen magazines.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 06:25   Link #52
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not convinced Marin even has an older sister. She could be a creation designed to impart some status, and all that bogus "advice" culled straight from teen magazines.
Or her sister's a complete loner who's making up a super-popular life so her sister will look up to her. Wouldn't be the first time an anime sis lied to try and impress her younger siblings.
Old 2016-06-01, 13:15   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Definitely all plausible. I'm not sure what is the better one. There is no sister, the sister is lying to her younger sister about her popular teen life, or her sister has horrible relationship skills and is bouncing from guy to guy with no stability.

Yeah...I'm just going to focus on the fun parts of the episode for the time being . Very cute moments especially near the end. Hiyama actually pulling it together and for a moment able to say everything he wanted to say to Aoi. Doesn't have it in him to do that again, but very effective .
Old 2016-06-03, 23:02   Link #54
grecefar

lol so I was right takao is too tall for his age that scene with hiyama in the stairs make me laugh. About the fight they had, yui talked too much and was at fault but well the boyfriends are there to help, at least for hiyama part that he really wanted to help.
There's tanabata chapter in the next one, we get to see kokoa adventures to get takao.

hiyama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> takao.
Old 2016-06-05, 19:50   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I have to say this episode made me appreciate the dynamic between both couples more. Really they are somewhat the same just inverted. With Takao and Aoi being the more mature ones and Hiyama and Hanabi the more childish ones. But they do balance things out nicely.

Takao's initial position on the fight was the more mature one, but whether that made it right was another thing entirely. Hiyama is less mature than Takao, but it does let him take action based on his gut more. Doesn't get as many moments to shine, but did help out in his own way.

And now we get an episode that will focus more on that nutty girl....Joy .
Old 2016-06-05, 21:41   Link #56
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm just hoping it'll give us a chance to have someone tell Cocoa off really well. 12 years old is an age when you're always growing and changing, and she's been stuck like a broken record on the most annoying note. Someone really needs to kick her out of that rut or who knows how long she'll be stuck on that one bad note.

Also, I was a little surprised they were going back to the period stuff. I know they're only eleven or twelve, but still you'd think the guys wouldn't be so quick to jump back on something they got seriously told off over, something that they clearly learned can be seriously painful. Still, yeah, revealing that she hasn't yet is probably the one thing worse in her mind than the mistaken ridicule. Still, I couldn't help but think "well, it could be worse girl". I somehow wound up recalling an incident in the manga version of Naisho no Tsubomi, in which Rea shouts out in front of her whole class that she has hair down there. I'm not a girl, so I wouldn't know which is more embarrassing, but at the least it's a hard call.

For episode 10, it looks like Yui really is a bit more mature than the other girls. She gets her dream of Hiyama, a dream she can't possibly tell anyone about, and all we know is it involved swimsuits and the beach/pool. Either way, the story was real cute here. Seeing the girls run around sneaking secret pair photos without the boys' knowledge. Rather than use them as charms to see them in their dreams though, I think they should tell the boys about it and show the pictures. Hard to imagine a boy not being really flattered and excited to know a cute girl went that far over him; add to that getting to see such a cheerful, hopeful smile on the girl's face and they'd at least get a lot of points I bet, at least on average.

Just took a brief scan of episode 11, and I have to ask: whatever happened to navels?

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2016-06-14 at 09:52.
Old 2016-06-22, 17:43   Link #57
grecefar

well I was really behind in the chapter, was a cute marathon with 3 chapters. There was enough fluff in the chapter 11 in the pool and there was a lots of cute moments.

about the last chapter, is not like I didn't see that coming that hiyama is going to have a rival like what happend with takao and blond bastard, I just hope that it wouldn't happend, but aoi meeting hiyama's mother was priceless.

well that's that for this season, next one in october and I hope to see hiyama and aoi kiss they owed me that one ;-;
Old 2016-06-23, 01:33   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

So got a chance to see episode 10. Pretty good.

It was a kind of nice thing seeing the girls running around to get their pictures. I was actually surprised there were so many girls in that class with crushes considering how bad the boys vs girls atmosphere is in that class. But when you consider most of them could have been for boys in other classes I suppose it fits.

Good moments all around. Was nice to see Ayase be active and step up to block that picture. Frankly the only thing I wish is that she was even more forward or understanding of why she got in the way. Of freaking course she doesn't want Cocoa to have a picture like that. Though I suppose it is out of character for her to do something dramatic like "stay away from my boyfriend!"

Nice save there by Hiyama. He may not be as smooth as Takao, but he is a likable character. Grabbed that picture instantly and carefully passed it along. No silly moments there, he just calmly handled it. Also nice job just going and grabbing those couple pictures for the girls .

Certainly a moment there with Aoi being the one to remember the dream she had and not being able to talk about it .

Good moments all around.
Old 2016-07-18, 21:29   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely got around to watch the last of the episodes and go to say it wasnt that bad but it would of been better if this was 12mins or less it got annoying with the boys and girls

5/10 Hanabi looks good in her yukata and dont know how this got another season
Old 2016-09-02, 20:18   Link #60
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Can't wait for the series to resume. I'd probably say about 8/10. Adorable and really sweet, though it could do with a little work in some areas (esp. Takao's personality). Funny thing is, I noticed something about Cocoa rewatching recently. She's incredibly popular and knows how to use this popularity to her advantage. She lies, cheats, and does whatever she wants without the slightest concern for the consequences. She manipulates people wherever she goes. And when she's caught and called out on her actions, she immediately declares that her enemy is a villain who's lying, trying to set her up and hurt her. This sounds awfully familiar...

EDIT: Finally the second half is started and this will be moved back to the current list. I'd have to say I preferred the first opening, but otherwise it was pretty good. We now have a second rival, and one that so far seems much harder to like than Tsutsumi, what with his overconfident player attitude that seems a little too certain the girl he chooses will reciprocate. On the other hand, Hiyama is winning even more points, protecting Yui from eavesdroppers, noticing whenever she's upset even though he doesn't notice her accessories, and even revealing that he's had feelings for her for quite some time. Sorry Takao, but you have a lot of catching up to do if you want to regain the interest of the audience.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2016-10-03 at 15:43.