AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-29, 17:26   Link #41
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Ch 80 and still going good here, it does feel pretty shounen but it has a nice mix of stats/lvls, the heroines are solid as well with developing relationships (though the MC is dense to everything but magic).

About my only complaint so far is the MC doesn't have much creativity in his magic, though then again this isn't an isekai reincarnation but an old man who spent his entire life focusing on nothing but fire suddenly opening up to the rest of magic. Make more god damn unique magic!
It takes whole years up to decades even for great mages to create one spell, not like he is gonna create one before breakfast than go monster hunting and create second before sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:

Anyway I mostly quick skimmed it and only read Cloud(claude? crowd?) chapter but I'm quite sure that I'm right, at least for the coma duration.
But still. For the MA (magic association):
Spoiler for Major spoiler:

Spoiler for the time durration:

Last edited by Rasty; 2016-09-22 at 15:00.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 00:19   Link #42
Wurstorff

Hmm... it's not that bad. Or rather, it's not bad like that? It certainly is not the amazing high point of the story that the author has hoped for, but that's mainly due to the plot holes. After a first justification, the anti-magic worms are entirely forgotten. Even when the justification doesn't hold anymore, and then some. The antagonist completely and utterly ignores even the most basic rules behind Magic Nullification. And then there's how (that) he managed to obtain his final surprise, given the circumstances...

The Dispatch Magi's (god I hate that name) actions and circumstances are pretty reasonable though, all things considered. Were you maybe using machine translations?

Edit: Oh, right. That antagonist? Unlike your assumption, he was never top-class. Bottom-rung, really, just like three of his pursuers.
Wurstorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 02:00   Link #43
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
he even lets them take him into arrest (though he has the option not to) instead of killing him (for free, of course)
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 06:00   Link #44
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstorff View Post
The Dispatch Magi's (god I hate that name) actions and circumstances are pretty reasonable though, all things considered. Were you maybe using machine translations?
No I was not using MT (just mecab), though I have forgotten large parts. The actions are hardly reasonable at some points and the MA is acting fairly arrogant.

Quote:
Edit: Oh, right. That antagonist? Unlike your assumption, he was never top-class. Bottom-rung, really, just like three of his pursuers.
He was 2-star agent. Considering that the MC never even met a 1 star agent in his previous life and other points I think this makes him quite top class. Also the only higher level Dispatch Mage (agent sounds better) we get to know is the 3-star girl.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well he got stopped by the 3-star girl, but he had the option to kill him even so (and it would be ok with the law I think) and he could have deffinitely gotten something from giving him to her.

Of course he is not gonna get in trouble with them. He is the type that if they told him he should go to a uranium mines and by his hands mine there for the rest of his (short) life would not even ask about the reason, apologise for living and go there even though he has the power not to do so.
Old 2016-01-30, 07:01   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Spoiler:

Please don't make me go through the web archive again to check this orz

Old 2016-01-30, 08:16   Link #46
Rasty

Quote:
Spoiler:

Please don't make me go through the web archive again to check this orz
Spoiler for :
Old 2016-01-30, 08:22   Link #47
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That's honestly a pretty dumb complaint, and he honestly can't get much from that anyway. That also doesn't mean that he's a pathetic coward.

I'm out, have fun discussing this shit with someone else.

Old 2016-01-30, 09:55   Link #48
Wurstorff

First of all: Protag tried to kill Grane there, but Azelia blocked his swing. That's why Grane lived. (And because Protag agreed the punishment is heavy and safe enough)

Besides, he did get something out of it. He freed himself of being charged for helping a fugitive. Hell, by that point he was an accomplice because he used the stolen scroll to learn Growth. And Azelia knew it. In fact, she hides his existence from the Association, which is even bigger, and keeps doing it once he starts breaking dungeons and she is explicitly ordered to find him at any cost.

@Stars: from what I saw, the team leader is only a confirmed 2-star. That would point at the villain being 1-star. Either I missed something big, you read it wrong, remembered it wrong or read far beyond Protag's sleep. Wait. The team leader quits after the whole business. Also, every Dispatch Mage is a monster compared to regular ones. Furthermore, the Association did something for our protagonist. Only a small gesture, but still. (And they still don't know he is the one wrecking the very fabric of reality.)
Old 2016-01-30, 11:10   Link #49
Twi

Spoiler that for the rest of us since the translations aren't up to that point.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if the inn-girl from chapter 6 of the web-novel shows up again? If so, spoiler-tell, please.

Last edited by Twi; 2016-01-30 at 14:32.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 15:38   Link #50
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^^ Second heroine introduction, can't remember where exactly it was, first 80 chapters are so slow....

I stopped reading
Spoiler for :
WoW this MC is trash not even hetare fits when you let people that care for you die just to cocksuck a buch of assholes can these guy be such a loser even once being a level 99 once.

I already despise him just reading the synopsis now i can say for sure he is garbage even if he restart his life 100 times a garbage that pull this one will always be garbage.

Oh and i just guessing but if he reversed the time to a part the heroine is still alive would he do the same things he did again i mean isn't he the association lap dog so whats the point of reversing if his spine doesn't exist in the first place lol.
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 21:17   Link #51
Wurstorff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
[...]
If you have no idea what you're talking about, just ~~, you know?

Rasty's memories, or maybe his understanding, have proven to be pretty faulty and colored. Our protagonist here is no salvation for every generic dipshit protagonist out there, but he's not that bad, and if you attack him, attack him for proper reasons.
Old 2016-01-30, 22:07   Link #52
Kaito Yamakage

All you need to keep reading this series is Seruberie.
Old 2016-01-31, 13:44   Link #53
Yoburi

Quote:
If you have no idea what you're talking about, just ~~, you know?

Rasty's memories, or maybe his understanding, have proven to be pretty faulty and colored. Our protagonist here is no salvation for every generic dipshit protagonist out there, but he's not that bad, and if you attack him, attack him for proper reasons.
You just confirm he isn't any diferent from any other dipshit MC so how i am wrong?

lol if you want to defend him do it for proper reasons lmao.
Old 2016-01-31, 18:38   Link #54
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
WoW this MC is trash not even hetare fits when you let people that care for you die just to cocksuck a buch of assholes can these guy be such a loser even once being a level 99 once.

I already despise him just reading the synopsis now i can say for sure he is garbage even if he restart his life 100 times a garbage that pull this one will always be garbage.

Oh and i just guessing but if he reversed the time to a part the heroine is still alive would he do the same things he did again i mean isn't he the association lap dog so whats the point of reversing if his spine doesn't exist in the first place lol.
Would you try attacking these guys barehanded just to be defiant to authority?
Spoiler for :

The MC isn't the associations lap dog, he just doesn't resist the magic police of that world when he clearly has no chance of winning just for the sake of killing someone who is supposedly going to be punished either way.

In the MCs older life he was Flame-of-Flame, the top fire mage, the magic association has close ties to the top mages as they work together to basically police magic in general. He knows well what they can do and when he restarts his life his level and magic completely reset so he's not level 99 anymore.

@Rasty
He IS given a concession later as help for handing over the dude when he was stopped short of killing him.

After the second series of events with the dude the magic association itself took a blow and lost a lot of its authority with the people + a number of its force died/quit during the time the MC is in a coma for three years.

So the magic association wasn't exactly getting off easy on that either.

Spoiler for :

IMO the time skip coma was half related to the ages of the heroines as well, though I'm still only around ch 200 so they haven't gone all the way yet.
Old 2016-02-01, 01:42   Link #55
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Would you try attacking these guys barehanded just to be defiant to authority?
Spoiler for :

The MC isn't the associations lap dog, he just doesn't resist the magic police of that world when he clearly has no chance of winning just for the sake of killing someone who is supposedly going to be punished either way.

In the MCs older life he was Flame-of-Flame, the top fire mage, the magic association has close ties to the top mages as they work together to basically police magic in general. He knows well what they can do and when he restarts his life his level and magic completely reset so he's not level 99 anymore.

@Rasty
He IS given a concession later as help for handing over the dude when he was stopped short of killing him.

After the second series of events with the dude the magic association itself took a blow and lost a lot of its authority with the people + a number of its force died/quit during the time the MC is in a coma for three years.

So the magic association wasn't exactly getting off easy on that either.

Spoiler for :

IMO the time skip coma was half related to the ages of the heroines as well, though I'm still only around ch 200 so they haven't gone all the way yet.
So it's like a murder breaks into your home and when you can kill him the police arrive and if you persist in killing you go to jail.

Ok i got he can't win but if he kills that guy wouldn't he get a light pushiment it's not like the association would kill him better to remove a potential danger to your love ones and do some jail time than leaving that alive and trusting on other people.

Well i was just reading comments to see if this novel is worth reading because i love a good mage story but this MC is shameful to all cunning and inteligent mages in better storys being kind and trusting the sytem is for Knights.
Old 2016-02-01, 02:23   Link #56
iambill10

Quote:
So it's like a murder breaks into your home and when you can kill him the police arrive and if you persist in killing you go to jail.

Ok i got he can't win but if he kills that guy wouldn't he get a light pushiment it's not like the association would kill him better to remove a potential danger to your love ones and do some jail time than leaving that alive and trusting on other people.

Well i was just reading comments to see if this novel is worth reading because i love a good mage story but this MC is shameful to all cunning and inteligent mages in better storys being kind and trusting the sytem is for Knights.
Stop... you're embarrassing. People who can understand more than MTL are already giving spoilers to you. Now you have 2 choices, read this WN then judge it for yourself whether you'll like it or not; or you can just not read it and return back to your xianxia where all MC do is kill people who piss him off for breakfast.
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 03:21   Link #57
Twi

No need to be rude to him with that parting snipe.

Leaving aside the fact that half the spoilers have been outside of spoiler tags, none of what any of you have said has been translated, yet it's eaten up over a page of back and forth. Everyone's gotten differing opinions, so how about we wait until it gets to that point before it causes anymore bickering? Is there seriously nothing else anyone can talk about beyond that one incident?
Old 2016-02-01, 03:35   Link #58
Amuris

@Yoburi

...you understand that you would be arrested for manslaughter under those circumstances, right? Actually, they would likely charge you with more, since you interfered with the police and killed someone who was in their custody. Self-defense laws are not very expansive. They only are considered for immediate threats, not prior or future ones. Add to that the differences that you see in different regions that dictate what weapon you can use, what direction they can be facing when you hit them, etc.

A lot of people assume self-defense means you can just defend yourself as you see fit when attacked...it isn't anything like that though.
Old 2016-02-01, 03:53   Link #59
Breimn

Let's not talk about laws of selfdefense. In my country they are a mess and protect the criminals.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-01, 05:32   Link #60
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Oh yeah I forgot to ask the most important questions!
Is this a harem and if so whose a part of it?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy world, harem, reincarnated mc